Your favorite activity at the Fort!

princessbee

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
Hi everyone! I'm going to be staying in the cabins with my family in January, and I'm really excited, especially since every bit of information I can get about the Fort tells me that it is pretty much the best place at WDW for recreation. Of course, we can't do everything, but I want to do SOME of it. What is your favorite recreational activity at the Fort and why?

Looping and meeting other campers for me is most fun. My 4 year old likes the campfire and movies outside. My wife likes chilling out on the beach at night and watching the Fireworks from MK.

There really are a lot of things to do at the Fort, and it depends on the makeup of your party as to what you may find most enjoyable. Our kids love the pools and playgrounds. We ALWAYS go to HDDR. Back in May we took my parents and they babysat, babysitted, whatever, while the wife and I had a few drinks at Crockett's Tavern. If you have a cart or bike, cruising through the campground and checking out people's campsite setups is fun. We have always had park tickets when we were there, but when we go in March we are only doing MK one day and the other 4 days are going to be spent at the Fort, so I will have to get more creative but I am certain we will find plenty to do.

Fishing,,because I like to fish. :thumbsup2

I also like looping ,
drinking,
the new Fort waterpark,
the campfire & movie,
and a whole lot more,,
but mostly fishing.

Definitely looping, especially before Christmas to see all the decorations.

popping some popcorn, getting an ice cold drink at the refill station, jumping on the old golf cart and go LOOPING !!!

Watching the electric boat parade from the beach. Only a few people there the night we watched it. It was almost like it was being presented just for us.

Mixing up a Kungaloosh for friends, then enjoying it under the awning of the camper.

That's the great thing about the fort, You can do everything or nothing at all the choice is yours! My wife and I like the rocking chairs on the porch and watching the people with the small kids screaming yanking them by the hand trying to get to 6 parks in a week.... It's like there on some kind of quest and at the same time posessed by the devel!!!! Simply priceless, Better than a movie. Enjoy K.:lmao:

Okay, after reading other posts I'd like to add to my list "People Watching",,
really enjoy the newbies setting up camp, :thumbsup2:lmao:

oh, but don't no one be watch'n me when I'm sett'n up camp, I hate that !

Okay, after reading other posts I'd like to add to my list "People Watching",,
really enjoy the newbies setting up camp, :thumbsup2:lmao:

oh, but don't no one be watch'n me when I'm sett'n up camp, I hate that !

By the time we first visited the Fort we were "seasoned" RVers. But this post does bring back an old memory of our second ever trip with the RV we have now. Mind you I bought it because it was very easy to set up. Anyway we were camping in a fairly primitive campground in upstate NY. Sites were scattered among the wooded hillsides in a very pretty setting. We were sitting out having dinner and saw the absolute funniest group of campers ever who had a site below us. While the others struggled to set up tents (a funny site in itself), the "dad?" went for firewood up into the woods. He had only a small hatchet. We hear chopping and then what seemed like a herd of cattle as he rolled a huge log down into their campsite. We laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes as he tries to chop this thing into fire wood with just a hatchet. He cursed and swore and did finally manage to get a chunk of wood from the log which was about the size of his econo box car. Of course it was not even close to being dry enough to light on fire so he proceeded to add lighter fluid to it which produced massive flames. We had seen enough as our sides hurt from seeing what looked like an old Laurel and Hardy movie being recreated live for our amusement.

Watching the fireworks and water parade at night. Looping. And riding bicycles to the lodge, which has an extra bonus of spotting deer!

We like to sit at the beach, play in the sand, watch fireworks/light parade at night and the campfire. Our faves :)

grabbing a cold beer or two and hopping on golf cart to go looping. think i had a few tonight as i can't spell. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter