Your Fav Thing To Do When Staying at FW

My favorite thing about the fort has got to be late at night sitting on the porch at Crocket's tavern on the rocking chairs with my cup and watching all the tired little soldiers being carried by there parents after a great day at the Magic Kingdom.

We love to ride our bikes to WL and watch the deer along the way. DH and I love to loop on our bikes - the kids, not so much. Sadly, we have wait until November to return to the Fort.

We love to ride our bikes to WL and watch the deer along the way. DH and I love to loop on our bikes - the kids, not so much. Sadly, we have wait until November to return to the Fort.

Howdy neighbor.

I didn't known FW had 'mugs' that you could refill. Last christmas wouldn't have been so cold with Coco on tap. ;)

You know that feeling when you finish the last of the setup ??? Everything after that is just one big warm fuzzy blur:drinking1 :drinking1 ( wait, not that blur :lmao: ):cloud9: :smokin: :woohoo: ( thats the one), until I start to reverse the process.It may be a blur but it's AWSOME..:wave2: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
We usaully get to the site, hook the power a turn the AC on, put the awning down, leave the bikes in the truck,..... then race to MK by boat. Worry about the rest sometime later..... that night.

Boat to contemporary then ride the monorail to Poly walk to the Grand Floridian then back on the monorail to Contemporary then (HOME)-boat ride to the ft. Sometimes we stop at TTC to hope on the EPCOT monorail.

Eating at TE at least once-getting take out (chicken):yay:

Meadows-to see what cool new Ft. stuff is available.:cool2:

the moment after setting up camp-it really doesn't matter after that. It's all good after that-the planning is over.:worship:

Well said - these are all our favorites as well!:cool1:

I'll be in Kennesaw on Sunday! My daughter has a Mother/Daughter thing with her sorority at KSU!

My favorite thing to do at the Fort is to sit and have dinner on the beach while the sun sets and then watch the fireworks and boat parade. Though its a tie with looping- we try to do that as much as possible!!!!

We've been to the Fort a few times so far this year and I can't wait till we get back!!!

Howdy neighbor.

We agree, bike riding is one of our favorite things to do at the Fort. The Fort has the best bike trails, lots of nature and flat! Only place we go camping that we can actually ride and enjoy.

Hi! We are probably just as close to Kennesaw as Acworth. How often do you get down to the Fort?

Not often enough:rotfl:

This Memorial Day will be first return in two years. But I already have another ressie for Thanksgiving.. Truth be told, at one time I had 4 ressies for this year. Think I am a little determined to get back.:thumbsup2

Just wanted to say WELCOME to the boards!

Not often enough:rotfl:

This Memorial Day will be first return in two years. But I already have another ressie for Thanksgiving.. Truth be told, at one time I had 4 ressies for this year. Think I am a little determined to get back.:thumbsup2

Just wanted to say WELCOME to the boards!

Thanks! We plan to be there Thanksgiving week also.

As far as what the kids love about FW, on our most recent trip, DD5 enjoyed the pony ride so much, it will now be part of every trip. The big kids and DH did the trail ride and loved it, but because it is so expensive, that was probably a one time experience. They also love the boat to MK.

I love walking down to catch the boat to MK & seeing the castle come into view for the first time.

We love to cook dinner and sit on the "porch" of our tent and watch people, animals, etc. before we head to the parks for the night...:)

Riding the boat to MK reminds me of when I was a kid. I also remember swimming in the lake ... LOL

My first and thus far only stay at FtW was when I was 4 years old and I vividly remember riding the boat. :goodvibes I had this little Mickey Mouse on a bicycle where his legs would pedal as you rolled the bike - I remember sitting on the floor of the boat and playing with that bike. I had so much fun on the boat rides!

Though I haven't stayed at the Fort in any of my recent trips, we always stop there, and we always take the boat over from the MK. I can't wait 'til we can stay there again!

:thumbsup2We love getting a group together and reserving cabins in the same loop so wet can all plan our barbecues together, play hide and seek with glow necklaces on and we use Nerf guns with glue in the dark bullets.. Makes for fun times at night on days we ate not out looping :lmao:

You know that feeling when you finish the last of the setup ??? Everything after that is just one big warm fuzzy blur:drinking1 :drinking1 ( wait, not that blur :lmao: ):cloud9: :smokin: :woohoo: ( thats the one), until I start to reverse the process.It may be a blur but it's AWSOME..:wave2: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Yes definitely know the feeling especially when we go for Halloween with all the decorating, light shows and grave yard props.....set up is exhausting!

Our first trip to Fort wilderness was in 1990 for my daughters 1st birthday. My son was 5. We have been going back for Halloween alot (they are 25 and 29 now) as october is our favorite time of year there. We love taking our golf cart around the loops to see all the decorations. I also love hearing all the piped in music everywhere as we go at the fort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter