your fav. full hook up site? not a pet loop?

striker3636

Gets visits from Tinkerbell at n
We are booked for 2 weeks in Feb and are wondering if we need to bother with asking for a specific loop or whether most sites are pretty good. We are not bringing our dog and we wonder if the pet loops are a little noisier than non pet loops. We are booked for full hook up (not preferred) and from what I have read this puts us in one of the following: 600,900-1300. Does anyone have any favourites? We are a little leary about bus noise too. We want to be in the middle area of the campground, not too far from the campfire/movies. We are in our 25' trailer, so we don't need to be too close to a comfort station either.

Any ideas would be great - sorry for the repeat, most of the recent threads are for preferred! Thanks!

We like the 1000 and 1300 loops more than the 600, 1100 or 1200 loops. The 900 loop is a pet overflow loop.

John

Thanks John...I hoped I would hear from you - you seem to be an experienced FW camper from your posts! Are loops 1000 and 1300 quiet ones? I thought they might be good loops from the map, but wondered if you would hear lots of noise from the Trading Post and Rec. area. We have small kids and I liked the proximity to the playgrounds for these ones too.

Does anybody else have any other sites/loops they like and why? =)

We love the 1400 section to be exact 1435 is prime we had the site a couple years back and we just stepped outside our camper and watched the movie and the bathhouse was only about 50feet away from us. Another plus. My biggest gripe and I'm still trying to understand this to this day is why campers and motor homes with baths are put right next to the bath houses. We have a popup and no bath and two granddaugthers (who seems to always have to go) and I could never understand the logic there. ok enough of the griping I want ot go camping only I have to wait to June........Karen

Annette

We have stayed in sites at the entrance to a loop and the bus noise didn't really bother us. Never had a problem with noise from the Post or Rec. area when in 1000 or 1300. We just go with the flow when we check in but if you get to your site and you don't like it you can check back with Reception and see if they have something else that would fit your needs.

John

The 900 loop was always our favorite loop, then it was made a overflow pet loop.( when we visited 900 loop last year there was only 1 dog.) We had requested the 900 loop, we needed 3 sites together and were put in the 1600 loop last year. I did not like being so far from meadows store. The pet loop was not a big problem but if had a choice I would rather have a no pet loop. Noise has not been a problem in my 5th wheel camper . We use to hear a lot more in the pop up . This year I have requested the 1200 or 1300 loop

We have been to Fort Wilderness 4 times now and since we bring our dog along always had a pet loop site. We never found them to be noisy at all. Our first trip in May 2003 we stayed in 1600. While there we rented a golf cart and checked out the other sites and found our ideal which is 1918. We asked for it the next 3 stays and got it 2 of the 3 times. In June, we were right across the road from 1918. The site was vacated the day after we arrived and remained empty during our stay. We thought about moving, but since we were all set up we just stayed put.

1900 is particularly quiet. It is the loop farthest away from the action of all the busses and other vehicles. It also seems to be one of the last loops filled. I think Disney fills them in number order unless you express a preference. We just like 1918 because its got some decent distance between us and our side neighbors. In addition there is enough room in back of the site to walk the dog in private (he is agressive with other dogs).

Some people like it close to the activities around the Meadows. Since we bring our own golf cart, we can get around to everything easily so being tucked away where its more secluded is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter