Your escape wedding details

fairyprincessmom

Earning My Ears
We are going to do an escape vow renewal for our 10th anniversarry when my DH comes home from Iraq. We want it small and elegant.I want to know where you had your escape wedding, what upgrades you took if any ( I know my DH wants a better cake) and what you did after with your guest? We are thinking dinner but not sure where, I think we just plan to meet everyone for the fireworks later and have some alone time! We are going to have our ceremony at either 12pm or 2:30pm. Let me know what you did please, the more details the better.

Thanks

:flower3:

Congratulations on 10 years!! Ours was 3 years ago (I cannot believe it's almost our anniversary!!) and "elegant" and "intimate" would be the best way to describe our day - it was perfect for us! Here are the details:

Where: Wilderness Lodge Sunrise Terrace (only holds 8-10 people)
When: 3:00 pm (after ceremony, cake, and pictures we were done about 5:30/5:45 pm). We chose 3:00 because 9:00 am was too early and 11:00 am and 5:00 pm were too close to the Whispering Canyon Cafe lunch time/dinner time noise
Guests: 8 total plus MOH
Upgrades: custom cake (extra $265 :eek: but it was the cake of my dreams); extra floral (MOH wand, Dad bouts, MIL coursage, Mom's remembrance rose); chocolate Mickey/Minnie favors; bottle of sparkling cider
After Ceremony: We had a private dinner in our room and our guests scattered to DTD and MK. The next morning we hosted a brunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. After brunch we went to MK with a couple wedding guests and with several friends who came down for the weekend to celebrate with us! That night we had dinner at EPCOT/Italy, just the two of us, and then met up with friends at PI (we used our limo hours for that).

We loved our event and so did our guests.

Wedding Pavilion - 2:30pm
Cake cutting at the GF - 3:30 to 4:30 (really this went to 5)
Dinner at Narcoosee's 5:30 to 8
Wishes Cruise on the Grand 1 - 8:15 to 9:45

I thought we would have downtime between cake cutting and dinner, we really didn't. It flowed nicely that everyone had time to finish their cake and champagne, talk for a few minutes and then make their way to Narcoosee's.

We upgraded our cake to a 3 tier!! :scared1: DH insisted on it and we made it the Mickey's delight in our wedding colors. Since we knew we'd have a Lot of extra cake, we brought some store brand zip lock style containers (the boxes, not bags) in the biggest size I could find (a little smaller than a shoe box) and filled them with cake. I had 1 for each hotel room group then gave my parents one box provided by Disney and DH's family another box provided by Disney (they bring pastry boxes for each tier). We kept the last box with our top tier and ate it the rest of the week. Everyone got a LOT of cake, but they were all staying a few more days and had time for cake eating (and they all had refridgerators). We knew our guests would eat the cake - no one in my family turns down dessert - but if you're not sure they will you might end up with a lot of cake to eat. DH and I would have actually liked more cake than we ended up with - I think the top tier was smaller than what most anyone else got :confused3

ANYWAY, the other upgrades were just Dinner at Narcoossee's and the Wishes cruise on the Grand 1. I did add boutineers for my dad, his dad, best man and my nephew, plus a rose want for my niece and a coursage for my mom. In total that was like $150. I brought my MOH/sister a silk boquet because hers would have been another $125.

There are very few TINY details I would have changed, but that'll happen no matter what. I think everything we did was fantastic. It was just right to have a casual dinner with everyone and then fireworks - we didn't worry at all about talking to everyone or all the typical wedding duties since we had a small group and could easily talk to them all as the evening went on. We took the upper deck on the Grand 1 to ourselves so we had our time alone sort of.

Where: Sea Breeze Point
When: 5 pm
Cake: custom designed - Two tier white fondant, with hot pink ribbons going around on the bottom part of the tiers and fresh hot pink roses bunched on top of top tier.
Dinner: One piece of advice I can tell you is... if you have your wedding at 5pm, don't count on Disney accomodating your dinner plans if you're not doing private dining. They're dinner schedule is set for groups that are larger than 12 people. We're having a dinner reception at Shula's steakhouse at the Dolphin Resort in a private room.
One thing we're NOT doing: The cake reception at SBP, we're moving the cake to Shula's to have a proper cake cutting after dinner there. We are having a champagne toast after the wedding at SBP though.
Upgrades: Oh, boy... too many! lol! :rotfl: We're having candles on the steps of SBP and ribbons tied on the railings. We're having either white wooden chairs being brought in OR covering the existing standard plastic chairs with chair covers in ivory with pink sahses. We're doing a sand ceremony through Disney. We're adding bout's for my dad and best man. I'm also upgrading the standard escape photography package. We're adding an hour and also the photojournalistic package.

I wanted to make my Escape wedding as custom as I could, and I have to say... Disney has made my dream come true! They are the most helpful people and I loooove Rosie (floral) and my WP... they are both amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want an Escape and you want it personalized, it's possible! Just ask! :thumbsup2

Have fun planning and I hope I helped a little! :goodvibes

Where: Wedding Pavilion
When: December 9, 2008 10 a.m.
Guests: 11
After Ceremony: We got tickets for all our guests to go to Epcot and we are eating at Les Chefs de France for lunch and then hanging in the park all day!
Upgrades: bout's for father, man of honor, and best man, and corsage for my mom. Rose petals on the cake table, water bottles for cake and champagne reception. We are also using Randy as our photography instead of Disney!

We had our wedding at SBP..absolutely beautiful. I added extra floral so that was the extras we paid for. our cake was a custom flavor for an extra charge of $10 lol..big whop right lol. We had chocolate chip cake with chocolate mousse filling. I just liked the basic cake that they use so I chose that. It was what I had always envisioned my cake to look like.

Afterwards we went to Grand Floridian Cafe, did not like it there one bit but then again I had issues with the manager before hand so I should have listened to my instincts. Wish I would have had it at Ohanna's. I should have went with atmosphere,food and fun rather than just a pretty restaurant.

Disney does a fantastic job, you will be blown away. I could not have asked and prayed for a better day. Tim and I are truly blessed to have had such a gorgeous wedding day. I will never forget the people who made our wedding day so special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter