Your centerpieces

DisneyFairy19

Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been
I am in the process of deciding on what centerpieces to have, can you girls post your pics???

Hey I'm in work right now but if you look at my sig and go to the second page of my PJ my center pieces are there. I stole the idea from another DIS bride!

untitled.jpg
greencandle.jpg

I'm having my reception at The Attic, so, IMO, I don't think it needs too much decorating...it just wouldn't look right.

In that case, I'm going to use the petals and votive candles to surround the vase with the orchid and floating candle on some of the tables. On other tables I plan on having the petals and votive candles surround black framed b&w wedding photos of my parents, FILs, and all sets of grandparents'. I love the idea of the personal touch, rememberance, and it doesn't hurt that it seems to fit in with the decor of the room itself. PLUS, it's virtually a FREE centerpiece! WOOHOO!! :cool1:

Although my wedding won't be as large as yours, sometimes I think people feel that less is more...and that way, they are almost forced to notice the details rather than be distracted and visually over-stimulated. Afterall, your wedding day should be a reflection of you and your significant other.....not a theatrical production. ;)

It's the small things that count in a big way! IMO, of course! :p

This is ours, but I think we're going to do cranberries instead of grapes. We're doing a fall theme with burnt orange, maize yellow, cranberry/wine red, and brown.

cpka3grapes.jpg

We are having this Cinderella carriage with floral inside that cordinates with the flowers of the wedding. It has twinkle lights on it too! Sorry, it's a huge picture!
100_0154_0022_022_0001.jpg

Ours were going to be these flowers in the blue vases of the second picture, before we mercilessly cut them from our BEO! :rotfl:

Pinkcenterpieces.jpg

VaseRefPic.jpg

Go Simple Don't Spend So Much On These, People Do Not Remember Them, And For The Most Part They Get In The Way Trying To Talk To People Across Table. We Did Simple Gel Filled Cylinders With Floating Petals, And Led Lights, And It Was Enough!

My FTW vow renewal party was a progressive one, but I was lucky in that each venue was unique and really didn't need much jazzing up in any way. With the help of my wonderful Disney Floral Event Manager, the following centerpieces were used.

Cocktail Party: Kept things simple since venue was dark & ominous and didn't want to detract from that -- tall cylinders filled with red gel and topped with votive candles.

2190765951_3ef134d887.jpg

2238790584_28fceb988c.jpg

Dinner Party: Kept things simple since venue had old Western town feel -- small wooden barrels, ceramic moonshine jugs, rope lariats, driftwood frames, bundles of corn, bundles of twigs, bundles of leaves, bales of hay, and small hurricane lamps.

2407507117_8d25e9e2ff_o.jpg

668997382_3a3bf8e6cb.jpg

2408340428_88e040dd26.jpg

Dessert Party: Kept things simple since venue was already decked out in true Technicolor style -- bright floral arrangements & spiral lollipops that sat in colorful ceramic flowerpots; at each place-setting sat mini-cakes, pairs of ruby slippers, and small purses filled with colorful Runts candy.

2191533294_8404a8a002.jpg

2408340396_1268df2f4a.jpg

1890571961_3d5fd769da.jpg

Dance Party: Kept things simple with illuminated cocktail tables that changed colors all evening long; cocktail tables were topped with tall cylinders that were filled with red gel and topped with votive candles.

669211394_f616389237_o.jpg

2190746401_54dafc54ba.jpg

2407507155_f3f906651e.jpg

So, the moral of my post is that you should give consideration to the venue in which your party is going to be held. If it is already a beautifully decorated venue on its own, then it won't need much in the way of additional touches. However, if the venue needs a little jazzing up, give much thought & care to how you think it can best be done. But try not to go overboard. As someone has already so kindly mentioned in this thread, most folks aren't going to remember how the venue was decorated. They're only going to remember the wonderful smiles upon the faces of the happy couple (you and your spouse). Your loved ones don't need much more than that to make them happy. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter