YOUR big priorities for a couples trip?

MouseMamaToMany

Mouseketeer
I’d love as much input here as you all are willing to give!

Hubby and I are headed to WDW for our 16th anniversary in October. It will only be our second trip away from our 5 kids in our entire marriage, so we want to live it up!

We have a reservation at Pop, because we anticipate only being in the room to sleep, and want to save our money to do fun things instead.

Keeping that in mind, what would be your big priorities and “not to be missed” experiences? I go frequently and have an AP, but hubby will only be going on his second trip ever.

Here’s what I’m thinking so far:

-Brunch at the Top at Cali Grill
-Hoop De Doo
-MNSSHP
-Morimoto Asia

What else?? Give me all of your big and amamzing dream trip ideas!

On our last trip in December my husband and I booked the Senses of Africa tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge - it was a highlight

Also, lunches at Brown Derby lounge at the Studios and Nomad lounge in Animal Kingdom were an awesome break in the middle of the day.

I would suggest dinner at the Ale & Compass, a walk around the Boardwalk & then something innovative back in your hotel room!
It won’t fail to impress

The Boardwalk is my favorite place in all of WDW. If we had a zillion dollars, we’d stay there. But a walk around the Boardwalk is definitely a given! Ale and Compass followed by Ample Hills, perhaps?

On the rare occasion the misses and I get away alone there we tend to try to enjoy some nice drinks and dinner. We do plenty in the parks, but often try to make it to some of the lounges and resort restaurants as well. Trader sam's is always fun, Mizner's is a more chill/upscale feel. The boardwalk ones are great as well. On the night we can stay up late Jellyrolls at the boardwalk is wonderful, adults only dueling pianos with an occasional Disney song sung.

I’d love as much input here as you all are willing to give!

Hubby and I are headed to WDW for our 16th anniversary in October. It will only be our second trip away from our 5 kids in our entire marriage, so we want to live it up!

We have a reservation at Pop, because we anticipate only being in the room to sleep, and want to save our money to do fun things instead.

Keeping that in mind, what would be your big priorities and “not to be missed” experiences? I go frequently and have an AP, but hubby will only be going on his second trip ever.

LOVE POP! That's my husband and my home away!

We love Jiko- It's a really nice getaway from the parks and a romantic meal. Marrakesh in Epcot is always a hit with us too!

Watching the fireworks from the Poly beach with a Dole Whip in hand and a trip to Trader Sam's afterward.

Attending a dessert party to watch any of the nighttime shows.

Taking a stroll through Disney Springs at night and getting dinner.

Drinking around the world (or eating in my case) at World Showcase.

If you're up for it, then a couples spa at Senses in GF.

We went for our 30th in October 2017. I rented DVC points for a Boardwalk studio. Food & Wine is going on at Epcot then so we could easily walk over for snacks and drinks. We really enjoyed Jellyrolls, DH requested we do that again next trip. Our other big splurge was the Highway in the Sky Dine Around dinner. You could do a similar monorail crawl on your own.

My husband and I go kid-less on a regular basis; we find that there are so many unique opportunities at Disney World. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Savor, Sip, and Sparkle - Celebration at the Top - This is a Sunday only experience at California Grill that I think is the best value for a special event. You get a ton of great appetizers, all-you-care-to-enjoy beer, wine, sparkling wine, and some bar drinks, a dessert buffet, and a great view of the fireworks. We have done it five times now, and I am sad when we are not there on a Sunday night.
2. Jellyrolls - Such a fun piano bar on the Boardwalk - we like it so much we spend a New Year's Eve there once.
3. Drink Around the World Showcase - We found really fun, inexpensive personalized passports online (you can PM me or google "personalized drink around the world showcase epcot passports") - we love the passports because we always meet fun people who are doing the same thing when we go.
4. Monorail Drink-a-Thon and Snack-a-Thon - the same company has a fun Monorail passport - fun experience at all the deluxe resorts on the monorail. We also add the resorts accessible by boat from the monorail because we love the Geyser Point bar on the water at Wilderness Lodge.
5. A fireworks cruise - watch the fireworks from your own boat (about $350) with the music piped in - really a special experience.
6. Try a specialty tour - we loved Keys to the Kingdom and the Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness ("Wilderness Back Trail Adventure")
7. Sleep in late and plan to stay at a park late to walk hand-in-hand under the lights.

Most of all, take it slow and easy, and just enjoy each other in this magical place.

My wife and I celebrate our anniversary there as well. In 41 days we will be celebrating our 45th. You want to do something special? Take your time. Hold hands. Dance in the street at the end of the parade. We have found in our 45 years it is not the event but the time spent together. Put away your communication devices. This is your time to talk to eachother. I have looked into my wifes eyes and told her I loved her while eating a burger at Cosmic Rays. You don't need a $50 tab for it to mean something. Sure, going out for a fancy meal when you are home is the norm but you are at WDW. There is no norm here, Just Magic. Embrace the magic and embrace eachother.

If you are foodies, Food & Wine fest will be going on at Epcot! We did a couples trip in September just for that, and spent a whole day eating and drinking our way through all the food booths! It was a lot of fun and SO TASTY :)

My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary this past October. First time at WDW without the kids. We arrived on a Thursday and headed home on Sunday, so it wasn't a long trip.

Some of our highlights were:

Dinner at California Grill on Thursday night. Great way to start off the trip. We have done the Brunch before, but this was our first dinner.
Friday we went to Food & Wine at Epcot during the day and MNSSHP that night. Tried all kinds of food and drinks at Epcot. First time at the Halloween Party.
Saturday we went to AK. Headed over to AKL for lunch at Sanaa. Later in the evening, we had drinks at Nomad Lounge.

Crammed a lot in during the short time and did several "first time" things, but overall it was a relaxing, stress free get away.

Hope your trip is awesome!

My husband and I go kid-less on a regular basis; we find that there are so many unique opportunities at Disney World. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Savor, Sip, and Sparkle - Celebration at the Top - This is a Sunday only experience at California Grill that I think is the best value for a special event. You get a ton of great appetizers, all-you-care-to-enjoy beer, wine, sparkling wine, and some bar drinks, a dessert buffet, and a great view of the fireworks. We have done it five times now, and I am sad when we are not there on a Sunday night.

Now this one I have never heard of! Looks like it is on Saturday when we are there in Feb, but apparently sold out. I might look for it on future trips though.

Hubby and I are going for our anniversary in August. We arrive on Saturday, leave on Tuesday our plan is:
- Saturday: Disney Springs & the Boardwalk. I really wanted to do the Ferrytale Fireworks cruise, but it's closed in August :(
- Sunday: Epcot - eat & drink around the world, and hopefully fireworks with Rose & Crown package
- Monday: MK
- Tuesday: early-ish flight so basically just Magical Express

I really kind of wanted to get into HS to watch Fantasmic on Saturday, but hubby doesn't want to spend the extra $$ on tickets for part of a day. So Hmmm....

Hubby and I are going for our anniversary in August. We arrive on Saturday, leave on Tuesday our plan is:
- Saturday: Disney Springs & the Boardwalk. I really wanted to do the Ferrytale Fireworks cruise, but it's closed in August :(
- Sunday: Epcot - eat & drink around the world, and hopefully fireworks with Rose & Crown package
- Monday: MK
- Tuesday: early-ish flight so basically just Magical Express

I really kind of wanted to get into HS to watch Fantasmic on Saturday, but hubby doesn't want to spend the extra $$ on tickets for part of a day. So Hmmm....

We're also doing Saturday to Tuesday when we go in early November for our first kid-less trip. We don't have flights yet, but we're hoping to get in early enough that we'll be at a park by 2 or 3. When we're with the kids we don't get hoppers, but we're going to get them this time since we think we'll be able to spend a lot longer in the parks by ourselves. The early close at MK on Monday also influenced the decision to buy hoppers. Between the early close and what we know about park crowds that week (from being there in 2018 with the kids and websites), there was no good way to do the equivalent of a full day with night show at both Epcot and MK without hoppers. Our plan is:

Saturday-A few hours at HS or AK, then MK for dinner and fireworks.
Sunday-Relax at the hotel, Epcot 11am-close for Food and Wine
Monday-MK from rope drop to close (which is 4:30 that day!), HS or AK for a few hours, late dinner at Disney Springs
Tuesday-Not sure yet if we'll have time for a park in the morning, so we'll wait until we have flights to decide.

We are doing an Anniversary trip in October as well.

Arrival Day Hoop Dee Doo or possibly Not So Scary
Day 2 Casual day at MK and watching Happily Ever After as it makes my wife super happy.
Day 3 Food and Wine. Will probably get an ADR for the evening as it's our anniversary, but will go into it knowing we may cancel and eat the $20 to give us flexibility. Just don't know how full we will be after F&W all day.
Day 4 we will just play by ear as far as parks go.
Day 5 Departure Day, but will spend most of the day at Disney Springs

Our priorities for a romantic trip:

- An afternoon & evening at Food & Wine
- A signature dinner, probably at Jiko
- An evening at Trader Sam's
- An afternoon break at Nomad Lounge
- A breakfast with Mickey, usually Garden Grill
- An evening at Disney Springs, dinner at the Boathouse and drinks at The Edison or Enzo's Hideaway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts