Your best Money Saving Tips for Orlando Holidays

Yes, we went in out of curiosity and was a bit dubious at first, but we came out laughing at how much money we'd saved with the tickets. Beware though, the time shares are lovely and its very very tempting. If you do decide to do that always make yourself a rule that you have a week cooling off period no matter how good the deal is, they wont turn you down if you go back a week later.

Dont Know If They Still Do This But We Went To Golden Coral And Ot 2 Adult Meals To Go They Gave Use Loads Of Polystyrene Containers And Filled Them Up Ourselves Left With Enough Food To
Feed All 5 Of Us And Still Had Some To Snack On Later In The Evening

not quite a mony saving tip,but could save heartace
When packing mix everones clothes in sutcases,so if a bag go`s missing at least you got some in anouther bag
Rember beeing on holiday once and saw one person had all there clothes and someone didnt,as they packed all there own clothes in one case each
Paulh

we always do this Paul. We've never lost a case yet but you never know when it may happen.

Sharon

We did the time share for tickets thing. Was definitely worth it and they were really good tickets:)

Great thread :thumbsup2

Right. Here's my mega-money-saving tip. I've done this one as well so I can vouch for the savings.

Buy a cheap timeshare in a resort affiliated to Interval International. I paid about a thousand pounds for one in the Lake District. It's a one bedroomed cottage, sleeping four, in a really nice development near Windermere. Every year I pay about £350 maintenance fees, and can use it for no extra cost. You can now pick these up for next to nothing on ebay.

But if you spend another £70 to join Interval, You can swap your timeshare for an exchange fee of another £100 and stay at DVC properties. That's a total of £450 per week and we've stayed in Old Key West, (Disney price about £1600), Boardwalk Villas, (Disney price about £1600), and been offered two bed apartments in Saratoga Springs and Wilderness Lodge, (Disney price £2300).

I've also paid about £250 per week for surplus weeks, (ie not exchanges), in Marriott's flagship vacation club resorts such as Cypress Harbour, (Currently No 2 on Tripadvisor and about £800 per week)

I'm not selling timeshare by the way, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't confident that they'll use it. There's also the fact that the Disney ones aren't always available. But personally, we've stayed in hotels I wouldn't be able to afford under normal circumstances and saved a fortune doing it! :thumbsup2

We have done exactly the same as Graeme. We have three weeks of timeshare at La Manga in Spain which we are very happy to use but equally we have the ability to swop to other high standard resorts for a token payment of £100 per week.

This year we will be spending Christmas and New Year at Marriott's Cypress Harbour on a timeshare exchange - this has saved us literally thousands of pounds over the years and guarentees high standards of accommodation. The actual cost for our accommodation only is in the region of £3000. I have paid just £200 to swop the two weeks timeshare from Spain to Orlando, quite a bargin!

Great thread Russ!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

One thought - Can you take your refillable mug with you when you do a split stay at two disney resorts?? Or is that a big NO NO!!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

i notice you have booked a holiday for 2010, can i ask where you did that because i have been searching for hours on end trying to find somewhere that will take that far in advance, or somewhere that does the holidays cheap? thanks:flower3:

keep your barcodes on the refil cups from Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard beach as Sundays will work the next sunday ect so can be worth while if just popping in for an afternoon cooldown!

Best advice to save money...

When you land, get off the plane onto the steps, throw your wallet onto the runway and get back onto the plane.....

LOL are you my husband in disguise ? :rotfl:

Where is the Walmart ? If it's at Disney is there anywhere cheap near International Drive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter