Your best balcony view - please share!!

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
DH puts a lot of emphasis on the balcony view we get at our Disney resort. I just saw the photos of the new places at Wilderness Lodge and I think he would flip out for that outside fireplace right on the balcony! Of course I feel like it would be like throwing thousands of dollars right into that fireplace, considering the price to stay one night!!!! :rolleyes1

What are some of the best balcony views you have had at WDW?

Dh and I had a beautiful one for our honeymoon at the BWI. Overlooked the gardens and the Eiffel Tower and we could see some of the fireworks from illuminations. Very peaceful and romantic. But my favorite balcony view was an upgrade we got on our YC stay a few years later when we brought our kids for their first trip. Total pixie dust moment, instead of some garden or parking lot we had a view of the lake and the boardwalk across the way. So beautiful, especially at night. We spent a ton of time on that balcony since the kids were nappers and early-to-bed kids.

IMG_20150511_173953256_zpsoowqyf0l.jpg

AKV

YC
YC_zpsndawqvpq.jpg

BW
IMG_20170307_131255272_zps3f64al1l.jpg

loves to dive - thank you! That one from AKL looks like the view we had from a one bedroom suite that we stayed in years ago.

We have had some great views through the years, but now that the kids are older and probably not coming with us, we plan on spending more time "hanging out" than going to the parks. A comfortable balcony (i.e.. not teeny-weeny) will be important. I know we won't get the big balcony we had recently at OKW at any other resorts, but I think the 2BR at OKW is way too big for just the two of us.

One of my favorites was a patio we had on the first floor at the Poly. Instead of water view, we were surrounded by beautiful gardens, and the monorail whizzed by overhead.

The room I had a YC faced the BW but I've had rooms there were the view faced the gazebo, you could see the Epcot FWs from there. The BW one I posted you could see the Epcot FWs.

I once had a view of the boardwalk from the Beach Club, it was beautiful! We could also see Illuminations from the balcony

After being at the Beach Club, I wondered if there was a view toward Epcot.

We had a woods view in the direction of Epcot. Of course, we couldn't see Epcot because of all the trees on that side of the Beach Club. We could hear and see Illuminations though, so that was pretty cool. I don't think any rooms at the BC have a clear view of Epcot. We were in the last room on the hallway before you go out the "secret" exit to the International Gateway. Super convenient when you've had multiple Grey Goose slushees :p

IMG_1965.PNG
IMG_1969.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_1966.PNG
    IMG_1966.PNG
    76.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1964.PNG
    IMG_1964.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1967.PNG
    IMG_1967.PNG
    130.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter