Your all time favorite Christmas Gift

AS A child: a tiny green rubber hippo with a pink skirt that glowed in the dark. It was maybe 3” tall. I don’t know why I got it. But I loved it. We didnt have much and it was ALL MINE. I’d hold it under a light and take it to bed with me.

As an adult: a positive pregnancy test a few days before Christmas!

As a kid it was getting the Nintendo.

As an adult it was adopting a greyhound.

As to the horse thing...I have 8 and care for 30 on our farm. Yeah they're expensive but worth it!

When I was 11 I got a cockatiel. I had been saving for months for that bird (the whole time I was also trying to convince my parents to let me have her, they are NOT pet people). I would visit the store all the time just to make sure she was still there. Christmas Eve I finally got a gift certificate that put me at the point where I could afford her. I was beside myself when on Christmas Day Santa (don't worry I knew at that point it wasn't really Santa) brought me the cage, and my aunts brought over the bird. SallyAnn and I had 9 awesome years together. She was one spoiled bird. Since I had all that money saved I was able to get her lots of cool jungle gyms and toys.

All I ever wanted when I was a kid was a computer. I was probably 8 or 9 when my parents bought me a Tandy Color Computer. I was kinda irritated I didn't get an Apple, but this thing was actually way better. It acted as a game console and a computer. It came with a 3 inch thick programming book that helped you learn to program. I still spent a lot of time using it even after we got a Nintendo.

It was way back in the 70's I got my first pair of my very own roller skates. I was in 7th heaven.
And the next best thing close to Christmas me and my husband won a full on cruise, Tips and everything was included we won it from the top prize.

A battery operated Scotish terrier that did floor twists on his leash as well as jumping thru hoops.
Or maybe it was the Panasonic portable record player and Three Dog Night album that came with it.
Still lovingly recall and own the complete hardcovered works of Hans Christian Andersen with gold leaved paper edges.
Finally, there was the "I can walk" Black doll with green streaks in her hair that matched her dress. She sat on my made up bed until the back of her head became bald.

Last edited:
Our daughter was born two days after Christmas. Does that count?

If not, then:
55474897_1_x.jpg

When I was young I remember the best present ever. An 8 Track player with 2 Tapes (Grease and Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band). Boy, did I think I was the coolest thing ever. I listened to those 2 tapes over and over. We all know how well 8 tracks went over - and those were the only 2 tapes I ever got. But I loved that thing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!