Your absolute best time?...

Being "locals" we do get to go quite often, about 30-40 days a year. Over the years we have realized that the best time for us id the 1st week of December. All the decorations are up, everyone is in the Holiday spirit, the crowds are low and the weather is great.

The first of December is great when all the holiday decorations are up. But we also like late August/early September when the kids are back in school but it's still warm enough to enjoy water activities.

But any time at the fort is is better than a day at home!

I just watched our DVD/Slideshow of our trip from Dec. 2006. And I think as many of you have said, we will try for the first week in Dec. again. It was great. The weather, crowds, decor-all of it wonderful. I don't worry too much about pulling the kids out of school(yes, I am one of those parents). Well, I don't pull them out all the time, but for Disney I will. I figure, you are spending a lot of money to go, at least get your money's worth and enjoy your time there. My girls do well so I don't worry about it too much. School is important, but so is quality family time, and what better place than Disney? Now if I can get ressie's for next year, I am there. I will have to chance the weather with traveling down from Maine, it will be worth it. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all your wonderful opinions!

Out first camping trip to WDW in a long time was april-may of 04. We didn't stay at the fort because we got 2 free weeks at a nearby campground for free when we bought our TT. The weather was great, not too hot not too cold. Our last trip was Oct of 06 and was our first of MANY MANY stays at the fort. We loved it!!! The weather was perfect, the crowds were low and what can you say about the fort... WOW!

We wanted to go back this Oct. but DS just started Kindergarten, [
:teacher:so didnt think it was the best idea to pull him out for 2 weeks just as he was getting used to it. So we decided to go the end of feb- first of march. Has anyone been there around those times? What should we expect crowd temp wise.

I am so excited, we just bought a new TT and can't wait to get to the fort again
See you soon hopefully
John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter