Your absolute best time?...

seabee

<marquee><font color=deeppink>Signmaker extraordin
Good morning all!

DH and I were discussing our next trip to the fort, and when it would be. We stayed at the fort for the first time this Oct. I don't know why it took us that long! We loved it. So of course we can't wait to go again.

We have been to the World in March, December, July, and October. We have our own likes and dislikes about each time period. We were discussing what would be the best time for us to go for our next trip. I thought I would bring it up to you fabulous experts on the board. So here is my question to you all...

What do you feel is the absolute best time to go? Taking into consideration, crowds, weather, events, and how crowded the fort might be. I am curious to see your responses.

We have been three times..

June- The weather was hot, had lots of rain and it was crowded.

Jan.- Nice weather. But not really swimming weather. No crowds. I would go in Jan again.

Nov.- Nice weather. We still could swim. Some crowds on certain days. Next time it will be in Jan.

As far as FW goes.... It was quiet and a pure joy each time we were there.

On days that the parks aren't crowded, they usually close early. Like MK closes at 7pm and AK at 5pm. So it might present a touring problem during the slow months.

My favorite time will always be November-December. Us Floridians just like to go places where it's cold to us ;)

Plus Disney during the Holidays is just such a special place to me, it really puts you in the mood.

I'm wondering if later in October is less crowded then the 1st week. I really liked October, we did MNSSHP, and loved it. Traveling down in October is better for us too then the winter months, but I think it was one of the more crowded times we have gone, except for July, that was nuts.

My favorite time will always be November-December. Us Floridians just like to go places where it's cold to us ;)

Plus Disney during the Holidays is just such a special place to me, it really puts you in the mood.

I loved that time of year too. We went the first week in December, it was great. Oh, see how I am. I guess I should just move there. Then I could go whenever. :)

We like October, despite having come close to evacuation due to hurricanes.
The weather is usually summer like for us from PA, and crowds are usually lower with a few exceptions.

November is good, but sometimes cooler than I would like

January is neat because the crowds are down and if you go early enough, the Christmas decorations are still up.

February was too cool for me in Florida, and Presidents week is a nightmare.

May was actually a good time to go - and we were there over Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't too hot yet, no rain, it wasn't actually overly crowded, and it was my birthday so it was special for me.

I never have really had a bad time no matter when we went.

I'm wondering if later in October is less crowded then the 1st week. I really liked October, we did MNSSHP, and loved it. Traveling down in October is better for us too then the winter months, but I think it was one of the more crowded times we have gone, except for July, that was nuts.

Since the popularity of MNSSHP and Halloween overall has increased, the days of October being a "light" month to go are over. When we first started going in October, FW was almost a ghost town, with sometimes only 6 or 7 campers in a loop. Now, it is generally nearly at capacity. Later in October doesn't seem to make a difference, since we were there this past October from 17-27 October and it was probably the most crowded I have seen during this time.

Since the popularity of MNSSHP and Halloween overall has increased, the days of October being a "light" month to go are over. When we first started going in October, FW was almost a ghost town, with sometimes only 6 or 7 campers in a loop. Now, it is generally nearly at capacity. Later in October doesn't seem to make a difference, since we were there this past October from 17-27 October and it was probably the most crowded I have seen during this time.

Yep, October has lost it's luster as far as occupancy goes. FtWildernessGuy is right, it used to be if you went in October there was hardly anyone there (minus Halloween). It appears that the only really dead times left at Disney are mid January to late February. Although May isn't that bad either, I'll have to agree with that one, we went in late April early May this year and it was really nice (crowds and weather wise, we even had a cold front come through, the latest in the year I can ever remember).

We love December. It is so beautiful for Christmas. I don't know if I could go another time.
Might seem so plain. :confused3
We love the weather too! It is great.

Like OP have said, December is our favorite time to go now, primarily because of the Christmas festivities and the weather, but we go other times too.

We love January. We did it last year and are doing it again in two months. We also are planning Jan. '09 but are probably going to squeeze in an early December '08 trip next year as well.

I do wonder if the December trip will change my opinion about the best time to go.:)

Also, it's so cool to be leaving freezing cold for Florida. Last January, we left home and it was in the 40's. By the time we got to Jacksonville, the truck thermometer said 82 degrees outside. We ran our camper A/C the first four days we were there.

DW is a school teacher and DS is a sophmore in HS so the only times we've been to FW have been during school breaks. That means hot weather and/or crowds. I can't wait for DS to finish HS. Then I'll make DW get a regular job so we can visit FW during the "off peak" times.

We have been in :

June- crowded and hot

July- crazy crowded and extremely hot

September- crowds weren't as bad but HOT

April- Crowded but not overly so and the weather was beautiful....this is my pick of times to go.

I like Thanksgiving myself. We went 4th of July this year too for the first time and although we didn't go to the parks we weren't far from the pool. TG is somewhat busy and the weather is a grab bag. I would take warm and cold clothes lol. Last year I took all long sleeve shirts and had to buy short sleeves because it was so hot. The decorations are up in the resorts and the campsites are an afternoon to themselves to ride the cart around and look at. I like about an hour before dark so u can see the lights and the decorations before it's black out.

Last January, we left home and it was in the 40's. By the time we got to Jacksonville, the truck thermometer said 82 degrees outside. We ran our camper A/C the first four days we were there.

In PA if it's in the 40's in January, you have a picnic.

I think my truck thermometer may be broken - in October at FW it said it was 123 degrees out. It was hot, but not that hot. I fixed it, though. I put some duct tape over the readout on the dash.

We have kids in school so our options are somewhat limited nowadays.

We like Spring Break best currently when staying at FW. For us, this is generally the 2nd week in March (Peak time next year- ughh).

The weather is generally nice (if a bit on the cool side).

In the past, we have visited WDW in Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep & Nov. Of these May was probably my favorite time.

We have been pretty much all during the year, but we like the holidays the best. We are going to try the 4th of July parade in FW this year. Fun Fun! I agree with previous posters that October is no longer a slow month at FW. We couldn't even get a ressie this year for Oct.

I don't think there is a time where we had a bad time. If it was crowded at the parks, we found something else cool to do.

Good morning all!

DH and I were discussing our next trip to the fort, and when it would be. We stayed at the fort for the first time this Oct. I don't know why it took us that long! We loved it. So of course we can't wait to go again.

We have been to the World in March, December, July, and October. We have our own likes and dislikes about each time period. We were discussing what would be the best time for us to go for our next trip. I thought I would bring it up to you fabulous experts on the board. So here is my question to you all...

What do you feel is the absolute best time to go? Taking into consideration, crowds, weather, events, and how crowded the fort might be. I am curious to see your responses.

:surfweb:
Sounds like seabeeneeds a 3 month ressie.:lmao:
2/28- 3/5/2003 loved it:cool1:
10/30-11/6/2005 loved it some more:cool1: :cool1:
12/9-12/16/2006 loved it the best(so far):cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Lots of schools have fall breaks now in october so that is another reason it is more crowded now. September and January except for holidays are probably the only less crowded times now. To us September is too hot and not comfortable. We prefer January after the school break is over but before MLK holiday weekend as far as crowds at the parks. We stayed in the cabins, not camping, but love the Fort any time of year. We leave in 2 days for our Thanksgiving trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter