Young Step MOB Needs a Dress HELP!!!

soontobewed07

DIS Veteran
My step Mother is having trouble finding a dress that is appropriate I am getting married on a Saturday night and it kind of a formal affair. She is Under 40(lets not go there!:rotfl2: ) and has been a big part of my life since I was young. Please help me find something!!!

Well, obviously since it is a formal affair, I would suggest a long dress for starters. Secondly, the color would depend on what she looks best in, but you can't go wrong with classic colors such as navy, black, or taupe. I would say avoid the suit looking outfits if she doesn't want to look matronly. I found a couple nice dresses on brides.com such as one from david's bridal Style no. F21247, Jade by Jasmine Style no. J4788, and Style no. J8077 (I'm not sure who the designer is.) These dresses seem to be pretty pricey so I would suggest she hit your local department stores, I think my Mom will be looking at Nordstroms or Marshall Fields( Chicago.) Good luck, and let us know if she finds the perfect dress! :cool1:

my mom bought her dress at the same shop as i bought my wedding gown house of brides back in illinois. she looked so pretty in her navy long dress with lace on top. i would recommend wedding gown stores in your area & even department stores like jcpenney thats where my mil bought her dress. my moh bought her maternity dress online through amazon.com another site i like for every gowns is newport news catalog.

here's a photo of the 4 of us all dressed up:
61565ladies-thumb.jpg

soontobewed07 said:
My step Mother is having trouble finding a dress that is appropriate I am getting married on a Saturday night and it kind of a formal affair. She is Under 40(lets not go there!:rotfl2: ) and has been a big part of my life since I was young. Please help me find something!!!

J. Crew and Ann Taylor have new "bridal" lines, but they're also really pretty dresses, and they're not too "bridesmaid-ish." Ann Taylor has really gorgeous dresses for more formal affairs, that aren't in the bridal line. My mom (52) got a gorgeous velvet floor-length dress a few years back, and it was pretty reasonable. :) If they had one in my size, I would have bought one too.

Also,Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor really great dresses for all sorts of occasions.

HTH!!

I don't know if they have JCpenny stores outside of michigan, but they have actually some very pretty dresses (my grandmother and MIL got their dresses there so they are all shapes/sizes). Also, my mom got hers through my bridal boutique. I think it was a mary's bridal dress. They have some nice looks ;)

Alfred Angelo has seperates for both MOB and Maids she may be able to put something togeher that would work- from that I think they are attractive and would work for someone who is a bit younger-

allisonswonderland said:
Alfred Angelo has seperates for both MOB and Maids she may be able to put something togeher that would work- from that I think they are attractive and would work for someone who is a bit younger-

Alfred Angelo is GREAT! I just ordered my wedding dress from them! Take a look...I actually ordered a bridesmaid dress in ivory...this is my 2nd time around so I didn't want to be as formal...I am 35, by the way, so your Step MOB is in the same ballpark...maybe the same taste...

Good Luck!

soontobewed07 said:
she found a dress!!! Nordstroms:Pinkbounc

That store is great! I got a few dresses from there for other occasions. :)

Glad she found something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter