Young Honeymoon at WDW

A great romantic thing to do that isn't that expensive is a carriage ride at POR. The resort is very romantic, especially at night and I think it's only $30. Have fun and congratulations!

I'm sorry POR is Port Orleans Riverside so if you're staying there already that's great! Also if you're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside be sure to take the boat to Downtown Disney. It' free, romantic and especially beautiful around sunset.

Aaron - I hope you guys have a ton of fun! That was great of your dad to do that for you. I agree, the little things do mean alot. When we are in Disney, we really enjoy just being together. We like to take walks at night around the resorts... order room service and enjoy our time together. The carriage ride is great also, dont remember the price. Port Orleans is a very nice resort, I am sure you guys will enjoy it.

Good Luck!
Jamie

Make sure you get the Minnie and Mickey bride and groom hats! They'll create lots of magical moments for you and many other guests will wish you congratulations which is really fun! On our honeymoon, our favorite thing to do was to spend time by the pool relaxing after all the hectic wedding stuff. We also really enjoyed our dinner at the California Grill and Jiko. Have fun on your honeymoon and congratulations!

One of the most romantic things I thought we did last year cost very little....he found out when the wishes show would be (it is not every night in off season) then we took the monorail over to the polynesian resort grabbed 2 pina coladas(any drink or none will work lol) grabbed a hammock on the beach and watched the fireworks over the lagoon!

When you check in be sure to tell them its your honeymoon. And make sure you get bride and groom ears! Just having everyone you pass wish you luck and congratulations makes it magical! And sometimes, you get some nice perks too!

Hey, congratulations!!!!
I grew up in SoCal as well, and knew Disneyland like the back of my hand. Have one word of warning for you: WDW is a whole different ball game. Since you are in planning mode, beg, borrow or steal a copy of this important book: The Unofficial Guide to WDW. (give overstock.com a shot--great prices!). Have a great time!

Hey, congratulations!!!!
I grew up in SoCal as well, and knew Disneyland like the back of my hand. Have one word of warning for you: WDW is a whole different ball game. Since you are in planning mode, beg, borrow or steal a copy of this important book: The Unofficial Guide to WDW. (give overstock.com a shot--great prices!). Using the planning guides and not waiting in lines is very romantic! Have a great time....

Aaron, don’t worry you’ll have a fantastic time with our without a huge honeymoon budget. Some of the best moments at Disney World are free.

I agree with the others about getting bride and groom ears, but be warned that they do draw attention. We wore them sometimes, but some of the time we wanted a little less attention, LOL!

Port Orleans French Quarter looks like a very romantic resort. A romantic stroll between that resort and the Port Orleans Riverside resort in the evening would be very romantic. Also, there is a boat that goes from your resort to Downtown Disney, so that would be nice as well (but not private—anyone can ride it). As far as upgrades go, the only thing you might get would be a king bed room, but wedding ears don’t guarantee any upgrades. Disney actually has lots of honeymooners all the time, so they can’t upgrade everybody.

Yes, you can certainly visit the Polynesian and hang out in a hammock while watching the fireworks. We enjoy visiting the different Disney resorts just to see what they are like. Plus, they each have some unique stuff in the gift shops to check out.

Also, be sure to ask to ride up front in the monorail (where the driver sits) once during your trip. It’s got a great view, and it’s a really neat experience. You might have to wait a little while for a chance to get in the monorail when it’s empty, but it’s fun.

Be sure to visit the BoardWalk resort. It has a lot of personality, and lots of fun activities. You can rent a two seater surrey bike and ride it around the BoardWalk (we love doing that, especially at night). They also have carnival games and strolling entertainment on the BoardWalk.

Aaron

The one thing to remember is not to get in that mode of gotta do this or gotta do that. Just go with the flow.
One of our favorite things about our hunnymoon was that we did not have a timeline or anything like that.
Also the ears are the ticket we bought ours in MK on main street they are about 12.00 a piece and really make for some memories.
Don't be afraid to ask folks to take pics of you two with your camera most people are glad to do it..

Have fun
Shawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter