You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

Alright, now it's dinnertime!

I already explained our awesome Lyft ride :sad2: so with that out of the way we were free to enjoy our final Disney night with some fabulous Disney friends, Kari, Jason, and Casey Stone a.k.a the @kastoney family at Citricos. They had patiently waited for us doing this :drinking1while Steve did this :confused3 and I did this :furious: in our Lyft car but all was good now and I was finally able to drink too! I got a glass of Moscato:

IMG_7659.JPG

Hi Jason! I can't remember what Steve had because I was too cool to take notes in front of my friends, but I'm going to say it was either a Moscow Mule or Grey Goose on the rocks. I also had a hard time not eating ALL of the delicious bread they serve here:

IMG_7658.JPG

Mmm, that's kalamata olive bread with sea salt butter! I managed to only eat one (maybe two?) pieces instead of my usual 4. I was having a great time being entertained by Casey; having 4 boys and all nephews with the exception of a couple nieces who moved away years ago, I don't get to spend time with young girls often and I'm very girly so it's a shame. I'm a super cool boy mom and I would have been the BEST girl mom! Anyway we were chatting about adult stuff with some Casey stuff thrown in when our apps came. I went with an old favorite, the Seasonal Flatbread:
Fennel Sausage, Peperonata, Aged Provolone and Smoked Mozzarella, Soppressata

IMG_7660.JPG

This was delicious as always and I shared with my cute young lady friend. The sausage has lots of flavor and just a wee bit of a kick. The dough is crunchy and crispy on the edges but soft-not too soft and doughy though-towards the middle.

Steve got the Key West Shrimp:
Trofié Pasta, Puttanesca Sauce, Baby Spinach, Parmesan

IMG_7661.JPG

And while he did miss his octopus app he's gotten here before he was very happy with this, too. I will point out that what we were NOT happy with is that we weren't able to sit in our most favorite server Rony's section. He was there, we saw him and he gave us hello hugs :hug: but his section was full. And Steve and I noticed a big difference in service not having him. No constant checks, stuff took just a bit longer to come, and nobody scraped our crumbs off the table with the little comb thing. Goes to show our server can seriously make a difference!

On to dinner: again I got my usual, the filet. This time Steve got it, also - Oak-grilled Beef Filet: Potato Puree, Asparagus, Cipollini Jam, Bordelaise

IMG_7666.JPG

This thing is always like butter and so are the potatoes. I've had a very hard time finding a filet as good as this around property. We've eaten at Yachtsman once, but it was back in 2015 before we'd ever eaten here and I honestly cannot remember if the filet I had there was better. Narcoossee's filet is deliciousness but it doesn't beat this. I gave my carrots to Casey because #noveggiesforme.

I don't know if this happened during or after dinner, but for those of you not familiar with Citricos you can indeed see HEA from there:

IMG_7669.JPG

IMG_7672.JPG

It's not the CG view or even the Narcoossee's deck view, and depending where your table is you may not be able to see, but it's still a treat!
I believe only Jason and I got dessert because we're the only normal ones. I got my "accidental" dessert from last time which is now one of my favorites, the Florida Key Lime Pie: Baked in a Graham Cracker Tart Shell served with fresh Strawberries and a Quenelle of Sweet Mandarin Sorbet

IMG_7674.JPG

If you didn't read my last dining report, I had ordered a different dessert but Rony brought me the key lime pie instead because I believe he thought he heard me order it. No worries and we still love him, it worked out fantastically because although I'd never had key lime anything prior to that, I ended up devouring the entire thing. It was heaven then and heaven again tonight! Not only is the pie itself delicious, but as weird as it sounds the little things like the strawberries and the "quenelle" of sorbet really make it.

We eventually finished up our night because someone needed to get back to bed, but not before checking out the gingerbread house that was going up:

IMG_7676.JPG

It just happened to work out that we went down while Kari was there and I'm so happy it did! Hopefully our paths cross down there again soon or even in her home state (or near it like earlier this year :)) Our Lyft ride home was quick and direct to the correct resort where we finished packing up and went to bed. The next morning we had a fairly early ME, luckily still during the 3 hour prior to our flight days. We did have time for breakfast at the Pepper Market though. Steve just got a bagel and I got a breakfast platter:

IMG_7677.JPG

This normally comes with sausage but I prefer bacon so got extra. Everything was good! Keep in mind I'm a fan of Disney eggs lol. The potatoes had a nice little bit of herb flavoring to them.

That's it! As I said in my TR Nov. side-track, thank you for letting me divert this report, too! I'll be back with August soon; I think I still have 3 days to do!

This thing is always like butter and so are the potatoes. I've had a very hard time finding a filet as good as this around property. We've eaten at Yachtsman once, but it was back in 2015 before we'd ever eaten here and I honestly cannot remember if the filet I had there was better.

Shulas has a delicious filet!

Narcoossee's filet is deliciousness but it doesn't beat this. I gave my carrots to Casey because #noveggiesforme.

That would be Josh's too :rotfl:

I also had a hard time not eating ALL of the delicious bread
Oooh, that's an ongoing "problem" of mine, too! :laughing: :thumbsup2

I believe only Jason and I got dessert because we're the only normal ones.
Clearly! :rotfl:

We eventually finished up our night because someone needed to get back to bed
Must have been Kari? ;) :laughing:

Sounds like a lovely meal with lovely Dis pals, what more could you ask for?! Oh yeah... more days at Disney... ;)

img_7659-jpg.287444

Hi Jason! I can't remember what Steve had because I was too cool to take notes in front of my friends, but I'm going to say it was either a Moscow Mule or Grey Goose on the rocks.
:wave2: Jason says hi back :-)

If I remember right I'm pretty sure it was a goose on the rocks as they men folk were having manly drinks :drinking1

No constant checks, stuff took just a bit longer to come, and nobody scraped our crumbs off the table with the little comb thing. Goes to show our server can seriously make a difference!
Our server was definitely not great. But good news is his inattentiveness made for a longer dinner with you all :-)

I gave my carrots to Casey because #noveggiesforme.
Gotta love it when a 6 year old will eat what you won't. Welcome to my world and mushrooms :P

I don't know if this happened during or after dinner, but for those of you not familiar with Citricos you can indeed see HEA from there:

img_7669-jpg.287450
I think it was after apps and before dinner, but I can't for the life of me remember. Can you believe this was as close to HEA as we ever got?

img_7676-jpg.287460

It just happened to work out that we went down while Kari was there and I'm so happy it did! Hopefully our paths cross down there again soon or even in her home state (or near it like earlier this year :))
Me too!!!!!!!!

I was having a great time being entertained by Casey; having 4 boys and all nephews with the exception of a couple nieces who moved away years ago, I don't get to spend time with young girls often and I'm very girly so it's a shame. I'm a super cool boy mom and I would have been the BEST girl mom!
I hope you get lots of granddaughters to spoil. It's only fair, after all. :)

I will point out that what we were NOT happy with is that we weren't able to sit in our most favorite server Rony's section. He was there, we saw him and he gave us hello hugs :hug: but his section was full. And Steve and I noticed a big difference in service not having him. No constant checks, stuff took just a bit longer to come, and nobody scraped our crumbs off the table with the little comb thing. Goes to show our server can seriously make a difference!
We ate at Citrico's when we were there the last week of November. Our server was Giovani and he was a lot better than our last server.

Oak-grilled Beef Filet: Potato Puree, Asparagus, Cipollini Jam, Bordelaise
Both of us ordered this and it was delicious. I had the tomato appetizer and devoured every bit of it. I think that will be my go-to from now on. :)

I believe only Jason and I got dessert because we're the only normal ones. I got my "accidental" dessert from last time which is now one of my favorites, the Florida Key Lime Pie: Baked in a Graham Cracker Tart Shell served with fresh Strawberries and a Quenelle of Sweet Mandarin Sorbet
This dessert looks delicious and I wish we had ordered this. I let Dana order whatever dessert he wanted and we ended up with that crazy dessert with a chocolate crown-thing. It was too much chocolate for me, but I enjoyed nibbling on the crown. This was the one time when I wished we had the almond crusted cheesecake that they serve at Narcoossees. ::yes::

the Florida Key Lime Pie: Baked in a Graham Cracker Tart Shell served with fresh Strawberries and a Quenelle of Sweet Mandarin Sorbet

OMG!!!! We had this too, and I have to say it's now one of my fav desserts on WDW property!!! Joe and I split it, but next time I'm getting it all for myself...

Love Citricos and you’re so right about Rony. We had him our first time dining there in March and when we returned later in our trip we had a different server. It was like night and day :sad2:
Their filet is so tender and while we really enjoyed Yatchmans filet I have to give the edge to Citricos.
I got the key lime too for dessert so good.

:thanks: I hope you had an awesome trip! Did you start your report yet? When you do I'll be sure to join in!
The trip was awesome, love Disney at Christmas with all the holiday decor...hoping to get started later this week! Caught up in the Christmas craziness.

They had patiently waited for us doing this :drinking1while Steve did this :confused3 and I did this :furious: in our Lyft car

:rotfl2:

I was having a great time being entertained by Casey; having 4 boys and all nephews with the exception of a couple nieces who moved away years ago, I don't get to spend time with young girls often and I'm very girly so it's a shame. I'm a super cool boy mom and I would have been the BEST girl mom!

Girls are so much fun!! My mom had a ball with me! (I may be biased on this... :P) But your boys are pretty great, too, I suppose.

This was delicious as always and I shared with my cute young lady friend.

Casey's got the most amazing palate for her age! I was a super picky kid. I wish I'd been more like her.

I will point out that what we were NOT happy with is that we weren't able to sit in our most favorite server Rony's section. He was there, we saw him and he gave us hello hugs :hug: but his section was full.

Oh no! That's too bad! Word must be getting out about Rony! You need to stop advertising him so heavily on the Dis! :laughing:

I gave my carrots to Casey because #noveggiesforme.

:laughing: Laughing that you were out-veggied by Casey!

Trying to get caught up around here! Those food court fries looked amazing!! Also, how great that you got some time with Kari and family. I love key lime foods so that would be just perfect!! Sorry about the Lyft...ugh...

Sounds like a lovely meal with lovely Dis pals, what more could you ask for?! Oh yeah... more days at Disney... ;)
How about.........more days at Disney WITH lovely Dis pals :D

If I remember right I'm pretty sure it was a goose on the rocks as they men folk were having manly drinks :drinking1
I'm sure you're right; the pretty drinks are reserved for when the men are only with the womenfolk ;)

I hope you get lots of granddaughters to spoil. It's only fair, after all. :)
I keep telling my stepsons (26 and 29) that they're going to have all girls! At least I hope so :earsgirl:

This dessert looks delicious and I wish we had ordered this. I let Dana order whatever dessert he wanted and we ended up with that crazy dessert with a chocolate crown-thing. It was too much chocolate for me, but I enjoyed nibbling on the crown
I got the chocolate banana torte on our first visit to Citricos. I did like it but yes, it's VERY rich. I much prefer the key lime cheesecake!

OMG!!!! We had this too, and I have to say it's now one of my fav desserts on WDW property!!! Joe and I split it, but next time I'm getting it all for myself...
Um, I do NOT share dessert lol!

Love Citricos and you’re so right about Rony. We had him our first time dining there in March and when we returned later in our trip we had a different server. It was like night and day :sad2:
OMG I don't think I knew you had Rony, how awesome!! But yes I agree, Rony makes a big difference in the Citricos experience :)

Girls are so much fun!! My mom had a ball with me! (I may be biased on this... :P) But your boys are pretty great, too, I suppose.
Yeah, I guess they're ok lol. I never imagined myself having boys - I always just assumed I'd have all girls! But boys are awesome too :thumbsup2 However I most certainly will not turn up my nose at little girls running around my house in Princess dresses I buy for them!

Casey's got the most amazing palate for her age! I was a super picky kid. I wish I'd been more like her.
I was the same way as you and even now, Casey's palate is more advanced than mine!

Oh no! That's too bad! Word must be getting out about Rony! You need to stop advertising him so heavily on the Dis! :laughing:
:laughing:

Finally caught back up. You put me to shame!
I admit you're absent quite a bit, but I've been REALLY bad about keeping up around here lately too :blush:

I so love your reports!!
Right back at ya :hug:

Those food court fries looked amazing!!
Honestly they were close to, if not the best, fries I've had down there surprisingly. Totally unexpected!

Hello, and welcome to my August dining report!
Oh wait, I said that back IN August :laughing: But now that I've reported on our Nov. trip I'm ready to get back to the summer and continue on with our family vacation!
When I interrupted my original report I had finished up our Pirates and Pals evening, when we returned to the Lodge for some late night Geyser Point drinks and Roaring Fork snacks. The next day was Thursday, which meant we still had 3 whole days left!

The plan was some MK time before going to AK, but neither kid was up for that. Ricky wasn't feeling great and wanted to rest so he'd feel better for AK since we had FOP FP's. Hearing that his brother was sleeping in made Chris want nothing less than to do the same. Therefore, Steve and I were on our own in the Kingdom, but not before stopping by the CL lounge for some quick breakfast stuffs:

IMG_6994.JPG

IMG_6995.JPG

Believe it or not, mine is the plate with the fruit on it - to balance out the chocolate chip muffins of perfection that I think I ate a tray of over the course of the trip. The multi-grain croissants were very good; this wasn't the only day we had them and they were always soft and fresh. Steve said the cinnamon roll was nothing like Gaston's and I was like, no sh*%! On our way out I snapped a picture of the club offerings for later:

IMG_6996.JPG

We didn't get to MK until after 11 and it was nice to take our time. It was also quite crowded and our FP's were for AK so we watched the trolley show, rode Under the Sea, did some shopping and basically people watched. By 1: 30 we were back at the resort getting the kids, getting something quick for them to eat at RF, and getting on a bus to AK! The bus ride there was probably my favorite bus ride in awhile, because we had the pleasure of meeting Kathy @KathyM2 and her daughter Alexis when Kathy recognized me :cool2: And luckily it wouldn't be the only time we got to see each other on the trip!

IMG_7018.JPG

They were on their way back to the Contemporary from AK and WL/CR usually share an AK bus, so we chatted until we got to their resort and then continued on to the park. We weren't there long before Steve and I needed a snack; what better snack to get than

SWEET, SWEET NUTS

IMG_7019.JPG
need I say anything else?

We got to the park about 2:50 and our FOP FP started at 3, so we went right to Pandora. Steve and I had been on FOP during the AP previews in May but it was the first time for the boys and the both loved it, especially Ricky who wanted to go back on until he saw the 2+ hour line. I did attempt to score more FP's for the remainder of our stay but it didn't work, so that's my main goal for our March trip!
When we got out of FOP we visited Pongu Pongu for these:

IMG_7020.JPG

The Mo'ara Margarita which I'd had 2 or 3 times before:

• Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo tequila with strawberry and blood orange flavor topped with strawberry boba balls
Steve got the
Hawkes' Grog Ale - Green in color with a fruity hop character including apricot and peach with a hint of wheat on the finish. This was his first time getting in and while he liked it, it's not something he's dying to have again.
We did a couple more attractions like ITTBAB and FOTLK, and then it was time for our dinner reservation! We were eating at Tusker House for the first time in ages. A small part of me booked this because I love the characters in their safari gear, but I booked it mostly because all of our past experiences here have been really good. So get ready for lots of food and character pics!
We had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated which seems to be the norm with TH, but we were able to sit right outside so not a big deal. I also have no pictures of us with Donald and for the life of me I can't remember why........but as soon as we were seated Mickey came over! Now he's not my favorite character but since we don't do many meets anymore, I do get excited when I meet him:

IMG_7045.JPG

Which is why my chins and I look like morons here. Ricky looks good (both kids were really good sports here) and Steve and Chris's pic is better:

IMG_7047.JPG

It must have been the end of the rotation, because then we had some time to eat before more characters came. Some of our first plates:

IMG_7048.JPG
This was mine! Broccoli and cheese soup, veggie samosa, corn dog nuggets to satisfy the classiness in me, a rice I no longer remember the name of and some type of African chicken I no longer remember the name of. This folks is the danger of not taking good notes and trying to report on your buffet meal over 4 months after it occurred! I do know the soup was delicious as were the corn dogs and rice, and that I didn't care for the chicken thing. This was my 2nd time trying a veggie samosa and as with the first time, I didn't really like it. I don't think it was bad I just don't think it's my thing.

Next plate:

IMG_7049.JPG
This is Steve's and I know it doesn't look that attractive; here's what I remember going counter-clockwise: Mealie Pap (that which looks like mashed potatoes), salmon, jalapeno cornbread, roasted pork loin, the same rice I had, something unknown to me. He LOVED the salmon and pork and kind of liked the mealie pap. He wasn't that fond of the cornbread and I remember wondering how I missed it because I do love jalapeno cornbread. He liked the rice as did I.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST, HOPEFULLY RIGHT AWAY.............

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

Here's Chris's plate:

IMG_7051.JPG

White rice, mac n cheese, a chicken drumstick, melon and a pickle. Pretty generic but hey, he's eating! I know he didn't like the drumstick but he doesn't usually eat them and he also thought the mac n cheese was fantastic.

Ricky's plate; he was feeling better but his stomach still wasn't quite right:

IMG_7057.JPG

Similar to Chris with the seasoned steak fries added. Ricky is a mac n cheese connesieur and he felt TH really hit it out of the park with this particular recipe. He ate more of the chicken than Chris, also.

As we were eating our first plates, Daisy came around!

IMG_7054.JPG

IMG_7056.JPG

As soon as Ricky stood up to meet her, she started jumping up and down and then gave him a hug. Again, such a good sport! I will say as reported here often, the character interaction was really, really good.

When I went up for another plate I did take some pictures of the buffet, so in no particular order and with the food descriptions not necessarily matching the food pictures, here you go!

IMG_7058.JPG

Pigeon peas and rice, pretty certain that's what Steve and I had! If it is it was delicious!

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

I know the shrimp were spicy some how but Steve tried them, although I seem to be missing many plate pictures. He thought they were ok.

IMG_7064.JPG

I don't know what's in this picture!!!!!

IMG_7065.JPG

OK this is probably what's in the above picture, except for whatever is in between the collard greens and couscous? Not sure what that is?
Wow this was an easy update!

TH DINNER PART 3 CONTINUED...................

More buffet pictures:
IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7068.JPG

IMG_7069.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

That last picture is of some of the cold salads. Overall we didn't think the food was bad, but we didn't think it was as good as the last time we ate there which admittedly was 2 or 3 years ago. I don't know when we'll go back but I don't hesitate sending clients there because the food is still good and the character interaction great!

Finally Goofy made his way over:

IMG_7075.JPG

IMG_7080.JPG

IMG_7081.JPG

And as much fun as it was meeting them all, we were now free to eat dessert with no interruptions lol.

IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7087.JPG

CONTINUED IN ONE FINAL POST I PROMISE!

Attachments

• IMG_7090.JPG
    IMG_7090.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 3
IMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

I seem to be missing the chocolate cheesecake and strawberry cake.....
IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7091.JPG

Steve was too full for dessert and Ricky's stomach was acting up again, but Chris and I were willing to give it a try :D

IMG_7086.JPG

This isn't full enough for my plate so must be Chris's: the Strawberry cake with white chocolate and the chocolate cheesecake. Chris thought the cheesecake had too much chocolate (WHAT) but liked the strawberry cake.

IMG_7093.JPG

My plate: strawberry cake with white chocolate, pecan chocolate tart, and mini turtle brownie. I LOVED the strawberry cake and therefore, had another. But I'm partial to Betty Crocker strawberry cake mix anyway so that wasn't surprising. Actually all 3 desserts were delicious and it was hard to decide between a 2nd strawberry cake or a 2nd pecan tart, but I was too full for both believe it or not. So dessert was a hit! Again, I wouldn't tell anyone not to go here because the food was fine, just not as out of this world as we thought it was a few years ago. But overall a nice dinner with 2 kids who indulged mom by meeting characters and having fun doing it.

We finished our night with a Dinosaur FP and an evening safari before going back to the lodge. Tomorrow we were doing our 2nd morning EMH of the trip and getting the boys breakfast somewhere new to them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!