You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

He loved it :rotfl2:Then we got some of those fabulous sugary sweet nuts which I don't have a picture of and I got a Shofferhofer to go with them:

img_6749-jpg.275361
I had no idea they had Schofferhoff in MGM!!! Where did you get it??? Have you read about the Pomegranate one they have at F&W? I can't wait to try it.

img_6773-jpg.275366

The green was a heavy, heavy pesto and the red was marinara; the yellow was a honey-butter. Chris liked the calamari and peppers but not the sauces while Steve liked them except the pesto. It looked weird and he said tasted too "off". They both said the calamari was indeed crispy as advertised :D
Wow, this looks pretty dang good. I love the idea of having the 3 different sauces vice just the one, though honey butter and calamari sounds like a very strange concoction to me.

img_6777-jpg.275369

It looks good and Penne alla Vodka is usually what I order in Italian restaurants. And we go to Italian restaurants often. Unfortunately I didn't like this very much. The sauce was very tomato-tasting and I don't like that. I couldn't taste very much pancetta or onions and I was looking forward to both. Steve tried it and liked it so I guess it was just me!
Sorry this was a bust. You can definitely tell from the picture that it is too red and not the typical pink that a vodka sauce should be.

While Ricky and Steve were happy with their food and Chris was ok with it, I was a bit disappointed and liked my meal in May better. I'd go again if we're there as a family and someone requests it and I don't think it's as bad as some of the reviews lead you to believe, but it is most definitely not on a level with Via Napoli or even Tutto Italia and NOWHERE NEAR Il Mulino.
And don't forget my house :-) Spending the day today making sauce from all the tomatoes we grew in our garden. I"ll b sure to send some your way.

We sat out there for TWENTY MINUTES waiting for our food and neither of us were thrilled, but eventually it came. Steve got the Bananas Foster French Toast, served with bacon:
While the french toast looks good, 20 minutes is a crazy wait time for a QS.

Nothing on the new lunch/dinner menu was standing out for me but I'd read some halfway decent reviews of the Gourmet Grilled Cheese: White Cheddar, Arugula, Tomato and Onion Jam on Multi-Grain bread:
See this sounds good but really looks like toast with cheese and lettuce. I think it could have potential as a panini.

Steve and Ricky both got the Grilled Chicken on Roasted Garlic Focaccia: Roasted Peppers, fresh Mozzarella, and Oven-dried Tomato Pesto:
This looks better!

Ricky was beginning to not feel well and got an app for his dinner, the Mama's Caesar Salad: crisp Romaine Lettuce, creamy Parmesan Dressing, and Herb Croutons:
Sorry to hear Ricky was not 100%. His salad looks fresh and yummy though.

Chris got the kids Cheese Pizza:
This looks like a good size for a kids pizza and would be something my guys would go for. Can you get toppings on it as well? Jamie and Stuart are branching out with their pizza choices these days but Jack is still a basic cheese guy.

PSA, you all need to go to Il Mulino, no excuses.
Definitely on the list for our 20th anniversary trip in 2019 thanks to your rave reviews. :)

I went to Mama's for the first time in Sept. and was pleasantly surprised . I had the Fantasmic package. For my app I got the caprese salad ( though I don't see it on the menu on here - I am pretty sure that is what I ate) , for entree seafood arrabbiata, and the dessert sampler. I enjoyed all three courses. We usually go to Sci Fi with an occasional 50s prime time thrown in but glad i gave it a try . I would go back again .

I agree with you on not liking the penne alla vodka all that much there. It's a dish I normally love and I just wasn't feeling it when I went there. I went for the fantasmic package, which I felt was a good deal. I must be craving salad right now because that Cesar salad looks great I would definitely order that

We’ve always enjoyed MM Kathy loves the Calamari and I enjoy their filet. Looking forward to seeing more of lounge at WL.

It sure looks like you gave Roaring Forks many tries and it just didn't live up to your expectations!

Andi and I really enjoyed the calamari at MM, I am sorry your pasta wasn't to your liking!

This picture cracks me up! Ricky does enjoy these rides, right? Because his ToT and this RnRc ride pictures say otherwise! :laughing: And OMG poor Chris! Meanwhile, Steve looks like he's having a blast and you look like you belong on the cover of an Aerosmith album!

And we stood in the melt-your-skin-off sun to watch the March of the First Order. We had a little skin left when it was over so we used our TSMM FP and then it was time for our early dinner at Mama Melrose!
:rotfl:

See Steve's modeling hands?
Yes, I did :laughing: The Dis thanks Steve for indulging our needs :laughing:

The boys separated from me and got something else which for the life of me I can't remember because as usual, I was most concerned with myself and my own stomach.
:rotfl2: It's a good thing I typically travel solo, because I would do the same, no doubt!

We didn't go to Il Mulino :sad: but I'm already working on more points to stay at the Dolphin again, just gotta decide if they'll be for our January trip, or if we save them to go for our anniversary and slum it at Pop in January :rotfl:

Sorry your penne was disappointing...I am a frequent taker on that dish too so that is too bad. The rolls looked awesome with that oil. I'm such a carb fiend. The cesar salad looked pretty good too.

Just catching up, so sorry to hear about Ricky’s injury and I hope his surgery goes well.

I have seen so many negative comments and reviews about Roaring Fork since the renovation. It’s too bad, that used to be one of the better QS locations in my opinion.

The kid’s pizza at MM looks HUGE! Note to self to not order that for Asher if we go anytime soon, he could only eat one piece.

Oh my gosh, the horror! The madness! Cornmeal on pizza crust!! Haha poor Chris. Life is hard sometimes.
I know, how DARE they! He's like a little inspector when his food comes and normally he's so good about trying new things. Unfortunately cornmeal is just one of those things he does NOT like on pizza :rolleyes: I don't worry about him starving though lol

We've eaten at MM on probably every trip. I think we've only had one bad experience there and that was because out waitress was awful. Otherwise, we have always liked our meals. I'm bummed that you didn't like your Penne Alla Vodka, since that's what I usually get and always have enjoyed it. Maybe they were having an off day.
That could be. And it wasn't a bad meal by any means, I just preferred my entree from our trip earlier in the year. I get penne alla vodka quite often up here and it's usually a little different so it wasn't my fave. I'd go back again if the kids requested it, but just not soon if it's only Steve and I :)

Someday I'll get to that Il Mulino
You should! If you like MM you will LOVE Il Mulino!

That looks pretty good but I would have def needed more sauce!
Normally I would too and so would Steve, but he was surprisingly fine! I think because according to him the chicken was so tasty.

I had no idea they had Schofferhoff in MGM!!! Where did you get it???
It was at a little cart set up outside HBD :thumbsup2 AND, then on another day when we came out of, I believe GMR, it was at a cart over there where they were selling pretzels and churros :banana:

Have you read about the Pomegranate one they have at F&W? I can't wait to try it.
I most certainly have and I will most certainly be trying it with you :drinking1

Sorry this was a bust. You can definitely tell from the picture that it is too red and not the typical pink that a vodka sauce should be.
Exactly. It wasn't horrible, not even BAD, but I didn't really enjoy it so to speak. MM is nowhere near Il Mulino or IMO the Italian restaurants in Epcot, but it's not a bad option in HS if you don't like Sci-Fi, 50's, or HBD. Not that we don't like any of them but none spoke to us for that day :hyper2:

And don't forget my house :-) Spending the day today making sauce from all the tomatoes we grew in our garden. I"ll b sure to send some your way.
Hasn't arrived yet, I'm waiting!

See this sounds good but really looks like toast with cheese and lettuce. I think it could have potential as a panini.
Ah yes, it might work as a panini. I still think it would need something to spruce up the taste because it seriously was cheese and lettuce and like, NO toasting lol.

This looks like a good size for a kids pizza and would be something my guys would go for. Can you get toppings on it as well?
It was definitely bigger than your typical Disney kids meal pizza! I'm not sure about toppings, Chris just waned plain cheese and I can't remember if adding toppings was an option.

Definitely on the list for our 20th anniversary trip in 2019 thanks to your rave reviews. :)
Awesome!!

I went to Mama's for the first time in Sept. and was pleasantly surprised . I had the Fantasmic package. For my app I got the caprese salad ( though I don't see it on the menu on here - I am pretty sure that is what I ate)
Yup, you most likely did have a caprese salad because Steve and I got that back in May :) and it was really good!

Looking forward to seeing more of lounge at WL.
Honestly, we didn't end up eating there as much as I though we would, but we did eat there more and so more is coming up!

It sure looks like you gave Roaring Forks many tries and it just didn't live up to your expectations!
We did, and unfortunately it didn't (except for desserts). It stinks since we liked it so much on our first stay there last year. I'm glad Geyser Point is another option now as well as Territory Lounge later in the evening, even though it's not quick service.

This picture cracks me up! Ricky does enjoy these rides, right? Because his ToT and this RnRc ride pictures say otherwise! :laughing:
lmao he definitely does! This just ends up being his face in ALL ride photos for some reason! I even tell him sometimes before we get on to watch his facial expression when we go by the camera, but it doesn't work :rotfl2:

you look like you belong on the cover of an Aerosmith album!
Can you let Steven Tyler know that? Because Aerosmith has been one of my favorite bands since Jr. High and I would LOVE to be on the cover of an album! Wait, do they still make those? Or maybe in a video! Wait.............

We didn't go to Il Mulino :sad:
Oh no!

just gotta decide if they'll be for our January trip, or if we save them to go for our anniversary and slum it at Pop in January :rotfl:
LOL, we're "slumming it" there in March as of right now, until I make our first resort change.

The rolls looked awesome with that oil. I'm such a carb fiend. The cesar salad looked pretty good too.
Carbs are my best friend :hug:

Just catching up, so sorry to hear about Ricky’s injury and I hope his surgery goes well.
:thanks: I sincerely appreciate that. It's been rough, right now we're just anxious for the surgery to be over so he can start rehab and we can put it all behind us.

I have seen so many negative comments and reviews about Roaring Fork since the renovation. It’s too bad, that used to be one of the better QS locations in my opinion.
It's definitely a shame, we loved eating there on our first WL stay last year. RF was closed during our second stay earlier this year and we were excited to try the "new" RF. I'm hoping they make some menu changes soon.

I'm surprised Ricky didn't get the Mussels, I loved them there.
I kind of was too, in fact one of my reasons for eating there was thinking he'd eat the mussels. I think he just needed a break though since he got them the previous two nights at Cape May and Narcoossee's.

lmao he definitely does! This just ends up being his face in ALL ride photos for some reason! I even tell him sometimes before we get on to watch his facial expression when we go by the camera, but it doesn't work :rotfl2:
:rotfl: I think his ride photos even beat my "just chilling here on Space Mountain, nbd" one! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Can you let Steven Tyler know that? Because Aerosmith has been one of my favorite bands since Jr. High and I would LOVE to be on the cover of an album! Wait, do they still make those? Or maybe in a video! Wait.............
Yes! I'll get in touch with him immediately! :thumbsup2

Hey guys! I can't believe it's been 10 days since I've updated here! Every time I say I'm going to move quicker on my reports I seem to move slower.......We have a busy weekend coming up too, my oldest stepson Jay is getting married Saturday and Chris turns 12 on Sunday!

DUCK, DUCK, GREY GOOSE!
We were up early on our 4th full park day to do RD at Epcot; this was really our first Epcot day since so far we'd only done a walk-through on our way to Cape May plus a ride on Soarin'. We went to the lounge to grab something quick since I wanted to make that RD and we all found something to eat except Chris who wasn't feelin' it. We were actually doing good on time so we sat to eat rather than eating and running, but for whatever reason I only have a picture of my plate. Sorry!

Multi-grain croissant and totally yummy mini-chocolate chip muffin:
IMG_6837.JPG

I ate so many of those chocolate chip muffins while we were there, they were so delicious and chocolate-y! I also only took one picture of the lounge breakfast offerings today but they never changed, so you can refer back to one of my earlier posts here for more pics if you feel the need lol:

IMG_6838.JPG

I wanted to try that cranberry mayo because I love it on sandwiches, but I wasn't in the mood for turkey and mayo in the morning. On our way out I took note of the sign showing us what we'd be eating that evening during wine and cheese hour(s):

IMG_6836.JPG

OK wine and cheese Wednesday, we'll be back!
We did manage to make it to Epcot right as they were letting everyone in, so we got a bonus ride on TT before our later FP. After that we went to the Pixar Film Festival which the kids hadn't seen before and Steve and I hadn't seen since they changed 2 of the films. When we got out of there Chris was hungry since he had declined breakfast earlier and I was thirsty, so we went in search of sustenance for Chris and something I'd heard existed in the Future:

IMG_6845.JPG

Behold the Grey Goose Strawberry Slush, and we didn't have to go to WS to get it!!!! I read about this on Renee @ArielSRL 's TR: she got hers at Cool Wash closer to TT and I got this very close to the Pixar film festival but I can't remember exactly where. The important thing is it was THERE, and it was DELICIOUS. It didn't matter that it was barely after 10am, the alcohol was very prevalent and Steve and I were glad for that. We were SO glad for it we got another one a little later! We walked away with our frozen adult beverage of happiness while Chris munched on this

IMG_6846.JPG

which was typical but soft and good. We did a couple rides with FP's like TT again and SE. Let me just
share this one picture of Chris, we rode SE together and my picture didn't show up so we got this:

IMG_6858.JPG

He's awesome lol.
Shortly after 12:30 we finished in FW. We had big plans for the afternoon but still had some time to spend in Epcot and we needed REAL food!
Our first stop was one of our go-to favorite QS's, La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. Chris was asking for something he tried last November and had been dreaming about since

Empanadas con Queso: Fried Flour Tortillas filled with Cheese and served with Mexican Slaw:

IMG_6862.JPG

He isn't that fond of the slaw but loves the cheese empanadas, and I agree they're really good. These are exactly as the description says, fried tortillas filled with cheese. He let Ricky have one and Steve ate some of the slaw but Steve also got this
Guacamole with Totopos: Fresh-made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips:

IMG_6861.JPG

He and I munched on these while we walked around WS to our next destination. The guac was really good! If I didn't have something else in mind for lunch I would have preferred the nachos, but since this was just a prelude to lunch it would suffice and as I said, the guacamole was tasty. I snapped this picture as we walked around:

IMG_6864.JPG

Such a nice clear (HOT!) day! Our next destination revealed when this post continues...............

Last edited:
my oldest stepson Jay is getting married Saturday and Chris turns 12 on Sunday!

Wow! Congratulations! And Happy Birthday, Chris!

Our first stop was one of our go-to favorite QS's, La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. Chris was asking for something he tried last November and had been dreaming about since
Empanadas con Queso: Fried Flour Tortillas filled with Cheese and served with Mexican Slaw:

That looks really good…that slaw looks like it's right up my alley!

You didn't really think we were done with Grey Goose for the day, did you? Tried and true, the traditional Grey Goose slush always comes through! Sunshine in a glass :flower:

10 more days :rolleyes1

We took our drinks into Les Halles where 3 of us got more lunch. Steve and Ricky got the same thing
Dinde B.L.T.: Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aioli

Les Halles is my absolute favorite QS in ALL of WDW :worship:

We all know what this is, right? It happens to be one of my favorite pastries, but I'd shied away from trying it because form the beginning of Les Halles existence people have said the Napoleon wasn't that good. I finally decided to give it a shot and I'm so glad I did! It was delicious, I don't know what people are complaining about! We have great Italian bakeries around us as well as in NYC and especially in the Bronx where Steve is from, and this is very close to being right up there with Napoleons we'd get any of those places. Not exactly the same but better than I expected. I practically licked the plastic paper underneath and my jaw did not hurt afterwards :P

Looks amazing…as do ALL of their pastries :love::love::love:

Congratulations on Jays wedding and :bday: Chris!
Can’t wait to try the Grey Goose Strawberry slushy and all slushee in France :D
Those sandwiches from Les Halles look delicious and the Napoleon yum yum yum.
Have a great weekend :goodvibes

Hi Ariane! Me love a Grey Goose slushie!!! I actually had my first one in July...sigh...I wish I was standing in the hot, Epcot sun drinking one right now...

Congrats to your stepson on his upcoming marriage and your son's birthday!!

That turkey sandwich looks amazing. It's huge and the way you described it makes me definitely want to have one right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts