You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

Glad to hear Ricky's PT is going well. For some reason we have never gotten to Sci Fi. I do love Onion Rings so I may need to address this, plus it is a park TS that still has sandwiches at lunch.

We love Sci-fi! Onion rings, burgers, cool movie reel and eating in a car, what’s not to like, lol. It is so dark in there.
Glad Ricky is progressing well after surgery.

So glad Ricky is progressing well through his PT. It is so mentally hard on an athlete to be side-lined, at least he has youth on his side, and should enjoy a successful return to sports next season.

Sci-fi does always seem like a solid burgers and fries (onion rings) option. I never yet made it into our plans-so August will be our first go!

He's the asst. coach for one of the two teams Chris plays on now and Ricky is to the point where he can get on the court and kind of jog out there with the team lol. As silly as it sounds it brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw him doing more than walking! This has meant that for the last few varsity games he's able to "run" onto the court with his team, too :goodvibes

This is wonderful news!! So glad he's doing well and starting to slowly get back into some of the things he loves.

I made a headlight joke in my TR and I'm making it again here:
:lmao:It was so cold in there I'm sure everyone's headlights were on :lmao:

This joke was definitely terrible enough to be told twice! :rotfl:

Again I know the picture stinks, I really wish it was better because this was a thing of beauty. See the colored sprinkles around the outside of the glass? We all tried it and yup, tasted like fluffy, sweet, white birthday cake!

Yummmmmm

We didn't do dessert even though the choices looked good, because I had something else in mind. We did enjoy our Sci-Fi lunch and while we won't be back in March, I think we'll be back. Chris hates 50's Prime Time and none of us have the desire to do H&V; after doing MM twice last year we need a break and after having a couple really good meals at HBD some years ago the menu doesn't thrill us now, so Sci-Fi is a good option for us. I absolutely love the old movies but especially the old commercials; sitting in the car I feel like "Sandy" from Grease but Sandy after she became cool :smooth:

Great that you had a good experience here! There are only so many good choices to work with at DHS, so it's good that this is a solid contender for you guys. It used to be that you heard bad reviews about Sci-Fi except for the theming, but it seems that more and more lately people have more good things to say about the food.

This has meant that for the last few varsity games he's able to "run" onto the court with his team, too :goodvibes
BEST. NEWS. EVER! I am so happy to hear how well things are coming along for Ricky. That is awesome!

sidenote, we're at CCV in March but Steve has me checking constantly to see if anything CL anywhere is available with my discount as well as wanting CL for our August trip because apparently I've created a monster*
Haha! That is the way we are with Deluxe resorts... we keep thinking we will try a mod or a value but keep going back to what we know. My goal is to stay in every Disney reosrt for at least one night so maybe I'll find things I like about the others too.

Crispy Onion Rings: with Sweet Chili and Horseradish Dipping Sauce.
Yummo! Will definitely have to try these in August.

For his meal Steve got the
Classic American Burger: Our Signature Blend of Beef served on a Broiche Bun with Caramelized Onions, American Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, and Gourmet Tomato
Exactly what my three order every time.

aprese Sandwich: Toasted Tomato-Herb Focaccia Bread with Heirloom Tomato, fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, Arugula, and Basil Pesto
This would so be on my list. I wonder if they could make it without the pesto and just add basil leaves (stupid pine nut allergy:().

:D
:rotfl2:

I'm excited to eat at Sci Fi (next Sunday! What?). It was really hard to get an ADR at two-ish months out, which seemed weird to me but I don't really know. I can have Sangria and a milkshake, right? ;)

The food choices at DHS seem so... limited compared to the other parks. And you could also hop out and hit a resort option for a meal if you wanted, anywhere else, super easy. We enjoyed 50s, but HBD was hit and miss for us... I could see us going to MM at some point, though I'd rather try Il Mulino... maybe this trip! We only have Sci Fi and Yak n Yeti as ADRs.

I'm glad Ricky's therapy is going so well!

Ha! Loved the headlights comment! It made me chuckle...
So happy Ricky's PT is progressing well. It's so heartbreaking when one of our babies is hurt. He'll be playing basketball again in no time and he'll have a killer season!!!!!
CL is sooooooo awesome! Now that I've done it twice, I see Steve's love for it.

As silly as it sounds it brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw him doing more than walking! This has meant that for the last few varsity games he's able to "run" onto the court with his team, too :goodvibes
I'm sure that was an amazing moment for you. So glad to hear he is progressing well. He'll be back on that court in no time now!

*sidenote, we're at CCV in March but Steve has me checking constantly to see if anything CL anywhere is available with my discount as well as wanting CL for our August trip because apparently I've created a monster*
Too funny!!! When are you going in August? We're having an ongoing debate between WDW or DL in August. Said debate is still not resolved, but this could maybe tip me :-)

Second time seeing this and still cracks me up !

img_7253-jpg.296629

Again I know the picture stinks, I really wish it was better because this was a thing of beauty. See the colored sprinkles around the outside of the glass? We all tried it and yup, tasted like fluffy, sweet, white birthday cake!
Well at least this sounds good. I don't think they've ever had this one when we were there. Casey would be all over that.

Chris just got ice tea and Steve got a Mich Ultra which I don't have a picture of, but if you all go either to your fridge or your local grocery store you'll find one :P
Sorry, just went to the fridge and only Miller Lite in there :P

img_7254-jpg.296630

Crispy Onion Rings: with Sweet Chili and Horseradish Dipping Sauce.
Like Kari @kastoney always says these onion rings were perfection AND, those dipping sauces were to die for! This was only our 2nd time here and the first was about 3 years ago, and honestly I can't remember if we got the onion rings then. I think we did but I know we go the fried pickles; either way I didn't remember the dipping sauces which together were the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Ricky doesn't do onion rings so the 3 of us enjoyed every last one.
Glad you love these as much as us. Though we usually just sub the fries for them so I haven't had the sauces. I will now most definitely have to try the app!

scifiwings-jpg.296781

This isn't my picture but Chris got the spicy buffalo. He normally loves all things spicy so we figured he'd be fine with these, but them suckers was HOT!! He only ate a couple and Steve couldn't get one down. Ricky and I don't normally eat wings so we passed. Chris didn't think these were bad at all, just a tad hotter than he's used to.
Wow, those suckers must have been hot. Usually disney tempers down spice so I'm surprised these were so hot.

If I knew how to draw on here I'd draw you a picture because I can't find one on google images lol.
I enjoyed this very much, especially the pesto! The bread was a little tougher than most focaccia but had a great flavor to it and while the guys got the special gourmet tomato I much preferred the heirloom (I joke). The mozzarella was plentiful which is very important on a caprese sandwich. Oh, and I had them hold the arugula, sorry you weirdos who like it.
No arugula. Well then you just ruined the whole sandwich. And you still owe one hand dawn picture! :P

img_7258-jpg.296634

And don't you know he carried it around the rest of the day AND on the plane? It's in my office now but hey, when your "baby" asks for a "toy" and those days are numbered, you give him a toy :goodvibes
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: These are the "toys" they put in the kids drinks. You probably knew that already, but we have a collection of tinker bells in our house. Let me know if Chris wants think to join his collection :-)

This has meant that for the last few varsity games he's able to "run" onto the court with his team, too :goodvibes
Yay!!! That's awesome! I'm so happy to hear things are progressing! :goodvibes

:rotfl2:

It's not a meal at Sci Fi without a shake, and it's also not a Sci Fi meal without these beauties:
I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2

and while the guys got the special gourmet tomato I much preferred the heirloom
:laughing:

Oh, and I had them hold the arugula, sorry you weirdos who like it.
Ick, arugula! Takes like gross soap to me.

sitting in the car I feel like "Sandy" from Grease but Sandy after she became cool :smooth:
Yes!!! I feel the same way every time! I resist the urge to take off a ring, throw it at someone while storming away from the car saying "and you can take back this piece of junk!" :rotfl: Ahhh, Grease. I couldn't watch it enough growing up.

I love the milkshakes at Sci Fi. It is really dark in there. I've only been once and wasn't a big fan of their food, but I loved the milkshake I got.

And sad about saying goodbye to the great movie ride. That was my favorite in the park and it just feels weird never riding it again.

Caprese Sandwich: Toasted Tomato-Herb Focaccia Bread with Heirloom Tomato, fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, Arugula, and Basil Pesto
I'm glad you liked this sandwich. I was considering ordering it whenever I go back. Although I am one of those weirdos who loves arugula lol.

I leave in TWO WEEKS for my combination Disney trip/Universal TA training trip!

:cool1:

and Ricky is to the point where he can get on the court and kind of jog out there with the team lol. As silly as it sounds it brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw him doing more than walking! This has meant that for the last few varsity games he's able to "run" onto the court with his team, too :goodvibes

Awesome! So glad to hear he's doing better!

Yup, I'm on our last day. Luckily we weren't flying out until 8:30 pm so our last day was a pretty full day, which is the BEST kind of Disney last day!

The best!

It was so cold in there I'm sure everyone's headlights were on :lmao:

Oh, my! :laughing:

We did enjoy our Sci-Fi lunch and while we won't be back in March, I think we'll be back.

We ate there once and I hated that it was too dark to see my food. I guess maybe we'll be back someday, but with so many awesome options, like PizzeRizzo, why would we? ;)

before I leave in TWO WEEKS for my combination Disney trip/Universal TA training trip!

This sounds super cool and I wanna hear all about that. My agency (as you know) is in the process of registering with Disney (they don't make it that easy surprisingly, maybe it's because we are Canadian, I don't know) but anyway hoping once that is done if I do all the Disney training I hope to do one of these trips.

Ricky got the seasonal milkshake they had at the time which was a birthday cake shake:

That looks delish. I love birthday cake flavoured things!

I think we did but I know we go the fried pickles;

Yum. I love fried pickles. I think I'd be a fan of those more than the massive onion rings...they do look divine, but I usually like my rings smaller so that there is a good batter to onion ratio without too much onion....was there too much onion in the big ones? If they are more batter then I'd do it lol

Thanks for sharing Ricky’s progress :hug:
Sounds like he’s doing so much better and improving every day
Sci Fi is always fun but you’re right forget about seeing the menu or your food :rotfl:
I know what you mean it’s easy to get spoiled by CL

I'm so glad to hear he's doing well!
Thank you :hug: He's really moving along faster than we thought but it still seems like it's been going on forever........

Maybe I should never stay CL with Josh :scratchin I've already created enough of a monster :lmao: He's spoiled enough after staying deluxe, and having EP almost every time at Universal.
lol oh yeah, I can see him loving it and then you're stuck!

I don't think we would like 50's Prime Time... Either. I love Sci-Fi. We aren't going this trip but I def want to go next time. I really wonder how long it will be around.
Oh man, even though it's not one of my top 10 fave TS restaurants I'd hate to see it go, it's so different. I remember hearing that it MIGHT POSSIBLY be on the chopping block but that was way back before any SW or TSL construction started and I haven't heard anything about it since, so hopefully it's staying put.

Glad to hear Ricky's PT is going well
:thanks: takes a load off my mind!

For some reason we have never gotten to Sci Fi. I do love Onion Rings so I may need to address this, plus it is a park TS that still has sandwiches at lunch.
You should try it, especially if you don't already have a HS "go-to" TS

lad Ricky is progressing well after surgery.
Thank you, we all feel so much better than we did two months ago :rolleyes: He has good days and bad days as far as dealing with it emotionally but physically he's doing SO much better than I thought he would and is much farther along at this point than we thought he'd be. His physical therapist is constantly saying how excellent he's doing and how impressed he is with how strong he's getting. Fingers crossed he continues at this rate :goodvibes

LOL MArk says he want's to stay CL from here on out too.
About 2 hours ago Steve asked me if anything had opened up under my discount for CL for our March trip :laughing: Not that I'm against it!

So glad Ricky is progressing well through his PT. It is so mentally hard on an athlete to be side-lined, at least he has youth on his side, and should enjoy a successful return to sports next season.
OMG, is it ever :sad2: Having been the farthest from an athlete in high school as one could be I never ever would have understood this before Ricky became so involved in sports but basketball is his EVERYTHING-his social life, his afternoons, evenings, weekends, all year. This was a huge hit to him in every way possible and I can't even think about the day we got the diagnosis without my heart sinking. But luckily the finish line is in sight :worship: I don't wish this injury or any serious injury on anyone. His coach has already talked to him about working at the high school basketball camp again this summer and he's returned to open gym this week (stationary shooting but it's still moving in the right direction!).

Sci-fi does always seem like a solid burgers and fries (onion rings) option. I never yet made it into our plans-so August will be our first go!
Yay! Always exciting having new Disney restaurants to look forward to!!

So as you've guessed we weren't as satisfied with our dinner this time around which was disappointing. I've read a few reviews lately where people who have dined here often and loved it are saying the same thing; not sure what's changed
I feel the same way. Our first trip in 2015 we had dinner there and it was delicious. Mom had the steak, DS had the kid's steak and I had the braised whatever. Was it pork at dinner then? or beef? I can't remember but I do remember both the steaks were good cuts and cooked properly and my meal was melt in your mouth incredible. 2016 DS and I had breakfast and lunch there. Breakfast was meh. Not bad but nothing special either, but I'm not a breakfast person so DS and I split a plate and I picked while he devoured it. Lunch was decent but nothing to write home about. 2018 we had all 3 meals. Breakfast was mediocre at best, lunch was just ok. Our dinner sucked. It was seriously the worst meal we had all week and our only TS. We had some pasta dish that I don't see on the menu now but I know it was fettucini. The noodles themselves were horribly cooked. Some over cooked, some under cooked and nearly half of them stuck together in clumps of 4-5 noodles. DS split it and did not finish it, it was so bad. We got desert and split a qs meal elsewhere less than an hour later. DS will be disappointed because he loves the whole atmosphere there but we will be breaking tradition and not eat there this year

This is wonderful news!! So glad he's doing well and starting to slowly get back into some of the things he loves.
Thank you :hug: Every couple weeks it's like he adds something else to his "able to do again" list.

There are only so many good choices to work with at DHS, so it's good that this is a solid contender for you guys. It used to be that you heard bad reviews about Sci-Fi except for the theming, but it seems that more and more lately people have more good things to say about the food.
Very true, and that's why the last couple years I didn't care about getting back - food reviews weren't that great. But I noticed them picking up and really needed something in the park to work for our last day lol, so it fit the bill. Not a bad choice :)

BEST. NEWS. EVER! I am so happy to hear how well things are coming along for Ricky. That is awesome!
Thanks! I'm also really glad we did decide to do the surgery sooner rather than later and the major part of his recovery is during the winter. It would be so much worse if he had to be sedentary during the summer......

Haha! That is the way we are with Deluxe resorts... we keep thinking we will try a mod or a value but keep going back to what we know. My goal is to stay in every Disney reosrt for at least one night so maybe I'll find things I like about the others too.
Steve is really a deluxe guy now and that's it! Although he was very happy with our CSR stay in Nov. I too want to stay at every resort but that means we still need every value except AoA and 2 of the mods, which is a lot of non-deluxe stays for Steve to deal with lol

This would so be on my list. I wonder if they could make it without the pesto and just add basil leaves (stupid pine nut allergy:().
Totally don't see why they couldn't make it without the peso! And as long as they had basil leaves, why not? Worth asking :thumbsup2

I'm excited to eat at Sci Fi (next Sunday! What?).
Whoo!!! You probably won't even read this until after you're back! I hope you have (had) a magical time pixiedust:

It was really hard to get an ADR at two-ish months out, which seemed weird to me but I don't really know. I can have Sangria and a milkshake, right? ;)
Not weird really, for whatever reason Sci Fi does tend to be a somewhat difficult one to get once you're close. And I see no problem with Sangria and a milkshake! Maybe a sangria flavored milkshake as their seasonal :laughing:

The food choices at DHS seem so... limited compared to the other parks. And you could also hop out and hit a resort option for a meal if you wanted, anywhere else, super easy.
I agree; always the hardest place to suggest dining for people. We've left before to eat when it doesn't mess with our schedule and I've even purposely gone early in the a.m. so we're done by lunch and can eat somewhere else, just sucks to not have anywhere in the park that jumps out at you to eat.

We enjoyed 50s, but HBD was hit and miss for us... I could see us going to MM at some point, though I'd rather try Il Mulino... maybe this trip
OMG please go to Il Mulino!! BEST Italian on property, it's amazing! We liked our MM lunch last.......May I think? So we took the kids back in August. They liked it ok but it wasn't as good the second time around; not bad, but so many other places we rather eat.

Ha! Loved the headlights comment! It made me chuckle..
That's what I'm here for ;)

It's so heartbreaking when one of our babies is hurt. He'll be playing basketball again in no time and he'll have a killer season!!!!!
It is. When it first happened I kept telling him I'd cut off one of my legs if we could turn back time and have this not happen :sad1: I also don't like rushing time but I can't wait for Nov. to get here so he's happily on the team!

CL is sooooooo awesome! Now that I've done it twice, I see Steve's love for it.
I've been searching day in and day out, and can't find freakin' club level for August :mad: Usually there are tons of CL rooms available at the TA rate! I did find something pretty decent for part of our Aug. stay though which I'm psyched about, a new to us resort. But I'm keeping you in suspense for now :P

I'm sure that was an amazing moment for you. So glad to hear he is progressing well. He'll be back on that court in no time now!
Thank you :hug: I'm happily surprised he's moving along the way he is. I know he still has a few months before he's 100% but we see the finish line. Much like Jason does on his runs, but only Jason because you're still in bed at that time (as I would be) :laughing:

When are you going in August? We're having an ongoing debate between WDW or DL in August. Said debate is still not resolved, but this could maybe tip me :-)
I keep meaning to text you! Right now looks like we'll head down on 8/18......I only have half our resort stay booked and things could change but I really don't want it to lol. Going to try texting you this weekend in between games to see where you're at :coffee:

Wow, those suckers must have been hot. Usually disney tempers down spice so I'm surprised these were so hot.
Right? And Chris can handle the hot so this was surprising.

These are the "toys" they put in the kids drinks. You probably knew that already, but we have a collection of tinker bells in our house. Let me know if Chris wants think to join his collection
And that Cars one may find it's way down to Casey lol

Yay!!! That's awesome! I'm so happy to hear things are progressing! :goodvibes
:thanks:

Yes!!! I feel the same way every time! I resist the urge to take off a ring, throw it at someone while storming away from the car saying "and you can take back this piece of junk!" :rotfl: Ahhh, Grease. I couldn't watch it enough growing up.
"You're a FAKE and a PHONY and I wish I'd never laid eyes on you!"
"I bet that's not the only thing she laid on you, huh Zuk?"

Sadly I could go on and on.....my best friends' family got HBO when I was 10 and we didn't have it yet (remember, I'm old lol). Grease happened to be on like 10x a day for 2 months lol so that's what we did day in and day out!

That was my favorite in the park and it just feels weird never riding it again.
Agree :sad1: I think it's going to feel REALLY weird walking into that building to ride a different ride when the roller coaster opens.

I guess maybe we'll be back someday, but with so many awesome options, like PizzeRizzo, why would we? ;)
I haven't even walked inside PizzeRizzo to check it out yet!

This sounds super cool and I wanna hear all about that
I added my Universal TA trip from last Feb. to my Nov. 2016 TR (at least I think that's the one I added it to lol) and I'll try to write about this one somewhere, too! It was so much fun!

My agency (as you know) is in the process of registering with Disney (they don't make it that easy surprisingly, maybe it's because we are Canadian, I don't know) but anyway hoping once that is done if I do all the Disney training I hope to do one of these trips.
I hope you get authorized soon! Disney is my favorite to sell which probably surprised nobody. However I'm not familiar with all that it takes to get authorized to sell. Once you start selling Disney I hope your owner gets you lots of cool on-site trainings!

Yum. I love fried pickles. I think I'd be a fan of those more than the massive onion rings.
We all love fried pickles too, and I think we would have gotten them there this time around except that a restaurant right around the corner from us makes fantastic ones so we have them really often :)

was there too much onion in the big ones? If they are more batter then I'd do it lol
Perfect onion to batter ratio!

Glad to hear Ricky is doing better!
:thanks: Really made for a good start to 2018 ::yes:: Oh and I need to get over to your dining report asap, I saw it there!

hanks for sharing Ricky’s progress :hug:
Sounds like he’s doing so much better and improving every day
He is, thank goodness!

I know what you mean it’s easy to get spoiled by CL
Nobody leaves chocolate on my bed here at home :sad2:

I feel the same way. Our first trip in 2015 we had dinner there and it was delicious. Mom had the steak, DS had the kid's steak and I had the braised whatever. Was it pork at dinner then? or beef? I can't remember but I do remember both the steaks were good cuts and cooked properly and my meal was melt in your mouth incredible. 2016 DS and I had breakfast and lunch there. Breakfast was meh. Not bad but nothing special either, but I'm not a breakfast person so DS and I split a plate and I picked while he devoured it. Lunch was decent but nothing to write home about. 2018 we had all 3 meals. Breakfast was mediocre at best, lunch was just ok. Our dinner sucked. It was seriously the worst meal we had all week and our only TS. We had some pasta dish that I don't see on the menu now but I know it was fettucini. The noodles themselves were horribly cooked. Some over cooked, some under cooked and nearly half of them stuck together in clumps of 4-5 noodles. DS split it and did not finish it, it was so bad. We got desert and split a qs meal elsewhere less than an hour later. DS will be disappointed because he loves the whole atmosphere there but we will be breaking tradition and not eat there this year
Hmm, I think back then it was braised pork! Yes, our 2012 and 2013 dinners were so out of this world which is what kept us coming back. Even 2014 was outstanding. 2015 was just Steve and I and we still loved it, so I have to say 2016 was when it started losing steam. But our only really NOT GOOD BOG dinner was this one :mad: Very disappointing when a place you love goes downhill; and while I've said that, I hope it changes and they make a comeback! Hopefully DS finds another place on your upcoming trip that he loves just as much :)

WS---CL-----MDE---NY

At the end of my last update I said we skipped Sci-Fi dessert because I was determined to get my WS favorite snack before we left. So we paid up at Sci-Fi and bid farewell to HS knowing on our next trip the Chinese theater would stand pitifully empty. We took the bus directly to Epcot, if you consider direct to be a 25 minute wait at the farthest possible uncovered bus stop in the 125 degree heat lol. We attempted the Friendship Boat but for whatever reason, mid-day the line was crazy long. Once at Epcot we beelined it at sweat-dripping speed to Norway so I could get THIS!!!

IMG_7260.JPG

Yes, we've had this discussion in TR so I know many of you haven't tried school bread yet. My advice? Try it! Even if you don't end up liking it, as a very popular WDW snack that gets discussed constantly at least you'd be able to say you tried it. It's not a donut; not that soft. But softer than a roll. And yes that's lots of both toasted and untoasted coconut on top so if you're @ArielSRL (or my mom) and think coconut is the devil, then you'll have to stay away. The cream inside has cardemom in it which I know some don't like either and honestly, I didn't think I was a cardemom fan until I found out what the cream was! To me it was a slightly different tasting bavarian cream. Anyway I got one and Chris got one, and as with our Gaston's cinnamon rolls there was absolutely 0 sharing.

Ricky thinks school bread is just ok so he went with a snack he and Chris had tried for the first time ever earlier in the trip:

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7264.JPG

Kakigori! This was a rainbow flavor, basically every flavor they have all together. I have a feeling they'll both be getting this again in March while Steve and I partake in F&G snacks!

We walked around a bit eating and did some shopping, and then it was time to go. We gave ourselves about an hour back at WL to collect our luggage and change which meant we had time to hit up the lounge once more. As per the theme of this report, I sucked at getting club lounge food pics but did take a few of the wine and cheese offerings with the lids on lol:

IMG_7267.JPG

This was the only night we saw this out and it sounded so good to me! Sadly and weirdly I was full from lunch and school bread so I had none.

IMG_7268.JPG

Doesn't that kids pasta look good :rotfl2:Actually on a previous night Ricky had 3 or 4 bowls of the kids pasta and loved it, so there's that.

IMG_7269.JPG

Something I never ever would try but yay for the small mason jars again and it does sound like a nice offering! Sidenote, if and when we stay CL again I think more than a few of those mini mason jars will be finding their way into my suitcase :rolleyes1

And with that, our August 2017 Disney food adventures were done! We did eat at MCO before JetBlue decided to change our departure time from 8:30 to 9:30, 11, then midnight and then back to 8:30, but it wasn't anything worth writing about as any of you who frequent MCO know.

This was really a great trip food-wise with some new to us places and our only disappointment overall was BOG dinner. What did I think of our first CL stay? Well obviously my husband is a fan and wants to stay CL again and again and again! Do I?

yes, and no.

I loved the chocolates and turn down service, and I loved the little bits of help they gave us during the trip. Not that we needed much and not counting the trouble we had getting in on our first night of course. And having the club at our disposal pretty much whenever we wanted was such a plus.

BUT

I feel like if we do club, we have to schedule time to be at the resort to take advantage of the lounge. And I don't like that; it's not us. We enjoy being in the parks and eating at the TS restaurants too much to give that up for the lounge. It was definitely good for the boys quite a few mornings, us too, and I think breakfast is/was the biggest advantage. However breakfast doesn't equal what you pay for club level! And while everything we ate was good I was looking for more variety at breakfast as were Steve and and the boys, even though nowhere is the club level breakfast advertised as a full breakfast. I think CL is great for those with little kids who don't eat much; people who are at the resort often, especially in the evenings; people who don't normally do TS. I have a client going in March doing CL at AKL, staying 5 nights and only doing 2 park days. Their kids will be 4 months, 18 months and 5 so I think CL will work great for them since they'll be there so much and aren't staying in the parks late the 2 days they're going. With the discount I got it totally made it worth it but if we had paid full price I think both of us would feel otherwise.

The lounge itself was big, clean, neat, very welcoming, and the staff always friendly and willing to help. Loved looking down into the WL lobby! Also convenient having our room on the same level as the lounge which I know isn't the case always at AKL and I believe not always the case at GF? However I'm not 100% sure on that. And now that I've said my piece, feel free to remind me of all this when I tell you we're staying CL again lol!

Thank you all for following along with me on another report, and for your patience as this took me so much longer to finish than it normally does! Also for your well wishes for Ricky which mean so much :grouphug: I leave next Friday for my short Disney/Uni TA training trip and will be eating at Tiffins as well as some of the Festival of the Arts Booth with my friend and fellow TA Cathy. We aren't sure where we're eating at Universal other than Amatista at Sapphire Falls for breakfast 2 mornings. I don't think I'll be doing a dining report on that but I may do one on our March trip! Stay tuned and thank you again for hanging :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts