You want to go where for your Birthday? July 2010 PTR

TokyoDina

DIS Veteran
Hello my name is Dina.

IMG_5143.jpg

I have been going to Disney for ever I think since I was 5 years old. I've only religiously gone the parks over the last 3 years which is where my true love for the parks began when my DH asked me to marry him at The Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Ever since we've been going at the very least once a year. We had AP last year but then we changed our address to AZ....and they lasped.

So during my planning for our WDW trip, I started to Plan DH's birthday. I took him to the AZ Ren Faire which was a blast. During that mini trip he asked me what I wanted. I told him flat out since you got a bunch of swords for your B-Day I just want to go to Disneyland. So now this year we'll go to bot WDW and DL! I'm so excited! I can't wait. I know the parks will be busy during July but it'll still be fun none the less and I've never gotten to go on my Birthday so it'll be extra special for me!

DL2.jpg

So far we plan to drive there on on Tuesday stay at the Park Vue Inn.

We are gonna get discount 2 Day park hoppers from the base of course before we go.

DL3.jpg

Eating Breakfast at the Park Vue Inn cause they have free breakfast.
Then have lunch at the Royal Street Veranda.
Then we have plans to get an ADR on my birthday which is Wednesday for the Blue Bayou.

The next day we are gonna eat breakfast at Park Vue Inn and then have lunch at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. And get an ADR for Cafe Orleans.

DL4.jpg

We don't have high hopes for rides but it doesn't bug me too much. I'm sure we'll get on what we can. The only rides we have to ride is Indy, Pirates and Splash Mountain. But like I said if we can't do them we won't die! There is always next year.
DL.jpg

All these images came from our trip last year. :)

Sounds like it will be a fun trip! And the crowds shouldn't be too bad. We went last year on July 6 and 7 and it was less crowded than a friday morning in May! We were able to do lots of stuff since we got there at opening before the crowds and we collected FPs for later.

Hope you have a great time!

Sounds like it will be a fun trip! And the crowds shouldn't be too bad. We went last year on July 6 and 7 and it was less crowded than a friday morning in May! We were able to do lots of stuff since we got there at opening before the crowds and we collected FPs for later.

Hope you have a great time!

Thank you! Like I said I've never been in the summer so I'm kind of scared it will be really crowed but I'm prepared for the worsest. I think like you said the best course of action would be to get there before rope drop. I can honestly say I've never done rope drop! So I think it would be tons of fun to do it one time. Have to judge is we need to go back to the hotel for a nap or just stay in the parks.

Cute pics!! Sounds like it will be a blast!

Thank you~~!! I can't wait to go!

So, I've put my time off in the book for my birthday so it's alway set in stone. I'm sure it pretty much is. There shouldn't be a reason I can't go since I would automatically get that day off anyway, and I've got a lot of leave to burn!

I plan on booking the Park Vue Inn as soon as we get back from the Grand Canyon. I didn't want to use all my spending money on the hotel until we got back. Which is going to be really fun since I've never been to the Grand Canyon and hey! I think I'll only be in AZ for short period of time so why not see it!?

I'm also going to get the Park Hoppers maybe before or after we get back from WDW. I'm not so sure yet. It really depends on how much money I want to spend at the parks. But it's looking like after. Which is okay. They aren't going to go anywhere. Haha!

Then decide which car to take there. I'm sure it's going to be mine. Mine has less miles on it.

Pictures from the Grand Canyon to come some time next week. I need to pack my car! Why am I here?!?!:3dglasses

Really nice photos BTW.

We are also going to DLR in July - what are your dates? It's a special birthday for me as well this year and that's one of the reasons we are having a special vacation and going to DLR instead of WDW.

How does DL Tokyo compare to DLR? It's a ambition to go to all 5 parks in the world - will have Tokyo and HK left after this July (but maybe we'll be so totally smitten with DLR we won't want to go anywhere else)

Really nice photos BTW.

We are also going to DLR in July - what are your dates? It's a special birthday for me as well this year and that's one of the reasons we are having a special vacation and going to DLR instead of WDW.

How does DL Tokyo compare to DLR? It's a ambition to go to all 5 parks in the world - will have Tokyo and HK left after this July (but maybe we'll be so totally smitten with DLR we won't want to go anywhere else)

Hi My dates at 20 Jul thru 23 Jul. I turn 27 on the 21st. Whee!

As for TDL it is smaller and HKDL is even smaller than DL. But don't let that discourage you if you really want to go! They are missing Indiana Jones. But the moved that ride over to Tokyo Disney Sea which is unlike any Disney park in the world. You can get the park hopper because the parks are just a monorail ride away from each other. I do enjoy TDL. It's just as clean as all the Disney parks and all the Characters are English speakers. The CMs sometimes speak English but I've run across some that don't. It has all the same rides as DL except Indy. All the songs are in Japanese of course and some of the rides are changed a little bit. But not so much that it would hinder your enjoyment of the park. Tokyo Disney Sea is a must! It has a hotel in the park! It's really cool! Even though it has sea in the title the park has no water rides. Rides I'd recommend is TToT it's not based on the Twilight Zone like the other parks and Journey to the Center of the Earth. It has a surprise ending! I would highly recommend going no matter what. The park is just smaller. I've never been to HKDL but I've seen that they are lacking a lot of the infamous rides that the other parks have and it's even smaller than TDL.

When are you going to DL?

I just got back from the Grand Canyon I think as soon as I catch up on laundry and sleep I'll post details from the trip!:hippie:

High light of my trip to the Grand Canyon I must say! It was pretty cool!!

Here are a few photos of the Grand Canyon and Sedona.

DSCF4598.jpg

DSCF4607.jpg

DSCF4620.jpg

DSCF4622.jpg

DSCF4695.jpg

DSCF4721.jpg

DSCF4733.jpg

DSCF4735.jpg

DSCF4750.jpg

DSCF4738.jpg

It was really really really cold! We came up from Tucson so we figured ehhh it can't be that bad1 It was 85 degrees the day we left. Yeah in Flagstaff alone it was near 50......bad idea! Haha we were so cold. But we managed it. Next time if we go remember to bring a coat! Not a jacket! But it was worth it to see a big whole in the ground my co-workers coin it. But I enjoy it! It was breath taking and much bigger than I though! It was worth it to breath in the air and eat some awesome chilli in the Bright Angel Inn.

I would go at least one time if anyone was very thinking about it.

In planning news I'm waiting to get paid to book my hotel. Should be able to do it this week!

Only 98 days to go! Whoo :cheer2:

Hotel is booked! Double checked the prices for 2 day park hoppers. I was going to buy them but something nagged at me to tell me not to do it just yet and hold off until we get back from WDW.

The nagging feeling finally showed it self up in my dog! He's been vomiting a few times since yesterday. I'm not sure what it is but of course....I'm worried so I'd rather not use the money we have to DL until we are sure the dog is okay. So I'm waiting to go see the vet now.

If everything is okay which I'm sure it will be since he is acting okay I'll get those DL tickets when we get back from WDW or at the end of the month if the vet bill isn't too high. I knew we should have got Pet Insurance. :scared1:

Thankfully, the dog has been eating weeds in the backyard and it wasn't a toy or something stuck in his tummy. We caught him eating them when I was cleaning up the backyard. He is good now. Just on a bland diet! I was nervous a second there~

So, we are going to get the birthday deal from Park Vue which is great! We are going to drive out there in less than 90 days! Then just relax! I can't wait! I wish they still had the free day on your birthday deal going but the tickets I intend to buy are still really good prices it's like a $40 discount.

Have a little bit under 30 days before I him the air for WDW. :rotfl:

Dog is good now!

But I'm sick! What the heck?!? Oh well I'm slowly getting back to regular food. I'm going to try some rice tonight. I think I got food poisoning from the Pizza we had the other night. I will never eat Pizza again! No joke!

In other news I'm going to go see Cinderella the Musical tomorrow night. It's a production by the local high school but I'm sure it will be just great! I'll take pictures if I can!
:cheer2:

The Musical was just okay........

Anyways I have 87 days left! Sort of bad cause it's like oh by the way your turning another year older. But great cause I'm going to DL!!

At least we are out of 100!

Now to clean my not so messy home!

Hey that’s so nice place and I really want like it. It is so much attractive. Thanks for posting me. And I really want to go there. At NSW south coast accommodation you’ll discover the perfect environment for your romantic escape, weekend getaway, short break, wedding, function, conference, family holiday and business getaw.:dance3::yay::dance3:

Hey that’s so nice place and I really want like it. It is so much attractive. Thanks for posting me. And I really want to go there. At NSW south coast accommodation you’ll discover the perfect environment for your romantic escape, weekend getaway, short break, wedding, function, conference, family holiday and business getaw.:dance3::yay::dance3:

Thank you!

So I need to remember to make ADR this week! I've been really busy. I am applying for Culinary School and I am getting consultation for braces. So I've been running around like crazy but yet this week I need to get those ADR booked! Ai! :surfweb:

So it turns out I can't make my ADR for about 3 weeks the only do 60 days in advance. Darn!

Well I'm all packed for Disney World! So as soon as I get back I can book my ADRs for Disney Land! I can't wait! I'm almost completely packed and we leave this Sunday! Just trying to get the last minute things done! I'm so excited! Saturday is going to last forever! :banana::wizard:

I will start my TR from WDW very soon. I'm looking into getting the DDP for this trip but I'm not so sure if it's worth it since we are going for only two days? Anyone think it's still worth it?

My TR for WDW if you are interested.

I booked The Blue Bayou for my birthday and Ariel's Grotto for the day after. Since it is only a two day trip I thought it'd be fun to do one more character meal. It might be our last trip for a couple of years so I better get all my fun in that I can. We are planning on making a family. And not that there is anything wrong with taking babies to the parks. I don't think we'd be ready to take our future baby to the park until they are a lot older like 3.

I can't wait! I didn't do the DDP. I think we are going to do CS otherwise. Trying to make this trip a lot cheaper than our WDW one.

Hey Girl!! I just noticed that you had this PTR/TR going on. So, which Disneyland are you going too? The one in California this time? Glad your dog is doing ok! I loved all the pictures you posted of you two. You are very beautiful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!