You Want to Go Where? A 4th of July Weekend PTR

Ashley, since you posted within some quotes...and if I quote you then...they will not show... Just gonna comment outside of a quote...

Vegas and DLR.... you aren't saying stay in Vegas with your dad, right? The two are still a fair bit of distance apart.

Kira and her pets... well, the germ factor doesn't bug me as much as just the "ewe, they are snakes" factor. Either way though... I don't touch them. :rotfl:

The bacon wrapped asparagus... omg... I can't wait! They are yummy. I would try the recipe that was shared if it were much further out. However... just 6 days and I will get one. I can wait to make them until I am home for a while.

Weather... 104 degrees?! :eek: I don't' think we have broke 70 this week. Course... it has been horribly humid!

Mickey Mail... since it is all I will be getting because I did not book a package through disney... I will have to take it as mickey mail, cause it is the best I will be getting.

PP arrival.... Zoe didn't actually find out about the trip. :rolleyes1 I just thought she might have. Although as each day passes it is getting harder. Zach is now home on "leave" (not true leave, but his new orders don't' start until the day after we get back) He says things and I have to remind him to shush.

Attitude and kids... :rotfl2: While I am sure that what Alexa said was a bit embarrassing... still, it is funny the attitude and things that they say...especially girls.

The room..... I hope it actually ends up looking as nice as the picture shows.

Aladdin show... It is the BEST!!! So I have to get my touring plan set so I don't miss it.

My health update... :blush: I didn't post to the group? Oh no!!! I am sorry. Life has been so crazy. I cant remember where I have or have not shared.

It looks like you have another great day planned. It all looks so different, yet so familiar. I would definitely need help planning a trip to DL as I would have no idea where to start. A 2 hour wait for Dumbo sounds :faint: bad!!!! :laughing:

Hope your trip turns out wonderful for you and your family... Sounds like all of you can use some "Disney Magic". Take care of your little one and ummm... buy her the dress now so she can enjoy it longer!!! :wizard:

It looks like you have another great day planned. It all looks so different, yet so familiar. I would definitely need help planning a trip to DL as I would have no idea where to start. A 2 hour wait for Dumbo sounds :faint: bad!!!! :laughing:

That 2 hour wait (and actually I think it was in fact a tad longer) was on our very first trip. We meandered about with no idea of where we were going...what rides there were... or anything! :eek: So... learned a painful lesson on that trip. Which is why I am feeling so anxious about getting a touring plan together. On one hand... it is only 3 days in the parks... but...on the other... it is ONLY 3 days in the parks. ;)

Hope your trip turns out wonderful for you and your family... Sounds like all of you can use some "Disney Magic". Take care of your little one and ummm... buy her the dress now so she can enjoy it longer!!! :wizard:

Than you so much! It will be a good time, I am sure.

Such a bad friend...hope you guys are having fun!

Explain why you are a bad friend? ;) Fun I am having right now? Just working....

One last tip about the desert Inn If you don't have a car ask them to take the parking fee off of the resort fee. It's about 10 dollars per day less then the quoted one with out it.

One last tip about the desert Inn If you don't have a car ask them to take the parking fee off of the resort fee. It's about 10 dollars per day less then the quoted one with out it.

When I called and got the larger room, I made sure they knew we did not have a car. Still.... the "grand total" was less than it will actually be...which kinda irritates me... but... they did say what ever doesn't fit in the lockers they will hold for us behind the front desk. We will have to see if they actually do it.

Since Zach and his new girl friend took Zoe for the day. (and they are still not back. :scared:) after I got home from work I put together a quickie autograph book for Zoe to use. I don't have time to edit...so I apologize for the quality. I sent from my phone...

Front
download

Back
download

I also got her backed for the most part. Now if I could just sneak some clothes out of Alex's room we would be well on our way to being packed.

When I called and got the larger room, I made sure they knew we did not have a car. Still.... the "grand total" was less than it will actually be...which kinda irritates me... but... they did say what ever doesn't fit in the lockers they will hold for us behind the front desk. We will have to see if they actually do it.

They are actually very good about taking it off, as for storing bags I've never had them offer to do it, but they did hold a package I had sent to myself there to avoid having to pay extra and have a longer shipping period to mail it to Canada.

So 24 hours from now, the we will be at the hotel. I have not yet finished this PTR. I am so far behind on EVERYTHING. I did manage to finish work today so I only need to drop something off in the morning tomorrow and then I am good for the long weekend. I still need to call to confirm our Disney Express.... Where did the time go?:eek:

So to finish up this PTR, I will just give you a run down...without pics. I did sub to ridemax and it was a bit better to navigate in some ways...worse in others.

Day 1 - Same as before. Spend the day at the hotel near seatac and then surprise the kids.

Day 2 - Same as before except once we arrive at Desert Inn, we will go to Goofy's Kitchen. If it is before 1pm, we will see if we can get in for brunch. If not, we will just wait and head over once they open up for dinner. We will not eat dinner, but I need to exchange the voucher for the pp+

Day 3 - DL Only

Meals
Breakfast - The Plaza Inn
Lunch-Hungry Bear or Jolly Holiday Bakery
Dinner - Tortilla Jo's - Since it is avocado week there will be cooking demos that might be fun should we catch one.
Snack - Bengal BBQ, Tiki Juice Bar​

Rides/Attractions

Casey Jr. Circus Train
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan's Flight
Small World
King Arthur Carrousel
Davy Crockets Explorer Canoes
Tom Sawyer Island
Columbia Sailing Ship
Tiki Room
Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln
Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain
Winnie the Pooh
Haunted mansion
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
mad Tea Party
Fantasmic
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Snow Whites Scary Adventures
Dumbo, the Flying Elephant
Storybook Canal Boats.

To Fit In

Princess Fantasy Faire
Big Thunder Ranch
Tangled Meet and Greet​

Day 4 - DCA Only

Meals

Breakfast - Hotel
Lunch - Carthay Circle (I think I read that if you are there at lunch time and sit on the balcony, you may get a view of Pixar Parade)
Dinner - Paradise Garden Grill or Flo's V8 Cafe (can't decide)
Snacks - Cozy Cone Motel, Schmoozies

Rides/Attractions

Toy Story Mania
Mickey's Fun Wheel (not me)
Goofy's Sky School
Jumpin Jellyfish
Little Mermaid
Grizzly River Run
Monsters, Inc
Muppet Vision 3D
Animation Studio
Aladdin Musical
Tower of Terror
California Screaming (not me :rolleyes:)
King Triton's Carousel
Silly Symphony Swings (not me :rotfl:)
Golden Zephyr (OMG, I hate heights... NOT ME)
Redwood Creek Challenge (briefly)
Mad T Party (looks like we will lose Zach to this party each night)
Soarin Over California
Radiator Springs Racers
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Luigi's Flying Tires.

To Fit IN

Character Close Up
Red Car Trolley's​

Day 5 - Morning DL, Afternoon DCA, Evening DL

Meals

Breakfast - Hotel
Lunch - World of Color Picnic Pack (I preordered these. We will have to pick them up at WCT. If you are interested in seeing what exactly they are you can view it here.
Dinner - Paradise Garden Grill or Lucky Fortune Cookery
Snacks - Royal Street Veranda, Mint Julep Bar​

Ride/Attractions

Indiana Jones
Finding Nemo Submarines
Captain Eo Tribute
Star Tours
Space Mountain (not me)
Chip "n" Dale's Treehouse
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Gadgets Go-Coaster (does anyone even remember Gadget? And...even though it has been years since I scrapbooked photos from it and thus googled for an image of Gadget... I would imagine a warning may still apply. Be cautious when googling Gadget for an image. Apparently she has her own "special" kind of following :confused:)
Minnie Fly Girls (we will watch while we eat our picnic)
Dancing with Disney
Radiator Springs Racers (The guys will attempt single rider lines)
It's Tough to be a bug
Francis' Ladybug Boogie
Tuck & Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies
Flik's Flyers
Princess Dot Puddle Park
Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
Monsters Inc
World of Color
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad​

To Fit In

Disneyland Railroad at the Tomorrowland Station (there are some interesting things to view)
Mickey's House
Minnie's House
Phineas and Ferb Rockin Rollin Dance Party
Disney Gallery​

Day 6 - DTD

Meals

Breakfast - Hotel
Lunch - Rainforest Cafe (maybe or maybe just fast food)
Dinner - Airport
Snacks - :confused: (I thought there was a candy shop, I guess there is a Haagen-Dazs ice cream parlor so maybe there?)

After we check out of the hotel, we will spend the day shopping and meandering about DTD. We have a pretty late flight so we will not need to be back to the hotel until late afternoon early evening.​

And there concludes my plans. :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading along and wish me luck! When I get back, I will post a link to the TR! :goodvibes

Ann, I haven't even had time to catch up yet, but I will do so at the weekend, I promise, but I just had to come here to tell you that I hope you have a most wonderful trip, be able to pull off your surprise and enjoy yourselves to the fullest!
I will be thinking of you this weekend! :thumbsup2: grouphug:

Safe travels!

Ann, I haven't even had time to catch up yet, but I will do so at the weekend, I promise, but I just had to come here to tell you that I hope you have a most wonderful trip, be able to pull off your surprise and enjoy yourselves to the fullest!
I will be thinking of you this weekend! :thumbsup2: grouphug:

Safe travels!

:goodvibes Thanks so much, Karin. It will be a short trip... but I really hope to enjoy it to the fullest.

Ashley, since you posted within some quotes...and if I quote you then...they will not show... Just gonna comment outside of a quote...

Vegas and DLR.... you aren't saying stay in Vegas with your dad, right? The two are still a fair bit of distance apart.

Kira and her pets... well, the germ factor doesn't bug me as much as just the "ewe, they are snakes" factor. Either way though... I don't touch them. :rotfl:

The bacon wrapped asparagus... omg... I can't wait! They are yummy. I would try the recipe that was shared if it were much further out. However... just 6 days and I will get one. I can wait to make them until I am home for a while.

Weather... 104 degrees?! :eek: I don't' think we have broke 70 this week. Course... it has been horribly humid!

Mickey Mail... since it is all I will be getting because I did not book a package through disney... I will have to take it as mickey mail, cause it is the best I will be getting.

PP arrival.... Zoe didn't actually find out about the trip. :rolleyes1 I just thought she might have. Although as each day passes it is getting harder. Zach is now home on "leave" (not true leave, but his new orders don't' start until the day after we get back) He says things and I have to remind him to shush.

Attitude and kids... :rotfl2: While I am sure that what Alexa said was a bit embarrassing... still, it is funny the attitude and things that they say...especially girls.

The room..... I hope it actually ends up looking as nice as the picture shows.

Aladdin show... It is the BEST!!! So I have to get my touring plan set so I don't miss it.

My health update... :blush: I didn't post to the group? Oh no!!! I am sorry. Life has been so crazy. I cant remember where I have or have not shared.

I know they are 4 hours apart. I meant us fly into where he is in Vegas. The company he works for always lets him rent a car, and he always goes to DL for 2-3 days in the middle of his trip. He has to supervise the set up and then the tear down of his booth. It's his concession to not having to wear a coat and tie to actually present that he does the manual labor. So we could fly in, meet him, and the three of us drive over to DL and just stay in whatever hotel he was planning on staying in. On of those, we would probably only have to pay for airfare things, if we told him we wanted to go with him. He's been asking us to meet him out there for years!

The weather has been horrible. They say we have a high pressure system sitting over us. We broke 67 heat record in the south just in June. It's the hottest recorded year on record. They say the only way they think the pressure system will move is if a low happens to come through.... hmmm so in other words a hurricane... that's going to run smack into a high pressure system.... great.. that's how Katrina, Rita, and Gustav happened. lol

And no you didn't post to the group.... You posted that Zoe might have to have surgery, but you didn't even mention your tests but here. But we know your super busy. We were all just worried! And you know some of us are bad Diser's

Such a bad friend...hope you guys are having fun!

You aren't... Um you were gone for a week! lol

Ann, I am so far behind on everyone's threads. Please forgive me.

But I didn't want to miss the opportunity to tell you to have a wonderful time. I can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Hi Ann! I hope you & your family had a fabulous trip!

I feel so bad for not getting back to you with the Carthay Circle info. I haven't had much time to spend on the boards lately, the last month has been a whirlwind! I'm sorry for that. :worried:

I can't wait to read how your vacation went! :hyper:

Popping in to say hi and hope everything is going fabulously!!!

Can't wait to hear how everything went!

Ann, I can't believe I got so far behind with you PTR, I didn't even wish you a good trip. Sorry!

I do hope though that you had a great time and looking forward to hearing how it all went, especially how surprising Zoe went.

I know they are 4 hours apart. I meant us fly into where he is in Vegas. The company he works for always lets him rent a car, and he always goes to DL for 2-3 days in the middle of his trip. He has to supervise the set up and then the tear down of his booth. It's his concession to not having to wear a coat and tie to actually present that he does the manual labor. So we could fly in, meet him, and the three of us drive over to DL and just stay in whatever hotel he was planning on staying in. On of those, we would probably only have to pay for airfare things, if we told him we wanted to go with him. He's been asking us to meet him out there for years!

The weather has been horrible. They say we have a high pressure system sitting over us. We broke 67 heat record in the south just in June. It's the hottest recorded year on record. They say the only way they think the pressure system will move is if a low happens to come through.... hmmm so in other words a hurricane... that's going to run smack into a high pressure system.... great.. that's how Katrina, Rita, and Gustav happened. lol

And no you didn't post to the group.... You posted that Zoe might have to have surgery, but you didn't even mention your tests but here. But we know your super busy. We were all just worried! And you know some of us are bad Diser's

You aren't... Um you were gone for a week! lol
Ah... that makes sense. That would be an awesome plan!

I hope your weather isn't a foreshadowing of things to come (ie. another bad hurricane)!!!!
Ann, I am so far behind on everyone's threads. Please forgive me.

But I didn't want to miss the opportunity to tell you to have a wonderful time. I can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

I totally understand. I am behind too...and now I have a TR to write.. I am just not sure where I am going to find the time.

Thank you for the well wishes... I will be sure and let you know when I start a TR

Ann, I hope you are enjoying your trip!!!:)

It was good, I will start a TR soon and tell ya all about it. ;)

Hi Ann! I hope you & your family had a fabulous trip!

I feel so bad for not getting back to you with the Carthay Circle info. I haven't had much time to spend on the boards lately, the last month has been a whirlwind! I'm sorry for that. :worried:

I can't wait to read how your vacation went! :hyper:

No worries what so ever! I understand time flying by. Can't believe it was a week ago already that we were all packing into the car on our way out.

Popping in to say hi and hope everything is going fabulously!!!

Can't wait to hear how everything went!

:goodvibes Thanks so much! I will start a TR soon.

Ann, I can't believe I got so far behind with you PTR, I didn't even wish you a good trip. Sorry!

I do hope though that you had a great time and looking forward to hearing how it all went, especially how surprising Zoe went.

It is very easy to get behind. I subscribe to many threads that I want to keep up on but some move so fast I feel like I would have to read all day just to keep up with them. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter