You Want to Go Where? A 4th of July Weekend PTR

annmarieda

DIS Veteran
Since I am so excited, I am not entirely sure where to start. :scratchin I don't' have time just yet to do introductions. I have been promising to write a PTR for a trip that I have been planning for the last few months and I will start that (on the World side of dis) but since this trip is coming up so quick, I thought I should start here. Bear with me while I gather my thoughts over the next few days and take a breath... cause I am super excited. :dance3:

Hotel is booked.....

Airfare is booked....

And myself and my travel companions (soon to be disclosed) are headed to Disneyland!

Yay!!! You're coming to my neck of the woods! :cool1:

I'm not sure if you're already super familiar with the area or not, but if you have any questions about DLR I'd be happy to help!

I can't wait to read about what you have planned! :goodvibes

How exciting, Ann. Can't wait to read all about it (and thanks for the heads up).

Another Ann trip! Yeah!!!!!!! :woohoo:

I AM IN!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

:woohoo:

Yay!!! You're coming to my neck of the woods! :cool1:

I'm not sure if you're already super familiar with the area or not, but if you have any questions about DLR I'd be happy to help!

I can't wait to read about what you have planned! :goodvibes

I haven't been to DL in almost 6 years. So many changes, I feel like I am a total newbie!

How exciting, Ann. Can't wait to read all about it (and thanks for the heads up).

So glad you are here!

I can't wait to read about your excursion to DLR.

I miss it greatly and will have to live vicariously through you!

Where are you staying? We're arriving on the 4th and staying through that following Mon. Maybe we'll see you there.

I officially hate you...:rotfl: but I am following along for the air travel drama! :rotfl2:

I can't wait to read about your excursion to DLR.

I miss it greatly and will have to live vicariously through you!

I truly love WDW and haven't missed DL... but I am really really excited.

Where are you staying? We're arriving on the 4th and staying through that following Mon. Maybe we'll see you there.

Just a cheapo. I will list full details soon. I promise. I will say it is just across the street. :woohoo:

So you will be there that weekend too... Do you think it is going to be REALLY busy.. We were at WDW close to Christmas this year and I was :eek: at the crowds

I officially hate you...:rotfl: but I am following along for the air travel drama! :rotfl2:

Oh and you know there will be some!!! :rotfl2:
Subscribing! Even though I rarely hit the DIS anymore.

So glad you are here!!!

Joining in!!! Wow!!! Just over a month! How exciting!!!

glad you are joining... yes.. a month... :faint:

I miss DLR because it's small and manageable. I loved taking day trips down there when I was in college.

I'm uber jealous that you get to see Carsland.

So lets start off with some intros. Some of you know my family pretty well by now... but not everyone does so for those who dont...

My name is Ann. I am 42 years old. (how come each time a do a report that number has to change? :confused:) I work as a in store field rep.(vendor who puts in advertisements and promos) I have been married to my husband for ages. We began dating when I was just 17, so you can do the math. ;) I think I always loved Disney even before our first family trip to DL. We watched all the movies with the kids and I had lots of character merchandise. After our first family trip to DL though I was absolutely hooked on the parks and I now try to get back at least once a year. This year will be a very unusual 12 months. A trip to WDW at Christmas and then this trip and then in the fall a trip back to WDW. (I WILL be starting that PTR soon)

Yes, a cheesy bathroom pic. But.. despite the fact that we had a long vacation just in December, there really isn't many good pictures of me.
IMG_1183.jpg

Next there will be my normally reluctant, closet loving Disney husband. He HATES getting involved with any sort of trip planning. He LOVES that I take all that ocd energy i have and put it here on the dis boards. He too is 42. He works as a software engineer.

Here he is in his favorite vacation past time. Why does he like Disney vacations? I am not sure. :confused:
IMG_1039.jpg

Of course there must be a princess on our Disney vacation and that princess is our youngest dd Zoe. She loves to travel with me. She is 7 and up until recently loved all things pink and princess. Now though, her tastes/interestes are begining to change.:sad1: Zoe was born with a birth defect that is always causing challenges with her health. She is a trooper though and doesn't let much slow her down.

IMG_1059.jpg

My next family member is probably not going to be too excited to be going... to disney... aaaaaaah gain. :rolleyes: I wish I could do a proper 16 year old boy impression, but if any of you out there have one.. you probably know just what I am talking about. I doubt he has a favorite color let a lone a favorite disney character. Still, maybe Alex will be a bit more excited this trip than he was on our last because of the next person to join us.

Here is Alex
P1050607.jpg

Next there will be our oldest son, Zach. He is in the military. (National Guard) He was not able to go with us on our December trip and I really did miss him. Zach is 19.

Yes, he is the KING of cheesy bathroom pics.
0909011701.jpg

The word is still out in if Kira (our oldest will join us) I don't know that she will. 1. She isn't particularly fond of her "stinky" brothers. Fun to her does not involve spending time with them. 2. She is going on the fall trip. Kira is married (she just passed her one year anniversary). Her dh would not be going (I dont' think) She and Josh (her dh) share a birthday. They are both 21 years old. (Josh is minutes older than her) They were married last May in a local movie theater (think old... not regal/amc etc)
258346_2062843818087_1454472788_4291237_7198685_o.jpg

And since I am snagging pictures from her off her facebook account I will post a really old one of the two of them. (they have known eachother since they were 10..dated since they were 15)
286482_2300922049894_1454472788_4558379_1328783783_o.jpg

I miss DLR because it's small and manageable. I loved taking day trips down there when I was in college.

I'm uber jealous that you get to see Carsland.

It has been so long since I have been there. I remember that our trips to DLR were never were as long as the ones we nee to take to WDW. I wonder though... 3 days? Will it be enough park time with all the new things?

It should be. E and I covered all the highlights at Disneyland AND DCA in one day. Everything is SO CLOSE out there.

And in my own personal opinion... FP works WAY better out there than at WDW.

Now for those of you who know my family, this may be the shock of a life time. Although based on the title of this PTR, I am sure not as shocking as it could be.

Lets back up by a little more than a week. We (Steve and I) were trying to come up with a plan for the long holiday weekend. Out of no where Steve mentioned that we go to DLR. :confused3 Well, I had no intention on really planning a trip before my one this fall. Well.. at least not a big one. Maybe a little road trip or something of that nature. So I dismissed that idea and focused on maybe a trip over to the other side of the state to see family. As the week progressed though, it became clear that I would need to work and thus "our" long weekend was no longer going to happen.

Friday I received an email regarding Zoe's alaska mileage plan. It noted that there had been no activity on it in too long and if none were to take place soon (like in the next few months) the account would be closed and all points lost. Airfare is something I dare say I play with as a hobby. I "finagle" things with it all the time looking for the best way for me and or mine to get somewhere on very little oop. I count on having mileage points to do this. So the idea of losing all those points... :scared1:

The first thing I did was look into how many points were needed to fly to Orlando. Seems logical, right? :rolleyes: After all, I have a trip planned for the fall that I yet to have our flights for. Of course, the difference in needed points was too much as was the flight. It didn't make sense.

Next step, was I asked Steve what he thought. I was really thinking.. maybe we fly to the other side of the state or somewhere on the west coast. Imagine my shock when he said "ya know, it has been a long time since we have been to Disneyland. Why not go there. " :faint:

Ok, so I look and sure enough it would work. Then the thought that Zach is home and he is eligible for the military tickets.:idea:

I spent a few days "mulling it over" and also making sure that Steve was actually aware of what he suggested. Each time I asked him "are you sure" He said "yeah, sure. We haven't been there in a long time"

:scrachin he is aware that we were JUST in WDW together right? :confused:

Okay, Okay... I digress. I know DLR and WDW are different...especially with all the new stuff (I mean.. World of Color and the Little Mermaid ride and the submarine ride...all those are "new" to us)

The last time I asked him, I noted that he is correct and we haven't seen the Aladdin show in a very long time. (a personal favorite for both of us) I knew he was sure when his entire demeanor changed and his face melted and he said "ohhhh, I LOVE that show".

One last tid bit that I forgot to mention to all my dis friends is that Steve is possibly getting a new job. This could mean having a bit of a break when the switch happens. If he doesn't switch, then the company he currently works for has decided to give them all a week of for the 4th of July. My work schedule is such that the weekend will be perfect timing to take a few days off. So I knew I had to look around the week of the 4th of July.

So I sat down and did the research and booked last night. :woohoo: What did I come up with? Stay tuned.... :rolleyes1

It should be. E and I covered all the highlights at Disneyland AND DCA in one day. Everything is SO CLOSE out there.

And in my own personal opinion... FP works WAY better out there than at WDW.

That is good to know. I figured we could spend one day in DL and then one in DCA and then have the third to mix between the two.

Rather than string you all along as I share with you how I came up with all I did, I thought I would at least give you the basics.

When: 7/6 to 7/10
Where we are staying: Desert Inn and Suites
Tickets: 3 day military park hopper

Oh, and one last basic I forgot to mention....

We are surprising Zoe and Alex.

OOOOH! A surprise! How exciting!!

Since you're planning a trip to WDW later this year, have you considered getting the Premier pass for maybe just one of you? At DL, you get discounts on merchandise (20%), food (10-15%) and even some of the good neighbor hotels with an AP. The discounts alone are worth it for us. I like to shop. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts