~*You say it's my 30th birthday...*~

CrAzY4DL

Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!
A PTR 30 years (almost!) in the making!

Back Story:

My name is CJ and I have been married almost 12 years to my high school sweetheart Josh. We have 2 amazing daughters, Delaney age 9 and Jylian age 5. Our last family trip to the Land was February of 2006. My last time at the Land was in April of 2007 for Jylian’s 4th birthday (well, she was 3 weeks shy of being 4…).

Growing up, all of our family trips were to Disneyland, Pismo and Rio Vista for boating and fishing. My parents honeymooned there. And in 2001, I got bit by the bug! I started planning a massive trip for Delaney’s 3rd birthday in 2002, which included us 3, hubby’s parents, his brother and his girlfriend, his sister and her ex-girlfriend (also a family friend), his aunt, and my parents. Yeah, I’m an only child so my side was representin’ as much as it could, haha! We stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. That trip went as well as could be expected with such a large group of people.

In 2003, my mom and I took Delaney to the Land for a few days and then hubby and I took her again in 2004. Jyl missed both of those trips BUT was in my tum for 2002 trip!

While planning our “annual” trip for 2005, I thought, Hmm I could get us annual passes and that would be cheaper than getting park hoppers this year and next year, so I did that, fully intending to use those APs for 2 trips, almost 1 year apart. Yeah, that didn’t happen!! First trip was November 2005 and again my parents went and we took Delaney’s cousin (they are 2 months apart so both were 6 at the time) and again, Jylian stayed home. Josh was very adamant that Jyl not go before she was 3 because Delaney didn’t go until she was 3 and he wanted to be fair and yada yada yada. Poor kid!! So, that trip was fun (the week after Thanksgiving) and we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the amazing $89 AP nightly rate (woot woot!!!) and we really enjoyed it. I had already hatched a plan to come back soon tho!!

So, less than 2 weeks later, me and new SIL brought our two 2 year olds (Jyl and Katie) and stayed for one night/2 days. Nicole fell down in the Disneyland Hotel and broke her thumb at check-in so that truly sucked. She was such a trooper tho!! After being at the ER for 3 hours she came back and said “Let’s hit Disneyland!” Who would do that?!?!

A few weeks later I was back again this time for a grown-up trip, just me and friend Nancy. We stayed at the Anaheim Plaza and had a great time. So, that’s 1 trip Nov. 20-24, one trip Dec. 4-6 and one trip December 16-18. And that was just 2005!!

In 2006, the girls and I came with MIL January 3-5th and once again we stayed at the Dis Hotel. LOOOOVE this hotel and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the $89 AP rate!!! Sure do miss that!

Came back again February 12-15 as a family of 4 for the first time ever and were joined by Nancy and her family. We stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel again and Nancy and her family of 6 stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites.

Josh and I took an adults only trip in March for his 29th birthday, where we spent 2 days at the park and then hit some surrounding beaches and towns. We stayed for the first time at the Lemon Tree Hotel in a room with a Jacuzzi tub in the room. Was really nice and special!

In May Jyl and I went for her 3rd birthday, 5 days before her birthday (still free, woohoo!!) and took my grandparents who had been married for 50 years and never been. That trip was NOT great. My grandparents, I love them, but love to complain. We went on 5 rides in 3 days and all I ever heard was “everything here is Disney. There’s too many people. Etc.” Again, we stayed at the Lemon Tree. Love this hotel!!

My last trip during the year of the AP was in July. Josh and I went July 14-16. We both hit the park on Friday the 14th and then he went to LA on the 15th for a Dodger game with my dad while I hit the park by myself. Let me tell you, July is NASTY in Southern CaLi!!! Blech!!!

I was kind of sad when the year of APs were over but I was also relieved. That was a lot of Disney in one year!!! A lot of wear and tear on my van (we are about 350 miles north of Anaheim) and just a lot of planning and money. So, I didn’t mention Disney again for a long time. Then, in 2007 the whole “Adults Play for the Kid’s Price” promotion came out and I STILL didn’t say anything. Josh says to me, “I’m really surprised that you haven’t mentioned taking Jyl to Disneyland with this new promotion” (Delaney is waaaay burnt out on Disneyland while Jyl was MADE for Disneyland! Or maybe it was made for her!). That was all I needed to get my motor turning. So, because Jyl’s last trip was so sad with the great-grandparents and she never even complained ONCE during that trip or after, I thought it would be a splendid idea. You can read that trip report, the link is in my signature.

Ok, I'm done for tonight. Will leave you with some pics of us crazy peeps!
Girls1.jpg
[/IMG]

This is us in 1993. Love this pic!
US-1.jpg
[/IMG]

After being at the ER for 3 hours she came back and said “Let’s hit Disneyland!” Who would do that?!?!

In the parking lot of our county fair I squished my four year old daughters fingers IN THE CAR DOOR :scared1:

After her trip to the ER she too said, "Mommy, can we go on the rides now?"

:hug:

Great start... SUBBING!

So, all of those prior trips have led us here. About a year ago, I mentioned Disneyland to Josh and he said, uh uh count me out and then I countered with, but for my 30th birthday....and of course he caved. Can't miss my 30th birthday!!!

**We started dating when I was just turned 14 and he was 4 months from 16 and we were married 4 days after my 18th birthday. :goodvibes **

I didn't really plan a whole lot over the year but did come back to my 2 message board staples-DIS and one other, I don't know if I am allowed to mention it here...I became really fixated on staying at the HoJo so I booked us there AND at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel (for a savings of over $200...) and called it good.

In July, Josh and I took a cruise to Mexico with 8 friends and had SUCH a good time!! Josh wanted to do another cruise immediately so I booked us on Carnival for 10/24-10/27 which works out perfectly!! We are going with 4 friends this time and the dynamics of this group are so awesome-I am expecting no drama, no whining, no fights. Which are always good things to expect out of grownups! My parents are driving down to Anaheim with our girls on Monday, 10/27. I have changed our reservations (well, not really! I still need to call and cancel at HoJo AND Plaza!) and booked us at the Lemon Tree, for the first time in an Executive One Bedroom Apartment, which sounds fun and perfect!! I am hoping on Monday, when we get off the ship, to hit a Southern LA Costco and purchase 3 Deluxe APs and then when my parents and girls get to town, heading to Disneyland to get those all situated before an actual *Disney* day. Josh only gets a 2 day parkhopper.

On Monday, my dad and Josh want to eat at ESPN Zone to watch the World Series so after dinner, while they are still grubbing, me and the girls will head out to get our AP pictures done. BUT NO RIDES!!! That's going to be hard! Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be at the parks and we have one PS and that is Wednesday, 10/29, at Cafe Orleans for my birthday. Monte Cristo, woot woot!

Our *MUST-DO* List:
Finding Nemo Subs (new to all of us)
Toy Story Mania (new to all of us)
Pirates of the Caribbean (my #1 ride!)
My entire family on Tower of Terror (plus my dad, but not my mom)
Family photo in our softball shirts in front of castle for Christmas card
Splash Mountain (I haven't been on it since 1992!)
Jungle Cruise at night (never done at night)

Well, I canceled all of my reservations at the HoJo and at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel yesterday. Was weird!! I had booked some rooms in December that I don't remember doing...hahaha.

Josh's parents officially are not going. I've known for awhile that his dad was hemming and hawing around but he finally came out and said so the other day. I was actually a little concerned because they like to bicker with each other so I was thinking it might get a little tense...

I am really nervous for huge crowds!! I can handle it but my dad is easily irritated at Disneyland and I would hate for him to have a bad time. So, fingers crossed that nothing sets anyone off!!

My kids keep asking me what I want for my birthday and I told them both that all I want is for them to not fight the entire week we are there and to pretend that they like each other more than anyone else. I just don't want to deal with whining and tattling at my Happy Place, darnit!! HAHAHAHA

So, that's it for now. We leave for cruise on the 24th (woot woot 6 days!!) and will be in Disneyland in 10!!!

I think this year my kids are going to sign a contract. When we took Delaney and her cousin when they were 6 I had them do this and for the most part, that trip went very well.

Here's to hoping!!! :wizard:

I think this year my kids are going to sign a contract. When we took Delaney and her cousin when they were 6 I had them do this and for the most part, that trip went very well.

Here's to hoping!!! :wizard:

good idea! IT's amazing how well kids will behave when they had a hand in making the rules. For instance: we gave our DD"s this deal: You may have a baked good snack and an ice cream snack today. YOU PICK WHEN.

DDB chose ice cream for breakfast. No problem!

DDC chose cinn roll for breakfast. No problem!

The rest of the day they NEVER asked me for a treat becaUse they knew they were in charge of when their next treat came but also that it would be their ONLY other treat! so 2 hours later when they wanted a treat I said, "SURE, no problem!" but then I reminded them that was it and they held out.. they didn't even bother me. They were totally tormenting THEMSELVES all day with when they should pick to have their treat time. IT was a riot. I will ALWAYS use this stratagy. It was outstanding.

Gaaaa!! Vacation starts in less than 2 days!!! In fact, vacay starts tomorrow for DH!! He is taking his motorcycle driving test at 1:30 so hope that goes well for him as well.

Thursday night, it's game 2 of the World Series so we are having a few friends over for dinner (making my first ever pot roast!) and to watch the game. Friday, DH will take the girls to school while I pack up the van with our stuff for the cruise and the suitcases of the 2 peeps riding with us, Bobby (my cousin) and Nicole (my BFF and our SIL). Cruise is Friday-Monday and then straight to Anaheim on Monday. Have decided that the girls and I will go to Disneyland after dinner Monday to get our APs done so we don't have to deal with it during our "real" days, hahaha. Hubby also said he would hang out DTD on Thursday if me and the girls wanted to do some girl Disney time. Wow, what a sweetie, no?!

I will be writing a TR for our cruise but didn't know if anyone wanted me to post it here. Anyone interested? I can't even recall if I have mentioned it here yet....HAHAHAHA

Ahhh I see I DID mention the cruise! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Here is a pic of the 10 of us on the July cruise...different cruise line this time, same destination and 3 of the 4 friends going have never done cruise before.

102_0157.jpg
[/IMG]

4Ladies.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh how much fun! I would love to go on a cruise someday...and then Disneyland too! :cool1: Can't wait to read more!!!

I've just seen my first cruise pics recently and I'd love to see more. :cool1:

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!