You really need to make reservations at Margaritaville

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
Back a few days ago from Universal. Had a great time and will post more when I get caught up a bit at work. I had great advice on this board but I wanted to make one point. At this time of year, Margaritaville is crazy-busy. We had reservations at Finnegans (for St. Pat's day), Mythos and Tschop Chop, but didn't make reservations at Margaritaville because I thought they weren't necessary. We went by there a few times and there were always long waits; one night I tried to get dinner reservations for the next day and nothing was available. I was able to get lunch reservations for our last day.

So when in doubt, call ahead. (BTW< I had a very very yummy mango margarita there!)

were you staying onsite? we are staying onsite at the end of april, and if we need to do a little prior planning, it would be nice to know. thanks.

Yes, we were at the Royal Pacific. They take "priority seating" type of reservations (first available table once you arrive.) There was pretty much a 90 minute wait for dinner every night. When I tried to get dinner reservations for the next night, they only had 5:30 pm available. It's not a call 180 days in advance issue like at Disney, but I had heard that you could just walk in, which may be the case at slow times, but wasn't during spring break.

were you staying onsite? we are staying onsite at the end of april, and if we need to do a little prior planning, it would be nice to know. thanks.

end of april is not AS busy, this is spring break and a busy time......if you have any doubts, stop on the first day on your way to the parks and see what their schedule looks like - you should be able to get in without a problem

Can someone please post how I go about making a dinner reservation at this restaurant?

Is there a certain number to call and how many days in advance can you do this?

I have eaten here three times so far but always during off season.

Thank you

Yikes!!! Do I need to make reservations...We will be there April 14 - 18th and I hadn't even thought about reservations.

Have I mentioned how excited I am?

Sometimes during Spring Break you aren't even ALLOWED to make reservations at Margaritaville. This happened to us during Spring Break in 2004. Not sure what the case is now, but back then, Mville blocked out the dates that they would not accept reservations.

The week we were there in June we made reservations at Margaritaville and still waited for over a half hour.We noticed that several of the clubs and restaurants were closed at different times due to corporate bookings. Two of the nights we were there they had the club area blocked off for private parties.

Sorry Missypie! I was the one saying you shouldn't need reservations on other threads. Usually if there is a crowd, showing your room key will get you seated quickly.

For those asking about reservations, one strategy is to stop by the restaurant in the morning when you arrive at Citywalk, and make your dinner reservation then. We've done that when staying off property with a large group. Another idea is for those staying on property (PBH, HRH or RPR), check at your hotel's concierge desk and ask about making a dinner reservation for a Citywalk restaurant.

Missypie, I have a quick follow-up question. Do you know how crowded the other Citywalk restaurants were?

Sorry Missypie! I was the one saying you shouldn't need reservations on other threads. Usually if there is a crowd, showing your room key will get you seated quickly.

For those asking about reservations, one strategy is to stop by the restaurant in the morning when you arrive at Citywalk, and make your dinner reservation then. We've done that when staying off property with a large group. Another idea is for those staying on property (PBH, HRH or RPR), check at your hotel's concierge desk and ask about making a dinner reservation for a Citywalk restaurant.

Missypie, I have a quick follow-up question. Do you know how crowded the other Citywalk restaurants were?

Sorry, but I don't know about the other restaurants. We were only there 4 days, so we could only hit so many of the restaurants!

I did call the RPH concierge one evening and they said they could not make reservations for Margaritaville.

As someone else mentioned, I heard someone else complaining mightily because some of the restaurants were closed for private events.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal like at Cinderella's Castle, but if you're there duing a busy time, plan ahead a bit.

Sorry, but I don't know about the other restaurants. We were only there 4 days, so we could only hit so many of the restaurants!.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did call the RPH concierge one evening and they said they could not make reservations for Margaritaville..

I wonder if this is because the hotels are owned by Loews and Citywalk is owned by Universal. I'll have to inquire about it when I'm there in May.

As someone else mentioned, I heard someone else complaining mightily because some of the restaurants were closed for private events..

They've done this in the past and I hope it doesn't become more common in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter