You MUST record video in landscape format - Pete told you so!

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
Thanks @WebmasterPete for letting everyone know the correct way to record video on a smart phone - in Landscape and not portrait.

This really bothers me to no end when I see videos that have to have borders on the sides.

TVs are in landscape format ... movie screens are in landscape format ... everyone's videos should be as well.

You heard it from Pete people!

Attachments

• 940966_10209225398336260_7688428169502252956_n.jpg
    940966_10209225398336260_7688428169502252956_n.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
The only thing with this is that recording Periscope is fine landscape on your phone, but if you download it on your computer it's sideways. So, putting it on You Tube wouldn't work after Periscoping something. Unless someone has a fix for it?

I mostly Periscope landscape, but once in a while I'll Periscope portrait so I can keep the recording and watch it without having to tilt my head.

You left out one phrase that I believe John made, and I'm paraphrasing here... 'when escaping from a burning building'

Portrait videos are the worst.
However, in instances where things are happening quickly and you just want/need to quickly capture something, holding the phone as you would in your hand and shooting portrait is just easier.

Which is why all these frantic videos in bad situations are always shot that way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter