You may want to reconfirm your ressies

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We had to kind of piece together our reservations over Christmas. After many tries, I was finally able to get a preferred site for 12/25 to 1/2, but we wanted to arrive on the 23rd. I was then able to book the 23rd & 24th, but only for a full hook-up. After obsessively continuing to call twice a day, I finally was able to upgrade the full hook-up to a preferred site. I'm sure you're wondering by now, why I boring you with my mundane story. It's because when I upgraded to the preferred site, I was told that the deposit for the full hook-up site would be transferred to the new ressie. At this same time, I paid an additional $5.58 to make up for the difference. I received my modified reservation statement in the mail today, and noticed that the $5.58 had been added to the ressie that had not been changed. Concerned that I would now have an insufficient deposit on the upgraded nights, and have it cancelled, I called to inquire as to why the additional money had been added to the wrong ressie, and to make sure the 2 nights hadn't been cancelled. Boy am I glad I did!!! After much confusion, I found out that for some reason the deposit on the 8 night stay had been transferred to the 2 night stay. The deposit on the full hook-up site had not been transferred at all, but refunded. I found out the only deposit on my 8 night stay, was the $5.58, and I assume it would have been cancelled if I hadn't called. :eek: I said all of this to warn all of you with more than one ressie at the same time, or anyone who had modified their original ressie.

Sorry so long, but I thought I'd share my experience, hoping that noone shows up at FW, to find out that they didn't even have a ressie, because of a mistake that WDW travel made.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the heads up tarheelmjfan. It sure makes me want to confirm my reservation!!

I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to confirming things. A couple of times it's been a good thing too!

It does pay to follow up and be thorough. My DW has saved my bacon more times than I want to admit. Thanks for the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter