You just lost 80 pounds! What are you Going to do next? Ending TR

continued from the previous post.....

It wasn't too pricey and I thought it went really well with what I was wearing, maybe even better than the one I brought to wear with the dress. :goodvibes
I was glad the one I brought wasn't one that I had bought specifically for the trip, it was an older one that I thought went with the outfit, but not perfectly. So this was a win, win! I love souviees that you can use more than once or one's that don't scream it came from Disney World, when you wear it, it's then only special to you. :goodvibes
Mackie found some more bracelets that she wanted to pick out for a couple of friends back home. She had gotten one for herself when we were at the Poly the night before and found them again at this store. It's the one she has on in this picture....

Hope you can tell what it is. For some reason I could get this picture to zoom in for the shirt and save it, but for some reason I couldn't figure out how to zoom in on the bracelet and save that. <shaking head at self>

We ventured around a bit, watched a few characters interact with the crowds, rode a lot of rides before lunch, ate again at BOG, separated for a while from Maroo, rode more rides and did some shopping and then met up again with Maroo. and then I know we high tailed it out of there to the Poly.

Once we pulled up to the resort on the Monorail I told the gals I wanted to get a drink. So, I left them to get something yummy from the bar, while I was there I ended up meeting a lovely couple who both worked and met at Disney.
They said they've met and made a lot of wonderful friends over the years working there and loved having a chance to meet so many nice people.
We had a great time just chatting and drinking our drinks, I think I had a back scratcher (not too shabby) and thought I liked it better than the Lapu-lapu. :duck: That's right, I liked it better, not nearly as overly sweet, but certainly strong! :laughing: I had another but couldn't tell you what it was. :confused3

After about an hour Mackie came and got me when Poolrat Pat showed up!!! :banana: :woohoo:
I managed to saunter over (after two drinks ***hiccup***) without tripping, to finally see Pat who I hadn't seen in a few years.
As I walking over to her she didn't even recognize me! :goodvibes That felt really good.
The last Pat and I had met she had seen me with all the weight still on. I think she didn't quiet know what to make of me. :laughing: Well, in all honesty I think that's what most people are thinking when they meet me, but this was even more so! :rotfl:

We were supposed to have Dawn and little Meadow join us that evening but Dawn text and said she didn't think Meadow could make it through the night so they were going to bow out for the evening and go back to their room. No biggie I text her, it's better to take care of the little princess so their next day would be a good one. :)

As we wait for our table we all chatted, introduced and caught up and then we were called in to eat....

We had pretty good servers, very efficient, very quick but not much charm to speak of. The entertainment was interesting, hadn't heard or seen that before so this was something new. But the best part of our entertainment that evening was the guy who brought over our salad.

Just so you understand why this was so funny.....Pat has some food allergies and food sensitivities, something that seem to have come on in recent years and explained why she was dealing with a some health issues she had been having. Now that she was in the know she knew to inform the staff so she could be informed about what was in what so she could decide how much of what she could or couldn't have.
Of course when anyone working there hears there are sensitivities they all lump it all in the allergic category and try and keep Pat away from all of it, as did the salad guy.
He comes up to our table like a bat out of you know where, he actually startled me at first because of how quick he was, he was a small statured kind of guy, possibly Cuban, heavy accent, abruptly puts the salad bowl on the table and said enjoy the salad, looks at Pat and then abruptly swishes it away from her and says....."But not for you!"
Now mind you, with his heavy accent it just made the whole thing even more hilarious. Why? I couldn't tell you. :rotfl2: :rotfl: We all look at one another and say the exact same thing as he did, word for word, and then we all bust out laughing! :rotfl:

I lied! I didn't take a couple of photos with my phone, but sadly not pictures that I wish I would have taken that evening. I blame it on the booze. :rolleyes:

Our lovely Pat....

You can see Maroo's purple shirt in the picture, the only part of her I was allowed to get in pictures.

And my little fart blossom....

Not hunching over. :rolleyes: The only other one I have is her sitting all hunched over, the stinker. :sad2:

All in all we had a good time, shared some laughs, had a great dinner and then we all parted ways. I want to say Mackie and I went back to the park but I don't think we did. I think we went back to the room and had an early night, but because I don't have any pictures to prove it.....I have no flippin idea what we did that night! :rotfl:

I do know for sure the next day is Animal Kingdom day and I have lots of pictures to prove it. :goodvibes

And that's day 6! :)

Be blessed y'all.

So good to see a post from you again.

Grieving is different for everyone. You must move through these days at your pace and in your way. Thank you for being honest with us!

Do you have another trip planned?

Maroo might not have let you get anything but her purple shirt, but PhotoPass provided us a nice shot of her on Splash Mountain. At least she looks awake in the picture -- you look like you are sleeping and Mackie looks like she is yawning!

Oh my goodness!! I fell in love with you from your first post and it's grown throughout your journey!!:goodvibes:

First off I am so sorry for your loss. Even when you are frustrated or exasperated, having fun, sharing holidays, thinking you know more than she does, (even though I never did), with your Mom it's such a hard thing to lose her!! I can't tell you how often I wish I could pick up the phone and have one more conversation with her. ((((((HUGS))))))

Your daughter is so beautiful and seems to be a lovely person on the inside also!! How wonderful that you could have this trip together!!

I was born and raised 23 miles east of San Francisco and my Dad still lives there, in the same house!! I've also lived in Sacramento and several other places. Seven years ago I moved to Texas. I used to be pretty close to you in the Fort Hood area but am now near Dallas. You are so right when you say people either love or hate Texas. After visiting my Dad in CA for two weeks last month I love Texas even more than I did before, lol.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to let you know a few reasons you have touched me so deeply. I also continually have battled my weight and have pulled it back to me and away from Gods hands which ends in failure every time.

Looking forward to more and do you have October dates yet? I'll be there in October also.

So good to see a post from you again.

Grieving is different for everyone. You must move through these days at your pace and in your way. Thank you for being honest with us!

Do you have another trip planned?

Maroo might not have let you get anything but her purple shirt, but PhotoPass provided us a nice shot of her on Splash Mountain. At least she looks awake in the picture -- you look like you are sleeping and Mackie looks like she is yawning!

Thank you, Debbie. I've thought a lot about you here of late and thought about PM you for your phone number. I would really love to talk some time soon, if that's okay with you. :)

And thank you for understanding that I have my own pace of handling things with the loss of my mom.

I have a trip planned for my son and I this next May. :goodvibes We're celebrating his graduating from college, just two of us.

Yes, I'm glad we got at least one picture of Maroo that day, even if it was PP+ that got her. :laughing: And yes, that's Mackie's and my goofy way on Splash. We tried to come up with different things to do on it to make the pictures more fun, but some of it just came out lame. :rotfl:

O'Hana was a fun dinner even if I was basically told
"no salad for you " from the server. :lmao:
When I did discuss with the chef modifications, I had to have special chicken but I wasn't told NOT to have the salad. That added to the surprise when he brought the salad. :rotfl2:

I do remember it getting hot on that trip so I knew I had to get out of the heat often.

I spotted Mackie first when I arrived and yes I could have walked up to the bar and been right next to you and not realized it was you.

It is totally okay that the TR is running over a year. I like to think of it as a way to continue to relive the magic before you go on another trip. ;)

I have to make sure I do the train next time! I always pass by it, and then I go "aw man!" when I think about it.

I'm not gonna lie, I mainly drink the Lapu Lapu just so everyone can look at me drinking out of a pineapple. :rotfl2:

Hahahaha. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Ooooooh la la!!! Been thinking about you!! ::yes:::goodvibes

Thanks, babe. It's always so good to see you on here. I miss you being here telling your crazy stories. And she has some, folks. :rotfl:

Oh my goodness!! I fell in love with you from your first post and it's grown throughout your journey!!:goodvibes:

OMGoodness, you are so sweet.

:welcome: party: :welcome:

First off I am so sorry for your loss. Even when you are frustrated or exasperated, having fun, sharing holidays, thinking you know more than she does, (even though I never did), with your Mom it's such a hard thing to lose her!! I can't tell you how often I wish I could pick up the phone and have one more conversation with her. ((((((HUGS))))))

Thank you so much. :lovestruc I think it hit me the hardest when I could no longer talk to her, my mom and I would go long periods of time between talking because she was a person who would be around for a while and then hide out away from people for a while, sometimes it would be a month or better before I'd hear from her. No joke. Well, after her passing it was such a relief from all the stress of her being in pain and not knowing when it would happen, that it honestly took a good four to five months to pass before I was at the point I wanted to talk to her again. I know how strange that all sounds, but that's how things were between my mom and I. But of course me wanting to pick up the phone and thinking...."I should check up on mom, I haven't heard from her in a while." wasn't to be. I couldn't do that any more, I didn't need to do that any more. :guilty:

It took me a while to bounce back from that. :worried:

Your daughter is so beautiful and seems to be a lovely person on the inside also!! How wonderful that you could have this trip together!!

Thank you, I think she's pretty darn special, but then I'm kind partial to her. :goodvibes

I was born and raised 23 miles east of San Francisco and my Dad still lives there, in the same house!! I've also lived in Sacramento and several other places. Seven years ago I moved to Texas. I used to be pretty close to you in the Fort Hood area but am now near Dallas. You are so right when you say people either love or hate Texas. After visiting my Dad in CA for two weeks last month I love Texas even more than I did before, lol.

We do have a lot of similar things in our lives. What brought you to Texas?!? As you probably read, my inlaws are in the Sacramento area and my SIL is in the Bay area.
I try and avoid Calif. at all costs now. Even with family there I don't really like being there, unless it's near Disneyland and then I'm all for it!! :laughing:

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to let you know a few reasons you have touched me so deeply. I also continually have battled my weight and have pulled it back to me and away from Gods hands which ends in failure every time.

I wish I knew your name, I so want to encourage you right now. No matter what please dont' beat up on yourself, it does no good. Know this..... it is NEVER too late to hand it back to the Lord. He's always waiting there for us to turn to Him and ask Papa God's advice and help. He's a pretty loving and good God that way. :goodvibes
And don't worry about the novel, I love it. I love having new readers and I love having people feel comfortable to share their lives with me. :goodvibes It's an honor and it totally makes my day. :)

Looking forward to more and do you have October dates yet? I'll be there in October also.

The Oct. dates fell through so my son and I are planning a Mom/Son trip together for next May. :cool1: We'll be celebrating his graduating from Texas A&M. :cheer2:

When do you get to go?!? :hyper:

O'Hana was a fun dinner even if I was basically told
"no salad for you " from the server. :lmao:
When I did discuss with the chef modifications, I had to have special chicken but I wasn't told NOT to have the salad. That added to the surprise when he brought the salad. :rotfl2:

That was such a hilarious moment. One I'll never forget. :rotfl:
I'm so glad you got to be there with us, I know how tired and run down you were from your crazy work schedule back then. I sure hope you got the rest you needed from that trip and I'm so honored you still made time to be with all of us in spite of all that was going on in your life. :goodvibes

I do remember it getting hot on that trip so I knew I had to get out of the heat often.

I spotted Mackie first when I arrived and yes I could have walked up to the bar and been right next to you and not realized it was you.

It did get pretty warm for a few days, I think you came in when it stared heating back up, you probably weren't aware there was a nice cool front that had blown in the night before Mackie and I had gotten there. It was sooo nice to be in WDW with it being nice and cool.

I didn't realize you recognized Mackie when you arrived, it must have been the pictures I posted on our PTR, even still I'm sure it wasn't easy making her out since she had grown so much from our last trip. It's amazing how much they change even in three years. I know she was sure happy to be meeting you, she's heard all about you and Maroo for years and was excited to meet some of the people I care about and love so much from the Dis. :goodvibes

It is totally okay that the TR is running over a year. I like to think of it as a way to continue to relive the magic before you go on another trip. ;)

That's a good point. I hope I don't feel a bit burned out and feel like it's an old soft shoe by the time we go back due to writing the TR. :scared:

I have to make sure I do the train next time! I always pass by it, and then I go "aw man!" when I think about it.

If it's our first full day in MK we walk up Main St., you have to. :goodvibes But any other point in the trip we pretty much go straight up the stairs and catch it to the land we are trying to get to. :goodvibes Saves time, saves your feet a little and it's such a beautiful way to start out your day. :thumbsup2 We do the same thing when we are near the Mountains to get to NF, or if we want to be back at the front of the park again. We ride it at least twice a day while we are there.

I'm not gonna lie, I mainly drink the Lapu Lapu just so everyone can look at me drinking out of a pineapple. :rotfl2:

The backscratcher pretty much get's everyone's attention too. Try it. :rotfl:

Hahahaha. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

:sad2: :rotfl:

Oh dear sweet Camille, you know that there's no need to apologize for not writing more on your report yet you still do. That's why we all love ya so! :lovestruc It's tough seeing a parent suffer and then lose the battle. In the hope that I am not sounding clique, I know that you take comfort in knowing that your mother is in a much much better place than you and I. One day, you'll hug her and kiss her and dance with her in Heaven. In the meantime, it sucks big time and is the total pits having to deal with all of the legal and family issues and aftermath. Don't you worry about how long it takes you to update 'cause we'll be here when you do. ::yes::

Now, let me stop all this depressin' talk before I start crying. Let's chat about the update with no pictures as you semi-referred to it. You are like me, if I don't have pictures, I can't remember what I did and when I did it. :confused3

So Pat didn't even recognize you? I'm betting that made your skinny self feel pretty darn good (as well it should have). I love stories like your dinner story. You know..the story that came from a single silly moment that made everybody laugh until their sides hurt. I love those kind!

Hi Camille! I have enjoyed your TR and I think you have done a good job of keeping the light moments light and sharing your heart when you needed to. I'm glad you found friendship, help, support and prayers here. The peeps on the DIS are great! :goodvibes

Love the pic of you above Main St - Hot Mama!
Nice finds at the Aloha shop - the blue necklace is perfect for the dress you were wearing! :thumbsup2
Cute bracelet Mackie found.

Meeting up with Pat was a nice plus for you gals - even if you don't remember your night! :lmao::lmao: Seriously, I'm glad to see you enjoyed your dinner - I've been reading some negative comments and Jim is really looking forward to Ohana.

How is your May planning going? I already made a big rookie mistake with the Magic Bands - we have a split stay so I could have kept the ressies separate in MDE and used an extra set of bands for FP+ day of in the parks. Now they are all linked to the same MDE because I made the ressie on the phone in my name. :faint: I'm hoping a CM can "disconnect" a set from this MDE account when we get there. :rolleyes1

Thank you so much for your sweet response!! My name is Karla and rather than completely hijacking your thread, I sent you a pm I hope you don't mind.

Looking forward to more installments as they're so much fun!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh dear sweet Camille, you know that there's no need to apologize for not writing more on your report yet you still do. That's why we all love ya so! :lovestruc It's tough seeing a parent suffer and then lose the battle. In the hope that I am not sounding clique, I know that you take comfort in knowing that your mother is in a much much better place than you and I. One day, you'll hug her and kiss her and dance with her in Heaven. In the meantime, it sucks big time and is the total pits having to deal with all of the legal and family issues and aftermath. Don't you worry about how long it takes you to update 'cause we'll be here when you do. ::yes::

I love my Dis sisters and brothers. :goodvibes :lovestruc Thank you Lisa for understanding and being so supportive. I'm sure most people understand what it is that's been keeping me from being here on a regular basis. I've just had to take this year as it's coming and do what it takes to maintain at times and flourish at others. All in all I think I'm doing pretty good. Now if I can just get back on track with my exercising I'll feel I've made full circle, I keep getting on track and then something else gets in the way, right now it's my shoulders and neck. I've been seeing a chiropractor and massage therapist for it, and it seems to be getting better little by little, but I'm no where near where I need to be to do a full weight workout. I can do a whole whopping three exercises with the weights. :rolleyes: Squats (which are really one of the most important one's), abs although somewhat limited there, and biceps, but since I can't do triceps I probably shouldn't be doing the biceps. The rule of thumb with weighs is working the opposite muscle of the one you are using, so if you do biceps you need to workout your triceps too. Squats are complete because they work the hams and the quads at the same time. :) I know, I know, I'm rambling. :laughing:

Now, let me stop all this depressin' talk before I start crying. Let's chat about the update with no pictures as you semi-referred to it. You are like me, if I don't have pictures, I can't remember what I did and when I did it. :confused3

No depressing talk here, and I'm just glad I could remember what I did that day, even if it wasn't all the details. :rotfl:

So Pat didn't even recognize you? I'm betting that made your skinny self feel pretty darn good (as well it should have). I love stories like your dinner story. You know..the story that came from a single silly moment that made everybody laugh until their sides hurt. I love those kind!

She didn't! :hyper: She was pretty taken back when I walked up and started talking to her. :rotfl:
And yes, the salad story was one of the highlights of the evening, makes for great memories and funny stories. :goodvibes

Hi Camille! I have enjoyed your TR and I think you have done a good job of keeping the light moments light and sharing your heart when you needed to. I'm glad you found friendship, help, support and prayers here. The peeps on the DIS are great! :goodvibes

Thank you Tammie. :goodvibes I try. Well truth be told, I'm just being me and it just happens to come out this way. :laughing:

Love the pic of you above Main St - Hot Mama!
Nice finds at the Aloha shop - the blue necklace is perfect for the dress you were wearing! :thumbsup2
Cute bracelet Mackie found.

I knew the lighting wasn't the greatest so I was hoping for a couple of decent pics. I just love being up there first thing when the rope drops, it's such a site to behold. Everyone is walking in, some for the first time and some for the 100th, and it's still special to everyone. :goodvibes

Meeting up with Pat was a nice plus for you gals - even if you don't remember your night! :lmao::lmao: Seriously, I'm glad to see you enjoyed your dinner - I've been reading some negative comments and Jim is really looking forward to Ohana.

I remember a lot, but I don't remember what happened after the dinner, at all. :worried: Like, at all. :worried: :laughing:

How is your May planning going? I already made a big rookie mistake with the Magic Bands - we have a split stay so I could have kept the ressies separate in MDE and used an extra set of bands for FP+ day of in the parks. Now they are all linked to the same MDE because I made the ressie on the phone in my name. :faint: I'm hoping a CM can "disconnect" a set from this MDE account when we get there. :rolleyes1

So far pretty good, I'm not really familiar with the bands thing just yet so I'm wondering how that's all going to play out for us. Since we'll be staying at a few different places I'm wondering if it will be an issue. The dining and the parks portion will be on a portion of the trip that won't be an issue with the bands, so we'll see.

Thank you so much for your sweet response!! My name is Karla and rather than completely hijacking your thread, I sent you a pm I hope you don't mind.

Looking forward to more installments as they're so much fun!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

So happy to have a new friend on the Dis, Karla. :thumbsup2 And never worry about hijacking on my TR. I don't mind at all.

All caught up! I've really been enjoying your trip report.

:welcome: party: :welcome: Felynn, Thank you! I'm so honored you picked my TR to be your first and only post so far. Hope you'll stick around and have some fun with us. :)

So far pretty good, I'm not really familiar with the bands thing just yet so I'm wondering how that's all going to play out for us. Since we'll be staying at a few different places I'm wondering if it will be an issue. The dining and the parks portion will be on a portion of the trip that won't be an issue with the bands, so we'll see. [/QUOTE]

You will get a different set of bands for each hotel. If you haven't done a MDE yet, make one of the ressies in Taylor's name and email, Then don't make an MDE account for that set of bands. It gives you an extra set of bands for FP+ on day of in the parks. At least that is the scoop right now, but word is that Disney is closing that loophole and bands will all need to be connected to tickets and used for park entry for day of. There is some strategy to getting the FP you want - Crazy to make plans for that far ahead, but it is important to us to get on all of our favs - we will only have one day in each park this trip. Here is the planning thread I've been reading.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3326057

Okay, this thread is not necessarily news anymore, I think; the posts I'm reading are over a year old. Either way, I'm sooooo happy for you! I'm losing weight right now for DW, too, and I am SO GLAD I found this TR. It's motivation for me to not just have a dream I'm starting to work for, but it also makes me consider just how real the desired results are as an achievable thing.

I think I'll look into the weight lifting you mentioned back in June of 2013, too. :) Thanks.

Okay, this thread is not necessarily news anymore, I think; the posts I'm reading are over a year old. Either way, I'm sooooo happy for you! I'm losing weight right now for DW, too, and I am SO GLAD I found this TR. It's motivation for me to not just have a dream I'm starting to work for, but it also makes me consider just how real the desired results are as an achievable thing.

I think I'll look into the weight lifting you mentioned back in June of 2013, too. :) Thanks.

I don't think Camille will mind if I open the door while she is away :goodvibes:
:welcome: Congrats on setting your goals and working toward them! You can do this! We will miss you by several days - we'll be there in 7 months exactly yesterday!:woohoo:

I don't think Camille will mind if I open the door while she is away :goodvibes:
:welcome: Congrats on setting your goals and working toward them! You can do this! We will miss you by several days - we'll be there in 7 months exactly yesterday!:woohoo:

Thank you so much, Tammie. I appreciate you having my back. :goodvibes

And yes, welcome Valar....

:welcome: party: :welcome:

Congrats on your journey, it's a long road, but it's a road that can be overcome and it's a road that is a must. I'm still battling through a few physical things going on that is keeping me from hitting my weight workout to it's fullest, but at least I'm keeping at it. Keep at it and you will be surprised at what you can do. :thumbsup2

Wow, Tammie! You'll be in WDW before we will. You are going to love it at that time of the year, crowds are up, but I think it's nothing you haven't deal with before. You'll have a great time. :goodvibes

Day 7, Animal Kingdom Day!!

Yes folks, you read that right....we actually made it to another park day, our
5th one to be exact.

This was our last day with Maroo I'm sad to say.

All of us ladies got up and got out the door on time, as I said before it was my mission to make every rope drop possible and today was no different. We had our ride to get on and a breakfast ADR to make this morning and getting our ride on, on time was our goal before heading out to our breakfast ADR.

You see, we had ADR's for BOMA twice that day. We had BOMA ADR's for breakfast and dinner.
Mackie and I had never tried breakfast there before and since I kept reading from all my Dis friend how much they loved it there, I knew we had to fit it in. I think it was Ms. Kat's (KatMark) remarks that finally won me over.

I know twice in one day sounds silly, but I asked Maroo what she thought and she was totally on board. As soon as I told Mackenzie that they had scrambled eggs with goat cheese, she was all in. :laughing:
I think I've mentioned this before and I'll mention it again goat cheese and I don't get along. :crazy2: As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather lick the backside of a goat than eat that nasty stuff, but somewhere along the way my mom and her grandchildren decided together they loved it.

Little side story:

My mother was an eccentric woman, she was always watching the food network shows (among other educational type shows) and loved to come up with new recipes and ideas and new foods to try, now of course these recipes never were the way they made it on the show, she had to add what my husband calls, "her own Joycie flare" (her name was Joyce) and Joycie flare did not stop in how she cooked, it was in the way she dressed, the way she wore her jewelry, spoke, etc. She was an interesting woman to say the least.

Another little story:
Fact: Those glasses in the picture below, I come to find out, where totally useless. When I took her in to get her eyes checked the doctors always check your current Rx and then check your eyes, somewhere along the way his assistant wrote down in mom's chart what her current glasses Rx was, when the doctor was done checking mom's eyes and turned to write down her new Rx he about fell out of his chair.
Mom sheepishly looked at me like a little kid about to get into trouble as the doctor said..."When was the last time you got new glasses Joyce?" She smugly said it had been a while (uh, let's try 8 years, that I knew of), he then said "Joyce, how have you been seeing to drive?!" She said sheepishly.... "By looking through the bifocals." :eek: <----me
I can't tell you how many trips back and forth between Kansas and Texas she made before moving here. Come to find out the only reason she had me take her to get her eyes checked.....she had to renew her drivers license, other wise I'm sure she would have gone on for Lord knows how many more years like that! :rotfl:
Mmmhmmm, not sure what to say or think, do ya? That too was my reaction.
That in a nutshell, was my mother.
As for the goat cheese, I think she brought goat cheese over one time after hearing about it on one of her shows, she and the kids had a heyday eating it, as they did no matter what they were doing with their Grandma.

My mom. :lovestruc This is her in tame mode, :rotfl: usually she'd have a ring on almost every finger, after this picture she grew her hair down to her hiney, and a hat was a staple in her daily outfits. I think this is one of the last few pictures I have of her before she started having various health issues that lead up to us finding out she had cancer a couple years later. side note: Notice she has a book in her hand. It's the little things that you forget, she always had a book, just like my baby girl. I guess the tradition carries on. :lovestruc In the first pictures of Mackie outside AK, look on the ground behind her.
<This picture of Mom and Mackie was taken outside Mackenzie's first dance recital, it was the day before we left on our first WDW trip in 2007> :goodvibes

Sorry, just had one of those moments you hear other people have after someone they are close to passes, the one where you tell stories about them at random moments, I'm starting to have more and more of them now, (I think that's a good sign in the grief process) and you were just hit with one. :laughing:

So any whooo, on to our day of hitting the park, hitting a few rides getting a FP and then back out the gates to our ADR!! :goodvibes

Which is exactly what we did. We got to the park.....

Don't we look cute as a group?!? I love Maroo's green shirt, it adds just the right flare to our photo.

We headed in and waited out the rope drop for a while, some how Maroo got separated from us, not for sure what the situation was but I think we were heading in one direction and she another for FP's I believe. Funny how your brain no longer thinks in that capacity now that we know we don't have to run for FP's any longer.

As Mackie and I were standing and waiting for rope drop, Mackenzie saw the different animals walking and sometimes jumping around in front of the tree.....

You can't see much in this picture but this is exactly what we were looking at while waiting for rope drop. I guess I turned my head for a sec to people watch and Mackie and a few others around us all started laughing and talking about what they had just seen. Apparently a kangaroo, probably this ornery little cuss...

had jumped on top of one of the big birds walking around the grounds. :rotfl:

We finally made our way through rope drop and made our way over to the Safari ride, I had never been on it that it wasn't blazing hot out (today did turn out to be a pretty hot and humid day- we ended up with some rain for a bit) and I was determined to see the animals while they were still fresh for the day.

I won't bore you with too many pictures, okay I will.....

This little booger got so close to the jeep I thought I'd be able to reach out and touch it!

Don't you just love to watch them in all their majesticness <it's a word>? :cloud9:

continued in next post.....

I'll have to come back later and finish the second part, need to get my workout in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter