You had quite the trip, didn't you? June 2019 Completed 12/4! New TR Link 1/19!

Always great when a transfer is nice and easy! My Touring Plans room requests have NEVER come to fruition! I am convinced Disney just doesn't look at them, but that doesnt stop me from doing it! The Grand was my dream resort for the same reason! Im betting Danny Tanner had some life insurance money and law suit money from when his wife was killed by the DD (yes I am super morbid, and know waaaaay too much about the plot history of Full House, Im worse with Friends). Enjoying all aspects of the resorts is actually one of the reasons DH and I bought DVC. He is not an all day park guy, much prefers to chill by the pool, so longer trips with breaks in between park days works really well for us. Plus we can do some of the other non-park things. I have yet to mini-golf and it is on my to do list! Dinner looked really yummy! I agree the Deluxe plan is a LOT of food! We went to Cali Grille with some friends who were on it, and they were kind enough to share their apps and desserts with us, just because it was so much food. We covered the tip to thank them.

Just catching up...great report...love the pic you recreated of your parents...that is great...

I'm joining late and I had quotes, but I lost them!

Oh no!! You're the second person who has said that on this TR! I feel like its cursed! haha

Your trip sounds super enjoyable so far, and I definitely agree that Bay Lake view is better than Theme Park View. Bay Lake is so peaceful and beautiful and I spent a ton of time on the balcony!

Yes!! I am so we had the time to enjoy our balcony and our view!!

I got really excited for a second that you're going to Disneyland in November, because I am too, but we miss each other by a day! I leave on the 12th :sad:. Regardless, can't wait to read your TR of your first Disneyland experience!

Awe! So close!! I seriously cannot wait for Disneyland! I'm usually stressed when it comes to something new but I feel like the familiarity I have with WDW and the research I've done should be enough!

I could be wrong, but I think Pete stayed in a DVC room. I think the DVC rooms, in general, tend to be more run down.

No it was the side I stayed on! Thats why I was so worried haha he said the dvc side, at least for GFV is very nicely kept up but for some reason some of the rooms on the regular side seemed to be pretty run down. Thankfully, ours wasn't one of those! But I think he may have been in the main building? Which is even worse when you consider how much those rooms are!

I'm about 50/50 with those TP Room Requests. I either get the EXACT room I want, or something completely opposite.

I think my average is pretty low with TP lol I'd say 1 out of 5 I get hahaha and I'm not even that specific. Like I'll say a whole floor, just a specific side and still not even be close! lol

So pretty. Staying at The GF is definitely on my bucket list too ::yes::

It was definitely worth it!

I've been debating between Citrico's and the new Topolino Terrace for Mike's birthday dinner. I currently have them both booked and will decide after they open and the reviews come out, I guess.

That's a tough one! I would definitely wait for Toppolino Terrace reviews but Citricos was very nice!

Good to know. I don't think I loved the menu at Narcooses, but maybe I'll take another look. I think it had mostly seafood and I don't eat a lot of seafood.

Yeah I feel like Narcooses is more seafood based which is like me and DH's favoriteeee haha which is why we prefer that one more!

Your room looks gorgeous! I totally understand about having to use the dining credits but at least it worked out for the best!

It really was! It was exactly what I hoped it would be!

And yeah, I would have been upset NOT doing dinner that night so I'm glad we had a reason we were "forced" to lol

Just trying to catch up with the last update so I can at least get up to date going into another work week,. Lovely update with your check in to your dream resort! Nice!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!! And thank you! It was truly a dream come true! (Still jelly you got upgraded there! haha)

Hey, it's like my screen name! :D

I mean I feel like its made for you! lol

Yeah, that's kinda weird! I had the exact same couple of dishes and loved them, but that shrimp appie is HUGE and filling! I'm surprised he could eat ONE bite of 'zert. LOL!

Yeah it was A LOT of food! I always want to eat everything but I usually end up nauseous if I try to eat too much lol I don't know how we ate dessert on top of everything else! lol

Beautiful pics around the resort! Sounds like a wonderful dinner!

Thank you! It really was!!

Always great when a transfer is nice and easy! My Touring Plans room requests have NEVER come to fruition! I am convinced Disney just doesn't look at them, but that doesnt stop me from doing it!

Same! haha I think maybe only once or twice mine have worked out and its usually on a trip or a stay thats only 1 night lmao!

The Grand was my dream resort for the same reason! Im betting Danny Tanner had some life insurance money and law suit money from when his wife was killed by the DD (yes I am super morbid, and know waaaaay too much about the plot history of Full House, Im worse with Friends).

A. Never contemplated that but that would make a wholeeee lot of sense!!

B. I am obsessed with Friends too!! My Mom actually almost went into labor with my sister at home because she waited three hours after her water broke to get to the hospital because she thought the season premiere of Friends was airing that night and wanted to watch it before going! hahaha and it wasn't even on that night!

Enjoying all aspects of the resorts is actually one of the reasons DH and I bought DVC. He is not an all day park guy, much prefers to chill by the pool, so longer trips with breaks in between park days works really well for us. Plus we can do some of the other non-park things. I have yet to mini-golf and it is on my to do list!

Yeah I go back and forth on DVC! haha We are really enjoying renting right now just with all of the different places we've been able to stay but if I had my choice we would definitely own points at Copper Creek and the Polynesian. Someday when we have enough to pay for most of it in cash I think we'll do it! Because we do enjoy that touring style!! I honestly want to book a trip of like no park time haha Right now DH and I are probably doing some sort of East Coast trip for our anniversary next year but if that falls through I may pitch the no-park/relaxation idea to DH!

Dinner looked really yummy! I agree the Deluxe plan is a LOT of food! We went to Cali Grille with some friends who were on it, and they were kind enough to share their apps and desserts with us, just because it was so much food. We covered the tip to thank them.

Yeah it is so much! Definitely a good idea to split with another couple haha

I didn't know this was a thing!!

That dinner at GF looked lovely!

Oh yeah!! Its definitely something to be aware of if you have any anytime fastpasses!

Just catching up...great report...love the pic you recreated of your parents...that is great...

Thank you!! I love it!

Day 4 Part 1 Sunday June 16th

Thankfully, when we woke up this morning the noise in the lounge wasn’t too bad. I think when I heard people showing up for breakfast I turned the fan on in the bathroom and that was enough to drown out the noise, enough for us to sleep until 9 at least.

Originally, I had scheduled the Wine Bar George Brunch for us this morning through Open Table. Even in my PTR I had waffled about keeping this breakfast, especially when we could have a nice free breakfast in the lounge. I don’t regret booking the breakfast because had we woken up to storms and bad weather that morning I would have still had us go. However, we woke up to a beautiful day and all I wanted to do was hang by the pool and enjoy the Grand Floridian! So I quickly cancelled the brunch on my phone when we woke up and I am very happy with that decision! (We’ll get to the brunch someday – but between ubers and the cost of breakfast I saved about $100 or more! Lol)

Instead, we started with breakfast in the lounge and it was so good! Everything they offer as options is right up our alley so we loved our CL breakfasts!

After breakfast we decided to walk around a bit and enjoy the scenery.

If anyone is curious about the Grand Yacht One's pricing! lol

I of course had to get a picture with my Bubjub tree!

I really wanted a picture centered with these swans, DH didn’t get the memo though.

So we tried again.

He tried right?? Lol

Eventually we made our way over to the pool, I was already happy with our decision to not go to brunch! We happened to luck out with two loungers under an umbrella which was awesome. DH doesn’t really handle too much sun or heat well so if we were going to be at the pool for a while, this was a must! There was an older couple in front of us who complained for a very long time that they wanted our seats, not sure why they were more entitled than us? There were even other shaded loungers available lol apparently ours was the one they wanted though!

At some point I went to get a strawberry daiquiri from the bar. I can’t be by a pool in Disney without one!

For Dan, we would just walk over to the lounge in Sugarloaf and ask for two beers in cups to bring to the pool. They were more than happy to accommodate and made for a great pool day for Dan! I would say the SL CL at the Grand is definitely located in a better spot than the Main Buildings lounge just in respect to the location to the pool. But if you weren't planning on pool days, Royal Palms would definitely be a dream!

Like I mentioned, staying at the Grand was a dream come true! Which called for commemorating the occasion!

We had such a great pool day and made the decision to cancel breakfast so easy. We had perfect weather, no rain, it was just awesome!

When we got back to the room mousekeeping had been by and apparently was a bit tipsy on the job.

If you can't tell the GF on the pillow was upside down lol

At some point I realized just how many shampoos and body washes DH had amassed on our trip. I deemed him a real life Ross Geller. lol

We showered and got ready for our evening while a storm rolled in. And it was straight down pouring for a long time! It was okay though, we had time before we needed to get to Animal Kingdom so we took the time to sit out on our patio and enjoy some snacks from the lounge!

I definitely ate way too much bread and butter lol but it was so good!

Eventually it came time to head out to Animal Kingdom or forego our Flight of Passage fastpass, which I was not willing to do! We donned our ponchos and made the short walk over to the main building while we waited for our uber. And also killed the time by taking some pictures!

I was a bit worried what it would mean for our tour if it kept raining all night. Would it cancelled? Stay tuned to find out!

Pool Morning Vlog!

What a nice day at the pool ! Looks like you made the perfect choice for the day .

I tried to explain to Dan what the problem was with the room was but he is not like me and hates to make waves so we just left it. For two nights we could deal with early mornings lol (and it really wasn't THAT bad but probably could have been better on noise.)
I would have been like you and wanted to move rooms. Glad it wasn't too bad.
The drink service was VERY boujie in the GF club level. They would roll out a whole bar and have someone manning the station to pour drinks for you and if you had a beer they would individually wrap it in a napkin to keep your hand from getting cold. I've hypothesized that the more lux the hotel is perceived the more service and boujieness there will be. From our experience it goes Grand Floridian with a fully manned bar - Contemporary CL & Wilderness Lodge - will pour the drinks for you from the area on the counter Gran Destino Tower CL - help yourself. Which in our experience, we prefer to do it ourselves but I know some people prefer to be waited on so its all personal preference!
That was the same as Beach Club CL, they poured out for you and I felt they were kind of small pours and you got a bit of a side eye going for a second glass. Which really shouldn't happen....
To start, I ordered the arancini and Dan ordered the sautéed shrimp app. Dan liked his a lot and I LOVED my arancini, so good!
Citricos is always good!
For dessert, we ordered the gelato profiteroles and the chocolate tart. Both were good but I was so stuffed at this point!! We did ask if Dan could substitute a coffee (it was on the same menu as the dessert) for a dessert but it couldn’t be done. (I don't understand why not since its less cost to Disney but whatevs haha) However, John was nice enough to bring Dan the coffee anyway! I appreciated that and gave him the cost of the coffee in his tip!
Oh that Chocolate banana tart....it's the stuff of dreams!
We had such a great pool day and made the decision to cancel breakfast so easy. We had perfect weather, no rain, it was just awesome!
Looks like a spectacular day!!

Sounds like such a great morning at the pool! So convenient with the club level offerings too! Odd with the older couple about the lounger though, especially with other shaded ones available...some people are so weird!

What a nice day at the pool ! Looks like you made the perfect choice for the day .

Yeah I am SO glad we stuck with the pool this afternoon! Even the many hours we had flew by and didn't feel like enough so I am really glad we didn't try to do the brunch and the pool!

I already know what happened here. Lol!:daisy:

:goodvibes hehe

I would have been like you and wanted to move rooms. Glad it wasn't too bad.

Yeah, I definitely need to learn to just go with my gut more lol for some reason with DH I tend to listen to him because I trust his judgement more than say my Mom or Calista but in Disney I need to remember that I definitely know more in Disney! lol I also kind of wondered if we would have gotten an upgrade to the main building if we had said something haha but probably not!

That was the same as Beach Club CL, they poured out for you and I felt they were kind of small pours and you got a bit of a side eye going for a second glass. Which really shouldn't happen....

Thats how Dan felt at the GF! Like he was being judged if he wanted more than one beer. Wilderness Lodge served you too but they weren't judgy which was nice!

Citricos is always good!

We really enjoyed it!

Oh that Chocolate banana tart....it's the stuff of dreams!

It was delish!

Looks like a spectacular day!!

It really was!

Sounds like such a great morning at the pool! So convenient with the club level offerings too! Odd with the older couple about the lounger though, especially with other shaded ones available...some people are so weird!

It was a perfect day! And I know right?? They weren't trying to hide their annoyance either lol we just ignored them though! haha

Such a fun resort day! The CL lounge sounds like it was super convenient!

And I love your bathing suit!

It was super convenient!! And I'm glad they were cool about me getting the drinks to go!

Thank you! It was from Target!! I actually bought it for our March girls trip but never ended up wearing it and then when we booked GF I knew it would be a perfect swim suit for there!

I am loving reading about your Grand Floridian experience. With the exception of being on the ground floor next to the lounge, it sounds amazing! A portable bar, tasty breakfast options, gorgeous room...hope it's okay that I'm living vicariously through your experience. :rotfl:

And oh my goodness, your DH really was a real life Ross Geller! You guys are probably good on soaps for awhile. :rotfl2:

I am loving reading about your Grand Floridian experience. With the exception of being on the ground floor next to the lounge, it sounds amazing! A portable bar, tasty breakfast options, gorgeous room...hope it's okay that I'm living vicariously through your experience. :rotfl:

Totally fine to do so!!! The ground floor room ended up not being too bad anyway so I was happy! And it was super convenient because the club lounge was literally steps from our room! haha rather than down a hall or on another floor so we ended up really liking that aspect! The only time the ground floor room was bad was the last morning when a kid was screaming for her Mom over and over lol but we needed to be up anyway so I guess it was like an annoying alarm clock! LMAO

And oh my goodness, your DH really was a real life Ross Geller! You guys are probably good on soaps for awhile. :rotfl2:

He really really is! lol I added a clip from Friends in our vlog and since I edit them and he reviews he started DYING laughing when he saw that part because he really is Ross! But it does make me happy that he wants a piece of Disney at home to remind him of our trips!

Looks like a fun relaxing pool morning! The club level treats are spot on for pool day!

I’m glad you liked staying at GF, we love it and don’t get the high brow entitled vibe at all there!

I enjoyed the vlog, so cute!

Looks like a fun relaxing pool morning! The club level treats are spot on for pool day!

I’m glad you liked staying at GF, we love it and don’t get the high brow entitled vibe at all there!

I enjoyed the vlog, so cute!

It was a perfect day at the pool!!

We didn't either, I mean it felt fancy but we never felt out of place or like we didn't belong!

Thank you!!

Same! haha I think maybe only once or twice mine have worked out and its usually on a trip or a stay thats only 1 night lmao!

A. Never contemplated that but that would make a wholeeee lot of sense!!

B. I am obsessed with Friends too!! My Mom actually almost went into labor with my sister at home because she waited three hours after her water broke to get to the hospital because she thought the season premiere of Friends was airing that night and wanted to watch it before going! hahaha and it wasn't even on that night!

A) I clearly have time on my hands, but yes it does lol.

B) Then you would appreciate this! Last night my friends and I won Friends Trivia! There was a tie breaker and I didn't break a sweat lol. We only got one question wrong and should have gotten it right! Oh well.

Yeah I go back and forth on DVC! haha We are really enjoying renting right now just with all of the different places we've been able to stay but if I had my choice we would definitely own points at Copper Creek and the Polynesian. Someday when we have enough to pay for most of it in cash I think we'll do it! Because we do enjoy that touring style!! I honestly want to book a trip of like no park time haha Right now DH and I are probably doing some sort of East Coast trip for our anniversary next year but if that falls through I may pitch the no-park/relaxation idea to DH!

We bought at Copper Creek. We only got 80 to start, and will probably buy more there resale at some point in life. The no park trips are really fun actually! We currently have a week booked for August and are only planning 4 park days and MNSSHP. Subject to change due to life events of course lol.

I LOVE a good Disney pool day! So smart to send Dan into the club lounge to get some beers to go! I never would have thought of that!

A) I clearly have time on my hands, but yes it does lol.

B) Then you would appreciate this! Last night my friends and I won Friends Trivia! There was a tie breaker and I didn't break a sweat lol. We only got one question wrong and should have gotten it right! Oh well.

Thats awesome! haha I need to do a Friends trivia and put my knowledge to good use! My one gf is also Friends obsessed and her Mom bought her a trivia game from a garage sale or something. We played it and I won haha I found it so funny though because one of the questions asked how many seasons there were and I answered 10 and our other friend who was playing mediator said I was wrong. We ended up realizing the game was made BEFORE the show officially ended! lol Don't know why they did that!

We bought at Copper Creek. We only got 80 to start, and will probably buy more there resale at some point in life. The no park trips are really fun actually! We currently have a week booked for August and are only planning 4 park days and MNSSHP. Subject to change due to life events of course lol.

Love it!!

He tried right?? Lol

Boys! haha

There was an older couple in front of us who complained for a very long time that they wanted our seats, not sure why they were more entitled than us?

Yikes, not a good look for them.

48839766452_b06a447043.jpg

That is SUCH a cute swimming suit!

And it was straight down pouring for a long time! It was okay though, we had time before we needed to get to Animal Kingdom so we took the time to sit out on our patio and enjoy some snacks from the lounge!

Sounds perfect to sit on the balcony and enjoy the rain with some snacks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter