You Guys Call this a BUDGET Board? LOL!

robinb

DIS veteran
Thanks to all of you out there going to the Dollar Store and Big Lots I am now $25 poorer :tongue:

The problem with the Dollar Store is ... everything's a dollar! Hey! That looks cool and it's just $1! {ahem} $17 later ... :). It sure does add up. I didn't get much Disney related except for some really nice thick Disney coloring books. I also got 3 packages of the mini-bubbles (in the party section). My DD and her cousins will love being able to blow bubbles at WDW in July.

Then I went to Big Lots, Claires (for the AP and credit card holders) and the Disney Store.

*sigh*

It was an expensive day :).

ROFLMAO..... LOL i can never leave the dollar store with out spending 10 dollars! I have tried but it just doesnt happen!! LOL

I LOVE the dollar store!

Funny thing is the one near us is right next to a WalMart. I bought several things that cost a dollar there and went to WalMart and it was 89 cents! Oh well...

The unique things are definitely worth the dollar spent, though.

I mentioned these bubbles to my MIL. Told her they are for waiting for the shows - Illuminations, etc. She said I'm nuts.

I guess I'm the weird one, I go in my list, and CASH, and come out with exactly what I need.

My dollar store in town closed up, so I have to drive about a 1/2 hour... not worth it anymore.

I LOVE the Dollar Store!! :D
Robin....I am just like you........"its only a dollar".......LOL

I LOVE it when someone picks something up and says: "How much is this?" The WHOLE store says: "It's a dollar!" Now we have 99c stores! Love those too! Found the OLD JIFFY POP POPcorn! Love it!

The funny thing is that the "Dollar Store" is an international phenomena. I was in Japan and saw a "Everything's a 100 Yen" store! Coincidentally, 100 Yen is just about $1 US. My husband saw a similar store in Saudi Arabia last month. I guess no matter where you're from, everybody wants to save money :).

I spent $24 last night at the Dollar Tree alone. See my post from today called...

JACKPOT!!! at the dollar tree...

to see what I got. (Got a few things for myself as well as the Disney stuff I listed).

Do you want a real Laugh?

Around our area most of the $1 or 99 cent stores have big signs up front saying "Nothing over a Dollar" or "Nothing over 99 Cents". Then in smaller print underneath it says "Some items priced higher". LOL
What do they really mean?

Some of the higher priced items are as much as $20 and as a previous poster said, she had a Walmart next door that was selling the stuff cheaper.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:earsgirl:

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter