You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 4/26!)

How often does that happen?? That sounds very lucky!
No idea, it was a bit odd, I don't get how we could have overpaid, we paid the quoted price for the room, but maybe something was wrong on their end? :confused3
I've never noticed that before!
Isn't it so cool? I love all the details like this!
I love this shirt! What a fun find.
I'm obsessed with this shirt, I'm so happy I saw it!
Did all of the rooms have Christmas trees? That is a nice touch!
Only the two bedroom suites we stayed in had them, the one bedroom suite did not, but it was a much smaller space!
Did you ever figure out who it was?
No, I wish I did! There were apparently quite a few celebrities there that week according to the Disney Facebook groups I'm in, so it looks like I was standing right in front of one and had no clue! :rotfl:

Day 1, Part 7: The Perfect End to the Night

We last left off catching the boat from HS.

We decided to get off at the Swalphin and walk back since it was a short walk from there to the Boardwalk.

Once back to the Boardwalk, we decided to swing by the lounge to check out the desserts and cordials. The desserts were really good this evening. There was a peanut butter jelly one, a carrot cake one, and I think a key lime one. I also poured myself a glass of pinot noir, and mom asked me to pour her some of the champagne. Well, I could not for the life of me figure out how to take the cap off the bottle, so we had to enlist my dads help, fortunately he figured it out so my mom could get her bubbly!

Once again we brought everything back to the room since, well, we LOVED our room!

After finishing up, mom and dad wanted some more desserts so headed back to the lounge, I stayed in the room to jot down some trip notes. They came back with not only more desserts, but the surprise of cordials for all of us as well!

They got me a grand marnier, which I was impressed with their choice since I love that stuff!

A bit before 9:30 we went out on the balcony to see if we could see the fireworks from Epcot. I suspected we could since we were facing that direction, and while we could see the higher ones, the view wasn’t as good as our fireworks view from the YC in September since we had a big ol tree in the way.

We had three balconies with this room, since there were only two chairs on the balcony my parents were on, I was lazy and sat on the balcony off my room since I didn’t want to bring a chair over. The other balcony is on the other side of the divider behind my parents…no idea why they put that there when it was part of one room! We joked if anyone got to be too annoying we'd banish them to the separated balcony. :rotfl2:

After the show, my parents went to bed, and I headed into my bedroom to watch the big ten championship game before calling it a night myself.

Next up: Dad Tries Out Guardians

Last edited:
I would have spent every possible moment in that suite, especially with the club level food! SO magical. And love that you had the space to spread out ... so crucial.

I would have spent every possible moment in that suite, especially with the club level food! SO magical. And love that you had the space to spread out ... so crucial.
Right? We were so obsessed with this room, it was amazing! We've actually been discussing taking some shorter F&W trips in the next two years so we can save up to book a two bedroom suite at the Boardwalk again in 2025 and bring my dad. Now just gotta hope for some decent raises at work and maybe a lottery win! :rotfl2:

We've actually been discussing taking some shorter F&W trips in the next two years so we can save up to book a two bedroom suite at the Boardwalk again in 2025 and bring my dad.
That would be lovely. It looks like you took great advantage of the room and the lounge. :)

Found your trip report! Sounds like a great trip so far! We ran into the credit card thing too but I was paying with giftcards everywhere so it didn't affect us. Can't believe that room!!! Gorgeous!

That would be lovely. It looks like you took great advantage of the room and the lounge. :)
It really would be, I hope it works out! We're actually even considering skipping F&W in 2025 and doing a short trip to Barcelona instead since that is amazingly cheaper than Disney at this point to help save some money! We definitely took advantage of the lounge, this was our first club level stay and we are hooked, we loved having the lounge to grab food and drinks!

Found your trip report! Sounds like a great trip so far! We ran into the credit card thing too but I was paying with giftcards everywhere so it didn't affect us. Can't believe that room!!! Gorgeous!
:welcome: thanks for popping over here! Yeah that was an odd day in Disney with the credit card issues. Glad it wasn't more than just that one day, but what a pain to deal with especially for those who didn't have other forms of payment. Fortunately we had cash and got a gift card, but it still was a bit concerning when none of our cards were working at check-in!

Yeah, that room was spectacular, I wish we could stay in it every trip!

Day 2, Part 1: Dad Tries Out Guardians

We were up surprisingly early this morning considering we weren’t planning on rope dropping. I got up a bit before 6:30 and took a quick shower before we all headed to the lounge to get some coffee. Sadly, by the time we got there, they were already out of coffee in the pre-breakfast setup.

There was also a group of men sitting in the chairs outside the lounge talking loudly, which fortunately we couldn’t hear from our room, but I feel bad for those in rooms right adjacent to that area, that would be obnoxious wakening up to those loud men at 6:30am!

Since it was only about 6:40 at that point, we went back to the room to make coffee there to hold me over. I really cannot function without coffee in the morning.

Just before 7 we headed back to the lounge to check out the breakfast offerings. By then a small crowd had gathered waiting for the opening. They opened promptly at 7, so we all headed in to see what the offerings were this morning.

The breakfast options this morning were pretty good. We had scrambled eggs, a potato hash, ham, and my favorite, pineapple! We loaded up our plates and decided to just eat in the lounge this morning, so no pictures this time around. I also got a few cups of coffee.

After breakfast we had a slow morning getting ready and just relaxing until just before 8:30 when we decided it was time to head out. I also at some point this morning purchased an ILL for Guardians.

We arrived at Epcot right around 8:30, and there was still a long line to get in. This morning the early entry for resort guests was at 8:30, so I had hoped most people would be in by then, but at least the line moved quickly!

Once in we ended up taking a ton of pictures around the park!

Our ILL for Guardians was early this morning, so after getting a ton of pictures we headed over there.

Now, after finding out my dad thought Slinky was too intense, I wasn’t sure if having him go on Guardians would be a good idea, but he insisted he would be fine. So off we went!

We decided that I’d sit next to my dad on the ride, and my goodness, I’m glad I did. The look on his face during the launch was priceless!

He actually thought that Slinky was more intense than Guardians! :rotfl2:

After Guardians we took more pictures!

After all our pictures it was into our pre-booked DAS for Soarin', so we made our way over there.

Now prior to the trip, and I’m pretty sure a few times the previous day, we had gone over the DAS procedure with my dad. Mainly that mom had to scan in first, and only after she was cleared could we scan in.

Well, apparently my dad was not listening during these talks, so when we got to Soarin', my dad saw that there was an empty tapstile on the other side, and thinking he was outsmarting us (I was waiting behind my mom), he went over there to scan in.

One thing we failed to mention to my dad, which is totally on us, is the light has to turn green to be able to enter the queue. (Last time my dad was there they didn’t have any of these fancy things!)

So of course my dad scans in before my mom, his turns blue which means absolutely nothing to him, so he just strolls right in.

Meanwhile, mom and I have totally missed the fact that dad is not behind us (it was crowded around the entrance so I thought he was behind me, I had no idea he moved over to use the other touchpoint!)

So mom scans in, gets confirmed, I scan in, no worries, I turn around to let dad know it’s his turn, and he’s not there. :oops:

Suddenly we see him being led back out of the queue by a CM!

Fortunately, we were able to get him scanned in properly at that point without anymore issues, but my goodness, how embarrassing! We made sure after this to remind my dad that mom ALWAYS had to scan in first, regardless of if it was DAS or G+ (just to help prevent any confusion).

We ended up in B3 and had a great flight. Afterwards my dad proclaimed that ride is his favorite in all of Disney World!

By the time we were done with Soarin, it was time for our prebooked ride on LWTL, so we headed over there.

Next up: More Festival Food Booths!

Last edited:
Also, Happy New Year everyone!

Here are some pictures of the "surprise" 6 PM fireworks that just went off here. Not the best view from my deck as these are further away than our birthday celebration fireworks so a lot is below the trees, but still a decent view!

PXL_20231231_230351360.jpg

PXL_20231231_231003845.jpg

Totally forgot the city added these early fireworks this year for families with kids so they didn't need to stay up late!

There was also a group of men sitting in the chairs outside the lounge talking loudly, which fortunately we couldn’t hear from our room, but I feel bad for those in rooms right adjacent to that area, that would be obnoxious wakening up to those loud men at 6:30am!
We had the room next to the BC club lounge once and people would sit and chat with the CM's at their desks or congregate in the hall. It was very annoying. At least the lounge closed at 10pm, which ended the noise.
He actually thought that Slinky was more intense than Guardians! :rotfl2:
Maybe it is the ups and downs of Slinky rather than the centrifugal force that he doesn't like. I'm glad he liked Guardians, though. :)
We ended up in B3 and had a great flight. Afterwards my dad proclaimed that ride is his favorite in all of Disney World!
We always ask for B. It's worth the wait. I'm not a fan of the California version, though.
Totally forgot the city added these early fireworks this year for families with kids so they didn't need to stay up late!
That is really nice. I wish we had this here. I swear I heard the fireworks from downtown Chicago at midnight last night, even though we live 15 miles away. I'm used to hearing fireworks from WDW and these were professional fireworks, not from a bunch of neighbors shooting off bottle rockets.

Last edited:
I'm curious to hear your dad's overall/final thoughts on the trip in the wrap-up. SO much has changed since his last visit, I'm interested to hear what he thought about it all. He's lucky to have you and your mom as tour guides! It must be so overwhelming for new visitors. Guardians is very smooth - that makes it an easier ride and, at least for me, the songs are a big distraction. The year they did the original Christmas song I felt like the ride was much more intense when I wasn't rocking out to my favorite 80s tunes. :laughing: on your dad just blissfully continuing along after a blue light. :laughing: In a way, I'm glad to hear that CMs are monitoring and do address those who aren't authorized. Obviously an innocent mistake on your dad's part but I imagine there are people who try to cheat the system. I am THRILLED to have the original Soarin' film back ... for me the distortions in the Around the World film are just way too distracting. :sad2:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :cheer2::banana::jumping3:

Had to laugh that your dad did his own thing and didn’t scan after your mom. My dad would have done the same thing.

So happy to be following along! I love your trip reports!

Soarin' is one of my favorite rides, but it was a one and done for my husband! He HATES Soarin' and "doesn't understand how no one has fallen out of it" haha! Looking forward to reading more!

So happy to be following along! I love your trip reports!

Soarin' is one of my favorite rides, but it was a one and done for my husband! He HATES Soarin' and "doesn't understand how no one has fallen out of it" haha! Looking forward to reading more!
I agree with your husband!! I've done Soarin a few times to support my kids, but I had my eyes closed, death gripping the chair the entire time. I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 seconds of the flight lmao.

I agree with your husband!! I've done Soarin a few times to support my kids, but I had my eyes closed, death gripping the chair the entire time. I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 seconds of the flight lmao.
I definitely have the death grip on the handles! LOL! A couple of years ago, we were sat in the same row with a family that had a young man who was ENJOYING the heck out of Soarin -- like this guy was living his best life -- hands in the air, cheering, etc. and it definitely gave me anxiety watching him bounce around like that. I still think about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter