You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 4/26!)

Forced choice, I would go for the longer, relaxed December trip... really experience the holiday décor and activities. But I am easily swayed :-) and can see the positives of going in September as well. I am not a fan of shorter trips. It seems like its the same amount of work required pre-trip for only get a few nights stay.
Yeah, that is definitely a downside to the shorter trips. I think we're leaning towards the longer one, but right now I'm leaning towards December, my mom is leaning towards September. One of these days we'll figure it out :rotfl2:

Hmmm. September is my fave time to go to WDW but I LOVE hot weather and lots of pool time so that sways my vote. Based on what you’ve said about your preferences I’d go for the longer December trip!

Hmmm. September is my fave time to go to WDW but I LOVE hot weather and lots of pool time so that sways my vote. Based on what you’ve said about your preferences I’d go for the longer December trip!
And this is another reason my mom would prefer September. Plus she really wants to spend a day at a waterpark. I have a feeling we'll be going back and forth on this for a few months!

As a person who has done both, more short trips recently mostly because of our circumstances, I definitely like my 8-9 night trips in late August or early September. Don’t get me wrong I am not turning down the short trips but I just feel I can really get away and relax on the longer trips!
I would go with a longer one in December for you ladies since you have done September so many times.
I love the heat at Disney, I am weird like that. I love early September and bring on the heat but I also love December and have gone the last 3 years in a row.
I bet I am not much help! :rotfl2:

As a person who has done both, more short trips recently mostly because of our circumstances, I definitely like my 8-9 night trips in late August or early September. Don’t get me wrong I am not turning down the short trips but I just feel I can really get away and relax on the longer trips!
I would go with a longer one in December for you ladies since you have done September so many times.
I love the heat at Disney, I am weird like that. I love early September and bring on the heat but I also love December and have gone the last 3 years in a row.
I bet I am not much help! :rotfl2:
Haha, this is basically what we've been debating. I agree the longer trips are nicer, but it's hard to say no to a short trip too. Fortunately we have plenty of time to decide!

Quick update on our 2025 debate. I woke up this morning to find an email from my mom saying that we should do a short September trip and a long December, so we've added another option to our list! :rotfl:
Moms are always right, you know. ;)

We did five nights at POR in September, the week before you arrived for your trip. It was cheap, the lowest rates of the season, but hot. We got lucky and only had one downpour, which we mostly avoided. But it was almost too hot to enjoy being outdoors. We did a four-day trip in October, which was the perfect weather and a discounted Beach Club room. Then we did a four night stay right after Thanksgiving and loved the December activities so much that we booked a bounce back for the same period in December, except at POR. Even with a discount the rates are high.

We have been debating over a late August or early September trip, mostly because it room rates are low, and we like to take advantage of our annual pass. We always talk about doing more at F&W, but never do. October is best but the only discount includes Halloween, which I don't want to miss at home.

Moms are always right, you know. ;)
Haha, so very true!
We did five nights at POR in September, the week before you arrived for your trip. It was cheap, the lowest rates of the season, but hot. We got lucky and only had one downpour, which we mostly avoided. But it was almost too hot to enjoy being outdoors. We did a four-day trip in October, which was the perfect weather and a discounted Beach Club room. Then we did a four night stay right after Thanksgiving and loved the December activities so much that we booked a bounce back for the same period in December, except at POR. Even with a discount the rates are high.

We have been debating over a late August or early September trip, mostly because it room rates are low, and we like to take advantage of our annual pass. We always talk about doing more at F&W, but never do. October is best but the only discount includes Halloween, which I don't want to miss at home.
Yeah, September is certainly cheaper, but you're right it is HOT. The one trip we did early in the month was probably the hottest trip we've done. The end of the month when we usually go is still obnoxiously hot, but somehow that second week of the month seemed even more brutal!

And to add to the fun of planning out 2025, now we're looking into getting APs since it looks pretty good we'll be taking three (if not more) trips that year! I briefly looked but haven't found an answer yet, is there a limit of time between when you purchase APs and when you activate them? Like if we bought them in say July, could we wait until January to activate them?

And to add to the fun of planning out 2025, now we're looking into getting APs since it looks pretty good we'll be taking three (if not more) trips that year! I briefly looked but haven't found an answer yet, is there a limit of time between when you purchase APs and when you activate them? Like if we bought them in say July, could we wait until January to activate them?
We bought ours in April and didn't activate them til August last year. You can definitely wait, though I think after like a year you may have to pay the difference if the price has gone up. There were a whole bunch of threads on it when APs went on sale last April...I'll see if I can find a post.

Yup, one year! -- https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...t-until-august-mde-app-ap-ticket-says-502368/ I know we don't always trust plandisney but :)

Last edited:
We bought ours in April and didn't activate them til August last year. You can definitely wait, though I think after like a year you may have to pay the difference if the price has gone up. There were a whole bunch of threads on it when APs went on sale last April...I'll see if I can find a post.

Yup, one year! -- https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...t-until-august-mde-app-ap-ticket-says-502368/ I know we don't always trust plandisney but :)
Thank you! Very helpful, we're worried Disney will stop selling them again so wanted to buy in the next few months even though we wouldn't use them until next year, so it looks like this will work!

My sister bought her AP in February but didn't activate it until September. She had a year to activate it.

Day 4, Part 1: Please Don’t Make a Boomer Joke

We were up super early this morning, we had a park to get to! I actually ended up waking up earlier than planned, learned the hard way the double doors to the bedroom I was in did not do a great job blocking sounds, so I could hear every little thing my mom was doing in the dining room/kitchenette at like 5am. :sad:

Oh well, I had to be up by 6 anyways, just an hour less sleep! Sleeping at Disney is totally overrated right? ::yes::

We got ready and made some coffee in the room since we’d be heading out before the lounge started serving breakfast. A few minutes before 7 I called for a Minnie Van, and got one right away! This trip I was having the best luck with Minnie Vans, no more trying and trying to get one and the app constantly timing out since none could be found, this trip I got one every time, and easily too!

We made our way to the lobby, and arrived just in time to meet our driver, Boomer! I feel like Boomer has become a bit of a Minnie Van celebrity, I’ve seen so many posts about him on various Disney Facebook groups. He was AWESOME.

Of course my dad being my dad, tried to make a boomer joke, but it just fell flat, but Boomer did note that so many people make boomer jokes, and most are not funny. :rotfl2:

We had a great ride over to the MK, Boomer is a total entertainer (literally, he used to be on Disney On Ice), so we had the most amazing conversation with him. He mentioned at one point that he lives for applause, so of course once we arrived at the MK we all broke out in applause!

Before he let us leave, he insisted on getting our picture in front of the Minnie Van…

HAAA! He seriously is the most amazing driver we’ve ever had, I hope we get him again at some point.

After our amazing ride over to MK (perfect start to the day!), we made our way through security and got in line to enter the park.

They started to let us in at 7:45, and once in we did our favorite activity, pictures!!!!

Early entry started at 8:30 this morning, so we spent some time browsing the shops, I ended up getting a long sleeve tee, and got my dad a salute to service tee for Christmas.

While making our way down Main Street, we stopped to check out the Mickey’s Christmas Carol displays.

These were SO COOL!!!!!

It was still a bit early by the time we made it to the hub, and we didn’t feel like getting into the early entry line yet, so we took some more pictures.

Next up: Early Entry Madness!

I really love the Minnie van service and will be crossing my fingers that I get Boomer as a driver in the future. But I have to say that I've never had a less than terrific driver. I know it's more expensive but just so much better than the other services and as I'm often solo just feels safer to me.

Hi Debbie - excited to join in!

I went back and finished your F&W report first - what a lovely trip with your mom! I’m still thrilled with your excellent room and amazed with how many F&W treats you were able to enjoy. Your Sangria University experience also looked really fun!

Onto this report! I’m sorry you were sick leading up to your trip, but happy that all that extra sleep gave you a touring advantage.

And… wow! Your room luck certainly continued with this trip. I love your room at Boardwalk, especially the extra touch of a decorated tree. Your family took great advantage of the club level food offerings - I laughed at your “treat for Santa” picture that included wine! (Frankly, perhaps Santa would appreciate some wine! :laughing: )

Your MVMCP looked like SO much fun! I’m glad you went back around to get an another cookie (one always needs another cookie - and what was up with those CM’s?!) and enjoyed so much that the party had to offer.

I’m sorry you (and the CM’s) had to deal with that crazy child at Tiffin’s. I don’t blame the child as this is 100% a parent problem. Good grief. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal regardless!

You are a rockstar at navigating DAS and Genie+! I may ask you a few DAS questions as you seem to have the system down… my FIL is traveling with my brother-in-law’s family in April and I think DAS would be very helpful to him. I’d love to help my sister-in-law navigate this as I’ve only found general information about DAS thus far.

I can’t wait to hear more!

I love how successful you were at getting a Minnie van. Is every ride the same price or is there a scale based on distance?

I really love the Minnie van service and will be crossing my fingers that I get Boomer as a driver in the future. But I have to say that I've never had a less than terrific driver. I know it's more expensive but just so much better than the other services and as I'm often solo just feels safer to me.
Yeah, all the drivers have been great, but Boomer was like a step above all the others. He was so much fun, I really hope we get him again as a driver sometime! And totally agree about the Minnie Vans, they are so much nicer, plus for getting to the MK it's amazing being dropped off right in the front!

Hi Debbie - excited to join in!
Thanks for joining!
I went back and finished your F&W report first - what a lovely trip with your mom! I’m still thrilled with your excellent room and amazed with how many F&W treats you were able to enjoy. Your Sangria University experience also looked really fun!
That room we had at the YC was amazing, I hope we get a similar view on our next September trip!
Onto this report! I’m sorry you were sick leading up to your trip, but happy that all that extra sleep gave you a touring advantage.
Thanks! Yeah the timing wasn't great, but at least it got me to really rest up before the trip, and fortunately I was feeling better just in time as well!
And… wow! Your room luck certainly continued with this trip. I love your room at Boardwalk, especially the extra touch of a decorated tree. Your family took great advantage of the club level food offerings - I laughed at your “treat for Santa” picture that included wine! (Frankly, perhaps Santa would appreciate some wine! :laughing: )
Right? I still can't believe that upgrade happened to us, it was so amazing! And haha, I thought it was so funny how we left the snacks, it really did look like we were leaving a treat out for Santa!
Your MVMCP looked like SO much fun! I’m glad you went back around to get an another cookie (one always needs another cookie - and what was up with those CM’s?!) and enjoyed so much that the party had to offer.
We loved MVMCP, it was a blast! I can't wait to do it again!
I’m sorry you (and the CM’s) had to deal with that crazy child at Tiffin’s. I don’t blame the child as this is 100% a parent problem. Good grief. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal regardless!
Oh yeah, 100% the parents to blame, I can't believe she refused to do anything even after multiple people including the manager asked her to. So crazy!
You are a rockstar at navigating DAS and Genie+! I may ask you a few DAS questions as you seem to have the system down… my FIL is traveling with my brother-in-law’s family in April and I think DAS would be very helpful to him. I’d love to help my sister-in-law navigate this as I’ve only found general information about DAS thus far.
Haha, thanks! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it!
I can’t wait to hear more!
Thanks! Hopefully will get another update out this weekend!

I love how successful you were at getting a Minnie van. Is every ride the same price or is there a scale based on distance?
Me too! We've never been this successful at consistently getting them before, we felt very lucky this trip! The price varies, I believe based on the distance. Usually it's around $40 for trips. Expensive, but we really love the service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter