You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 4/26!)

Woo hoo!!!! 12 months of Disney! The hotel discounts alone make up for the spending difference on the tickets I think,
I know, I'm so ridiculously excited! I'm hoping they have some good discounts for the fall, and next year. The summer discount is pretty great, but we don't want to activate the APs until September.

Day 4, Part 2: Early Entry Madness!

At 8:25 we headed over to check-in for the early entry, and my goodness the crowds! Ooph, it was so bad that they actually stopped checking in for early entry since they were so backed up. They had all of us move around to the other side to start a new line, which after the crowds on the Tomorrowland bridge cleared, they finally started scanning in from again.

So we were a bit delayed getting into Tomorrowland, but it wasn’t a big deal since we were just rope dropping Buzz.

Once again I got galactic hero, and when I got the pin I gave it to my dad since he came soooooo close and I think he was pretty upset he didn’t quite make it. Plus I wanted him to get all the attention from the CMs seeing his “I’m Celebrating” button! ::yes::

Once off Buzz we decided to take a trip around Tomorrowland on the Peoplemover!

It was almost 9 by the time we got off the Peoplemover, so we decided to head over to the other side of the park to hopefully get some low waits on those rides that were about to open. Our first stop was Thunder!

On the way we took pictures of the TBA construction. I'm cautiously optimistic about this, we loved Splash, so I'm really hoping we love TBA as well!

We lucked out when we got to the CM at Big Thunder and got the back of the train without having to ask!

After Thunder it was into our return time for our Jingle Cruise DAS, so we made our way over there.

We ended up having the best skipper, she was so funny!

I love the holiday overlay here!

Our next stop was HM, which was still a pretty short wait.

Apparently my mom took a nap :rotfl2:

After HM, we were ready to head out, so made our way to the front of the park and down to the boats.

We lucked out and our boat had just arrived, so we just had to wait for the people to get off before we boarded.

Soon we were on and on our way to the Wilderness Lodge!

Next up: Geyser Point!

Last edited:
So we were a bit delayed getting into Tomorrowland, but it wasn’t a big deal since we were just rope dropping Buzz.
After all those crowds, was there any wait for Buzz? Trying to prepare ourselves for Spring Break week! It sounds like many rides still had relatively low wait times in the morning, which is awesome.

Also, are there any blogs or tips you recommend to score so high on Buzz?

After all those crowds, was there any wait for Buzz? Trying to prepare ourselves for Spring Break week! It sounds like many rides still had relatively low wait times in the morning, which is awesome.
Nope, it was still a walk-on at that point, thankfully!
Also, are there any blogs or tips you recommend to score so high on Buzz?
There are three high point targets I know of: In the first room, the robot on the left side, the target on the lower arm is worth 100,000 points, the ride moves slow enough you can usually hit that a few times. In the room with the volcano, the target at the top of the volcano is worth 50,000 points (seems most people know this one so it can be hard to tell your laser from others). In the room that's kinda narrow and has rooms on both sides with targets, on the one side (think it's the right) is Zurg's ship, at the bottom of the ship is a target that's worth 100,000 points (this is the one I found by accident when we got stuck here for a few minutes, easiest galactic hero ever!). I'm pretty sure there are other high point targets as well, I remember hearing about one where you have to spin around to face backwards to get it, but I haven't found that one yet.

Also, when we first get on the ride and the lasers start working, I like to test it out on the black wall to calibrate my aim before we get to the rooms with targets, makes it easier to figure out which red dot is mine.

There are three high point targets I know of: In the first room, the robot on the left side, the target on the lower arm is worth 100,000 points, the ride moves slow enough you can usually hit that a few times.
I'll have to look for this one. I let my husband steer and he sometimes turn in the wrong direction. ;)

There is a 100,000 target in the first room. It is an overhead target that is at the exit of the first room.

Last edited:

Ohhh, good to know! Is this the one you have to spin around backwards to get?
You need a really flexible gun because it has to been able to hit the target as you approach it. But it is easier to get as you leave the room. :)

Day 4, Part 3: Geyser Point!

We last left off making our way out of the MK and over to the boats.

The boat ride over to Geyser Point was nice and relaxing, although we were pretty surprised to see the boat was totally packed that time in the morning. It was funny, we ended up sitting behind these two men on the way over, and after lunch were on the boat with them again, AND for the next few hours they kept popping up every location we went (and we went to a lot!), it was so weird!

Once off the boat we made our way over to Geyser Point. We arrived about 3 minutes before they opened, so just waited outside. After a minute a CM saw us and told us she’d send the host out to seat us in a minute.

Well, the host comes out, and apparently woke up on the wrong side of bed that morning because he was just rude. The first thing he said to us was “Don’t you know we don’t open until 11?” to which I replied that it was 10:59 at that point, so we were happy to wait. He gave this big sigh and said “well yeah, you are going to have to wait.”

Um, ok….

Meanwhile a line of guests had formed behind us, so it’s not like we were the only ones wanting to get in.

This guy literally stood there looking at his watch for that last minute until it turned to 11 before bringing us in. It was so over the top dramatic, I don’t know what was wrong with him!

Fortunately, our server was in a much better mood!

For lunch we all got the Bison burger, I got mine with fries and mom and dad got veggies with theirs. For drinks my dad got the pina colada, mom got the sangria, and I got the margarita.

We must have been super hungry because none of us took pictures of the food, oops!

Once again the food was delicious! Although the burger tasted different than the last time we ate there, still amazing, just seemed to be missing something.

While eating the squirrels were doing their best begging, one even sat on my foot! I was a bit concerned it would climb up my leg, but fortunately it ran off once I moved!

After finished up our great lunch, we headed over to the hotel to check out the decorations!

Next up: All the Decorations!

Last edited:
It was funny, we ended up sitting behind these two men on the way over, and after lunch were on the boat with them again,
We had that happen to us once, too. The same people rode the boat with us both ways when we had lunch at Geyser Point.
For drinks my dad got the pina colada, mom got the sangria, and I got the margarita.
The Cascade Sangria is my favorite sangria at WDW. And they give you a good size portion, too. :)

This guy literally stood there looking at his watch for that last minute until it turned to 11 before bringing us in. It was so over the top dramatic, I don’t know what was wrong with him!

Good grief. :sad2: That seems like a bit much! I’m glad your server was more pleasant than the host.

While eating the squirrels were doing their best begging, one even sat on my foot! I was a bit concerned it would climb up my leg, but fortunately it ran off once I moved!

Yikes! I know the Disney squirrels are aggressive, but that’s the craziest story I’ve heard!

I’m glad you had a wonderful lunch at Geyser Point. I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about the place.

Well, the host comes out, and apparently woke up on the wrong side of bed that morning because he was just rude. The first thing he said to us was “Don’t you know we don’t open until 11?” to which I replied that it was 10:59 at that point, so we were happy to wait. He gave this big sigh and said “well yeah, you are going to have to wait.”

Um, ok….

Meanwhile a line of guests had formed behind us, so it’s not like we were the only ones wanting to get in.

That's not cool...
Yikes! I don't think I could be calm in that situation.

Geyser Point is such a gem of a spot. I need to get back there soon -- love that burger but am still lamenting the loss of the waffle fries. The squirrel situation would have freaked me out. Birds too. People need to stop feeding them!!!! They're so aggressive. Once a bird swooped down and grabbed food off my tray when walking to a table (it was in EPCOT). :scared:

Wait - talk to me about this Pina colada. It didn't look like the "normal" frozen kind. I'm intrigued. And also counting the days until I get a Pina Colava from Petals!

We once spoke to a family on the plane into LA. We then saw them 2-3 times a day at Disneyland. We just kept laughing every time we saw each other! I kind of wish we'd exchanged info.

We had that happen to us once, too. The same people rode the boat with us both ways when we had lunch at Geyser Point.
It's so weird when that happens!
The Cascade Sangria is my favorite sangria at WDW. And they give you a good size portion, too. :)
It is really good! Apparently it's one of the few sangrias on property that isn't from a premade mix according to our waiter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter