You don't even know who they are, love - A Sept '19 Honeymoon 2.0 Trip!(Completed 1/18)

I'm so glad I just stumbled onto your trip report. I read your honeymoon trip as well. EPCOT and eating and drinking around the world is my absolute favorite thing to do. Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Thanks for following along! It's a really great way to spend an afternoon (or whole day if you do it right!). We had some more F&W time at the end of the trip!

Tapas style meals are my favorite! I will have to try this one.

You definitely should! The menu is so big that you could probably do several tapas meals there without repeating items!

Thanks everyone for following along so far!

9/22 Day 3- “You don’t even know who they are, love!”

I woke up before Tory this morning, and thought I would surprise her with some coffee and breakfast. I quietly grab some shorts and sandals, and popped out the door. I took a leisurely stroll down to El Mercado, the quick service location at Coronado Springs. Not knowing what to expect, I wandered into the giant cafeteria and was actually overwhelmed by the number of options. After some indecision on my part, I grabbed a vegetarian breakfast bowl which came with black beans, potatoes, eggs, spinach, and some sauteed vegetables. Every time we grabbed something from El Mercado, the service was phenomenal! Everyone was so friendly. I grabbed a cup of coffee, paid, and then walked back to the room. When I got back, I found Tory still sleeping. So I’d call my mission a success. She stirred when I came back in and certainly appreciated the coffee and food. The breakfast bowl was decent, but there were two different sauces on it. Combined with all the elements involved, I think there was just a bit too much going on. Still, a relatively healthy and tasty way to start the day.
We were headed to Animal Kingdom today, and were so excited! It was our favorite park on our first trip, and we were joking that we had been in Orlando for over a day and still had not set foot in AK. Knowing John and Josh were not morning people, we told them to meet us in AK before the end of our first FP+ window at 10:55 AM. Tory and I were out the door long before that. After a short bus ride, we were to AK by 9 AM. We were just so giddy. It’s truly a beautiful place from the moment you get off the bus! Without any real plans, we took a leisurely stroll through a quite empty park and ended up out at Everest, which was sporting a 10 minute wait.
a78nDGWtSe17_r8WemjeuqQ4ZYY97AWDQXCZB45cITYqEq4iIwEU-eUqAyNiUzmRnh4LEX6cMmpXbpxc_WmmLeG1JMLyGnnl6rpw896wT_nXB1dJwD0lIzRQnxn6tpCrYe9msgnI

Our names showed up on the electronic ads near the load point this time! What a great way to start the day! I can never stop laughing once we head down the first hill backwards!
fJw3YHaWPajhE0qxUUU55c_7s3DRo_s4bznE1gbc3xJ7IV_h78izHeBQrTQLSFrA09sk8azMo17HXc7WA5FZ99KNI6TI8JkP14kjvIKuMOUszdhKvjhGGZzNV-ssTRVmsXcmIdVc

cCs4AIouKiqTE_JDZKClOCtHcaEqagCV6Y6-m9pVoR-UFXp9ch2SXDSD9zaHAGZtflwGNeXsuQNmfD0FnTG3g1iHA9TCfNmd91jWgm09FVK0J2KWR3FhFkSGNAGCqf3UMWg4QojZ
Uuexk2gykFUszkjFPaCNx5v3MVYBdNlJIRgVFpt4meblh4j7Z8HAmy0dFgq3UvbJ-PW9J0hwaUOW_dxyG2EPMjuondcOpLXpJ5bXiGslpzvYffp8V2no0CG422GILzzwqMlSaa2A

We stopped for a quick picture with the Forbidden Mountain because we had read somewhere that it’s best to take advantage of Photopass before you are all sweaty. This certainly proved to be a good decision! It was definitely a hot day!
NUkdurDyMB9vz33mFQdIZuODSmgbzb8Kh598ElXCY-Ma6ryvmQyHfAmMjZStMcvdYop8dYCLnyN85rAwaeeBWejoHxdrdj8IL6B2ARCqADIVfsXPhFLPWp9X5BpzbK1URQzMW18n

Next up was a trip to DinoRama!

f-g-iQceyi97B3hz6qPZGHp2-BGXfBsD4UNiOutnZ8nUjVFLB942CAauNmeZGu4v9b_Xztmh7Cjhk3spgz1rAzLvN7BgXm_AtxKjJ_QK9Q39E5qTOO6OtHL9X9woDBkVy9-ZDqiF

We followed this with a transdimensional joyride, courtesy of Dr. Grant Seeker. Ah, back to the time of the dinosaurs. Dr. Seeker brought us way too close to the meteor that destroyed life on Earth, but we somewhat miraculously made it back! Tory and I kicked around the idea of being Dr. Seeker and a dinosaur for Halloween (because she’s my dino <3), but with how crazy this year was, we just didn’t have time to make it work.
Sv-A0yIDPs01L-78ssJXFmzK2yR0V7u6Tm-XWFetAiAgDj4HZdjoUejKOoyebioqVTlFh2DLukwKwXSredzMPQFPRkYSzX31bj3KAutz7Yt8jRGaNUbGPtyK2DE7rlqToKQKT1WX

We still had not heard anything from John and Josh, so we continued our stroll around the park.
bTlArMn9hfxJMTmG1r0OwFjOmPQyIA5wFUTgM7fcVL01EGf4GutX0svYBejo1sIyXjo7kCZQ7WBNwGSCmdkCrmxy3FyFb5Xl5f_wso5XKLnvR24XbgC76gt6WuJ2eTrP06MLNt6n

nzK8zSzXR3XzMLboOE2yE2fhqRvW8LFWRzn9ZuSWRll_hn1LyC5-sgYlECxSWAuI-1_yYmuU2OOpF7R_g_LbGjvTCQuz67sClbcPkQ1s-aKQtnttX5WQNW_eyLqHcA9nbw016Kx8

-ypOhDvdmfy-AM-pCYmtyeibObrMST-onaCLPHdZVyvmKe4FxQeT_yBP8m0Yt8fpdWcV16NttuoejwO75UeZig83i1VLFzu5av-wbnrolp_nG7qPIkum4kKUlmoqXc5gCcI65MTk

It was such a peaceful morning and AK looks good in any light, so we stopped for plenty of photos. We wandered into the Gorilla Falls Trail, which was surprisingly crowded.
w2FoeIPqlEFeagj8yTEqWWfUd8EhPwgaQ0VTBFdfsTurs3w3PeDazq6lJvM1XVpXnE6z4XyJzy7QHcaMiL4vvWe1QSTxe5Py0V1mtTxE7vRRRkDIwQ5azKXrooTpg6EocANEfX1k

Tons of people were checking out the hippos and gorillas. The gorillas were all napping in the morning sun! It was super cute.

We still hadn’t heard from John and Josh, and with only 25 minutes left in our Kilimanjaro Safari FP+ window, we decided to just take a seat and soak in Harambe. We sat on a planter next to Dawa Bar and watched the world go by. There was a performer playing an African instrument and singing, which provided another level of ambiance.
9WmjuRweVjlrnxFpMf7Kffyw_pwHXtVKPQ49QiKqaPR5RrbNOnrwo0SWb1Yvn8eJm7TUpPuW574vSI5GHyzsDhfgBpPlOzZX3_QM8I2aX1Z-6L_5D44uwkHcccvqeeXYR5Uizn_Z

During these quieter moments, it felt like we were really able to appreciate the beauty of the park and the level of detail in it. With 5 minutes to spare, John and Josh arrived, and we immediately made the short walk over to the Kilimanjaro Safaris FP+ line. It was a bit backed up, due to some animal activity, but it gave us all some time to chat. Josh and John had made it back to EPCOT the previous night and they loved seeing Illuminations.
We finally boarded our truck and had a great trip out into the preserve.
MZ9Q4xdEyq21FW8PctRdIZdtri5nLwptupqgJWWH1oeQqrrDFLYiEwV0fk03YCjTYnKgrTZ04bpHXc_-B1_4EyzLYRG8vzjQ4-VtaByMZVo8gDGiMThJ1T18TH18J9-DIRMIlWoR

qCZZ5ZgWo7HMNDpFvkMS8XhkXXM2KEkHXGiFP3LG74a4BJVKNklSAaIeLZTSmMQFLvnrcLnIqfw42rcU2UJs7PhMM33dQ9B_YTF7jfI6OuQf2PqxMivEpQhc6_IS_2Tr-cC57-Rq

This experience is truly phenomenal. Most of the animals were quite active, and the white rhino got right up next to our truck. John and Josh loved every second of it, and we couldn't wait to show them more of our favorite park!
p0unViFRgpxoQTA6tcJuCeKq6ZU2sXI_AMnRg4lkomG6ho95NO34QZoHb6wPnZlFocpETmHtraVyy1e7ImqaDslu3d7LNyniIGa77nmeriI5qZaLsGzCteT6inGUiuqHzIknxhmr

YNNkNWawoyhbBtgUSiK2qO3ncjeUD3FPuapeynnBYB_tgWQCGeEfxLDUNG_dw3CcO58lj_rawfrNl9s0OQdUHuQKmZCe1l1J-nfgZttt-5elh5Yg9j_0-p3u5vr8szBzuJ1-wvCH

vhRKJ7nRC4vgJ2fR4iHxyAgruueCqPKJK0_DeZcYMyJwn1J1KGGbgg5WDFSUsEJcgdM-FMrhRokLDfJZ2ZXUHY2n1H5xpdcWE2JU2OWdlSPDI4HgUCKTcicYdeT6GYTIncwVcGMt

8XIQLNIZiFPkKbl9o-2GmNAVLaq85E6Wy-T05VlWK7B3Ad7vTTrzyRezqM_TBlko4QmfdvJHTaj1UexKoBR3D0oBbcvzOcQzqYaNI3RATf3yLhE6CoHh4CECU-3XxF8G-dB2jqrN

Next up was a FP+ for Kali River Rapids. This was closed for refurb when we were here in January for our Honeymoon, so we were excited for a new ride! Plus, it seemed much more appropriate now, given the warm weather. We used the super easy and convenient free lockers, and hopped in the fast moving FP+ line. This was another amazingly themed queue. Joe Rohde made sure that every wall told a story. Incredible!

The ride itself, however, was a bit of a let down. It started off strong, with the whole deforestation scene. But then after the drop, it seemed to lose any sense of theme. Were we the log from the deforestation? It’s definitely a thinker. Also, for a rapids ride, there seemed to be a distinct lack of rapids. The only time we got wet after the drop was when we were sprayed with water guns throughout the ride. Overall, it just felt like a disappointment compared to Grizzly River Run in California Adventure. Although that ride is also light on theme, it feels authentic to the Grizzly Peak area and does actually have rapids that will get you wet. Still though, getting wet felt great on a warm (high 80s) Orlando day, so I guess it was a success?

Since we were over in Asia, we decided to take John and Josh on an expedition to attempt to find the Yeti. The standby line was fairly long, so we opted for the single rider line. It ended up being less than a 10 minute wait. The drop where you leave the mountain where they take your photo is my absolute favorite! It’s just so smooth! John and Josh loved it, as is evidenced by the photos.

Despite the long line at Everest, Dinosaur was a walk on, so we took our second trip back to the age of the dinosaurs.

MKv64d5Y6Dv81mgFYfgkLtg7LDEOrPHqls5Qf9aw2Stk8QDfBlgoeubOFOsDcnAb7Mu-0K1PYYUaXRU3I9hodRzaEzcDuFTQmCeZRIiMT0qjBwqgSKkSLpTUL_bMjGAMNovWGeC8

After making it out with our lives again, we ran into a bit of a time issue. We had just over an hour until our ADR at Sanaa, but lines for rides were prohibitively long. A show would have also been too long. Josh was itching for a drink, so we decided to head over AKL early and try and get an earlier seating.

I won’t spend too long talking about AKL again, I did that last time. But the lobby of Kidani is so inviting! We checked in at Sanaa and wandered around the resort. We ended up on the back patio looking out on the savanna before moving to the game room on the main floor, which had some comfy couches and some cool art.
BxwCL3AMgaMMRkGnw2wvaaS9Q2tSd7W4eVP1aHlTbG-FCN-Jd3azsrpNTbUz28E9rhsC2apoCmbcGG5ZWHo3fjRB9ew6CGffZhjnXBUenf8vWT6D7Ug9jGk9weB0hkZRYt14sXqr

CxkI_ZIJ_mlpJnJtS3lE_7ycWs8UWD_RbR5jGK9-fc8Ozk9kV_KfXQ7Ayrg-e7rz2uS6722hf_bkrxhGQ3Y1vgD2_rfLzZmC_W4IvvV1bfw4rnSaQr5rVzITNLHapYRzUyI_Aek7

LxQ3OvtLdcu3_mI44KXv7VAZDOMiqXp9cJuhQuRuiDNahpp6DKb3lQE5IeBFhDElFm6myVE5PIcjLOVPptYt_v8569iUjglo4eWu9p3YIEGmly44tXDlMopCuJr1OiPlRR3QAZUs

Dw52hdtdupL_J69QvCb_96O1M5R8_OCR2fGzDxv7ELfN_9IONCBkVzAewwMHuILQd0ZD74vyaErR4P0oTV_0y7AeqItJL2OzkGlBCn1ypMBiXYOuT0TskHe7Eh9Sou_IbsVK1DPh

We did not end up being seated early, and so by the time we got the text, we were all quite hungry!
Oh Sanaa! From the day we left Orlando in January, we were counting down the days until we would get to have bread service again. Of course, it did not disappoint.
CEYeJ863L3qtbw-f5T7Q1IV0Dg9O0VzXpnjrKSg0htP1z2kYetKRkB3dDY4Ib5mx-tQv4OTHMyR_R1NONI-bVmyb4l-AtC97DjDngtilnFxZhajLCwW97990XFJb03njb-LqufoA

We almost considered ordering 2 this time! We did not, and that turned out for the best because all of the entrees were large! I got the Boerewors Braii, at the suggestion of our server who mentioned that the sausage was made in-house. This was absolutely delicious! Strong fennel and spice notes in the sausage and warm, pillowy naan.

s0px_zfrW9Y9Uw2m6-5OLtRd6N6GU50VFVUlDx_hn8dM3Ac3e-JsxUAB08O-nfTcyQ6_fcrJWBGfQ1RC4AT-TxcTl7LCfHVOLgJOUC3QldREbIUXG5_UDThPKKiS87nFl7duzgAE

Tory got the Potjie Meal with chicken tikka and aloo masala, which was amazing as expected.

g1yjVyzUwBTNVtkAyq8Jro1AZBoYNkV4de0dXvIKcAqWePnonO3Sv-bQEAqboMFTK-ibBOHuG-SJGpbVyNSooAC0Y7BDBV4M1rspQQaG80FOEZo8PscBEcWVhZudK4P0sI5ud-eI

I also got a Tusker Lager and Tory opted for a glass of wine from the vineyards that were featured at our dinner at Jiko last time we were down. It was a warm day, so the lager really hit the spot!
We all split the candy bar for dessert, despite my protests that I was already so full. But hey, it was vacation! Sanaa was as great as we remembered, and will become a staple on any future trip as well!
92bLTz14hqtSQWBTTU6My0Mic-qYR2QUvilMNhcm3eqcsps09lMjHpiSpjFZffAvT8I2a7IWbHXWOZe-3TriELyUlIlJ7RTTi4mgLZ6X-74Z_8eMJZpUo_z_StIgliRmMbErY907

With full bellies, we took a short bus ride back to Animal Kingdom, as we had one more FP+ to use!

Coming up: A late afternoon and evening in Animal Kingdom followed by a progressive dinner in Disney Springs!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Following along! I really enjoyed your first trip report and it looks like 2.0 is off to a great start!

Congrats on the move and Tory's new job!

Following along! I really enjoyed your first trip report and it looks like 2.0 is off to a great start!

Congrats on the move and Tory's new job!

Thanks so much for following along!

Thanks! As you can imagine its been very busy since we've been back, but things have calmed down considerably in the last week or so. More installments of the trip are going to come more regularly!

9/22 Day 3- “You don’t even know who they are, love!” CONT

We made it back to AK very quickly. While headed into the park ee ran into Kevin. Hi Kevin!!

uImt__C9YCNauB-KkpRGjtYwoLJZzDvLWwsM6YWDP_e30I7gbSTEDJD86WmUEVmKUx6qrL3pHi9esM0z17WwH83wJoQWVItgnupUnFRUVO13e10ZIapVc7vmC39IL0isGEPgHxfg

We still had a little time to kill, so we took a photo in front of the Tree of Life.

5SpqwSVi77wG5Jd-YG-7O4HYMNeTTsApFEcGECXOFasUxSzQiKE4sz9Nix1x1t9dNIDqKlcmqoO2EMADwdzlT6dy0wq0WAifJtSCSuKCUxvVQUVykq5xpsnEGpFdXsd0msrkfBfh

qfoDWrcGwrkCv22X_9zYcke_cn9a3cOovYMTt0KO5XdEiWlzm21yxNQxy15WKyfFeDcqAFLDR1LkVmXcX-6t2fvZYBwLszxvFw7adsQSmxlsfghlSgwJRrvTy6yYMPsjB1bQya8G

John didn't get the scary face memo apparently!

We then checked out the otter exhibit. They are so active and playful! We took this path in front of the Tree of Life that we had never been down before. Pretty sure we lost Josh to the Gift Shop for a while, so we have quite a few photos.

0HMbJFwDlAZ43fJWZ_7k81Xdw2l-ucEBDTVxCaZZPzJccW0Kt2HSp1FMaZbSg9vEZUW4Qo91sIopXnNJQv0IzdiROgnvRcAPqKNTepNDSJPuR3j2So4dGzhqvTFK50E-ZtRAEGGS

srUjrQrTsmpp1GCNisec61LheeV6TBjBY-bRUkBKXdcTeqOxZP0PLlSy3KxkpStDQM33iXI5QIrGIUVLxlPvx_yg3gXE0ZJDLo6x30WLj0P1js04w-k1dH6kwlYuZXDde2iAGhf0

dGybJ8sR4D1I4sQH510pvDnDd9cIbvE35qQ1Gsicm4TTIL5LScPzC_bVUzNSy7kxpuProT5dlNf6hMpMRJp3p7tOQrjfAQVUocc4Me4jUeM7qHM1mf28VtT1gBtVEfewXtffvEoW

cW1hM2mf7zNLffFPmVVB2bOfj0BMQ0vkE8JCnUGNO_0QpdMRFL61HWSEN8sA66DZUbXV9KQBbjRUcAAKxxNmKmxdLQ2hIQDcEbI-V0JMqUsujAOx0hxUaJUOwRcW5DElWnkfOeql

JwDjG4tLBmnjTX8HpVaApw0InmueVDvR2PAnNj8RhM-HGVCwDhr0U9Q1vr47ZaNACOLkFsOivdvLwCyAAyFIsXN1PSEzGsOtS3833FcgknPZb0bLxkzLKecnmuW8o8Mgv5268JNy

_boAQ9bHXTnZFXF9nFDJaw2Y4AFqRUEF2hLhuVTbyzHE0u1kvoeMi0MXOlE55EwBJl4tJkFSRFxZ-KTEQzKDeelMs-IGQgv88AG-pha4UE3CqmBJx6w2vqHCuqRulMlX1f9YEuQf

We reunited with Josh and headed into Pandora. We had a couple minutes before we could scan into our FP+, so we reapplied sunscreen and took some more photos.

Je2a6MSXxDF01MdDBIJ2lUohPIUMHn2HGTMiqN3I75AFBGCMYm3VNiiP79NHXI8wmE2TTvmwB3jXn1xdF9AFDvDQ1FI7j-xQGmQwA8bBk4KTJkLlwcrgiTdooLdMaIHGZ19iYGu7

Finally, it was time to take flight on the back of a banshee! We scanned into the FP+ line and once we stopped, I turned around and noticed that the guy in line behind me had an Anaheim Ducks shirt on. The Ducks are my hockey team, and I was floored to see someone else repping them in Florida. So I told him that I liked his shirt and asked if he was excited for the season to start. There was a slight pause before his girlfriend piped up and said to him, “You don’t even know who they are, love!” in a strong Biritsh accent. He then tried to defend his shirt choice by saying he watched the Mighty Ducks movies as a kid. Tory and I found this whole exchange hilarious. Instead of finding another Ducks fan, I found a British guy who just liked the team logo! Tory and I repeated that line to each other several times over across the rest of the trip and so we both knew that it had to be the TR title. We also briefly overheard his girlfriend say “Not now love, it’s too hot” when he tried to hug her in line later, which was a strong runner-up for the TR title.

After a quick wait in line, we had our DNA matched and got strapped into the link chairs to fly! Despite having been on it before, every time feels like the first time because it is so immersive and breathtaking. What a beautiful musical score! I’m amazed that the timing and angle of the mist spray hasn’t eroded over time yet. They are really keeping this ride in tip-top shape.

As we were walking back into the Pandoran jungle, I pulled up MDE, hoping to snag a 4th FP+ for the group. I had Everest or Dinosaur in mind, but by some serious stroke of luck, there were 4 FPs for FOP for two hours from now!

As John and Josh were gushing about how much they enjoyed it, I got to look super slick, and ask, “Well, would you want to go on it again?” before showing them what I had just scored! One of those “you don’t believe it could happen to you” things, but it totally did! I scored FOP FPs as a 4th FP!!! Ahhhh! Now with two hours until we could use them, and having a reason to celebrate, we took a short walk over to Nomad Lounge!

I’ll admit, I hyped up Nomad Lounge to John and Josh a lot over the course of the day. I mean, you have to. It’s Joe Rohde’s best work! You take a perfectly detailed lounge, themed to taking a respite from world travel. Add in a great cocktail menu and you’ve got a place I never want to leave!

UbxAcMdX_Z1tIA5VDSZWxbwcVgkcdi8anzuVg7n-3ECImoBiPNh17v784WpxmvfQEvx4OS_4LZ1ics3m1xcnuL2ZUAg5kFTS36JqOM5RubBc3LuR0Fq-xe8vxZUqcFnnj-A3mWkJ

In need of a nice respite after a full morning and afternoon in the parks, we got comfortable inside Nomad Lounge. My notes just say, “Nomad Lounge heart heart heart” which is really all that needs to be said. The longer version is that we all had two rounds of drinks. Cocktails and conversation were flowing. We talked about opera, long-term life plans, problems we struggle with, and life in Europe. It was one of those evenings where you settle in, exchange ideas, and open up your heart to your friends with the help of a little alcohol. In other words, the best kind of conversations.

1TFjw-26PfECvgD6RVYFclrwqFoTAuyGDf1W2WOMlvm2avjBzM1ZrLk41P1r-MemmRJgOR9omxy0EAnQDYzCURNhaHQD4RCA8dxvtQsHQLBBvGJlE9L-CO7Ltfk68kfeOT5OoAnw

J3UCWcQlywHwvibvaH6nmw8ssVwbnQs3AZ18M5Flqb911v04TeK9rz4nfjIzO0sJBqxYnlLT5wbgJYir619CIv5oQ-Xce_xsaONTAkdiGH6lYLXvJY_vMTB3o81PuYgcCPj6Xtl5
UByyfJsEXv2FUTDnOzitUrHNTP_JzSV5YUz4o1858R2YEe5HGjVVEXGZIbXroTcemGOOT1uF700ICebOsS9qn6dwgo_nm11X4GdUkw5IIIXFq_0vzn13kGC_Ibsj_ECRm1Wwm3BY

Our waiter took good care of us and made some recommendations, including suggesting that Josh have a Bacardi 151 floater instead of banana liqueur added to one of his drinks!

We left Nomad Lounge with contented sighs. Since we had a bit of time before FOP, we wandered over to Everest which had a short 15 minute wait. While in line, Josh got a phone call from his mom and got to tell her about all the things he did that he remembered from his childhood and all the new things we had done. It was really cute! This photo never showed up in MDE sadly.

After another successful expedition to find the Yeti, we then hauled ourselves back across the park to ride FOP once more. Again, it’s still super amazing!

So, at this point, I believe we fell into the trap of trying to schedule too much and do too much in one day. When we were planning this trip, we knew we really wanted to do a meal at Raglan Road because we couldn’t get in there on our honeymoon. We tried on the one stormy night of our honeymoon, but it was absolutely packed and we couldn’t find a seat. So, we really wanted to make it happen this trip! During our planning, John shared that he had talked up Homecomin’ to Josh and really wanted to go back there. At some point, we decided it would be fun to do a progressive dinner of sorts in Disney Springs. Now, this on its own, isn’t too much, but when you couple it with being at AK longer than planned because you got FOP FPs and had so much fun at Nomad Lounge, it poses a bit of a logistical nightmare. So, with just an hour and five minutes to spare before our 9:25 PM ADR at Homecomin’, we parted ways with John and Josh outside of Animal Kingdom, as we thought we would have just enough time to make it back to our respective hotels, change, and make it to Disney Springs. Tory was feeling confident that we could do it. I started out agreeing with her, but when we closed in on 10 minutes of waiting for a bus to Coronado Springs, I started to doubt. When that 10 minutes turned into 15 minutes, I started to consider just heading straight to the Springs. Tory persisted and we devised a plan that would have us in and out of our hotel room in under 10 minutes.

With exactly 30 minutes (8:55 PM) before our ADR, we got off the bus at Coronado Springs and quickly sprinted back to our room. Honestly, while stressful, the whole thing was exhilarating and kind of fun. I changed clothes, Tory put a quick curl in her hair and fixed her makeup, and we were back out of the room in under 10 minutes. We took a brisk walk up to the Gran Destino tower and called a Lyft along the way. I very quickly stopped Tory in the lobby to get a photo of her looking cute!

CmvEFTcS4j1yHepzAQ1Th1OpZB1SRnVXdn-kvvnK6-NDchGXUiRr0ph4SCTOLuWl20oULc3a6YwZ7A-D3Rq-yZqbC1x2lPzdhapC2K6ahqWp8Cja0ETWN2rJR84kl4iUjyOOZmT9

Our driver was pulling in when we made it to the lobby. Perfect timing! He was a very friendly driver, and took the time to pull out a map of Disney Springs to figure out which drop off point would be closer to Homecomin’. While we appreciated the service, in my head, the seconds until our ADR kept ticking down. After a brief Lyft, we were dropped off inside the Lime Garage with 2 minutes to spare, and thanks to our Lyft drivers plan, we made it to Homecomin at exactly 9:25! I gave Tory a kiss and apologized for doubting her. John and Josh were slightly confused as to why we were so excited to make it, as they did not have a wait for a shuttle leaving AK.

We were seated right away on the front patio of Homecomin’ and we were greeted by our very perky, very Southern server. She walked us through the menu and got our drink orders.

I don’t want to be too negative, because I know how easy it is to dwell on the negatives, but Homecomin’ was the most disappointing meal of the trip. The food we ordered (the fried catfish and the fried chicken sandwich) was just mediocre. Nothing stood out as really good. The grits were super buttery (almost too much so) and the catfish was quite bland.

JxTS0rHpvYnQihVSryWSaKpi4IW3jxNQaUchAqrUk6i1KEqya-qPWzpfkqqdh3Q7nO8DixM_fWsXIWE9MGPy46m3JBSHgYLj9jAnRaClP-OxNRLyWVCCbnWzSaCwBHTOsc4E05LO

vgGV8DgLoL66Lbx_-diGP71ZFnyvYcEhw76tUjiuQS288VV2T2gUdX4qjRNnC0Jr7STkdanmwur8mwfqWkUoKB_DMdtd8xuWjLHHR-MXGpn39Zfaoe50GMI3daykOGk2Bm-G6fFB

I actually asked for some lemons to add a little acid to the fish. My Old Fashioned was way too sweet for my preferences, but that could just be me. Tory ordered gin with sparkling water and lime (her drink of choice at home), since she was a bit sugared out from the drinks at Nomad Lounge.

OoBM9J3V2hmrZYEK4CNiNNh_lip4l4JDrymHVi5i1lSY4jrQU6mt_agPL_NEBOgPnReyCAOKRi78S9TCAw9dOrqDa8wS18ci-UvNnVzArnbJLGBxK6R3DE_Pa7Pw8XUveFkX3dN2

John and Josh really enjoyed themselves, it was a gorgeous evening for eating outside, and the service was great, so I can’t complain too much.

Even with less than stellar food, it was great having some more fun chats with our friends. We passed on dessert because we had another stop to make! After settling our bill, we walked the 50 or so steps over to Raglan Road for a nightcap and some dessert. The dining room was emptying out since it was a Sunday night, so we were seated right near the stage, where an Irish Folk rock cover band called Strings and Things was in the middle of a set.

HNmuVMWRhcSKYbRmWy8O12EvrR3qYJvPHOwWU9PvAuphbK1M3SMmqU8nOOTolW6rMm9ZxsA4xrqYgZ7ovJ8yhOqPNggnUN5s2LgPkMRF3FiIP5L4JXuiF3dGqmiNM-eGstvXSE_z

Tory, Josh, and I opted for pints of Guinness, as one should at Raglan and John got a very John mixed drink, that I don’t remember. It was something about apple pie, I think. We also ordered the bread pudding at my request.

egFFnHvAD4F-fXQZtijbFXsjyUaO5DEZ4j_MlvtzVFbEmzdSq58TcbmkH2dzpJq3oldo6anwKBRDpnoDidU2tQR-_VVAVT7-UhnC6JK4oP4GEjm6tu9jwGfJaR0mC-NSTfd6h41i

Strings and Things was awesome! They switched between playing classic Irish folk songs and Irish Folk covers of modern rock songs, including Bowling for Soup’s 1985! We all very quickly fell under the spell of Raglan and were swaying with our pints in hand. The bread pudding was phenomenal. A classic, gooey, vanilla bread pudding that came out piping hot. At one point, the band was looking for requests, but none of us had a pen to write down any songs. Oh well, the songs they played were great and we ended the night with a folk rock cover of the classic Take Me Home, Country Roads.

aS9PVza6MkV9aAvoXhA1uMHn1yXZNd4rU_2urQqCzHjVQVvu0TLqB63zgGIQnXKjv14sV11OT87QjELvU_SYNRPmbElpr0JLGacqTOPzgm15YaqwF4aVrGbtlNfHY_lW52TisG8q

After that round of drinks and dessert, we all almost simultaneously had a wave of exhaustion hit us. It had been a very full day! Usually, Tory and I don’t build days this long, but everything kind of fell into place to make this one epic, long Disney day. We said our goodbyes to Josh and John, noting that we did not need to be up super early tomorrow. Thank goodness for that, as Tory and I nearly fell asleep on the bus ride back to Coronado! We opted to hop off at the first stop and take a late-night, lazy stroll back to the room. While Tory got ready for bed, I drowsily wrote up my notes for the day. Let me say, they are very funny to look back on. There are so many typos and weird phrases, since I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open. WHAT. A. DAY.

Instead of finding another Ducks fan, I found a British guy who just liked the team logo!
:rotfl: Oops!

I scored FOP FPs as a 4th FP!!!
Lucky! You should have purchased a lottery ticket that day too!

I don’t want to be too negative, because I know how easy it is to dwell on the negatives, but Homecomin’ was the most disappointing meal of the trip.
I've read a couple reviews recently where they haven't been impressed with Homecomin'. It's been on my to do list but it might be moving farther down the list.

Really enjoying reading about your trip, and loved reading your honeymoon TR! Your style of touring is similar to what my husband & I did for our anniversary trip last year. It is so fun to relax at the different lounges and try all the great restaurants in addition to the parks & rides!

Loving your trip report! Nomad Lounge is on my must try list. Always hear good things. We loved Homecomin’ when we went but that was a while ago. I’m hesitant to go back because it was the perfect day/company/mood/server and I’m not sure if it can live up to that experience again.

I still haven't made it to Nomad Lounge! And AK is my favorite park, too. This will be remedied and is a non-negotiable for my next trip.

Your day, while long, sounded completely blissful. Great company, great drinks, great rides, great park atmosphere - what more could you want?!

Really enjoying reading about your trip, and loved reading your honeymoon TR! Your style of touring is similar to what my husband & I did for our anniversary trip last year. It is so fun to relax at the different lounges and try all the great restaurants in addition to the parks & rides!

Thanks so much for following along! It's a great touring style! I think a lot of non-Disney obsessed folks just think WDW is just fried food and long lines. There is so much more to see and do!

Loving your trip report! Nomad Lounge is on my must try list. Always hear good things. We loved Homecomin’ when we went but that was a while ago. I’m hesitant to go back because it was the perfect day/company/mood/server and I’m not sure if it can live up to that experience again.

Thanks! You definitely need to hit up Nomad Lounge! It's perfect in so many ways!
Yeah, I've heard so many mixed things about Homecomin' that the day you go and what your order seems to have huge impact on your thoughts on the place. Glad you got to enjoy one of the good days though!

Raglan Road looks so fun! I need to go :)

I highly recommend it! It's on par with Rose and Crown in terms of pub experiences!

I still haven't made it to Nomad Lounge! And AK is my favorite park, too. This will be remedied and is a non-negotiable for my next trip.

Your day, while long, sounded completely blissful. Great company, great drinks, great rides, great park atmosphere - what more could you want?!

Yes!! :) Make it happen! You will not be disappointed!
Well said! A perfect Disney day!

Day 4 9/23 Apple pie was not happening

You know, as awesome as all these long days of theme parks and cocktails are, sometimes there are consequences to those decisions. I won’t lie to you, reader, I woke up a little hungover. My stomach didn’t feel great and I had a headache. I couldn’t let it bring me down too much as we had another great DIsney day to look forward to! Somehow Tory was not suffering the same effects though! We slept in the longest we did at any point on this trip. I grabbed some advil and rehydrated while Tory finished getting ready.

We then walked over to El Mercado to grab some oatmeal with raisins for breakfast. We agreed that we needed something lighter and healthier to help settle the stomach and also leave room for what promised to be a very exciting dinner! We took it to go as we did need to get out to the Magic Kingdom before too long. Because we slept in after our late night, we found ourselves at the Gran Destino bus stop at peak time and with a fairly large crowd. We were able to get on the first Magic Kingdom bus that arrived, although it was absolutely packed. Like, found a way to fill every single inch of floor space, packed. Some folks were not happy that the bus driver asserted himself and made sure people filled in all the space. Since Magic Kingdom is the furthest away park, it was a rather uncomfortable 10-15 bus ride. We had intended to eat the oatmeal on the way, but that was not meant to be. Finally, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom bus stop and got our personal space back. Security was a breeze, and we got in the park in no time.

We got word that Josh and John were on their way and we told them to meet us in front of the Haunted Mansion, which was our first FP+ of the day. We found a little half wall across from the river boat dock and finally got to eat our oatmeal. It’s weirdly surreal being in the Magic Kingdom. everything seems similar but yet off. I suppose Disneyland is just etched into our minds.

John and Josh arrived shortly thereafter and we joked with John about how the Haunted Mansion was completely in the wrong place as we tapped in. We had all walked to the wrong location in the park because we were on Disneyland auto-pilot! Although the stretching room was similar to Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion, the load area was entirely different. The first few scenes were entirely new to us as well. I really liked the one with the Escher-like stairs leading in all directions and the ghostly footprints. I’m not sure how I feel about the on-ride photo. I doubt very many of them turn out well. It’s just so bright and completely catches you off-guard.
LyRhqXvitf2bbUSJvMeV41xbBGqDWNqU-qyqo05T3P4IO2REAT5T5vWP9jaOCtni-FBkp8vawJnSMFWeleeRfHkmKBAJoO1pCCn6u8tNieKsLN_P2zDZeqeVD5U1RyHXxihEKBl-

PYFRzXIQDupqnzhg3oieeVe6nzl2iYd8fzJifmHvjOhvLghu-_FBv0PD06FqjaF0Z2UcsfQSLoRo1VpXsLMVwYqm3XYmAOUKY3haxTRPsZAaL5-3Ei20GBMka45OzmKiUViM0gxr

We walked back outside into the realm of the living and found ourselves very quickly in Fantasyland. After a quick couple of photos in front of the Tangled bathrooms, we were walking on It’s A Small World.
KXZUfP1NZ11piFy0JHe1ma0dCn0u5HKLLqkqxFm6SGlGtIK_9GtqKCvkCiEnLbFapOFNvvdoUKJzzE-Fi80Nsk9uG94zfcX4nfPPznY-zRHfTHupiLRaxmxm2V_Wu6N-6cyLqbLu

Josh was very excited to ride after so many years. We were curious as well to see if it was any different than our version at Disneyland. I didn’t know that Orlando doesn’t have the Disney characters in the ride! I don’t mind the additions as they feel appropriate to the Mary Blair style, but it was nice to see the classic version again. Orlando definitely has the better finale scene. The ferris wheel is pretty awesome. Plus your name showing up at the end is a nice touch!

mQ3WTpOkNfLEK928su1r2L0rYI6mZEoDEBcVpR0ll-k88pVeDILgXr4VEpBrPvQnM7T3nLradUs7462tGTtYThNI4RoXpjFpYLe3wyaiqtvfayO4eafuVjQFlNZEZNLJrvPUSSnU
Krx0wj8ARGUgrp7UuBtI4bWoQzHYne7I0maKgjL28wWJiMhMXq2mdWZsNXdAqhKpcjUFRp2vN7cKG5Afm6tsQJK9QkKumKgftonVoyWMXwfZSBpUDp3WIHPLXBM3EXoTtg_oSbOh
drbubFrmbyanA1Z-9nDJTDFYVB691Gzilica_34s_Zj5pXt0gW7pMe3BdqiSofCifpTqZyf0F_1uvvyF6ZVtwP7GV4k4AEobH8049c2GXFrVq6va23GPyF2swi0FONYeD5GVerfz

emY2BKwru7Fu9hF9dej8PncrVOu8PTXXuf3M30lNF_tYye_Zg_OpPpABxguB7a6qxkaVvm9ciO1-_9nt6nYoc_jobibKraQGyXFDZzMuGvqlU3wOTTyMnWoY-jyekqC21awE-qWn

We then made another short walk over to 7DMT for our next FP+. These are my favorite on-ride photos from the whole trip. We all look so genuinely happy! I have in my notes that “Mine Train is mind blowing”. That’s all that needs to be said. John and Josh loved it too.

wwM-cX_e8F0Vl9_-f1w1WvatxWiZmOIXq8yoEtVTTOMZdDcHRSipdBRR99QAr86iSk1J4nFT92kgIaG0KsOnsTgt4UnIR9Mm6ZdlxY3ZnkoSoOGPKa0JixH5ip2v-r0fEUg2R1X2

5EBC8CM9WPtXbA2zKUv36MQY5ZZhhY5dZ9knhf_o53DSmo0azGfhUjiCtyRKu09QcDF3ejx84ibbICCSku0a9A-VFRxmk8mVM1ECHBQXGn4lqq9J0CqnQFxuzYI2YFRtWR4zMG79

Pre-trip, Josh had requested that we see the Carousel of Progress, and we were more than happy to oblige, so we sauntered over to Tomorrowland. I really love the new color scheme with the pastels and whites. On our way, we saw that the People Mover had a relatively short line, and so we hopped in.

Jpy4Fyh2Xkj_HB-fzNY3g0Ena7plYZIIBGtlQlIqi73RrrM8xspWKPPwwwxPYvkbPY3Z1PKsX6PQW48hoexjMt8xnuyMQL1_8I5V1n0xayR5F1R8mTayA-TF-EOFvfQIbF85mlO-

We love the People Mover so much! So relaxing, so enjoyable! The views are spectacular and the weather at that moment was perfect. I would have made another loop if they would have let me!
Next, we fulfilled Josh’s request and took a spin on the Carousel of Progress. I really was able to appreciate it this time through. Each scene has an incredible amount of detail and the jokes are phenomenal. I kicked around the idea of being 1950s John for Halloween, but it didn’t happen. Maybe next year! This makes two costume ideas so far this trip!

By this point, I think we had overcome our sluggishness from the night before and were in the mood for some food. We were in luck as it was nearly time for our ADR at Jungle Skipper. Tory and I loved Jungle Skipper on our Honeymoon, and when planning a full Magic Kingdom day for John and Josh, we struggled with where to eat as the options in MK aren’t the best. So why not show them the best, even if it was a repeat for us?
kdiZPFUQIpwmoP4-ixheEVaiqiLmUt8dttNou0PxNozA4FTZv13XdE2S7WDGFPvHhpqqGUT3Jmc_iSH44wc3CDBu2yRFJCPP1dz2jwXxLyz08pAvhi4LC3YxkuHBWNi8_tvSNYUk

We were promptly seated by a very excited skip who made some jokes along the way. We were seated in what I have in my notes as the bird room. It was probably the den, but I was just enamored with the stained glass bird chandeliers that I just know it for that. I attempted to document the bird lights, but failed pretty miserably.
au9zCBaVKx2BB0D241NC48XqZxWy2-thpELoEL7oz5u6a-Kg9vkM9OnLqt-33N0_rse58NVUy8GiH5YI0cnMO-rXPJH0hDhfAx7os3L8Qj_j2Crz4mPy3LZ_a1_Yomnoc2LLJuc5

Tory and I ended up ordering the same things we got last time, the Perkins Thai Noodles and the Crew Stew. Both were as delicious as we remembered. It’s just so awesome that such interesting and adventurous options exist within the Magic Kingdom. The Pad Thai had a really nice heat level and wasn’t too heavy. Tory felt the same way about her curry, which was good because for the second day in a row, we had two sit-down meals planned.
cKpqhwLQwA7gx1aLLdFh-jhgQbWDEXBSv2wjUbnYcFAGzOKpwhhlVLPs4KBMObcKHLW1ZIRrwvcKOITHRqGaoMUctm6ooUMQuB2iEQ4wrHlK3qWtyRMxI-Bpef0VLIsDxA73oOE8

9yoRwh6RQusNq0pSLfTE01Q42-hPV6RmXEEafL-6csZvPJBZjm9Prqk6JgnLSWl7mHSjYMAdQNMPDmlU5Y2MvRUZ8UbeiNN5hG6hkZoFhMSyIFKk1jOyc4eXqxcmZjnh6TNofXAR
aJvdPQOQLvQAIiFs9X-wVhihlbzhlNWFZEmga5nfqUxB3HmeRq8QEOgkIz4br6KIhcrVI_Yz-KbYESpX5ktaNtuyZrjV_GwHIXglQdGLv2a8gwanzhWZ86_Ytnl8DVhPvC0i5A5g

It was really great lunch where we chatted about modern relationships and millennial issues. We had only been in the Magic Kingdom for three hours at this point, but it had already been such an amazing day. Perfect weather, great friends, and relatively low crowds.

Credit to my wife Tory for planning the FPs and ADRs so deftly that we walked out of lunch and right over to our third FP+ of the day Splash Mountain. Tory and I had skipped this on our honeymoon, as it was very cold, but now in the warmth of September, it felt like a much better idea! Again, it was a weird feeling riding Splash as everything seemed familiar, but just slightly different. The lap bar seemed odd considering that they don’t exist in the Anaheim version, although I did greatly enjoy the 2 per row seating. My notes also say that all of the audio animatronics were working, which is huge for us Californians, as it seems like every ride through of Splash Mountain out West finds multiple different AAs dark.
FPJ9Mr_1jmx925UKYffPXvM6ZDm7ZZw8lcCTZ7x7GIZWJ0dLP0Y8UcOlaPScvnF_-BI1KcQl2CVpZf_0PBsnHcX5O8uAACWVocpY9nfhelFNzAqf8KlnHUL4GtapbZHu7qkm7i8V
Zqb9tqmqXSvKkPsIot82r8s6WsHPhrC_uj6unVPHtYt2fAJl72k-P5vkE_CEvqBReY0V1cbak4z9_3oXVtIEKUj1CGZKJxye_2F0nKVrkVJAG55WeEcDAubzHNCZ2xkCYCrejDAX

0AcLiM0ctsGFZb0s3fY6eO7LZu-OQt2ZJnZ6N6F4I-Fp67t1NT-B-3wa6RJbbbt3nGQ3UDQZmTdl99jiTNd25me9Pn9HfKYok4hYEXALUVGN0v5IHnK8bjk6tp_YWSTxPvNl4V3z
_CSUkm5lA73l8EHUm9cS9HwMMCRTAPl8KC1hYr0r5o1fQtZOIwOsoZzedami3rr4cpopbF62dBsYOHMZkjmcJtxJI9Fj-mBj-A-CeRosu447_7hXHXH_30rrMCoLCOtvUf0TG5ir

As we got off Tory was able to snag a Jungle Cruise FP for later in the afternoon. Then, thanks to her refreshing skills over the next 15 minutes, she was able to move it up to just an hour from then! This wasn’t the last time she pulled this off over the rest of the trip. While she had her head in her phone, I carefully guided her, John, and Josh over to Aloha Isle for a much desired Dole Whip! Mobile Order is a lifesaver here, seems like it saved at least 10 minutes!

The Dole Whip was incredibly refreshing, although it was melting in a hurry in the afternoon sun.
u6y7jKJSjsRGohXUWmh7G4XZY5g8csmEy071ZIQYIeL417aNN6OkAdltGonxO26_R82gdFCoQYJGMDaUCYZLu47qGOSgpQEhfd10z8V9gRWclkQ5trbsMa5pD-3Pqnm6SxBSdViy
JuRvNcPGgzI7zWd0kh4NUHGu62H3A_2N5Io59-wHL6JLeWtQ5-C8zFB4JDhK7ktrY7KfzCb_W-HMMbT2hOhXQzIs_uKicaSiYER1bcqCqWLDgM8HEBIY3nn8Ub-AS5ZiRLlGd2Gn

Josh had requested that we go over to the Hall of Presidents, and we obliged as we hadn’t seen it yet. The parade was getting ready to step-off and so navigating Frontierland and Liberty Square proved to be a bit of a challenge. We arrived at The Hall of Presidents just as they were closing the rope. The CM noted that the next showing would be in half an hour. With some time to kill, we ducked under the rope right in front of us and found some room to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
zsipE69yVPY2p4qgW9J9K7XI2BJk2a_LLg4zBtqsBMuxFRJysjNkuxE8g3T90f88Nm296TBiGuTqhzqHpcI_vRUrU2fopan0urLd6GEvgkca6FLZ1Gqid5A2M7xCKXJqMAOImVs4

Readers of our last TR will note that I love a parade! The afternoon parade is a staple of Disney Parks and finds a way to really make me feel like a kid. The four of us waved at characters, danced around, and just generally laughed and enjoyed Disney entertainment at it’s finest.

OgvpyHcvW92DTDbatlEVIsKg4MOt9iZhAY5qG3X3Pm0Qk5sMVj4JPZGYKckuF1_tf99sFoY0FSA1mBn3PemLaF3iQ5w8jcUhnQpIZ3wDgB_9PICjtMsCYRDJEBU8kcRzC0rRs6-L
6ElBo6YwCc_fl_Vr8bBsS4XWLns5x9RIk5d5YJ6t8LPIjiyqOrYtXVcDxwRVJR5icPLR5NxExnyzhMHDvg8XHAYRawKjUL5VJWamN8F7KCZXRyyFc8mAquywF04hnwyhN-42Z1F6
8XNnQOp6CPYxjNUmzf_Vo4zHtvJWwUPFX6bx7bjh4BeaKdvpdq4auoS4rnyR1y-P80AE9uybXu9MbGi3oRtgOU9lHV6_01AIFVBMhnwreoKx5OMw887eLXMnKa-bo_mi-g6G67zr
52usyoYD7QZpEOnRGzfwVf-4zP6qSFe9xcOVTQBNGEpwsydk3DrZMcu79QQz3OM8I4w1H5vPqkYfdJV3ZLERCnG9up-778-u0Kel1TErW_3AfonQs8fRWfe8NevSPrjcbcAK6GJU

During the parade, Tory and I got to see Maleficent for the first time, as she was still down during our honeymoon trip. She is incredible! I love how they were able to take a steampunk dragon concept and turn it into a working parade float. The fire is a true wow moment!

Just as the last float passed by, the CM at the entrance to the Hall of Presidents invited us into the lobby and let us know that the next show would be beginning in just a few minutes. Walking around the lobby really got me excited to see the show. I had no idea that Disney had all of these pieces of history and they were on display every day at the Magic Kingdom!

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is in my top 5 favorite attractions at Disneyland. A Walt Original, an amazing animatronic, and a message about how great our country is and can continue to be. It gives me chills every time I see it. Hall of Presidents is the logical successor to Great Moments. After the opening movie about some of the great speeches and moments in US Presidential history, the big reveal is even greater than Abe standing up. The curtains revealing every president in animatronic form is phenomenal! Then, being able to appreciate the likeness of each animatronic to the real man while they do the roll call is awe-inspiring. Some presidential animatronics were definitely better than others, but the skill of the sculptor was evident with each. I don’t want to touch on current events or politics, but I will say that especially in today’s highly polarized world, the Hall of Presidents should be required viewing for all Magic Kingdom guests. It reminds us all about our shared values and how we all want the same thing for our neighbors and our country. Truly beautiful stuff Disney!

We left the Hall of Presidents feeling pensive and reflecting on our great country and this weird political moment we find ourselves in. What better way to lighten the mood than by hearing some dad jokes? We headed over to Adventureland to use our Jungle Cruise FP+. We let Josh and John know that this would be our last ride of the day, and we would be heading out after to get ready for our dinner at Flying Fish. While in the FP line, Tory snagged a Space Mountain FP+ for the two of them, and then filled John and Josh in on her tips and tricks for refreshing the app for FPs so they could maximize the rest of their MK day. Our dinner reservation was for 6 PM and Happily Ever After was scheduled for 9 PM, so our plan was to meet back up with them to catch the fireworks to end the night.

But first, a trip through the jungle! We had a great skipper who at one point asked if there were any PhDs on board, and Josh, Tory and I all pointed at John. For the rest of the cruise any time the skipper made a joke he would lean over and ask John if he got it. It was hysterical! He even threw in some great chemistry jokes towards the end, even though he didn’t know John’s degree was in chemistry! We were all dying of laughter by the end. What a great way to end a morning and early afternoon at the MK!

We left John and Josh to continue their park day and we headed out to the bus stop. It was about 3:30 PM at this point, and we had only arrived at the park a little before 10, so it had been a very successful day at the MK! While waiting for a bus back to Coronado Springs, we got to talking to a family with a young son from Atlanta. As our bus approached, the dad said to his son that their bus was here and the kid exclaimed, “Yay! Let’s hijack it!” I doubled over in laughter! The parents did as well before quickly correcting their son on not using that word to describe buses, planes etc. It was a great “Kids Say the Darndest Things” moment.

Coming up: Flying Fish! Need I say more?

Last edited:
Day 4 9/23 Apple pie was not happening CONT

We got back to our room a little after 4 PM and had some time to lay down and relax. Even as two adults without kids, down time is so important on a Disney trip. Coronado Springs being so centrally located made it very easy to find some time to recharge and take a nap so that we could be fully present for the evening activities. And we had a great night ahead of us!

A little before 5 pm, we had woken up from our nap and we were ready to go. We hadn’t been to Three Bridges Bar and Grill situated in the middle of Lago Dorado yet, so we decided to have a pre-dinner drink there before heading over to the Boardwalk. We had walked by this every day so far and we knew we had to stop in eventually. The space is gorgeous! Great views of the lake, the grounds, and the Gran Destino Tower. It has design touches that feel Spanish-inspired, while still feeling casual, as it is an outdoor space. I think as soon as we sat down, Tory and I knew we wanted to spend more time here than we had! It was that cool! We found two seats at the bar, and our bartender greeted us warmly. I opted for an IPA and Tory got one of their three sangrias.

VDl_JcNyMAL7yr6KBue19UHzAaNsWKHNUmd1l2lipQv1lVk7e2c-X79uBCPeIblew6JmrVDWC2yt05BtxkLoI6xqFhKCZ0c3zaXGri4EsHoEa7eBJkw1jb-7FO9OI5ZQ09CbDjvS

We sat back and soaked up the late afternoon sun and breeze. The beer was nice. Tory’s sangria was a bit too sweet for her, but most Disney drinks are. Our bartender was very friendly and noted that we were dressed up. We told her we were headed to Flying Fish and she got so excited for us. We learned that she was relatively new to working for Disney, but grew up locally and loved the parks. We mentioned that we were from California and go to Disneyland a lot, which led her to gush about how much she wanted to make it out to see Disneyland. It was cute.

We also got involved in conversation with the woman a few seats down from us who was at Coronado Springs for a medical conference. I’m not quite sure how it happened, but Tory and this woman started talking about the lack of antibiotics for UTIs and the growing concern about antibiotic resistance within the medical field. I always love hearing my wife talk about her research and get excited about science, so I just sat back and watched it happen. I did have to step in at some point to let Tory know we needed to get going. We paid our tab and thanked our server and the woman for some great conversation. We saw some folks order some of the food and it looked delicious. Sadly, we didn’t make it back there to try it at any point. It’s on the bucket list for trip #3!

Okay, so Flying Fish! I have been dying to write this part up since we got back and I started writing up our TR. I nearly wrote things out of order so I could get to this part faster, but I restrained myself.

Tory and I loved Flying Fish! I cannot stop gushing about it! I’ll spoil it up front by saying that this was the second best meal we’ve ever had on Disney property, and that’s only because we went to V&A on our honeymoon. I’d go so far as to say it is in my top 5 meals of all time, period. Spectacular from beginning to end!

After a quick Lyft ride over to the Boardwalk, Tory and I arrived at Flying Fish a few minutes before our 6 PM ADR.

mMRRvBMWwpYSYKf4Uwi1CIxHWNnPs2mH5CTaLvzdvviBBAIHWiNaS24ULdYHY-4_3qsEDaPbCa8ei5X24-ja5qTOp7adobCPPOCN6Fz8OkVtVFsZJq6hcamlvdBIs69OaEvjUFal

We immediately felt transported from the beach town vibe of the Boardwalk to something much more elegant as soon as we walked in.

I want to state that I understand that some long time WDW fans have some attachment to the previous version of Flying Fish. I don’t want to negate those feelings at all, because we hadn’t been to Disney World prior to the remodel, so we have zero knowledge of what it was before. Our review is purely based on what we experienced that night.

To us, the decor felt appropriate for a signature dining experience. The dark blues and greens mimicked the ocean. The large bubble chandelier gave the impression that we were coming to the surface. It was sea-inspired while still feeling formal. I used to travel to coastal towns in the PNW for work and have been to mom-and-pop seafood restaurants that feel homey and charming. While that would have made sense given the Boardwalk location, the choices made here also made sense given the price point.

8QEApHwi_Pa2Igot6Eo8GCKiDQdU9CzHMrCnnzDp0uQTCYYTvS9Hud75RjaupeNEXBdREbaI9wdlkC-YKXX9QPHWkhVKlU3h-GJnz4pyMTeaXHpu3R_-T-huhQkkUxTQBvQu2iny

0xbqlPlS8FHGvFiPHVrsQ2Dw1w5x6kkggEUxc-JLD5HzLMpwKj9adHXvSSjgJSPa7oxJ50PNVvilWdBYEQ4yVU7oHvem3218h_t4f-sOCb0JU_JhsiwDgHc2xzpUC3kWvDqJF9oV

Once seated we were warmly greeted by our server. She was incredibly professional while still being a bit playful. I think some might have found her a little too fun for an upscale restaurant, but it worked for us. We told her how excited we were to be here, because we cancelled our ADR at the last minute on our honeymoon. She thought that was a great story and was happy to tell us all about the menu. She noted that we would have a great time tonight. We were so excited!

We opted to each get a glass of wine to go with dinner, Tory opted for a Cab and myself a Pinot Noir, both from the Willamette Valley. I only point that out because it's kind of a running joke between us. We went to one winery in the Willamette Valley once because we had a Groupon and we ended up loving it! We know nothing about what makes the Willamette Valley special, but any time we see wines from that region listed, we gravitate towards them to playfully feel like wine aficionados.

NhqUYhURPiDk9msLk14snJCQckIj-b1ggz54V9SMsSh3_s5f8GfIsOHL8nW_wV2b06NwGCaW2lucw__OgsEwxg_YP6HrJgVOzIBkDg0nGGKb1q2IQsbr9mWkeIWAOSI9ZvWfahMj
-EW1Nug3eqypw9uy8AB8Ypem_10pu3s_cMC0wjKw_XOJ5y3mLjXhkeKWt7-w42BjFYQgxIhbfNcPB3awHrPyDLD8EHAnf8BGvTc9FpUf-XkQB6XpSaIccu8LrY5DW3mbxefsr5tp

We got the mussels as a starter. Our waitress joked that people love them so much that they end up drinking the broth. I thought that seemed odd, and then I tried a mussel with the broth! It was a fairly classic preparation. The mussels were steamed in a white wine and dill broth and topped with some cherry tomatoes, but it was done to absolute perfection! The mussels were tender and appropriately briney. The broth though was other wordly! I can’t put into words how phenomenal that was. The dish came with a few pieces of a baguette to sop up the broth. Our server had also brought us out the bread for the evening and that also went towards getting every last drop of that broth. By the way, the bread had nori baked into it! Brilliant!

ECHoybsECPHBOVfbBCBaS1s1NXL72J9IGos9aR84bvAz_SGpDqFl6V8j9qUVRFdjq5V3RY0mLNYni3ScEo28Zxvbpz6IhAaRUPNqIM_Ca3cb07_9zZ9NbdPxuuVHtk6eCo4-BmID

The hits kept on coming. I went with the filet mignon as my main and Tory got the sea bass. We also added on the octopus to share. I don’t even know where to start. It was all that good. My filet was cooked to perfection and served in an incredibly rich, red wine truffle sauce. The risotto with caramelized onions was also great! It was a very decadent bite of food! Almost bordering on too rich. I don’t think I can knock it for that, but it could have used a little something to cut the richness. Tory said vegetables would have done the trick.

oe1-W81hkzXjUbE5IbFAhiSTg5Z2a18Pin6i4ZLdTlrqoZJYbk58CckojY51SHmzd_yR6ezncqVhbN6CH9FcBiPQQA1dZMME51OAy5WmSz4CeEb1pPWaq5-VpKfJHajeot6w-Ob_

Tory’s sea bass was equally as tasty. The sea bass was well-cooked and not dried out. It played really well with the leeks.

GcPanGB70aXKegHUlmg_FraNJ69TwRydl1a06ULRiAT80GYQ59x5gWz_E_dLohgXKr1kuNscI61fYRo4noyFy4ezEfdZwTveI0fVyso_dQ29_YzIW_MZnbp3W2ZGky3lsLKmvjjQ

Then there was the octopus. Remember how I said that I had the best octopus of my life at Toledo two nights previously? That changed. This octopus was dressed very simply and had a few dollops of a romesco sauce on the side. It was designed to let the octopus be the star, and it certainly was. The biggest difference between this and the one at Toledo was how insanely tender this one was. Bad or overcooked octopus can be tough, but even well prepared octopus has a certain chew to it. I have no idea how they made this so tender. It was a masterful dish and I was in awe

ztcLYK7pn0qOTsoiL2b6gPF2gEcGhaePj7tlE56hMrRgHwvT6ThbxoSvdYsXihwbwEIMqu95D8KREYKdILYfhiH6OcmAZ_tpcYV04fC_r2SNYhB0D97fRpqzO_S-BdvCwnCn3FFR

We ended the meal with the Florida Sunset dessert. Going in, Tory and I were on the fence about ordering dessert, as Ample Hill Creamery was just a few steps down the Boardwalk. However, we had to give their desserts a try as everything else was so great. Our server even got the kitchen to put the congratulations piece of chocolate on our dessert! She said she was sad that we didn’t end up coming on our honeymoon, but that we could still celebrate tonight. A very nice touch!

mXK0cxx7UJIR8tUPMNtC2tfMh0vZ3zD6aWXAA2Nh6jV-HwG1VayMoQeyPGZF8rRNqKjvo5zX-SQmL5tvqGJiXblz6h-C-7azYGSVRAtBcqUbVWzdkekzcd13R8sBRjtK6gnOEfub

The Florida Sunset was a great way to end the meal. It was citusry and light while celebrating all the fresh produce Florida is known for! The lemon broth was really clever and went well with the vanilla custard “sun”.

Oh Flying Fish, you are perfect. Whenever we next come back to WDW, Flying Fish will for sure be the first ADR we book. Literally our only complaint was that there were no vegetables or salad to pair with the meal. We were definitely starting to crave some veggies at this point in our trip!

sVnMZnEFetuGHe7LZWxWe1uiPenJgh2gv08WPoNM1-Dhz0bB3JAOIsaR0gkUhknU3gs9EkiJVloReR0_wOnS7obo-xOKID8Il7_jLI2MzHSrzifShmWOfsFlGDXzNeghSoEc5nhW

We headed back out to the Boardwalk about an hour and a half after we were sat. A well-timed, three course meal! It was only a little after 7:30 PM at this point, and given that we slept in, the night was still young in our minds. We let John and Josh know we were on our way to join them for the 9:00 PM Happily Ever After!

xzfTET_WkU2uSIaIs9_AG_54_QEEpjmmdvW_T8chDqIq8AtCCHOlRHOAxwy56w4mGOGbTl3SA1HMQpuXnocrCJ-_KyMl1xpoUSsxQ_DNSYl_TKBYjJS2PH41BsYthFScA_fzgK5H

We took a slightly longer route over to the MK, as we wanted to scan into EPCOT. Once we heard about the AP F&W coaster set that you could get after your fourth visit to EPCOT, we were determined to get ours in a six day stretch!

We walked through the World Showcase entrance to EPCOT and took a leisurely stroll through England, Canada, and Future World to pick up the monorail. Before too long, we were whisked away from EPCOT and soaring over the Florida swamplands towards the TTC. There really isn’t anything interesting to look at once its dark on the monorail from EPCOT. We then briskly transferred over to the MK line, as there was a train actively loading. By 8:30 we were scanned into the MK and heading down bizarro Main Street. John and Josh told us they had a spot near the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and thankfully, we had no trouble finding them. Unlike Disneyland, where us locals can clog Main Street and the hub for an hour or more before a fireworks show, we were pleasantly surprised that less than 30 minutes before Happily Ever After started, we still had some breathing room around us. It filled in as the show approached, but I didn’t realize how easy it would be to get a fireworks spot.

We caught them up on our amazing dinner at Flying Fish. They then shared their afternoon/evening FP luck including Big Thunder and Space Mountain! Before too long, the lights dimmed, and Happily Ever After began.

9nfyFGKTG9UkpHacv2rWOGI3Jsug17Is7aIR5jljSL_yDMGK77K3LX5sx6t1-GWmhV3ofH_o-2klyPnu9TMBWQJi9eIDF1jZcOiiTibylV0Ct5SpOj-BmbrnzT9y92oL7OXVtLtB

Disney fireworks are quinnessential Disney theme park experiences. The seamless blending of pyrotechnics with classic songs and lights just warms my heart. In my mind, “Remember, Dreams Come True”, the fireworks for Disneyland’s 50th, is the best firework show that Disney has ever created, and you can fight me on that. Every other fireworks show at Disneyland since that has just seemed like an oddly-paced clip show. I don’t want to hate on them too much, as again, they still are great spectacles, but they don’t get me to well up with tears the way RDCT could (no shame in admitting that). HEA fell in the clip show category for me. It was good, not great. I think it tried too hard to hit every single classic Disney song, that it didn’t take time to develop any heart. The projection mapping was phenomenal, and I certainly appreciated the inclusion of “Out There” as a big Hunchback of Notre Dame fan, but overall I found myself wanting more.

I’ll also add that my thoughts on the show might have been slightly soured by the folks around us. One family to our left did not stop talking throughout the entire show. Why even watch if you are going to have a conversation? Then there were the numerous iPads and phones with flash left on. Do these people realize that better versions of the show are already on YouTube? What are they gaining from filming it themselves? I’m going to stop ranting here before I completely make it seem like I am an old curmudgeon. I’m certainly glad we saw Happily Ever, and it was definitely a great way to cap John and Josh’s last park day!

We followed the masses out of the park and John noted the very long line to take a monorail or boat over to the TTC, where their hotel shuttle was. Josh asked if there was a way they could call a Lyft, and I suggested that they head over to the Contemporary and call one there. Tory and I offered to walk them over, as we didn’t mind waiting for the crowds at the Disney bus stop to die down either. Along the way, I pointed out the lights from California Grill on the top floor of the Contemporary, and mentioned the amazing brunch we had there on our honeymoon. Somehow that led to the suggestion that we should see if we could go up to the California Grill lounge for a drink. John and Josh, not wanting their last night to end yet, agreed, and so we found ourselves at the California Grill podium asking if there was any way we could head upstairs for a drink. The cast member assured us that it was no problem at all and directed us to a waiting elevator.

And now, I finally get to introduce the context for the day’s title. On the elevator ride up to the top of the Contemporary, the cast member stationed inside told us that they just released some new menu items today, including an apple pie dessert that she got to try earlier. She really raved about this pie, and by the time we got off, despite all being plenty full, were making eye contact with each other as if to say, we need to get this pie!

There was plenty of room in the lounge. We pulled some chairs together and got comfortable. The view from California Grill at night is almost as good as it is during the day. The MK is beautifully lit, and you can still see the monorails and boats whizz by, and the lights of the Grand Floridian and Poly reflect on the water.

_WnwkMeu3CQRCtFEmoNiagV7WfFFkMPl3PdEYzsQnNd5v5YHdQqUSKztbbQ6lM7NGCX_qW61YOXqK9hjdX2TAa-S5R3SnuEkiR0TIGUnzizOQQMlnBzzQULn3nKzcYNp3wGZpuDi
5UUcfHTUXwS5DCtJjuLAQVhggzhW7YxM1jFMAO4lwSBmj5qWwGBLfJWGq9WHJuCp5nFEyJ3HwnjeLBpQMOymQAg6sIjdAfju9iagnu94TA2T9X4DAxVVzEt-P6mdgLzfc2KAxj8A

Our server greeted us, and once we explained we just came up for a nightcap, she went over the wine and cocktail menu for us. When she came back to take our order, Tory inquired about the apple pie. Her facial expression changed to that of confusion. She looked at us for a second or two before she asked, “How do you know about the apple pie?” We replied that the CM in the elevator told us all about it. Our server then explained that they made the apple pie for the staff today, but it wouldn’t be offered on the menu until Wednesday. She then peered over to the elevators to see the door open, and said that she was going to go catch the CM in the elevator and let her know about her mistake. Tory said it wasn’t a bit deal and we didn’t want anyone to get in trouble. The CM had just made the pie sound so good!

When she came back, she assured us that the elevator attendant was her friend and she didn’t want her to get in trouble, but she needed to clear up the confusion. Apparently, the elevator CM had been telling folks about the apple pie all night! Haha. I’m sure there were some other funny waiter guest interactions that night all about the forbidden apple pie! We had a good laugh and put our drink orders in.

While relaxing, we were able to catch some low level fireworks going off around the castle in MK. I’m not sure what they were from, as we had just come from Happily Ever After, but it was a nice touch!

m5SXGTtlg_KVC0f4JJj6bFNnUAy1KD-cpawebtESIAaIIS_TdYk36ehGH0uU_V-05HL7txGjoWQ7B--UURZdudsLhaDFw8VBf_A0KX0G-T_xAZZGoR29hI0OIInWqRjryoF_BWRt

I got a classic old fashioned (fitting, given my old curmudgeon rant from earlier), and Tory got the Bees Knees, a classic gin drink. Both were very well crafted, but I wouldn't expect anything less from California Grill. It was a great way to end the night! Not much better than relaxed drinks with good company. This really became the theme of the trip!

-if7BWjrs-MggNW3sQVRgD8PX6VAcoUeAJALCtWoomPT7qjOnVunUZ78OzvSdcZ0rM8uJsUoWosEOFZEte_2zpdXNCVwA8LQGjILwe2FnAdHX4xY-cAOKBTrBt44-GNqVbo9sUD2

We took the elevator back down to the lobby and said goodnight to John and Josh. Josh and I both called a Lyft. John and Josh’s was set to arrive in 4 minutes, but ours wouldn’t be there for 15! They had Disney/Lyft magic working for them apparently!

Our driver did finally arrive, and we made it back to Coronado Springs after yet another amazing Disney day!

Such an amazing evening! It's so excellent when you find a restaurant that is perfect for you. I agree about HEA, it seems like it moves a bit too quickly to really get in to the story.

Happy holidays to all! Hope you are all having a great time with friends and family! It's cold (by California standards) this week, so how about we reminisce about a warmer sunnier time at Disney World!

Day 5 9/24 So much water up the nose on the cannonball one

We really played this day by ear. Originally our rough plan for the day was a morning at Typhoon Lagoon, lunch with John and Josh before they flew home, FPs at EPCOT, and dinner at Monsieur Paul. What ended up happening was an early morning at Hollywood Studios, a morning at Typhoon Lagoon, lunch with John and Josh, an afternoon in the pool, a nap, dinner at Satuli Canteen, and Rivers of Light.

And it ended up being an amazing day! That’s one of my biggest Disney World tips for folks: Be flexible. Obviously make plans and book ADRs for the very popular restaurants and your FPs for the day, but be open to changing your plans as the trip unfolds.

So, the core plan for this day was to check out Typhoon Lagoon and meet John and Josh for lunch before they headed home. At some point pre-trip, I read some amazing reviews of Monsieur Paul’s summer prix fixe menu, and booked us an ADR for this night as we had it open. French isn’t our favorite cuisine and Monsieur Paul wasn’t on our radar, but the price point ($59 for a four course meal?!) and reviews convinced us it was worth trying.

We woke up fully rested a little earlier than we had both expected. I will say that the curtains in our room and the angle at which our room was situated kept it pretty dark in the mornings, which is always a plus in a hotel room in a different time zone. This made it even more baffling that we both woke up decently early. It was 7:30 AM and we were both wide awake. Since Typhoon Lagoon didn’t open until 10 AM, this gave us a small chunk of time to fill. After a little discussion, we decided to pack our water park wear and head over to Hollywood Studios with the intention of riding Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. Hollywood Studios was doing EEMH starting at 6 AM during this time, and we joked that we might as well try to make one EEMH during our stay. I went and grabbed us some oatmeal for breakfast as Tory finished getting ready and we hopped on a bus headed for HS!

U9xwHgj0QDb_zQd3fUG08zqp4zAVpBGxr-JHGa5wOcvswI3MiEdm-7QUGyxRaNfI49qjGZLenJPF-VwR1VCNqsOFgdDZAX7JKRFYOT1Skqpc6qSXswHtwLceq3pfMmpTMWM50gyp

We were through security at Hollywood Studios by 8:30 AM, giving us half an hour before the park opened to non-hotel guests. We had checked out Galaxy’s Edge in Anaheim a few times over the summer, so it was not on our list for Orlando. We walked directly over to the Hollywood Tower Hotel and saw it had a posted wait time of 15 minutes. The CM at the entrance to the queue said that it would probably be 30 minutes. A little discouraged, but prepared, we hopped in line. I’m not sure where she got her information from as it ended up being right around 15 minutes until we were on our elevator headed to the fourth dimension. Tory and I both love Tower of Terror so much. We miss it dearly out in Anaheim, but are so glad that the superior version has been spared from any cheap Marvel or Pixar overlays! That moment when your elevator starts to move forward into the fourth dimension is so surreal and unnerves me, even though I know its coming. Don’t touch Tower of Terror, Disney! It’s perfect as it is!

ZpUD3Q64wlUpZb-ktEsnrpfO7_2ChYA5JQwNAp2mgTRQiu6NBtEgx10eyTyH_in6ZbEF2l_IaNfzO6kOZq59l_2Bg0Imjd9y5mflYs3RJqoypeNEFHcbM9K0_5isFFdaHvpT9W6w

We got off laughing with huge grins on our faces! After a quick bathroom break, we entered the queue for RnRC right around 9 AM. There was no mad rush of people making their way over to this end of the park, since everyone was headed over to Batuu! We waited about 10 minutes. Apparently when the waits are short, they don’t run the preshow. It’s just line space, and the show runs constantly. We missed out on saying hi to Steven Tyler, but I guess he was still able to get us some backstage passes. We sat in the back car of our limo and ended up waiting for launch. Our wait time here was a little longer than normal. Long enough that I started to get a little uneasy and nervous. Just as that unnerve started to kick in, Steven Tyler counted us down, and we were off! We laughed at all the LA freeway references, and I tried to make some jokes about getting on the 101 at rush hour all while on a loud rollercoaster in the dark. I’m not sure if Tory heard them or not. (Note: I checked with her and she did not.) When we got off, we both noted that it felt rougher than we remembered on our honeymoon. It left us both a little woozy. It’s by far the most intense ride on property, and I don’t think it will be high on our list on any future trips. And yet again, here we are sounding like we are in our 50s and not our mid-late 20s!

fRssvwCh_xxtMtIYgqcUNju3KE4Xxtmtg5EPDRA81UW2H5p5p3Awsy0xuvC672gs1sTK9c-Wc3_Tx6vbL9z2cU38G1cfVaHaxKcf4Cmp0GlVf09KrZSj35XM2do3MOdqak3TH9lX

We were back out in front of Hollywood Studios right around 9:30 AM. It turned out to be a great snap decision to come to the park, and made for a great start to the day! We also saw cast member Skyliner testing!

ItIR3NBAMOnkEI2X-HHdX8pDd8z-zW3k0Wul-1uUch_GFMj2IOBHaw0VrxbuC0Rj8371G0L_xerieems1cQKxhMw7lZCDK98WQNxuc5DbmCcAv2PbZYeTWHm4ydnmLevSHD-j3I4

We called a Lyft to take us over to Typhoon Lagoon. Our Lyft driver almost immediately after we sat down started asking us our takes on some recent political events. I tried to answer vaguely and briefly to shut down the topic, but he persisted. He spent the entirety of the 10 minute drive over to Typhoon Lagoon ranting about politics. He also told us that he got a poor rating yesterday from someone who didn’t agree with him politically, but apparently that wasn’t enough to get him to stop. Tory and I got out of his car confused and slightly frustrated. I don’t think he was going to make it as a Lyft driver for long.

However, we very quickly put him and politics out of our mind as we scanned in to Typhoon Lagoon!

Vs3szxklwhZmtCFu18GXmoChYI6qDzxOdHs3V-gW3u9YR0y6Ce1XJSJZqQMCYl31XBl1UQgk8NqTjWE5OIVoxjeoYg2iSUm39lJ9gK0-jXKqlnL1I_3eCY4VvLJg2NnAO5Snbm5s

aEv5TYG_-9RUZeXL4p30zT4XyTEq44GV0Wh70LJuYPrhZ_xJuCHAsqIwjxETBWAreNmDtmDizF1u0E0oVDzyIQuJu7jtu4ZBLN4PmDzAC4-tYhB2l6jNNRIfUVbFER1OLAhkrMXv

Some important background here: I had never been to a waterpark in my life. Just wasn’t something that interested myself or my family as a kid. Tory, on the other hand, went to a small local water park several times as a kid, and also spent a summer in high school working at one! She has plenty of stories about customer service and odd guests from that summer. Plus, she saw how water parks are run and the often disgusting things that kids (and adults) do in them. Suffice to say, I think she would have been content not going to another water park.

It was obviously way too cold for a waterpark on our honeymoon, but once we booked our return trip for September, I got an itch to see Disney water park. I hadn’t heard anything but good things about them, and surely with it being Disney, there would be a higher standard of cleanliness. I wanted to see if I missed out on an important childhood experience. So after much discussion, Tory agreed, and we planned to hit up Typhoon Lagoon.

Like with Flying Fish the night before, I won’t bury the lede. Tory and I were both blown away with Typhoon Lagoon and were shocked at how much we enjoyed ourselves!

tHbpXdE9zLNLV_w3KSRTTD-6YW5Rnb6khPMUUmX9C_toFphDUz-8eUi-trPEL8LDrJV1W5TwrYj9KCkoh_GxmiMBx4tXpAakwMonk1XNP4UgU7ziQp1zVuWXzMQjiBowMxDm6GJr

qWEn4vlM3EEnTaGjNHOzX0XKSoLYw4DXc1yC9bjJ_tQQVqNaSrwW1zFi3gsXRwMokeLxxjG12pS9FS4LnPwtaFYa7GTyNXYVfanUeA2H0J25RPWzSny8TzS2y5Ez3utwIwHZx3kP

We got into the park 15 minutes before opening, so we had enough time to take some selfies with the mascot Lagoona Gator! We found our way into the heart of the park, and were shocked to find so few people there. Blizzard Beach was closed for refurbishment, and it was shaping up to be the hottest day of our trip (91 degrees F), so we were a little nervous that it would be packed with people and unruly kids. When we left at 1 PM, you could tell it was starting to pick up crowd wise, but it was still very quiet. During our time there, we encountered no waits for any slides and had plenty of room to walk around.

I think we had both mentally prepared ourselves for the stereotypical water park with tons of hot cement and giant unthemed staircases. It took a few moments to remember that this is still Disney property. The theming was amazing! The park felt lush and intimate. They did a great job adding plenty of palms and tropical trees to provide tons of shade and really sell the tropical oasis turned upside down by a typhoon thing. Typhoon Tilly is perfectly framed when you first walk in and is a great start to the rich storytelling. As fans all things tropical and tiki, we greatly appreciated the vibe and the soundtrack which was heavy on Jimmy Buffett, Zac Brown Band, and the Beach Boys. How could you go wrong with that?!

We changed into our swimwear and got in the rope drop line, which was just a few people deep. Not knowing exactly what to do first, once the park was opened, we found a bank of chairs near Miss Adventure Falls and the Crush n Gusher that looked quiet and peaceful. We really didn’t know how to go about our day strategy wise, but we realized pretty quickly that the park was our oyster and we could hit up any slide we wanted without waiting. It was really quite empty.

5v-xk3ZAZ9dP0zn05oEciJXLRsaSA8kVWUkWByVUIVdFxCSoVW7parEwwSeGUTuSgqJmy-xNKVmIPKPL7qhdElNGGTRE84Io_HBOqQJMbBDhiq5siBW_ygBDp8odPk07ot7yQMNB

Pvf2BfHsSheaDalGO0JN0vqVWh3UteRR-xPgUJmxOv0fnGfFQhk9p8rir3KrP6Y_IwvfnaHXcDP4pfIs_qqz609eEsqongbV1n7B8zlDhWrAiiOvfkMSpMV3Ww40Sxr7uqJVsHCX

glcWaGtpR36-l8oGTASsTPwX2szHhjJL7-vxND77yqSft220aneqvu3NK31KEWc2z_A09rxUPhkvsAc-XK1qp77ideneRg4Q1A8tfYbpVuJ8l0bI-DwOrVv1x658F3QJu4qmKKxB

We took some pictures before we put our phones away, and then found the entrance to Miss Adventure Falls. We hopped into our very first raft at the park without a wait and were soon going up the conveyor belt past an animatronic parrot! Leave it to Disney to put animatronics in a water park! By the time we got off and were thoroughly wet, I think Tory was convinced that this wasn’t any generic water park. I was immediately thinking, “That was awesome! Which one is next?!”

It was a very short walk over to the Crush n Gusher, which was definitely our favorite set of slides! The sensation of going up a hill in a water slide being propelled by a ton of water shooting at your back is really unique! We got off and immediately grabbed a raft to head back up again!

We tried two of the three Storm Slides. There was no wait here, either. When we went up the second time, the lifeguard welcomed us back! These were a little painful at first since we felt each seam in the slide where two pieces came together. I will say how amazed I was at how themed even the simple slides were. You would look up and see palms overhead.

Humunga Kowabunga was fun once. It’s a huge rush and then two seconds later, you end up disoriented in a tub of water with tons of water up your nose. Glad to be able to say that we did it, but I think we will skip it next time!

The last couple of slides we tried, Gangplank and Keelhaul Falls, were our least favorite. It seemed to us that they needed more water in them. You were sitting on an inner tube with maybe a half inch of water running beneath you. You really didn’t get wet, you just kind of spun around and hit some concrete walls. It felt really odd compared to the rest of the rides in the park.

Having hit up all the slides in the park, with the park having been open for only an hour, was awesome! Everyone talks about the perks of rope dropping the theme parks, but the advantage at the water parks is even greater!

At this point, Tory and I opted for a change of pace, grabbed some tubes, and hopped in the lazy river. This was so incredible! It felt so lush and relaxing. Parts of it even felt very secluded. We floated, closed our eyes, and soaked up some sun while taking in the music. We drifted apart occasionally, and I had to creatively steer myself towards a wall to then propel off of it to catch up. We laughed and occasionally ran into other floating groups who were all having a great time. This was peak relaxation! I think we stayed in for a lap and a half which was over 20 minutes, just to give you a sense of how large this river is!

We then made it to the wave pool. This was an absolute blast. I’m not a big fan of the open ocean, so to be able to let the waves take you, and ride them out in a much more controlled environment was incredibly fun for me. Tory and I were laughing and smiling so much!

Having seen all the park had to offer in just over an hour and a half was incredible! We wandered back to our chairs to briefly towel off and grab our phones, as we wanted to document more of Typhoon Lagoon. It felt like we had found out about a great secret!

Tory had heard about Typhoon Lagoon having great donuts, so we set out in search of them. We found them at a small kiosk near the entrance. The mini donuts were fresh out of the fryer, warm, and not overly covered in sugar. I think we got a 6-pack, but they were gone in a hurry! I definitely could have eaten a few more!

QOU3QWy1RQJRJvyVnXwTn3EvP8m8fScM2YVATXCDRaQMYsW4S6n-mzNgrHe9TAXMN_I-uMuZMn61gIUS01LaLcHEDY-wTJNPSuLN7svgpovnsjaiLc6SWzK3YlnvxI41npvf3bvY

We ate our donuts as we took a lovely stroll around the grounds, stopping to take some photos along the way. The sky was perfectly blue and the sun was drying us off! We were both so smitten with how cute and detailed the park is!

ENSTh-bicm2RvJDUjq2yZQJJqv-V5WRxiEfKtbhuDLFFz5yWfk-72Zf8BBenqb_CQCZmmq3CKlxqE571nGkLwG76CaqhtpH6FyuMgdUSqpCotxEV-tAvNSl1HLRk-x3Lq1uSYnAW

My biggest issue with the park is that, at times, it is super confusing to navigate. We found ourselves backtracking a couple of times because we had reached a dead end, or we realized that we couldn’t get where we wanted to go because the lazy river was in the way. We eventually realized that the river split the main path in two and that there are only certain places with bridges to cross it. I think we will be much more mentally prepared for next time.

JgZoo3J3LyGUNarwDske1Kise-nNvcF7Ob3k8ofYHvBp7019rvWqMXeTFNXAggYdsoqv0nmyn6XpywZzJQJRcEgshgLFskxMA_Xz-YMQh2XS_uftumesMyBrBAwinzLkeBSSu5Ed

Z1xmJEVhydYcJDFX9-2WnALVoCVgSuNicgnAuDV0PId9pAsaRa8ygBZU6BIxsUS1xYC2Ul0zvI9UbJ7SgFPbMsHPzfe9xVpUNAZb3WMPw7wXppjZlRNBZA0Wzvr1adaJLuFKEn-B

rNXE4bP_JFoVfeKCAApiLHiDnWl1158YSW5S-LrgRXZEkNT86eQ9TqnkbV-hMpSqxF3f5xY2s1hrqNUDmrGnaf-0G19Fx1vRFpf-05dppYjtMOtK0wGkAnEHgauosNyUNaBSdnWp

_Brcv1UiWb2pc5Wl-gh790SRwgxUXqL3VUjFX3-SdFRwEOnGkevqGFj1AxmbkUdbFicDL0bJF7HE0HzugiTOlblZ_f9toJ84f367HR7LHtgKhAGwJRYvUyHNTuuSjPmnXkWFgtlW

Tory and I could never say that we fully experienced a theme park or water park without having a drink! So we found our way down to Let’s Go Slurpin’ (which has the best name ever) and pulled up some chairs on the side of the bar. The bartender greeted us and said that we looked like we were so happy to be here! (Are most adults not?) We told her we were having a great day so far as we looked at the menu.

Tory got an IPA because she feared the slushy looking drinks would be far too sweet, and I, generally not a frozen margarita fan, was having so much fun that I ordered the Typhoon Tilly because it felt very appropriate.

mRr7GkzdK2CVhqIRlcCD-tQOfGXTSDx_yMmcCReDVeuP3W2RTxA2sosrQYMr6lYzfdlvlh8K_SxvGb-vEfKU8SrEfbSyGNURe7G5EzZAy-2nydPUYVrRGycBsW4ofwLVOBbDvBrU
74H3TFkR_BZe7DX8fwob9CjjqrnA2OEEq417ej82yqlo8GKUwtXaFSxEeiFqfV3UkCSXUU7ikf_5pFuwOsKR0FlW10-CLYP6AOE4n1Dgbaq_oFWJ6lGTiqM9kJc_rxPlBv1Ix4lj
NB47lkhF-OUiYDvAfo-Vx84CpI7bNqlBwLshXgTacGCnvNqvYQbx9wSbi6Z16BTRKR05qj-XTKjDQ7SMcq8cAUtwwvuR_7DsALMA0VyBE6mn4wnQVX4byjpbFvzOCCfEaRt5tgDv

46XXe4xPDwmfyFFH__-nOOX093jx1sle3J9kw_UKzdQu3GWGflSbU_G5xvMJbKb8xbpOM3IPYNV28Okbewkpt-GZXv-cyMPqP8Ta7n_eCRnWVCc7LgGEmNRY5HnnqrubrrAkpJEA

This was an excellent frozen margarita! You could actually taste the tequila and the blue curacao wasn’t overpowering like it often can be. We took a contented sigh. Good drinks in a Disney-fied tropical oasis! We couldn’t ask for anything more! Tory, who came into this as the bigger skeptic, said that if Blizzard Beach had been open, she would have suggested that we go there tomorrow! If that isn’t a huge statement of support for Disney water parks, I don’t know what is!

If we hadn’t had lunch plans, Tory and I probably would have taken another dip in the lazy river or wave pool. It was quite warm and being in the pool again sounded really tempting!

We toweled off, changed out of our swimsuits, and bid goodbye to Typhoon Lagoon! We will be back one day! You made a great first impression!

We then took a very quick Lyft ride over to Disney Springs. John and Josh had an evening flight back to New York, so we planned to have lunch with them before they headed to the airport. We met them outside of BOATHOUSE about half an hour before our ADR. They were both hungry and so we checked in to see if we could get a table early. They didn’t seem to be too busy and gladly sat us early.

We filled John and Josh in on our morning and gushed about our Typhoon Lagoon experience. They had spent some time in their hotel’s pool before checking out the Boardwalk and Disney Springs.

We wandered upon BOATHOUSE on our first trip and fell in love with the whole vibe. Today we sat in the main dining room with its Northeast, kitschy fish house vibe. Our server brought out some parker house rolls which we had missed out on last time. They were amazing! Warm, buttery, pillowy bread? What’s not to love? At this point, Tory and I were still planning on dinner at Monsieur Paul, and so we opted to split the Gibson Award Winning Burger. This is a hefty burger and is perfectly greasy, fatty, and cheesy! We laughed with John and Josh, while enjoying some good food and some much needed AC!

2kRi2eJNLCX3p7ZqDcpyX9nKC32SaUY4B16SNW0P-2lJcOlB-UI262vxARCkyKJo02kqHlDp3PYrBKDhoGtYPs7nGBrJfYnKSbsyi30_7ZB6GESwsRD-Zs2kT6v1gVEQvRgjbAKS

After another successful BOATHOUSE experience, John and Josh still had an hour or so before they needed to head out.

HCroFzjuuaumCt9uG9-qPIvE6ZF-7CXGFCpU0Of0XOG0f-Ejr53dON-5KYEybIOPHR2YKR-tD0ZE8590n-cxuORApsFLRCm7qcmx2Yku3mqZrRjxGsuWp4krTl5vG0pD1gealoo4

They mentioned that they wanted one last drink on property, so we wandered around Disney Springs and saw so many different restaurants with signs advertising their Happy Hour offerings. It was nearly a crippling amount of options. I believe Tory finally made the executive decision to opt for Jaleo, as she was allured by the idea of a glass of authentic sangria. We found the restaurant quite dead and grabbed seats at the bar. Tory and I disagreed on the decor of Jaleo. I found it a tad over-the-top and not matching what I know is a pricey meal. Tory thought it worked and felt appropriate for a tapas-style meal, but she understood how, compared to Toledo, the decor falls a bit short.

We will have to come back another time to fully judge Jaleo, as this was Happy Hour and we were just there for some $6 sangria! It was excellent!

2rQt45mi2VKPDbOoLNB7urgj6olh4xlkTvfsxxfP-K0PMwkep4jlWkXTOThsfn_ROKwfjBUdTcFZdVXQSjafx8V6YeYm8G1qZ9rOgULe09m2r5z-Tl55mlm-XioVkh47ty-RTq-P

Sangria can often be too sweet and syrupy for our tastes, but the one at Jaleo still tasted like wine and had some fruitiness as well. It was also deceptively strong! The bartender was very friendly and explained to us a little about how it is made daily on site. Tory had also heard nothing but good things about the paella, so, even though we had just had lunch, she ordered the Happy Hour paella (which was only $10). We all got to have a couple of bites. The paella of the day was chicken and mushroom which I don’t typically think of as paella. Having heard so much about Jose Andres and his Spanish cuisine, I was also very curious. I think we all ended up a little disappointed. The paella was good, but not great and it certainly did not live up to the hype that surrounds it online. The rice was well cooked and it was richly seasoned, but just didn’t come together for me. It confirmed for us the decision we made to opt for Toledo a few nights previously. Definitely glad we got to try the paella though to judge for ourselves!

IA9lK4ByAd6wENDWM572uLnZn5ZcWOXVhtP8C2gAJuh2pB4rhly5Vj6VXsTBF3EEQ25oFD2-igcTQwFVM0DpHrePDIwbRe-OWjg5kkGDgZK4-JDR0d63YIuEBkMVhx30Tq2iWfZs

At this point, we parted from John and Josh for the last time on the trip. It was great to have them with us for part of the trip. They are amazing friends and combining that with Disney magic made for an outstanding long weekend with them in the parks! We agreed that it’s now our turn to visit them in New York!

Iit was around 3:30 PM. Tory and I agreed that we were going to take it easy until dinner at Monsieur Paul at 8:15 PM. We weren't going to rush to try and use our EPCOT FPs before dinner. That would have been pushing ourselves too much. We walked around Disney Springs and made a purchase at the Raglan gift shop. Tory’s cousin is having his first child and is very proud of his Irish heritage, so some Irish-themed baby socks and bibs seemed like the perfect baby gift!

W6KKBDJ6bwvn87EByy6Fy3QBNmhwI4UoT8asexO4neUCQ3n7hU88rREWpurBo2XvyUKrwaDd_QEhFePi-Xk1_UbDSysNMrS-6mdpMYGDkzv7JbckUlw4tfDRtueLqBZ_ON_4y4tr

We then walked by Polite Pig and we remembered hearing about the Gideon’s cookie that they serve. Again, the internet hype was strong enough to get us to go in and ask if they had any. They did and we made a quick purchase.

mvGUDCwikTPHZqcwCBlSTXLOx9fom6wteXtOJK5MseZCKo4Dnqk_DUGOcOJjzzVoO0nOjKSXLVWUrT_aXhhkSC8nmxj2NgpboUg9vmr4xJqOlaildsaIwNC0N_g9b_KFyEnATEg_

This was hugely disappointing. FIrst, no one mentions that it is a $9 chocolate chip cookie, which is a little absurd to begin with, but I’m always open to paying for quality. However, quality it was not. Because of the quantity of chocolate chips, it really wasn’t much of a cookie. It was a bunch of chocolate chips bound together by an attempt at a cookie. The cookie seemed incredibly underbaked. It was practically cookie dough in the middle, which also had an odd flavor. We ended up getting through a few bites before we put it back in its bag. We ended up trying it again later that night to see if we were just full and not in a cookie mood, but it still wasn’t good then. Not sure what all the hype is about or if we just got a severely underbaked one. It is large though, so there’s that.

We then hopped on a bus back to Coronado Springs, with over three hours until dinner. It was still really warm, and after a quick blast of AC in our room, the thought of getting back in a pool sounded really good. We applied some more sunscreen and headed over to the Lost City of Cibola pool at our resort. The Mayan temple immediately catches your attention and the water flowing down the temple steps is a really neat touch. It was quite busy at the pool, as it was still very warm! We hopped in for a relaxing dip. The water felt really nice! It was definitely a heated pool. I debated with myself about whether or not I should go down the slide, eventually deciding against awkwardly standing in line with a bunch of kids. Tory and I had a nice time just chatting and relaxing. It was the right call to skip out on using our EPCOT FPs! We eventually got out and headed back to our room. We laid down for a nap to try and be fresh for dinner. However, when our alarm went off, neither of us felt refreshed. Instead the totality of being in the sun all day, plus the last couple days of heavy eating, made us feel really sluggish.

We started sluggishly getting ready for dinner, but soon realized that heavy French Food was definitely not what our bodies needed at that point. So, we cancelled our Monseuir Paul ADR. After resting a little longer, we decided that we still wanted to go out for a bit this evening instead of spending it completely in the hotel room. We brainstormed and ended up with the following plan. It was a little before 7 PM, so we planned to head to Animal Kingdom, where we could get some healthier options from Satuli Canteen, see RIvers of Light, and be back in our bed by 9! To quote Rocket Raccoon, “It’s a foolproof plan!”

uneDGGgpFsHnSqaP9-6SbYde6O6bTpWDIO5VUYavUuv5XlhcGHsL1YqKdVrVBpRpNn8709z-EJRLp0isYowc70AUMkKbTimvoUuGGLAYNnfZRp_22hwJ5Tcs_UtoyBjkeRjMAl5E

And we executed that plan! The bus took a little longer than expected, so we had to take our Satuli Canteen bowl to go. I was able to grab FPs for Rivers of Light, but apparently you have to show up at least 15 minutes before showtime to use them. The CM assured us there was plenty of room in the standby section. We entered the amphitheater and were led towards some open seats near the top of a section in the middle. For a last minute plan, the seats were excellent! As we waited for the show to start, we ate our salad with crispy tofu and charred green onion dressing. It certainly hit the spot! Tory joken that we just needed some veggies!

We went into Rivers of Light with fairly low expectations. It doesn’t have the buzz around it in the fan community that the rest of the nighttime spectaculars do. However, Animal Kingdom is far and away our favorite park and we were a little sad that we didn’t get the chance to see it on our honeymoon, so it worked out that we snuck it in here.

JDC6-f91lT937Sa0-YSzQUbjqEps_-wTnlZ--HTuDHOrMPvX_FSQPMs0Ve21K8yIdMGrtetQn4JIRZp_ihtNOpVk0j6W3tYi2fjiDLpWhRzN8mx0DXntqung0q52RvhegrL5lI0V

Both Tory and I were impressed by the show. It certainly is more subdued than the rest of the nighttime shows and is the second most thought-provoking (Illuminations still has it beat there). However, it felt perfectly fitting within Animal Kingdom as a great ode to nature. There were times where it felt really disjointed. Scenes didn’t seem to flow together, and there were several instances of beautiful fountain and projection work that were interrupted to force Disney characters into the show. There was a point where I had thought that we had hit the finale of the show, but it went on for another five minutes and ended in a less spectacular way. Odd choices were clearly made. Still though, the floats and lotuses were awesome, and the show felt quite intimate, despite the large amphitheater. I think it could use a little work, but overall Rivers of Light was good. We won’t be rushing back to see it, but if we were in Animal Kingdom until park close, I think we would certainly stay to watch it.

8Z2DEjavFr98l7XTBy535NZ7CunSzBxLW25XYOYr7bkI7hYz8bEikDR7lz89_mktflYMOKNNIpU-otBhkVfXjz9NzzsPyXeWwkXb5y1sMf7rQ1FQOggDlcb9-THfOvzKCZQnG-bt

Tory and I discussed all of this while on our short bus ride back to Coronado Springs. We were both still hungry, despite the sluggishness, as we had prepped for a big meal tonight and instead shared a Satuli bowl. So, we got off at the first Coronado stop and headed over to El Mercado which was still open. We grabbed a premade salad and a hummus and veggie pack to take back to the room. Once there, we got in our PJs, ate some healthy snacks, and watched some TV before going to bed relatively early. Certainly, not the evening we had planned, but still very enjoyable. Most importantly, it was just what we needed to be able to keep going for our last two days!

And we are back! I promise not to leave you all hanging. I have the rest of the TR typed up and ready to go, so it will be complete here on DisBoards very soon!

Day 6 9/25 Saw Brian! He remembered us!

This might be my favorite day of the trip! It typifies our touring style and everything we love about vacationing at WDW! It was our last full day on property and, of course, that meant that we needed to spend as much time as possible in Animal Kingdom. I can’t state enough how much we love that park. While watching Episode 4 of the Imagineering Story on Disney+, I got teary eyed watching the clips of Joe Rohde talk about Animal Kingdom and the level of detail he put into it. It’s truly a work of art. Other than our three FPs, we didn’t have a plan for our park time today. So we decided to take it slow (we had been going pretty hard with John and Josh) and truly soak up our favorite park.

F2b6V_egnYOtxZtioqDiJL7wxXR6_LPKsQEBzZuURx_gTmIEuCJX48SCF10NC8RjJvclWri4nhd9c78hn3e-YxNMJy_bCAZq2Fs3zMHJH2OCbyhkj62JeIt0o7C7fCwj1XQIpSjk

We were in the park by 9 AM. It was a beautiful sunny morning and the morning light mixed with the abundant foliage made it all the more picturesque. We headed out to Everest and nearly walked right on. The CM who loaded us was from Los Angeles and took a moment to give me a little grief on my Anaheim Ducks T-shirt.
afaMwPTThrJxGMgguo-YPpP0bRmzUgIywWrSOJpfneMjrSLVtODuBgUZukFQkP6LXyrLiATVJZnhrzQRP_DOOqHOlHKLDflDIsOw_Qi9WbOjlvOsUKKs3c3qebua1KNJi3wgHDTM

There is nothing quite like starting one’s day by riding Expedition Everest. It wakes me up and puts a smile on my face!

Y8dpx6fJliwPAyIzjbR-Luupxh2VDoF3Cr9uRLQsoYVlUx1BeKAJWhkOP4wRgOOGC3aKhT8BBRjHWYyytxG6Gh37E79cPztE66Ztd6qFoYcvhSqG2WgDHKgKdeKo2pjWAJjwXgrV

It was such a peaceful morning in the park that we just enjoyed wandering around.

MCkl0v7oiTtzrAVINR17NG6h-lzMvWsk6DfX7La28COToTMcWVJTUT1F7V6m80Qo1zoQrbP65ynFgFuz4Ger99cosGa2DnQ8DPLpAS0Gz6IpS49MDB_p1oNAl--WHyI_AS0WgJNP

mBewd59ePTm64Y5obKqt1s5X57Tyt9ZdWw3x_SuxhoQfsVSFuhszWCMIRtMHg0mciCXXPnqutw1aq9bwnG3rkvDrEIVVnVNnH2KPABHDYy3qTug1LILOLvsC-a2p9t9-hJCyU3_A

gAN9iuJBOmP3oyJq6Yd0XADBXrjOugMUhn2kwUhxCw6C2SZd4g6YfzSIm9AugYMkbWbHc_r3pJGtfhJ6K7YlrV9-qIQhrNX1Cok_kj0aL9xY0AFfS7aRpWd-xRUUmCztoKgawIJ7

We saw the monkeys in front of Kali RIver Rapids being very active. It’s amazing how acrobatic they are! The cast member standing nearby warned us that he may start flinging poop, so we moved onwards!

dwOQqxejhYyK_Qu5dpTGdw2R9Ijp18ShYDcEXIKIbXq-b4KG27-mbMs2md2uttFkfY0IcfCMkAyubRyq4_0ofef0qGrnQljBRUb5QwhY7p9YAaeCm0ApjHunNb-p54Yg2wOHiI6N

We headed into the Maharajah Jungle Trek to see if any animals were out and about. Again, the lighting was so great that we really took our time taking pictures of the gorgeous environment. The level of detail that went into this walkthrough zoo exhibit is incredible! Especially the ruins of a temple!

9MTfg87UQdMkAQZfDNhWgQaEr_LWbo43aZVUxtMWhLeH7CCD1pGP9XUV5wzn2lbm8ROfrLGzU8sTAjzayBQ6OevKXdfprFfPbcgfQeF1tQj3Yx71IeNiqkfimpFKMg7VC7T-m4pb

nVA2qXga_FDI12pyFBH_CYF6gmeYKSLdBMoaQU64De9kXs5zjvoC0YbXUUqhcJIa14Q16wyYeXF5OP8tIaRUpz-EIhjpkr1GOg8S0bP9KDrROyUnREY7epwNoBWidS3uXPhjTMU1

y2qAqrBQDpLvW_vifO-XuaA6-RvCbZtMcGioETyLSX_QGTt-WRFIyvnbxa2kpTWwHuaCw14WV_ujefLOQxczrPl9iLE1B3zb_aOD1th5mr713GHXjHSwRDhXK3QkY4QUBuFRd0XT
V8JSVg-fPWa7hHiyMkZBzPsvPlDnKAzXNGmtRa9NFVaIZbgPrIFwOQIiNS6S4YcfOCiFZYE_oFugiZpPnSchtM4p4Q_724cOF428UF5FSTJVbtaCAilhZT2cqweM_K8hEPfb4WGL
D0ufJXRFsn7vC5VRBaf6AaOhgaaQE93MkFOazao6wTquwo_5crw8PoThJ3kS02dLtYA5_2aOpezed3v4oqcJ36Xmjk5cn8vAu4tdsNZ9TkblA3e8a17myV784ztRyF33lThpD8M1
fhV8-pf2ZZ5OeXZddk4Wbvw7-A6a86UM_pxqcf-Hbk04X9AjL03AP3WZLyGbNs3g-C7urB00GtJRZldncz-N59Q2_KoyjrnOqEbwQR3erD40f44VCGPwJ39tK9tPRsgdn7-k9Pya
BjQFnRwcyL8jPJJ1xYft0kDdUQBELaMEU0hRJ5eNjG059lPhCTMSnviR94CFSSJJjWoQU297VwR3s5HpJ0jcwrWs7I4-v_1XWAFLLjrS4EMuODy5TUegB1HTr4DrRXl_xQdDuRxO

My notes don’t say that we saw many animals other than the Kimono Dragon and an oxen (?) The tiger was trying his best to hide.

Ru0FzZmpdM92yfPLqx8oLG18BBwOOO_90Z-BPqmlbb82hOE8QcMJdVRafWEDdVicrjRyvoq45ivH8wgmdcEycsLg6LpXXLP0HZGrPWnA4eP6ElpkrEVhMIHmKZ7emIbU6ivv0Z16

Crv8zl16bmBd9py9ZfOY5Di9iVSunYMBXAAkHZPq4gKoMlFTWFUtakBBeTJbsl4GGWYacMeH_PM4QNgUG9wWOuHNFOltgZDi89J1mZk21KRKU5VtrVgHx2f_OKahZhZp14rTa6CC

8KdMQFgU1-O5Tl91-qHU9DIIqcxI6BFoOWUU3fuP6zCUdjGGfUdDIG7KIM30HdXXaqRS5AAEOCDuIG4Cq0PaTGwrXTVhqn0qoll8IL2jVS2727Ah92lJyjH-x7gl5uq5gBT5Ukov

We walked very quickly through the bird enclosure because Tory is very scared of birds flying overhead. She did let me stop briefly to get this shot!

TNlvMUlON-dqbxrlxzFJeRZJrnet7CMxDG8mIemS1gj2sRvoixTVKg2mP_QmI0w_eLn3BaI_O0EiH_ZUnA6FCT0ltUPqOUSX-2R4oM4vzaVVOzD2NQT5VUDk-HLpNuDQDYpoPRoB

Coming out of the trek, we took advantage of the light crowds and spent some time getting our pictures taken. The Photopass CMs were really friendly and took their time with us!

6FpvWv-IJ_SHhUIUa5L7uBU-S-sJrrHcSYNjjXm5fM1AGTga5muN6-G2Wz4mnwgL5bCez0B3utEt0I3D5UpyWEqxfhkTdvC-V4WssJib3nivqik6JN0Sl99gIJWoK04fMnZ4D2n_
y1HLj-36ZyZ9H5XWcdsnJsQVEkqAZePtbRO32av-u0muYinC9KY8lO_wg4UaC_OQkoeXEVn0Fun5iO98Hm6kMagH70LNMKi_DVjahREgpaTRMqfhrkqZlZeV-VAHqH1Du9ERQ64m
2c7lmLUfbABwz-BXZ8ajmKyrMc1lU9gcAlBnD8lFpdPtIKrkY13IcYtQT9G28fjXkydiNuXgOoAL1ia-1NalTyOXXAWb6QITGkuhFVsUlYKzaAF5Ua3sbp86NWdBuLbq1hSUAwbF

J_0l29oIOpEDIGag5ddsqvFixcv68sULw4b_uz9V5v8JTTtgxUfNfhyWJUtxiEl9I_InDgtwmcwPQ7gljHDzJAO3NBtrjMACuB1UhSkjw0eUc-rH_ncU-wFLTNcJqvPJqsI0n1mI

Hn9eHMmBqFinfErXO1PU4yyhK63JJ7QCPpO617HlTfxxui8C2piYPJqWNR5uPEN4KgMYDFcaP6YQ78IFY4NcHFvcJzTy2SGlGhLa-RWmiAwAZA5NnvNg7OnHPHbYh3mkEAZqUqVD

As it was closed on our Honeymoon, we wanted to check out Rafiki’s Planet Watch. The train station they built feels so incredibly authentic to Africa.
j-VuhvRB_mzl9WtY3CJmeus02jLFfDJ2GWiTw9Ap-8pxIJsFLB9mN79JxLjbFqjmCmpheRRzUQu-NVFMH4Eak3utujjvkhIs0HJs7g9j-2E6KzbLuTqb4c9LQtThpFdArZ0mA3Jo

After a brief train ride, we stepped out into the land.

And based off all of the Wilderness Explorer signs and fun facts about bugs, we gathered that we were not the target audience for this particular experience. We were very happy to see how much they are trying to promote conservation and ecology to their younger guests though. We headed to the building and checked out the bugs and reptiles on display. Reptiles kind of freak me out. You can never tell if they are alive or not until you see them blink or flick their tongues.

We did learn about how Disney tries their best to recreate the diet of each individual species when it gets difficult to source the plants and grasses that they eat in their native environment. I really appreciated how open the cast were to answering questions. Tory and I spent a few minutes staring into the lab checking out the instruments they had on display and laughing at their cute pipette tip designs.

EIZds6q_QqWtU9wMhlN_FtMTEU0eXZsroRwqkfuMXFHfWmWi4EbS9wJZXBeUBPa1iF_qbBNH3s_fWjNwLsAt4JGPGDLxxy321xjVD9hmM9oTGbK86zdKT0_OrLrNrQqxAiBVZG3q
kE0FIoeVuk4hyuiQvAGiH5ExQXa0e4r_LnjsHPn72uBigeUIe1HjvIKRY9HIyuIhczaPQdRZ2ie-5vkBmSuLoXNYd0vZJdeGOwaq3AWtYsrxtvKB-rvHUb5WYylLCbOmfGtJHt2l
djIjZSt--vQvSLNQfIyrdULGi-oSVKVmM5U3jYSl4VqTv7MoZyPcavBMBusGuFAVjEbJ8vAKS7o5fkozyHxbqSivX3_ay0tDF-1jZmVsFgc497fJrD26KMuClSCa7fQypRuHaSwn

We were certainly glad that we made it out there to see it. We can now officially say we have seen every bit of Animal Kingdom!

We took a train back to Harambe and were getting a little hungry. I can’t recall if we had grabbed any breakfast before we left Coronado, but we were looking for something that wasn’t sweet. We found the very cute Kusafiri Bakery window and saw they had a spinach and feta quiche

KLw8QkMAfe7vxAnkX83MkHar-O_R64hoUc_vsHvlD79_kpQxVBElC-zci5vwwq8rena6DILw8WuKjA2Yt0aFQEZxFm7HxUyvVl4VQttCD_PaGDdG942ZILRMOSCVZy4pvdjKoKB2
5MgY8bu6wCNRry02mzoKpkUbLuaUh6WBUqmnWbdk19YzxZRZdjlxfVpMxJ9eW8BHmFAEOH7sWZkYI7FWY1FdbxNQ_fSNTHwARWuu5vBX5nqaJUGY5T6B4PF5YPQfo76X_72nNUKS

We quickly purchased one and found a spot in Harambe to soak in the beautiful town once more. The quiche was surprisingly good, with a really flaky crust and plenty of spinach mixed in with the eggs. Definitely would grab one again if I needed a snack or light meal.

a_sWMoC1pJuczjcsJoXXL2NU5FOGTJq6x1YvdXLZKei-MQsRyjOo3GcnuxNym-52red9oyScbmgCXjgmHA_H90qq6vNQXGXRQDbfaz78emwtS2AhR85KSedgAWQ52bLBjdePQO4N
0z-q2_WVqp7Rq4QdLImtYtyqhpqnnfFdzWM-QU_YSYNORALPC_dcPFGf7uys3UPnF71144UeIFacn-weV0d4y3zFPl62UlkMU9pK-QR8cTc8iPj1pWmV7kUpNw_H1TtIiJtoHrN0

Z4e1L3QSOwrc40B4SNC_eJQ1evlAvQEaJx1sj8mARPwfxM8OhwZXwPst4ffjgTnppaFfzah55UBksMDihRvKnIoDG5u5ipPfVgiO0fZqaIWGworBxPqO3nz8ZykqonMVZznUKHuQ

Last edited:
It was a little before 11 AM at this point and our first FP was valid until noon. We saw that the bartenders at Dawa Bar were already pouring, so we decided to start our drinking for the day. Who cares what time you start drinking on vacation, right? We grabbed two stools and were quickly attended to.

Dawa Bar apparently created a sign to include in all your Harambe drinking photos. Tory and I had some fun with it! #DawaBar.

ALEtx6mRiDkuPGM49mjwjT32o1C9AHsKodKeJDF_pVQkb-P8lJUAkIGZnAqlOB3GgjefGUcR_5NV45TBLRJ8fVNmAS09uOLnmFTK--F0XKeYo0V_gmvD1Gf8k-QfTLp5LuS55ueU

I got a Safari Amber, which had a nice head due to it being a fresh keg. Tory got the Lost on Safari which was two types of rum and fruit juice. Trader Sam’s Anaheim used to have a Lost on Safari drink on their menu a few years back. It was Tory’s go-to, so she had to order it. She doesn’t think it was quite the same, but it was rum and tropical juices. What’s not to love?! We soaked up some sun and sipped on our drinks while watching folks walk up to the bar.

e7K62fcGygAF_W6x2bbohdZUSLWX4zNfPWTUXwgdXj27XV0GuOx8p0MFWqN6lqkJb_yPovneHjGw7GYR8m-bgOSha7JcIVYWh5nfpz2_JK6gwi4ECtDe-WwiH-Y0feh8b9Fvg8Eo
Owa31jSS3Yk1BsnVXTF_arhB5Rhbtp3ktwtH-ywfDEe9lKfYkdz28SgKxco8RXMZGF_LiFEF-Xo6ZibaultwGOYhr5uk5dTnTWEyXAOhMf2dw8epsCYuxw0yD-B8ziP4HMTg4eA-
mlmV1oqQMhdbXl1xsdAwbfHkAhP6WhAtoKCgPa1T0j2YBEruSUJxMUXNfcPYAZtIU4Ub0UkH5hm5QSI6rspMo5e9OF-uInoRpg_w7wdn3ahHdv7pdWEj-uAryTlXmqb76f0OejOz

We eventually made it back out to Everest for another encounter with the Yeti! This made five Yeti sightings on the trip! That’s a great trip!

pxBRrv5Qo0UoO9itEG0hjdHS8vTQkwrkSb07N48lzMoizOA-Sqce2gcfjt8RYlmlvgaqlL6RYCwQzjhAcN8dr-bUZEXoRPL_OApD_S1PaFAcnMk9D08cF_xHQLzVdcnrJQ44zo5d

By the time we got off Everest, our FOP FP was active. There isn’t much better than Everest and FOP back to back! While in line, Tory was able to modify our final FP to an earlier showing of The Festival of the Lion King than we had originally booked. Flying on the back of an Ikran was spectacular yet again, although it seemed like a couple of scenes were out of focus. I’m not sure if that was based on where I was sitting or something to do with the projector. I read they are doing evening maintenance on FOP next month, which is a great move. Keep it in tip top shape before it slips in quality at all.

Ev0B21wvAA3CpFSI0suSevBfUXN8vvS8ViQf6BLyvm7454kkGBPPx_C9Up4Krby4yb4HExyHnEEY98hyDlfG1CVbKWqGzKYfFFR9xi4_5MCsQwhzi9tLaMNU4qPTgxkWmtnridg7

We then took the short walk back to the Harambe theater. We scanned in for the next show about 30 minutes before it started. Fun fact: the sign on the wall I am leaning on says “Do not lean on the wall” in Swahili

AZCTtLFUT_2_249qc3f3hqfJQA2EbK9UBRd7HgiTM_K41xbMi5ZHPbP7OWAMD-A4yzEE1Kzxj6ZaitF-EL4F4H2hS_Uayq5-58ODuPkBf2K4Lax_spffhj8KElY5icO7zGIFUhKW
eJHjTEyufMfCW2ZSwu2O5DofvPeDSbu6zCfznzkKlnm8t6rOCgfAB99x1HHpFIhJkYrv-EqQpB8itlJMnHlqgYTVX3G2YF7YBMYvpdfQn5nFfjDH4C21TW5NAtUNnwWr9iCBM0m9

Tory and I talked and took in the view. We decided that this would be out last attraction of the day. We had a fun evening planned and wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to recharge and get ready. It was 10 minutes before the show was to start and we hadn’t been let into the theater yet. I mentioned to Tory that it seemed like they were running late. Just a few seconds later, the doors opened and everyone started filing in. To my amazement, the CMs did a great job getting folks to fill into the theater and the show started on time

I love Festival of the Lion King! They truly seem to give each performance their all. Plus, there are so many performers on stage at the same time that you can always find something different to focus on. Disney entertainment at its best!

CqRycjjEUJeGV0KFaw6FqKNKUP1pM3BQO-p5RH-c-fRH4z0K360THJHx_QQT1sVnsO4YmKh4gqUUUBQ8lAqJyN7RvMkeCj7kgC9fxIYwcgbUirEgntwxUfR8CFHpr0-INsh0LqFV
7-ckJrpFyasCYEt41_ZBeOajdDhhnNBF78NN29H92ArfJnmXgCr4DV-XCDkOY0sxkvpQrzi1-QYVmVzYbu4oD1lVTC8ZYsUhlCaFmY9sIe8aKXe_SBA6jOQFFnpdjmlTv6g3jCUv

After the show, we stopped at Satuli Canteen for the second time in as many days! We split another bowl to hold us over until dinner. On vacation, where all the heavy food and drinking can quickly add up, Satuli is light, yet still incredibly tasty. I believe we got the crispy tofu and sweet potato/red potato base. It really hit the spot! Plus we just love the background music inside the dining room!

mMQZBJbQp8A0ZU-unCtf4uXpb1kwjtntyCtI5qGz91gzaKIuSp5KdzSOzFHUBtTGO_CeW10CPDYVf75mUFbwFhxRJpD-4T4ILkixhkIjT9cXCiDsRzvuGfh0_3KjEj53pTRjNFFE

We said goodbye to Animal Kingdom for the day - and for the trip :(

kCPphWYKMfpo6RgbeywNz-oedNZqq8ienhvpGohO4FkqgOMKPz8YFA2XqEbwqOp3sff2-DdmoZwEHo9CjSwKCxQl2_SJyS6z2-19qdWyeZ9amfjR0mMTKjNWcDyI5qBpG83lSdBs

It had been a really relaxing morning in the best themed park there is!

Coming up: The rest of our amazing day featuring a new bar, dinner, a concert, and saying good bye to Illuminations!

Day 6 9/25 Saw Brian! He remembered us! (Cont)

Once back at our room, I started packing up some dirty clothes and then took a brief nap. We definitely wanted to be rested for tonight! Our plans included dinner at Jiko and a trip to Epcot to see Illuminations one more time before it ended its run.

Like on our Flying Fish evening, we started our evening adventures by taking advantage of the multitude of bars at Coronado Springs! This time we opted for Barcelona Lounge, the lobby bar at Gran Destino.

zeBft3NiIW-2VNsWraTw9pLKvZoy-ux1H31hOyUvrEjYdbkTfwUFwwiRxBd67TLdC033mNAEX7hfjFIAHz_YhE0TXhBWpVzEVybIMLJhoOLClavVHTLISw44hDHUbzRGKJ0jAyJY

hPCFozppmA3KmVFhha2-T0HoykxlQ_TIGKrzSeAjjHHp538-K6U9-9DP79nACksuOeowF1n9vBvi0FBFYdJ6B40ZSJlZo-LvEmsrwJzPlhUVuNb9yTsaL60RpftNALbnAwch9t34

We had walked through the lobby several times prior to this moment on our trip, and the bar had always caught our eye. We knew we had to stop in before the end of the trip. The backdrop is phenomenal! The stained glass gives the whole space so much life and a sense of whimsy. We found two seats at the bar where Tory was immediately drawn to their gin collection displayed prominently behind the bar. We quickly learned that The Spaniards developed a unique glass to serve G&Ts in, the copa de balon. Tory who prefers gin to other spirits was immediately smitten. Barcelona Lounge has a build your own G&T menu allowing you pair a gin (with tasting notes) and a craft tonic.

Tory crafted her own G&T pairing while I opted for the only whiskey drink on the menu, The Armada. Both were skillfully crafted by our very knowledgeable and friendly bartender.

il7eLxwuhNzHNXLh0ZTzJfEgP9NCllaW9sQoO3hzKP_WTpP36myEQL2_2MKJo0MwwMZg35X97pZcFcYwurg7WQZ4EEckQruGqPtqeuArd8_BWNgR3b6qLWZZxyFEENs4RC9r9IcB

9nOwLuvmehQYQCIEurJVLWD6APFt78xmCwQ-JcXrCr8220Ar4T42Tt0LeGSTk94rWMbs-TegMDwkYg5gb1eT0DdAXzeRBFVkazv5EwKtShrb6MxE-ST3s0cPqUuoxW2qcbNuxjmB

We learned his wife is also a bartender on property and they actually met while bartending at Blizzard Beach several years ago. A super cute story! Both drinks were delicious and appropriate for the upscale setting. We did some people watching as the convention crowd started to trickle in before closing out and calling a Lyft to take us over to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

E53zxfYdRW98bHQ59JmW1-DBbjMFA_GII5rMbxOhjUFLfgWzYRk9ygtfjD7uTrgykxon2-RlM9TSiMve1_XjHxI7ELfy7ZDFa4d6JY0zKmqfzvcp97dyH_tRUTRlW2YSuTRB3WTD
Dc8Kj3duFvz0bDHIVScYVO_ikpy5TEgkc_GUTKIRnnKcGEalTb7u-jAUkjcyOMX6P1n0tC4it02IL7pcdgKFB-FXEuAn_Vp1hvdia_XB7_kGG55lVtUKlOrMKVjuWLQgRKBo1O_Z

Our Lyft driver was a little odd and her car smelled like kitty litter. Thankfully the ride over to Animal Kingdom Lodge was short! When we were at Sanaa a few days previously, we found out that you can actually buy the board and cups that the condiments for bread service are served in! We had a bit of time before our 5:30 ADR, so we walked over to Kidani to see if they had a set for sale. It was peak heat in Orlando and I was dressed for a nice dinner, so the short walk seemed much longer. We, thankfully, made it over to the gift shop where they had several of the bread service sets, so we bought one. We aren’t really souvenir people, but this felt so us and was really unique as far as Disney memorabilia goes. We found out that the set also includes recipes for all the dips and spreads! How cool is that?! We could recreate Sanaa’s bread service at home! Un-fun fact: They don’t let you use your annual passholder discount on it for some reason.

We then took a warm walk back over to Jambo and headed downstairs to Jiko.

Qqy1icNdHL_eMqSMytKKEoCKoFPtXiwwKGADb0NjWCLHQ3mudvVRqZXcMM5_YFBoQEYmbwYNZibOoBq21_0-lMDddvzBkzzzq6ZRlDdnfRvV2JKLwKXFuEvf8rZCjXKQTfwA2U8l
d5wqevuAB_lv4hyhmBrio_1yD_JLIRYg3aaObo9kyu_amqZ0U_a0TEZ7plXhrgo74mxh3yJPZL1J75GDu5qlAImtlYccP2QqIjnG_6BdGnT90zrhnsr63L6v3M2FrDi_LpDLmZW2

We went to Jiko as part of the Wanyama Safari Experience on our honeymoon. We enjoyed the meal, but felt that the family style meal we were served was fairly generic and didn’t highlight the items on the menu Tory or I would have ordered. We are fairly adventurous eaters and there are items on Jiko’s menu that were really intriguing. So, we decided to make an ADR for this trip.

kqbieYXOKRT5SiPJKs4QP0UtjOH65-mUc_0hMeLGlLlizx_tjPCrrviIyW4jjbCVZSte94wa_2jpaXD3hpdRKgBgyecG8epN8pVXFG7-O5OoygX5OWSo-IbsD6DTatNTPI1kpLiu

I love the ambiance at Jiko. The colors, the low lighting, the sculptures… everything about it just works. African-inspired, but certainly upscale. Our server was actually from South Africa and was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. We started by ordering a bottle of a South African cabernet, which was quite delicious (and a great value at only $40 for the bottle!).

TMyoe83Mj_BPQjzX3ob0lv-pMGF5U9PnH3DHdy0wWDWVRgiw8mZE3zfbU4TTisKwb6Zao3dbb5OI3bYqN8_10z9YtUozuvRqELw_KIVAx9Qiql-FQTcvXD26zy_-5tFd3_lDQK7h

After perusing the menu, we placed our orders and were very quickly served bread.

SmmDAQ-yDu77wbCW8kSUl1vnGfjzbarB21wQtd298UrpRXJ0G3KQl1x3fpuvHO0T3rhoB-MuID1fsC5FVP2BLvwGkSe5jhxWlWX0DK2bFCbBy98gLaNu703ixEDTIeV05xPiQUy9

This was an African focaccia as our server explained to us. I don’t remember what was in the dipping sauce but the whole thing was delicious! Slightly greasy, but it was really useful for scooping up the sauces from our food. We ended up getting a second helping of bread during the meal.

For appetizers, we chose the Jiko Salad and the Wild Boar Tenderloin. As big fans of Living with the Land, we are always tickled to see ingredients from the greenhouse served and promoted on property. The salad was very tasty, not overly dressed, and the pumpkin seeds added a nice crunch. Plus, it was visually appealing!

OALlXvKaynYjubx_p7HsWrvwC4gy-eKekfHjEd6kZ5pI3wEf46HdUOAxXFnjkYS5dJ6H91NZBC03HsXVmt61Y7a7-lFgIGy0P_QRHx9FuqD4HYY0jiCEjF09bJy7sm6DrcqNh6mL

The boar though. Seriously, this was the star of the whole meal! It was grilled masterfully. I really didn’t think you could have game meat that was so tender. It still retained some of that gamey flavor as well! Combined with the grits and tomatoes on the plate, the whole bite was phenomenal. I giggled after finishing the first bite because it was comical how delicious the whole thing was. I could have eaten an entree sized order of this. The two pieces of tenderloin each was not enough, it was that good! Definitely a must try if you are at Jiko and this is still on the menu!

ITmuArI6st0xCWuB5aofVqDeEGkH8YFDtZT-OCdBbXpcW3awS_jr7DRoGBoFWSjR3z0v6dcLFGk4dpC0tQuwlqgPo-4EzX4CmCFFKmqXw2rsZFnQjSr2vDf39iNk1FrjxkfZJj4s

For my main, I opted for the Moroccan lamb shank. This was a beast of a portion, and definitely satisfied any meat craving I may have had. It was very flavorful as well, with a warm, North African spice blend. The parsnip root puree and spinach was a very classic pairing, slightly reimagined with an African twist. It was a very heavy course though, and there was a lot of meat on the shank. So much so that I didn’t actually get the bone clean. Definitely come hungry!

L4aFe53DfcegRmRNGFrliMeVUgypZPBqKUxW5K-mIJmgxWMLhNCrfOw3_8F2wshS4XWlNxZW26QSYGtG0MIt2YXOX2iMBKMJEZ7AmD8Y_JIXwI_VlrJFXhnLGm5-KdMgu66oxdQG

Tory got the sustainable fish of the day, which I believe was Black Grouper. This was served with the roasted tomato buerre blanc sauce that I spent probably way too much time talking about in our honeymoon TR. The fish paired so well with that sauce. If they could find a way to bottle it, I would buy a case. Beautiful presentation as well!

Z0ehjlrkp-7IizT_mxg4cmM-wdVl7Ri_GKFZqjEKP66kvvMOYytlWcVuOwwLEQ9ywmAHhNnajX7fsqqMZ6x8P042hmdF-pw_IvvCeeKp6EfojQpfYgOqekDT0qhXignX3e1R-Opo

Tory and I, knowing that we were nearing the end of the trip, discussed some real-life stuff and planned for things that needed to be done when we got back. It was a little disappointing to break the mental Disney bubble, but I can’t think of a better place to have such discussions!

To finish, we shared the African Drum “Beets”, a coconut-strawberry-beet mousse with candied beets and strawberries. This was really a surprising dessert. We were both intrigued by the incorporation of beets in a sweet course. They really didn’t just mask the beets; instead, they found flavors to pair with them. Quality stuff! And it was topped with a little cilantro! How cool is that? I will say that the mousse was cold. Like, obviously it should be chilled, but this was close to frozen. I don’t know if that was intended, but it was certainly shocking upon first bite.

jguufgWcV9o2m41Fo68IvtkYO7tZDE5PedUDw7cx9GASr1CiesrjC6WBYeRubX-1qISjqDs0LTHf9cLbfcyfoB8XR6LMcLFpwJ7_4hCaXkTUTc-QlO2j-Wk6SCSwHWrfDhMt3Tr_

Mt_D7ogUURqD2TT4IAJEBQPSCQHGDwuwQPfKWOF5lrCLGh9Oq9G71JWICSS4zGm7kMlZoJ9RKdpP1cc-OfmBADoLzqw5aDBQ2j6RHR3yWVJAubRQmBHQPsdnd7UJXpSJZFpznHJV
5pQj6wCde8j8nNhVV0OBmAP3fUPxMf1kxeVoPHQ8ckAqMID9sy6fgYNLJO8CzRlLvyjKZ1Xv36JsLO4ypYCk1KW2l6X393XcFwv33o-ftOAmBsLGhV_v-68fH-J4U8M2RieAVF5b

All-in-all this was an excellent meal at Jiko. Flying Fish still has it beat, but we would gladly go back to Jiko if the opportunity arose. Certainly glad we gave it another shot after the Safari! It does have a lot of interesting and delicious menu items!

On our way out, we passed the bar area and saw Brian the bartender who we met and had a great chat with on our Honeymoon trip! We stopped briefly to say hi, and he actually remembered us! We asked how his daughter was doing and he told us how she was walking all over the place now. He asked us if we wanted a drink, but we told him we had plans to go see Illuminations and we would unfortunately have to pass. He told us to go since it was ending, but that he would there the rest of the week if we were back at AKL! What a great CM! Just a genuine dude!

At this point, our evening was far from done! So for a little background, sometime after Tory and I planned this trip, the Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT was released. I looked up who was going to be there on our trip and was largely uninspired until I got to our last night on property and saw Blue October’s name! Blue October is one of our all time favorite musical acts. I have seen them in concert several times, twice with Tory. While we were excited for them that they got invited to play Disney, we decided not to get a dining package or even reschedule our trip around them. We would catch them next time they were touring.

However, the timing of our meal made it such that we were on a bus to EPCOT about 30 minutes before their 8:00 PM set. Having no other plans other than to see Illuminations, we decided to go support the band! With only 15 minutes before the set began, we entered EPCOT and began the long walk out to the America pavilion. We made it with a minute to spare and found an empty bench about halfway up the amphitheater.

wWOO3bNN3RkVSHNAx7jIoLXHbMpV77tlyVDPtbWgsWMXaO4Lt5av1FsWTsYK8G5Bpf-JCjVvrepgdDihXH8L7dYT0X1E3hF0oquYsm5vvXIVik3fv7u_mVv1FzhF5pde2XBOfRpW

We made a great decision, as the six song set rocked! Blue October’s lead singer Justin Fursteneld has a rough and dark personal history. He has faced addiction, divorce, mental illness, and all the issues that come with them. The band’s older songs reflect this and are much too dark and heavy for Disney. Fortunately, in the last five years or so, Justin has gotten sober, gotten remarried, and had another child. He has a newfound respect and zest for life that can’t be contained. He is grateful for everyone that supports the band and comes out with incredible energy every time now. The band’s three newest albums have been about strength, love, and overcoming adversity. And with that, apparently, came an invitation to play at EPCOT!

ouAresy-llbo-8Jk7hvSAEM0ZHmc9F2IWp2Tx-RSS97qJPb8WnuGf1Ly_XABqWCPbLHsjKSZDu5t60h_kyLiGOahdihSA29plwE7Iekb6ARdOq7VYyUV3hMTygwznC8wjPUASiqj

5432uGjigdQCeNQLN2I2eKhcG-FRWld7x_3D8hfpjun_qMclf2hlombhAH5spZ1mUKyoRaHEkBlMH9g3BFzc4tecIo4ecxU3QOgHTP-9jNRoed3zK9TtxFJwA2UoEN1YHqF-H9dF

Justin even acknowledged at one point between songs that he would have never imagined being asked to come play on Disney property earlier in his life. However, he was humbled by the opportunity and brought his family and parents with him! The band played largely positive songs off of their newest albums, but threw in “Into the Ocean”, which was their big hit over ten years ago. Overall, I was really impressed by the quality of the concert and the venue as a whole. It was a real treat to see our favorite band inside a Disney park and I managed to lose my voice, even though it was a short concert!

By 8:40, we were back outside the amphitheater with plenty of time to find a spot for Illuminations. We headed back towards Italy where we saw plenty of room out on the Isola/bridge at the front of the pavilion. We grabbed a spot on the bridge. While it filled in a little bit as show time approached, it certainly was far from packed. I was shocked that we had lucked into such a great spot so close to show time during the last week of Illuminations. Maybe folks didn’t think to come around to the back side of the lagoon? I have also since learned that the Italy viewing area is often roped off for private groups, so maybe folks just assumed it would be tonight?

At any rate, we were treated to a phenomenal view of Illuminations. I am saddened that I only got to see it for the first time in its last year. It is beautiful and carries such an important message. Between the great dinner, the positivity from Justin, and the message of harmony and unity of the earth, I got a little choked up. We can only hope that the message of the new show will still be about hope and unity around the world.

Ff-kfg46VW7YL_ycPfMZ3gccMx-uAGXmnC5fnRrpybLM12Tdd-ZPzQa86TpnVV-PpqWipn8316LGf9IJaLGdzdED8JOKphPiJnSB2b-1j54LZxaywE6OC9m3ynAEOGue7mIXNhAb
q0M_NUD1M7fAWspsLg5-QcX9mBCJ5C2UUtW21e3J6qNkgxzgZ1ogBrJA-WVNhNI06gnuG417jEDeFAve6LKYhEML-KHuQ5gXcNUm0xJpmX7tFdOzGSTko8FjaRr7lr0Ri5HDUNtZ

We just love Illuminations and were so happy to see it once more in its final week! It was the perfect nighttime spectacular for the last night of our trip! On the whole, the evening was phenomenal and one of the highlights of the trip for me.

We then took the lovely stroll around World Showcase back to the front of the park and caught a bus back to Coronado.

We aren’t done yet though! Our flight home wasn’t until 7 PM tomorrow, so there was still plenty of Disney time left.

Last edited:
9/26/19 Concern for mime about sweaty chair

Departure day is always a bit of a downer. Realizing that you have to leave the Disney bubble and head back into the real world is hard, especially after a great trip.

We didn’t stew on that too long though as we wanted to make the most of the time we had left. We were up by 8 AM and finished packing. By 9 AM, we were out the door with our luggage and I had to drag our nearly 50 pound suitcase back across the sprawling resort. The size of Coronado Springs didn’t bother us, except when having to haul luggage. It was already getting warm and for some reason I decided to wear a black t-shirt on this day.

We tried to take advantage of the remote airline check in feature that Disney offers. However, when we got there, the CM could not check our bag in. She just said that she kept getting an error despite being able to pull up our boarding info. Super odd. I mentioned that we were flying Delta basic economy where seats aren’t assigned until you are at the gate since I thought that it might have affected it. She assured me that wasn’t the case, but she couldn’t get it to work. It was a weird interaction. We ended up just leaving our bags with bell services which worked out just as well.

We walked downstairs to the lower level of the Gran Destino lobby so Tory could grab a specialty coffee from the Barcelona Lounge. I’m pretty sure she just got straight espresso. The CM working there was incredibly nice and asked if we wanted to also get any pastries. Although they had quite the selection laid out, we politely declined as we were headed to EPCOT for another day of F&W and to get our AP gifts!

After a short bus ride, we were through the gates of EPCOT by 9:45 to start our day of snacking.

UNz7MtLuRD2vfLnLTqoYcZs_vCfo6JcBlDpsGt3A7U4f_GW-rmGyz_ecNbRMToPyFv4OXaI8jacFdEL47ZLdvye8-XFEuYPdWs0TeHGwewmH7GZyGs1fViBnN8a-Qho53yhpBn7m

We had originally planned to spend the abbreviated day at AK and had FPs lined up for that. But based on how crowded F&W was on Saturday, we wanted to give it another shot as there were so many booths we still wanted to try. So we went into the day FP-less. Plus, we needed to get our 4th visit to EPCOT for the AP coaster set!

bk4g6UdneGw90mxem7ABXeNfDiK6dDgpI_-_wmPGM89-wziblVQjbZKk315cLa9GabZtAsSJS8qI4DvjzQJf2DAPaVMWY497gzkBKRZVH88xZ666rQbNf6eXCj4Zh26D5nu-onvm

The booths don’t open until 11, so we started our snacking out at Les Halles with another Roule Lard et Fromage. I can’t get enough of those things! It’s bread, bacon, and cheese in the perfect ratio. Ugh, I’m salivating thinking about it!
0KKxfP4rclk6Ny-m4GE_zjxTovWy3l7tm3tFDJ7C9cdLpAW3t5T-ubwvVjMxugk7eODCsHnp7KHaoZeRfODyDnW14K7hzl2WDEAoSREi3Qjq_LJgiipelaw072sqxQPMCZECrLzD

A07_IIcumQj4m_TGsMaJuRb_2mQ3g_uEtA-QuZQ4cGQgbiAaMjUzczeZcsdFmGPOiHT-LCmFz3WHooU8Q_pdEiX4nkEQgPZpBevkok8KBfnUzf1umBhvBrPZ-EFdVIHxl2R8R-5w

We also stopped for some photos with a photopass CM on the bridge between France and England. She asking us if we had any pets and seemed genuinely excited, so we got to show her pictures of our dog. She took her time with us and got this cool shot of us with Remy and Emile!

9FGLvydvwtGKS0r_zzbL05tMccprTZ2Ue9vIKeY49DW446z08r7HUnzpa-lelCLp6qwX7o0m6H3RQiBY2X5AFS6hTYrQqICPMh_QPdNcYIIcYfV5wUWbvc9ZCSsd64ENNJNX_KtK
ns3xORFZlxwNouHu8TWeeguEEpx9F-sHjT1ezS1skMVjhHtDqiAwQxbhPO0OMIU9TjKHDPu84rpFzcAnuV1JTD1TsQB--ivCy69uNQBEuYGGYsaE8higN55z9-naVNo0HsT_45_S

We wandered back to Future World where I suggested that we go Live with the Land because we had not yet Lived with the Land on this trip and that was a travesty. There was a very short wait before we were on a boat and headed out into the greenhouses. We really love this ride! It sparks so many great conversations between the two of us about the future of the planet and food. We also enjoyed how they highlighted crops that were featured in Food and Wine booth items around the park! Clever Disney!
-OqlWh5cYtvyOkWIFIPiA51swkYmTJAq9WD_fBRdKqrJyY1sOVKVrjotNknUQE-RbBzGfMcJyNZEVK0iRbs77ueLXpj6mXVJLep9tqOxfLVtv5bVCmh7s7yjoK0t_tPNc14KRVwY

TWTEMERyKlNpmJeIRjuBb_UYBBwVQ8EoAdBx-GjLTpTcrvRSj56x8ZVOyRTCDHLiaausqaUlH7yVNY3jgtpzAnE8d8shM316LjYo8DM3Q212H4CX1qRi2LhFDR68Vrs3KKtM-D6q
w82Tm-RubhF3Ss9NCLxD9VO3s_EqIG2Q_SZJLP3WJTmLQegWJrd_a4LkajB-7_ZDmwJSKj3u1s-wLiue-QtNtGr33Q5a6QCl_rmmkctZo_TfNFXEG16YJ4I5XTroXT6SOu8oq0I3
G1UnS7p_yEvo0a4qiaJuEnXDFtr0JPvk8rLU2wEb1f2teFm0sEJQy9ccfCR1ADiH-ou0QuKCRamX6IznKRo6xxpxFAdGDBXBBbHT_WqADHizZ7q-hzhtorUcI6JE3Wkgu9ys8-Wk
qaVXLFZ-0QaWnw1yoYK_rdAIVJEfW5LufurrPJQjsRcE6hkJZRuuZjbcL2QNA36JP1inb2kw_ZAFnnrCEX-e23vv72ew1cY8g_RBn_4h54ltxm_FkV3roiFgYZymEpZKJL7QR2OX

As much as we love LwtL, we really don’t like the Land Pavilion as a whole. It feels like a sad 90s mall that is somehow still busy. Everything just looks a little dated. Maybe they will touch it all up somehow with the rebranding/redo of EPCOT coming soon? But please keep LwtL! There still needs to be edutainment in EPCOT!

When we walked outside the Land Pavilion, we were hit with the smell of grilled meats and smoke! It was Food and Wine time!

3TPqozDRsoMtZbZxwBnZ_-t91HbqqE1vI6QK3OXIR_sVoEA2PrmeAutUUbOyvIXc9Sh-kK1ENPVO8KUdhDtahhFSW6f2Ou7wzYtMPHWVOucncYN_QzDy9_bQ4p-F30CryUZTui5Y
MKS04LEMN0b0LdvgGQ1o2JreSwNvHvNsPn6J7EAZxRGMIOAo2HLdiCP7TDZ1rj8MEbhQRLXOGbBJ9c3FBdbgA888kL4-ttNMjgo9oYHS8hPcqFlzTLYJiBoBjPktMVHT8lp4SrqO
Z_60OBANjd6LomdwfbxmQFZz9b0bQXfGZyjvfvq1BAH3-G1ed8AO9UiU5jTbsg7pqpuK4KOIZ7fF2VOonHMtvIyseb9ymf3hgOEboYssUf51hcRZHH01t9S3EgbG-YZydXr6kY5z
dlXTMLZ7l6Q0af3hEjra_sBL3k9THPcIJi-7fpXpSEWAmkWAD3dT5JWMHLh6-RbbuiwXCoqsMQMXuDlTpDjY2rOQL7JrsXwZ6CXzgzQob9fgqxkJCX8TFgUOjvpqMzEGFL06GH__

We followed our noses over to the Flavors from Fire booth where there was a lot of grilling going on! The booth was sponsored by College Game Day, a program on ESPN. Because corporate synergy, I guess? As a fan of waking up on Saturday mornings in the fall to the Game Day crew, I appreciated the attempt to somehow make grilled meats relate to football.

VFquhpufR5hASlwNEqIVIYlEmJup9qWou9_g3xFoUkgvFsaHT5nfIcVSMVAF6BRztBLGfYSLAfljqwaf6kphzc8TFmtbySgdikvYlFr6Oa0yDfuj-eWe7ejlPoI3KaNeJ2Xsp8j0

4xZQuzlIKeu-g5Ysvz1fpPV90RQPG7o5qzq6HGrRDwUPKTT1GUYjmWHWhHOvuiBfFEzYrU4uZmWyGh99oKb3KbiFF3-XefHCzkg-fc3iwu6e40GRuFl9RXwcWs9DMnvypChrAlxY

NG0BsW8JijUyjTEw6aXOYVqgik8G3ZHpUjtd4R_59ky82-bQ9GPqQSuCHIcMHS6A4mxRynXJETvzmQWI3oQXCgcEz7xUYCmyszGlTy4siqsRTBr1vKhklUDCOnExzl-dn3m7AtNT

They even included a backdrop of signs reminiscent of what students and fans do behind their broadcast each week. Still not sure what a chimichurri offense is or why the PAC-12 likes it!

We got the Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli. I’ll be honest in that I didn’t take great F&W notes this day and because we tried so many items, I don’t have a ton to say about each item. We do remember that the skirt steak was cooked well and that everything came together. Probably in the top half of things we had that day.

O62LQZTOrdzU-9rVGPugVxC9NU2XrkyZYcP6HNfX4MNHDeGl8vnLvd89d8p7q-kJT055oynrIxIEfCeRD2lcNVs5ctyeQcO4WGAP_mBnES0v9FM_af-NbRI8s--18cdYnhybc3Pj

We took a very short walk over to the next set of booths which was set up on the lawns of Future World. Here we got the Impossible Slider and Kombucha Flight from Earth Eats and the Bass Tostada from Coastal Eats. We have had Impossible patties before, including at F&W at California Adventure, and find them quite tasty. They do a pretty great job of resembling ground beef. This patty did not disappoint either. What did disappoint was the bun it was put on. It was way too tough and chewy to be a hamburger/slider bun. It wasn’t pillowy at all.

5ynKvsSppLCoJzxc5mnKK7akbe10dVLFG7FsHcqYWwmVzVUCeBmgB7T8S-je2G3yFyoDNP_Ve-AbPqWjnD_1QVWcBOxGYAxSmlFnqBGFPP_AEapgkmd89R2EF9DcWDaPDOHWt5lp

ATWBM0s8HIW36TT9zQ1I5JgGKGdJZD0lpA5AfU1v2-tH4G4aG4pg-WnTAYKBx_co0UJwc1Bdg7spxU3UBLVmA9qGdKANJXBrgbMo_5lrWtZLW6wLodjo0zdP3BGoDh9BhCw88q6X

The kombucha flight was also tasty and refreshing given how warm it was and how little shade there is at around many of the booths. They had a rough time getting one of the kombuchas to pour though, so it was a bit of a wait here.

EPe8njZM2hXGELxPuU-BKJUPyEZWPFC5DEN0uX-UUsqbNx6OokD2jm7b_a2kFsaF2b4_MDvRb8reId3VHG_7BOkRKQtX7xbTh4gAGQVeStQNguA307KfC95HByNdqnxq07JFCqo_

Tory and I just love sampling different dishes, even if they aren’t mind-blowing, because it gives us a great conversation starter. We start ranking things while talking about how we would improve the dish or what worked about it. It’s a super fun way to spend an afternoon!

gwJX__ammt9aepK8dS-8liXnFFVywY0-XEBjGfn3ODaaLm6luYFYJplOw_Rpt4ITFMbXkToyoxhf0-3uupVr8dAlDWraphVJj7xSNa23qTTPB5S6fmKlDxlPUKeH9sfZ6OY_Xa5p

Our next stop was the Wine and Dine Studio where we got both the seared scallops and the butternut squash ravioli. These were two of the most complete and creative bites of the whole day. The scallops were well seared and the celery root puree was very tasty. The ravioli were well cooked and had all those fall/winter flavors. However, we found ourselves struggling to finish both as they were very rich and heavy dishes and it was 90+ degrees out. I think we would have gushed about these two plates even more if it was a much cooler day or after dark. Again, there was no shade relief in sight in Future World.

JRVXWVAPtGhbnN_sAdGC2EdsAjNh4RwBXRj_4Os93bacSD_UgT-C6JbwCWZdXXLJEs2qagiouuLH9Pkqzeljja0p_meBLFJMVn0P44kmdE-4MSZ3_ztCU1yyGKS9pIz4AOzxTXeL

Ie6inI_JpiyOeMAgG2KDE_QN5tEQCpj3I-ikhaDUwDLBYw30IDp9eRnJtZj5_0t_Sm7GgYhiUIkCsTbDvvgatg4fwfymBZCnVBWdIFqwn3Di6G31_OO4ivlKVR_QlCd5mnVoSYnz

We then made it to the World Showcase and started our world travels with the Hawaii booth, which was very popular, but nothing like what we had seen on Saturday! We got the grilled tuna takai with a seaweed salad. This was perfect for a hot day! It was served cold and was light and refreshing. The tuna was well grilled as well! If we didn’t have so many more things we wanted to try, I would have gotten another one of these!

QKO6gvT0bZ6PvCFtGxsfPeuA0FUx0lCvdW6We62q87xyGEFdd0FumQd9ScPuoQFlr5W3JbaUwLFt6Ciszktm9k0xk0MFpm05bsWsujDEE84-g4FzRQkzGLxt48YwJ9eeCl_ULk8b

Drinking didn’t seem like a good idea considering the heat, but we were tempted by the White Claw Frozen Mimosa from the Shimmering Sips booth. While refreshing, this was really disappointing. It was a really bland slushie topped with what seemed like just a splash of White Claw.

sQkIW6kq_i3nl0dQvcMhITm3f0fCyXU0unwCS6FPPz-V1aarBuvIRw5wkobxSu_MjGVRB7qzUauYfIwek0viJs4R-JzOH0Ola_5jeDTnxPyS30epG6gOKGZN3k0tLQARAHr7uiKK

However, our other purchase at the Shimmering Sipps booth might have been the best thing we tried at the whole festival: the Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae! This was so addicting and tasty. The soft serve was quite creamy given that it was almond milk. It also tasted like fresh banana as opposed to that artificial banana flavor you can find in ice cream and other treats. Combined with the berries and the almond flakes, this was so perfect! A great treat for a hot afternoon at EPCOT!

bml2prsZ6TQdwo5M0YjW-r2hIGAr6JUrB100YbyzQ-S_SavKuJI4ytqghMX8reYGfoggrfEkR0jrbsovmBLrfBONsEQKLfZ0n-sQGT5a9Kp-Ae5ArD-qP5OtxJqOdSQnVAa2h238

We were filling up at this point and so our last food item before taking an eating break was the jerk chicken from the Caribbean booth. We had heard so many good things about this and we were definitely excited to try it. It did not disappoint. Well grilled chicken with jerk spices, what’s not to love? The only places to eat near the booth though were right in the sun, so we ate it pretty quickly before continuing around the world looking for some shade.

-t9UuEfg_qoPHKp4HA-TeRQsOo2CNXyxAvcEcqcKiTodCKXaUaa-EDX1O33EZsrhshIYn0zfUwzy3MWxS7dZeawG5YJAa2AYBTY1175VkqFE02Kf0WeEbRKCeEiOz-7by7uTTGW6

We found some in Norway where we wandered through the stores of the pavilion. Meanwhile Tory was determined to get us a FP to use in the few hours we had left. Tory kept her head in her phone and with just seven minutes of refreshing, got us Frozen Ever After FPs for just over an hour from then. She was really proud of herself!

We continued to wander through World Showcase stopping in the stores in China.

U2kVPhyh-_n739G-19j9JilMfFO6MQWF_vwf0EghdXYF-tdrWY3aFnVh_ByBOLC7JzYS5MYQLKaANH6b-DIuLEzvNEsSF3cQcYPUJnRE9-hSjsoAxoVwWPx1wFBXO32Kbm2VDHXO

We actually saw the cotton candy artisan at work. It was really cool to watch what he was able to do with spun sugar as he added different colored dyes and created a cotton candy flower out of seemingly nothing.

npXTyeyrQHLRKB9j47pEdsXGDS4_Hipbsu-goAXfWda1aXoNVXZFnilrtyYnUlX--lBXS84hO9xihsNekX-56MTEtyfoiqJZG1yXeETbd6R8k6qydXV4EEs-e4OGji4wa8mpErFl

4TuQPOqMVnHEO2-Fpqlgb1wvv_QCfaGmUnWPaJCmIGE4JB4PMmYMySOh_3kNXJc9RpDlVr5teIXkKdTnhM02QU1R089aEIq0m6MFo4DdRq1fR2B8v1CYXKN3_Ks4R92UVqDDHBN_

Cont in next post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter