"You Can't Outrun Me, Bacon!"-A Universal/Disney Holiday TR-Completed 1/23

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

We started the night with dinner at the Crystal Palace.

Crystal Palace Review

After dinner we took a ride with some Pirates. Where the picture was taken right as I was telling Kayleigh the camera was coming up and we should look that way. :rotfl:

IMG_1869.jpeg

We grabbed our free cookies and eggnog.

After that we walked on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which was really fun. I usually skip it because it jostles you around quite a bit and has left me not feeling great on other previous trips, but it didn't seem as bad this time. I told Kayleigh it must've been because of my trauma on Hagrid's, and now no other ride seemed scary anymore. :rotfl:

It was time for more free food!

IMG_1850.jpeg

Next we rode Haunted Mansion which was the ride Kayleigh was looking forward to the most, and she loved it!
I don't know what is happening in this picture at all though. :rotfl2:

IMG_2367.jpeg

At least Kayleigh is sort of looking in the right place.

It was getting close to firework time, but Winnie the Pooh was only a couple minutes wait so we decided to ride that.
About 20 minutes before the fireworks we were able to get into a pretty good spot. We did sit a bit during the show that was playing before the fireworks which seemed to upset a lady standing near us. (She kept grumbling why did we get a spot just to sit there and not watch the show), but since several people behind us were also sitting we didn't think it was a big deal.

I honestly miss the old Halloween and Christmas shows, and the dream lights on the castle but these were still pretty good fireworks.
I knew we had to see them no matter what because if it's your first trip these fireworks are a must, and Kayleigh did really like them.
I also liked the sparkly fireworks that looked like they were coming out of the castle. (If anyone knows what I mean because they were hard to capture).

IMG_1938.jpeg

Instead of getting a spot now for the parade I decided we would fight the Tomorrowland bridge crowd so we could grab some Snickerdoodles, (which were truly the best of the cookies we had) and ride the Peoplemover.

IMG_2098.jpeg

We also couldn't resist the smell of popcorn.
I love the guy in the back that looks like "oh no I don't know what to do I'm in the back of a picture". :rotfl:

IMG_2099.jpeg

We found a seat for the parade near the end of Main St. We had been sitting for about awhile when the lady next to me turned to me right before the parade and said "you can't sit there, this is my daughter's seat. Sorry I didn't notice when you sat down but you have to get up and leave". I didn't want to fight with the lady, but we were not planning to get up and do that and I thought that was really rude. (They were really spread out and had tons of space). What ended up happening is we asked the nicer couple on Kayleigh's side to move down a bit, and then that family still glared at us and scooted down more. There ended up being plenty of room for the daughter (who came back a bit later).

Although they were also the most annoying people ever. :rotfl:

The whole family of 3 were all adults and clearly AP's that came to the parks often (so that made me even more annoyed that they wanted us to get up right before the parade and have no spot) and they sat there most of the time loudly talking about how they'd seen the parade/been to the party multiple times this year and also kind of trying to one up each other like they knew everything about Disney. Then when the actual parade started the girl next to me started acting like the parade was just for her and trying to get all the character's attention. The people next to us on the other side were actually cracking up because they were so annoying.
Other than that I loved the parade! I'd never actually seen the Christmas one in full before, and I still prefer the music for Boo To You, but the floats were amazing. This parade had a very magical feel to it, and it was great.

IMG_1968.jpeg

When the parade finished we decided to walk up Main St in the shops because Kayleigh was hoping to find a Haunted Mansion shirt (which we didn't find surprisingly).
We figured it was probably too close to midnight to do anything more, but when we got out of the shops we still had a few minutes and other people looked like they were also heading towards rides. So we headed to 7DMT. We were really close (made it by like a minute), and I was so glad we got to experience it because I was pretty sure we wouldn't have time.

They actually lost our picture, and I was so upset because we tried really hard to pose the whole time. But I think it should've stayed lost. :rotfl:

IMG_2899.jpeg

We made our way out slowly, and took some pictures. This is actually my favorite one we got with the castle, and some random person took it for us.

IMG_2444.jpeg

Thanks random person!

We grabbed some snacks at the Confectionary on the way out too.
We didn't get to everything at Magic Kingdom, and maybe could've done more if we got there earlier and skipped a sit down dinner but I think we accomplished all the main things we had planned and we had a great time. This was definitely a better experience than I had at MNSSHP earlier this year, and we'll absolutely go back next year.

Our snack haul:

IMG_2106.jpeg

It was already very late, and we had an early breakfast before leaving but we both still had to shower for the next day, exchange all the photos we'd taken on the trip, and eat some of our snacks. Kayleigh also kept singing "Dancing Queen" and didn't know why, and we realized it was because it played at the club at Universal the night we went to the OI meetup. :rotfl:

We did manage about 4.5 hours of sleep before our last day though. :rotfl2:

Next Up
Our last day :sad2:

Last edited:
The Last Day & Wrap Up Post

Sadly, the last day of our trip had come, and it was a pretty short day. We got up at 7:30 am which was quite an accomplishment after how late we had stayed up the night before. Luckily, we'd packed the night before too so we were basically ready to go. Our breakfast was at 8 am, but we were so tired I don't think we could've woken up any earlier. :rotfl:

Goodbye Riverside!

IMG_2285.jpeg

We took a Lyft to the Beach Club for our breakfast at Cape May Cafe.

IMG_2291.jpeg

Cape May Cafe Review

IMG_2436.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

We had a great breakfast, and we still had 15 minutes before we had to call our Lyft so I wanted to show Kayleigh the Yacht Club and the view of the Boardwalk area (we didn't make it over to the Boardwalk hotel) since we hadn't made it there on our Epcot day.

IMG_2364.jpeg

After that we left for the airport. We had very short lines going through security, and made it on time. It was sad to say goodbye, and I missed the nice weather immediately. But we're already planning our next trip which I'm very excited for!

Because this was a short post I'm going to throw my wrap up in here!

We had a great trip, and luckily were able to avoid any of the things we were worried about (like someone getting sick, weather delays, etc). It was nice to be able to spend time with Kayleigh in person, and I feel like we achieved everything we had planned and had some time to just hang out. However we were on the move a lot and didn't get to take enough time for breaks some days, so I do think an extra day in the future will give us a little more time to sleep/relax. (We're talking about going back this December, and this time the trip would be 6 days instead of 5).

IMG_1683.jpeg

There were pros and cons to both hotels we stayed at, but overall we had a good stay at both. I still think the room at Aventura was my favorite of the two, but I do wish we'd known about the water taxi service being under refurbishment at the time of the trip.

We had several great meals throughout this trip, and some really fun snacks too. I love the variety of Christmas snacks, and can't wait to try more next year.

DTR Wrap Up

We also had an amazing time at the Orlando Informer Event. This was my first trip during a time when they had one of these, and it was totally worth the price. We walked on almost every ride, got to try all kinds of food, and got to meet characters I've never seen out before. I know there were some things we didn't get to do, but in one night we managed to do more than I think we could've in 2 days in the park.

IMG_1384.jpeg

On the day we used Genie+, we did manage to get passes for everything we had hoped for and ride them (except Rise of the Resistance because it was down). I loved Cosmic Rewind's Holiday Overlay, and I was glad we got to at least see the decor in HS. Next year I do think we'll focus more on the Festival of the Holidays though.

IMG_1700.jpeg

MVMCP was also a lot of fun this year, and I preferred it to MNSSHP. There's definitely so many attractions in MK than we were able to get to that we might not have otherwise, and we had a lot of fun.
I'm also glad we built in some time to visit DS & some of the resorts. I'm hoping we'll get to even more of those next year.

Getting Photopass was also so worth it this trip. I'm so glad I was able to get ride photos and pictures of both of us that weren't just selfies. A lot of the poses they had us to this trip seemed very awkward looking (or maybe that's just us :rotfl:). But at least now we have those hilarious memories.

IMG_2367.jpeg

I already have some ideas for next year based on what we didn't get to this year (World Showcase, another OI event and MVMCP, going to Animal Kingdom, etc).

I haven't started a PTR for that trip/this year's trips yet, but that will be coming soon. So far Josh and I are planning a 10 day HHN trip (with the possibility that Samatha may join me for part of it), Kayleigh and I are planning another December trip (this time for 6 days). Other non Disney trips I have planned this year are a 5 day trip to Charleston in April with Kayleigh, and Josh and I may go to Boston/Salem around my birthday in June for 3-4 days.

Last edited:
You have some lovely memories of this trip Raeven with Kayleigh, you both had so much fun and I really enjoyed your pictures too.

Food looked good and I love the picture of you with the mickey waffle......and really glad you enjoyed the OI event. I`m not sure we`d do it again, but we did enjoy it for the ride access, but we never took advantage of the food offerings.

Going back to one of your other TR`s, did you ever find the old picture of the birthday cake with shrek on when you were younger....did your dad make it??? I`ve been meaning to ask you for ages......I think I remembered it correctly......lol.....

Another lovely trip report Raeven.......always appreciate you writing them...... ☺️

You have some lovely memories of this trip Raeven with Kayleigh, you both had so much fun and I really enjoyed your pictures too.
We do & thank you!
Food looked good and I love the picture of you with the mickey waffle......and really glad you enjoyed the OI event. I`m not sure we`d do it again, but we did enjoy it for the ride access, but we never took advantage of the food offerings
With the AP's I agree it doesn't make as much sense. It makes the most sense for our short trips because it's less than 2 day tickets/EP.
Going back to one of your other TR`s, did you ever find the old picture of the birthday cake with shrek on when you were younger....did your dad make it??? I`ve been meaning to ask you for ages......I think I remembered it correctly......lol.....
No! I don't really think he kept looking. I really want to see it too it's one of the only cakes he made when I was a kid that I don't have a picture of.
Another lovely trip report Raeven.......always appreciate you writing them...... ☺️
Thank you!
Sad this trip report has come to an end but also can't wait for the next one!
:thumbsup2

Finally got back here to read the deets...great TR as usual and looking forward to the next PTR....the snacks you got looked really good as usual and always love reading about the food. It's crazy how quickly 5-6 days go by when you are on vacation...and even more so in Orlando...with so much to do I feel like no matter how much time you have there's always more that you wanted to do but didn't have time for...

and Josh and I may go to Boston/Salem around my birthday in June for 3-4 days.
So awesome. With my son going to school in Boston I have been there quite a lot over the past couple of years. Always so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter