You can now upload a picture directly in to your post!

Am also testing posting a photo. If this works I can overlook all the other quirks I'm adjusting to!!!

OKAY not what I expected ...........:(..........back to the instructions.

Is that your family? That's a cool pic.

You can also copy and paste the picture right into the body of the post.
upload_2015-2-3_14-25-3.png

Float 16.jpg
Is that your family? That's a cool pic.

You can also copy and paste the picture right into the body of the post.
View attachment 661

Yes, we were picked to be in the parade last April. We were first picked so we go to pick our float. It was such a highlight for us!!! My DS on the left is handicapped and he wasn't sure what was going on but once we were out on the parade route he kicked in and was waving and smiling and the response he got back from the guests was amazing! He was truly the star of the float. The photopass photographers put an assortment of pics on a card and they were ours for free.

:( It won't let me paste, I'm clearly not reading something. It will be great to not have to use a third party.
Grrrr embarrassed to say I can handle some website coding but not this. :o

EDIT: This is what happens when you work on computers all day, you click buttons before reading all the options. My bad.
This is going to be so much easier - I am embracing the new site. :worship:

Last edited:
I love the parade picture! What a wonderful time!

It won't let me paste, I'm clearly not reading something.
You did it a minute ago. Sure it was a thumbnail, but it was in there. So when I type "ctrl-v" to paste it in, it pauses for a second then asks me Thumbnail/Full Image
(Here's a screen shot of me posting in the blue circle and the question. After I took the screenshot I deleted the blue circle)>
upload_2015-2-3_14-49-6.png
This one is tiny so I leave it alone, it's a full image. The picture in the bluebonnets was a full image too. This time I'll try thumbnail with an equally small red square:
upload_2015-2-3_14-50-17.png Nah, looks the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'll try to upload a file.. DH & DD in the bluebonnets, I resized this one up close to max limit (I think) of 1MB.

Now it's paused waiting for me to pick. Down below I see insert: thumbnail/full image beside this new pic. (OOOPS i left white border on when resizing. Oh well. Leaving it alone as it's for testing.)
BB_Jn.jpg

I love the parade picture! What a wonderful time!

You did it a minute ago. Sure it was a thumbnail, but it was in there. So when I type "ctrl-v" to paste it in, it pauses for a second then asks me Thumbnail/Full Image
(Here's a screen shot of me posting in the blue circle and the question. After I took the screenshot I deleted the blue circle)>
View attachment 673
This one is tiny so I leave it alone, it's a full image. The picture in the bluebonnets was a full image too. This time I'll try thumbnail with an equally small red square:
View attachment 674 Nah, looks the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'll try to upload a file.. DH & DD in the bluebonnets, I resized this one up close to max limit (I think) of 1MB.

Now it's paused waiting for me to pick. Down below I see insert: thumbnail/full image beside this new pic. (OOOPS i left white border on when resizing. Oh well. Leaving it alone as it's for testing.)
View attachment 676

It was a two-part post, I tried and said it didn't work then went back in to try again and figured I would edit on my previous post. Then I tried it with the upload and that is where I saw thumbnail or photo ........... I had zoomed through too fast not reading.

What exactly are those purple flowers? Beautiful picture - good subjects too.

... I figured I would edit on my previous post ...
Ahhh. I must have jumped on in the middle. :)
What exactly are those purple flowers? Beautiful picture - good subjects too.

Thanks! I'm fond of them. The flowers AND the subjects.

Those are bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas. They're wildflowers. And that was the northern part of central Texas. Or the southern part of North TX :P last Easter. Camping at a State park.

Ahhh. I must have jumped on in the middle. :)

Thanks! I'm fond of them. The flowers AND the subjects.

Those are bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas. They're wildflowers. And that was the northern part of central Texas. Or the southern part of North TX :P last Easter. Camping at a State park.

Thanks. They looked so much like purple lupines, which I LOVE, but can't grow here in Georgia. I'm thinking I might be able to grow those. As I sit here guys are cutting lots of trees in my yard so I am on total "garden mode."

I'm trying to write a TR, but I don't see the upload option. Am I doing something wrong, I'm using Chrome, so that may be the problem.

You aren't trying to use the mobile app are you? If so, that has been discontinued, you need to use the website via your phone's browser.

Andre
no....I was using a notebook and no matter where I clicked, I kept getting that message - it even took me 4 tries to even post those couple of posts that did eventually make their way to the DIS....so weird....

.....sooooooo, I guess we can no longer copy and paste?
6df502b3.gif

So I pasted that from your sig (cute mickey!) Is it still not working for you @kimmar067 ?

....oh no - my pix in my siggie are all working...they are from the 'old DIS' and are working just fine.....my Tink in the avatar was originally animated [the wings changed color]. I'm not so upset about that - I just can't seem to post any pix...:confused3

BTW, you can have that Mickey if you like it! :thumbsup2

testing this out, though I think it's a thumbnail...

Attachments

• N and A Epcot.jpg
    N and A Epcot.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 5
Ok…what did I do wrong? Why is my pic just a thumb nail?
From trial and error it appears that
  • If you upload/paste a small picture, it automatically posts the whole picture and the option to post as a thumbnail or a full picture
  • If you upload/paste a large picture, it automatically posts the thumbnail and the option to post as a thumbnail or a full picture
Either way after you upload it you can click the option to how it should appear (The upper blue circle is inside my post, the one below is a posting option ofr the picture):

upload_2015-2-3_14-49-6-png.673

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter