You can now upload a picture directly in to your post!

Anyone know how to resize the images on a Mac? Just got this a couple weeks ago, and I am just not familiar enough with it!

Anyone know how to resize the images on a Mac? Just got this a couple weeks ago, and I am just not familiar enough with it!
No... but! I tried this and it worked pretty easy
http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/
I clicked browse, found a picture from Ireland on my pc, clicked upload (there's an upward limit on it, too)
and then I could click download image. Was really fast.
So I downloaded it, but I also just right clicked on the image on the left and did 'copy image' and then I could paste that smaller one in a forum post.
Not sure how you would right-click on a mac though! So maybe 'download image' :)
upload_2015-2-2_19-0-24.png

Let me test it!!!

... test unsuccessful. LOL. But I have an old, bad computer, so I won't worry for now.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I actually understood all that! Thanks.

But it seems like a lot of work to put in for each picture. I think I'll just keep using my photo-hosting site to download and paste the IMG code, as that still seems to work.
Can simplify by right-clicking file > click Edit. Click File > Save As > Save As Type > GIF. GIFs are much more compressed than JPG or PNG files, so usually will work just by changing format.

I am uploading my very first picture to the Dis! Yay! :cheer2:I'm using my iPad and it said the image size was too large. I went online to search for tips for resizing pics on iPads and iPhones. There are some apps available to do this but you can also email the image to yourself. When you do this, it will allow you to choose which image size you wish to send. Once you receive the image in the email you can save it in the smaller image size to your camera roll and then use it. Some extra steps involved, but it looks like it will work for me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3
If you have Photoshop you can use Scripts to automatically shrink a whole folder of photos at once. I have to do this to upload into Photobucket anyway as 1) we have tediously, tediously slow internet in our semi rural area, and some of our files are huge if we use the original shots. You put all the photos you want resized into one labelled folder then the pathway in Photoshop is File-Scripts-Image Processor. Select the folder you put the photos in, I just leave it ticked as 'save to same location' (it saves as a copy in a separate sub-file), save as JPEG. Then choose your quality, I am using 2 for the last half of my TR, the earlier half was on 3-that was still too big; 2 has shrunk 6-7,000 KB files down to around 500 KB (the range is 1-12 with I believe 12 the highest quality - I am still learning how to do this myself by the way) and I leave ICC profile as ticked as that saves some info with the photo that tends to better quality reproduction. You wouldn't want to do this for pics you were printing in a bigger format somewhere but for shrinking to post on the web its great. It takes much less time than doing them individually. I drop a couple of hundred into the folder then leave it processing while I make myself a cuppa or something. I am not sure if the free Photoshop light version has this though.

Now I need someone to tell me how to get the hyperlinks to TR pages working. Not having much luck at the moment trying to add the link to my cover page for the most recent posts.

Now I need someone to tell me how to get the hyperlinks to TR pages working. Not having much luck at the moment trying to add the link to my cover page for the most recent posts.
Click on the #57 on your post and you'll find a hyperlink

Candleshoe yes was doing that but the hyperlink isn't working so figured I must be copying the wrong link or otherwise doing something wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter