You can buy the FW Cabins from 2100 loop, with a catch

mich1073

Mouseketeer
Looks like if you have 20K and want a old 2100 loop cabin, that is 100% intact, you can! But you can not move it from a RV Park called Natures Resort in Homosassa which is North of me in Tampa. Alot of manatees and etc up there :) Oh and you have to pay the 4800 a year, in a lump sum for the lot rental.... They seems to have 16 of them, not sure if that is all of them.

But from the pictures I have seen, they even still have the Green clean paper sign attached to the back of the door. Everything is the same, TVs, Chairs, linens, all light fixtures you name it....

My MIL would so buy one for that price and move it to the corner of my land if she could :) So she could winter here and stay other than just the RV that she stay in now.

You buy, but you're not allowed to move it. You rent (ok, the lot), but you're not allowed to rent it out to others. Seeing that they've left the original furnishings inside, I guess you're not allowed to remove anything out of it either?

I would love to have one, but not like that.

Cool, but not $20,000 and another $5000 a year cool. There will be those that will pay it though.

Looks like if you have 20K and want a old 2100 loop cabin, that is 100% intact, you can! But you can not move it from a RV Park called Natures Resort in Homosassa which is North of me in Tampa. Alot of manatees and etc up there :) Oh and you have to pay the 4800 a year, in a lump sum for the lot rental.... They seems to have 16 of them, not sure if that is all of them.

But from the pictures I have seen, they even still have the Green clean paper sign attached to the back of the door. Everything is the same, TVs, Chairs, linens, all light fixtures you name it....

My MIL would so buy one for that price and move it to the corner of my land if she could :) So she could winter here and stay other than just the RV that she stay in now.

Might not be such a bad deal 'if' you could relocate it - would make a neat guest house on your property - otherwise, what's the point?? :confused3

Doesn't sound like you have much 'say so' for your ownership! Especially, not being able to move it, not being able to rent it out plus having to pay lot rent for that amount each year! :crazy2: Think we'll pass! o_O

For $20,000, you could buy a very reasonable used mobile home in Florida.
I was going to say a similar thing. Doing a bit of looking,I can buy a 2014 Single Wide 16'x64' 2 bed, 2 bath for $37,500 and cna move it where ever I want. I get the nostalgia factor but at $5K a year, that's basically what I pay for my mortgage (less taxes/insurance/etc) a month.

I might pay $20K or even $30K to own the old cabin, but being able to move where I want would be a condition.

I wish them well selling them, but it won't be to me.

And they are 20 years old... It's basically just a small park model with nicer sides and cabin style inside.

For $20,000, you could buy a very reasonable used mobile home in Florida.

Yes, very true, I know, but was mainly looking at the nostalgic value!! :)

(Or, maybe a 'doghouse' for certain times)!!
No, that would be 'too' comfortable - wouldn't accomplish the desired results! :teeth:

So my sister just checked in at FW yesterday and the CM said that Disney or someone is selling them. I told her to head back up today and find out more as it was too busy to bug him then about it. I will let you know

Very cool if we would be able to move them, I agree with everyone here not really worth it the way they are doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter