You best travel hack

EmJ

DIS Veteran
I thought this might be fun. Anyone have a travel hack to share? Universal-specific, or generalized.

Here's mine: We pack quite a bit of food in our suitcases. Usually whatever we need to make our own continental breakfast, Odwalla juices (frozen), and snacks for the tyke. For US (Cabana Bay stay), we will also pack s’mores supplies. As we eat up the food, it creates suitcase space for souvenirs and less-than-careful return packing.

Long time lurker, first time poster...

IRT the suitcase food hack, my family (me, DH, DD 12 at time of travel) and DH's brother and his family (wife, DD also 12) are going for a week at the end of May. We're all staying at RPR. We had considered doing this but wasn't sure if it was overkill or if it was actually a smart plan. I'm glad to hear that someone else has done it and it has worked well for them! We plan to eat Islands breakfast buffet a few times, because we love it, but it's too expensive to do every day. Also we figured we will want to hit early park admission a few times and might want something more grab-and-go.

Anyway, TL;DR, I'm glad to hear our idea wasn't too off-base! I look forward to reading everyone else's tips since I am in full-on planning/hype mode! Ha!

Long time lurker, first time poster...

IRT the suitcase food hack, my family (me, DH, DD 12 at time of travel) and DH's brother and his family (wife, DD also 12) are going for a week at the end of May. We're all staying at RPR. We had considered doing this but wasn't sure if it was overkill or if it was actually a smart plan. I'm glad to hear that someone else has done it and it has worked well for them! We plan to eat Islands breakfast buffet a few times, because we love it, but it's too expensive to do every day. Also we figured we will want to hit early park admission a few times and might want something more grab-and-go.

Anyway, TL;DR, I'm glad to hear our idea wasn't too off-base! I look forward to reading everyone else's tips since I am in full-on planning/hype mode! Ha!
We always do this, lol. The only thing you can’t really take is milk; otherwise, we will generally pack muffins or bagels, peanut butter if we bring bagels, frozen Odwalla juice bottles, cheese sticks, and bacon cooked at home (put the cheese and bacon in insulated lunch boxes with the Odwallas to keep them cold while traveling), and a Black Box of wine for the evenings :). Plus small things like granola bars and applesauce pouches for our son. Then we will pack our breakfast to eat in line while we wait for the gates to open!

I pack bagels, and instant oatmeal. Will buy juice and cream cheese from hotel store. But unsure if they sell litre size oj, or cream cheese at Universal hotels. I didn’t really pay attention our previous trips. Usually we fly into Ft. Lauderdale first for a week, then drive up to Orlando and do a grocery stop before we check in.

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter