"You and me, we're in a club now!" - a DFTW/Disneymoon/Vacay August 2017 PTR

I have read a few things about this but didn't really clue in about how this works now at MK? Is there some info about this somewhere that you know of? So if the park opens at 9, what time do you really have to be there? I don't get it? (I mean the new RD process?)

I've only been once since the new procedure, but I believe they open up Main St. an hour or slightly more before park opening, and the castle welcome show begins about 5 minutes before opening? They rope off the pathways on either side of the castle until after the show is over. Almost everything on Main St. is open. We were doing Frontierland at rope drop, rather than Fantasyland, so I'm sure you'd want to get there much earlier if you wanted to ride 7DMT at rope drop, but we only arrived about 25-30 minutes early if I remmeber correctly, and then we took some photopass photos and wandered Main Street. We actually didn't join the crowd at the front until the welcome show had started, and then headed to the left when the ropes were dropped. I've heard recommendations of being in place about 45 minutes early if you want to rope drop 7DMT, but I'm sure that just depends on crowds and season, and I've never tried it so I don't have any advice. As far as security goes, they do bag check at the TTC, at the resort monorail stations, and at a point on the pathway from the Contemporary, rather than doing it at the MK gates. So once you get on a ferry, a monorail, or walk through the bag check point, you're already in a secure area. I liked and dislikes things about this procedure. I missed the train station welcome show, and the new one isn't doing it for me yet. But I liked how it felt safer and less congested by doing bag check differently and letting guests disperse along Main Street. I know a lot of the typical Disney travel blogs did pieces on this when it first started, but I don't have a specific one to recommend. Overall I found it felt more relaxed than the old rope drop procedure for sure.

So adorable!! Love it!! The name too!

Thanks! She's a build-a-bear that came out to promote the Finding Dory movie (which I loved), so I got her and took her to see the movie with me and Nathan in theatres. She's been my bud ever since. :)

There is no shame in that! Speaking of liars...have you watched Big Little Lies? Also good lol

I haven't! The last thing I need is another binge watch, but maybe I'll check it out. :)

I've got a possible Dismeet pencilled in with @chunkymonkey
YAy I hope you guys get a meet up and I can read all about it in each of your TR's.

@ariane37 and I very well may be wrecks, navigating Disney with our pre-trip injuries!
LOL I'm picturing it in my mind. Her hobbling around and you walking around holding your shirt away from your body.

Sorry about the burn OUCH. Glad it's getting better.

Happy belated birthday.

I'm so excited for you and Mickey and Minnie at your reception....that's just awesome.
You may be leaving for your Disney wedding before I make it back to the boards.CONGRATULATIONS

8f79feffffd0deb574ea40961dbcc353.gif

Looking forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy this special trip of a lifetime.

It's an old iPod (which has had the back panel fall off, and which no longer seems to be able to sync with a computer to add new music, etc.) which we plug into a speaker, along with two mics.
Nothing but the highest quality...

All of a sudden the other night, the 1/8" cable (regular headphone size) we plug into our phones wasn't detecting/projecting any music from any iPod or phone...except mine. We couldn't figure out why! ...until I realized that it was because the end of the cable had broken off...inside my iPhone 6S's headphone jack. I took the phone to the phone company's store, then to the Apple store, and nobody was able to get the thing out or fix it.
Oh crap... that sucks. I'm glad the diner at least stepped up to pay your insurance deductible on it. Sorry for the frustration though.

3:00am: I wake up. Uggh. I also wake my mom up because I'm mean like that.
Why would you even go to bed?

But hopefully no matter who we get, it will be magical! In past there were more complaints about Disney's photographers being kinda lousy, but these days the quality seems to be much better in general. Most of the photographers don't exactly have a style that I would have chosen personally, and I'm already regretting not hiring outside photography for the wedding itself, but it is what it is, and I'm sure that whoever takes our photos will capture some wonderful memories for us!
I really feel like this is true. Disney photographers seem to be pretty good for the most part now.

Also...btw...I picked up my wedding dress from the tailor today! (And for anyone who remembers the weird/uncomfortable experience I had with him, and also his "tolerance" of Disney as a Universal fan...not to worry, turns out that he CAN, indeed, sew.) It's beautiful and fits really nicely, so I'm very pleased.
:rotfl2: I hope you've checked closely to make sure there isn't a minion sewn into a hem somewhere or something like that.

Oh my gosh, guys! Things have been weirdly busy the last few days, with a weekend trip to my hometown for some visiting and some major cleaning of the basement, etc., and the Dis is happening waaay faster than I can keep up with it!

Exhibit A:
S7Jaszl.png
I feel your pain...

Naturally, Caesar is short for Jukelius Caesar. Technically for Jukelius T. Caesar...the "T" stands for Turbo.
:rotfl: I like it! Looks good and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra space on the big road trip!

We've also decided that it looks like N's parents will be driving down to Boston(ish) with me to pick up N from the show he'll be working at, and they'll drive his truck back home to Canada, while he hops in with me and continues to trek to Florida. I'm incredibly grateful to them for doing us this favour, and for having some company for the drive in case I get tired, etc. ...but as lovely as they are...we've hardly spent any time together, we're very different people, and I have a feeling it's going to be a very long 6+ hours. Hope they're cool with my Disney playlist!
I'm glad they're riding with you. I hope it isn't a long 6 hours for you. It sounds like you need some bonding time with them and hopefully that can happen!

The wedding plans look great! I'm glad you were able to take it and make it what you wanted it to be! I like the blend of the traditional with the Disney touches.

N and I both agreed that we'll have lots of time for the two of us on our honeymoon, but we're both excited to share a little Disney magic with our families while they're there. While it might be a little unconventional to spend the first day after your wedding with your whole immediate family, I wouldn't want to plan it any differently.
Definitely makes a lot of sense to me.

I've gotten a few more things checked off my list today, including replacing ALL the Photobucket photos in my TRs (what a task!),
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm even going to attempt that... :rolleyes1

We're going as Peter Pan (me) and his shadow (N), which makes sense as I may have mentioned since the party takes place in the evening, which is when your shadows stretch in length, and N is much taller than I am. :thumbsup2
Great costume idea!

Then we have a 10:10 ADR for Tusker House breakfast. After breakfast we'll check in to WL, hang out there, and stay until after our lunch ADR at WCC.

Ok, I'm gonna' stop here for a second...

I know how much food is happening this day. It's insane.
I'm glad you said it. Because I was thinking it. 10:10 buffet followed by lunch at WCC... I would make myself so absolutely miserable because I just can't not eat when there's so much good food in front of me!

Then the morning of the 28th, we'll be hitting the road for the longest and saddest 35+ hours of our lives...but we don't talk about that part...
Oh, you can't call your re-entry into real life as a married couple the longest and saddest 35+ hours of your lives can you? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Okay, please tell me that bad luck leading up to the wedding is one of those things like, "bad dress rehearsal means a good show," etc. ?? Yes??
Well, I've been married for almost 10 years and I ruptured my achilles tendon and had to have surgery 1 month before our wedding. And then I woke up on our wedding day with a 101 degree fever. Between pain meds and cold meds I was on that morning I'm not even sure I should legally be married but it's still working out. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

If you've been following along you'll know that I've had a bit of a bout of bad luck these days, but things seemed to have been really turning around...until this morning when I dumped a cup of boiling water on myself, scalding my stomach and legs, and my thumb.
Oh no... that's horrible.

(Getting that sorted was a fun [expensive...] little encounter, which resulted in N developing a distaste for, and complete lack of understanding of the convention of notarization.)
:rotfl: I can only imagine. I'm glad it's at least taken care of.

Hello, friends! Today was a special day, I won't lie, because not only was it the first day of a good Disfriend's WDW vacation—here's lookin' at you, Ariane!—but it also happened to be my birthday!!
Happy belated birthday!!!!

...which mostly just entails throwing anything I think I might need and am likely to forget in a pile in the corner of the bedroom as I think of it.
That's why you're driving... If you think you might need it, load it in the car.

My burn seems to be healing to the point where I can at least leave the house with clothes on, but I've been taking it pretty easy. The good (or bad? Not sure. Probably bad) thing to come out of it is that I've idly binged the entire first season of Pretty Little Liars because of it...
I'm glad it is starting to get better!

ALSO! I'm taking suggestions for what Disney films (animated, or otherwise) to watch this week in prep for our trip to get in the magical pixie-dusted spirit! pixiedust: What are your favourites??
Not Disney but I'd watch Avatar before you go. I know I've seen people say that the land stands alone and you don't need to watch the movie before you go, but I really feel like having it fresh in your mind will help.
As for Disney movies...
Peter Pan
Aladdin
Lion King
Moana... You're welcome!
Toy Story
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc
Pirates of the Caribbean - the first one
Meet the Robinsons - totally underrated movie and I love it!
Any Star Wars movies
Any Marvel movies

I've only been once since the new procedure, but I believe they open up Main St. an hour or slightly more before park opening, and the castle welcome show begins about 5 minutes before opening? They rope off the pathways on either side of the castle until after the show is over. Almost everything on Main St. is open. We were doing Frontierland at rope drop, rather than Fantasyland, so I'm sure you'd want to get there much earlier if you wanted to ride 7DMT at rope drop, but we only arrived about 25-30 minutes early if I remmeber correctly, and then we took some photopass photos and wandered Main Street. We actually didn't join the crowd at the front until the welcome show had started, and then headed to the left when the ropes were dropped. I've heard recommendations of being in place about 45 minutes early if you want to rope drop 7DMT, but I'm sure that just depends on crowds and season, and I've never tried it so I don't have any advice. As far as security goes, they do bag check at the TTC, at the resort monorail stations, and at a point on the pathway from the Contemporary, rather than doing it at the MK gates. So once you get on a ferry, a monorail, or walk through the bag check point, you're already in a secure area. I liked and dislikes things about this procedure. I missed the train station welcome show, and the new one isn't doing it for me yet. But I liked how it felt safer and less congested by doing bag check differently and letting guests disperse along Main Street. I know a lot of the typical Disney travel blogs did pieces on this when it first started, but I don't have a specific one to recommend. Overall I found it felt more relaxed than the old rope drop procedure for sure.
You're right on the money on the rope drop procedure. We wanted to see the show and had a stroller to park so take that in context, but we arrived near the rope about 15 mintues before RD time and made sure we were somewhat close to the rope to the left and still had a good view of the stage. By the time we left the stroller by the carousel and got to Peter Pan, we waited in a 20 minute line. It definitely ramps up how quickly some of the lines build for those FP or RD only type attractions so being there early is huge. We never tried 7DMT at RD though.

I'm so excited for you and Mickey and Minnie at your reception....that's just awesome.
You may be leaving for your Disney wedding before I make it back to the boards.CONGRATULATIONS

8f79feffffd0deb574ea40961dbcc353.gif

Looking forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy this special trip of a lifetime.

Thank you!! Thanks so much for reading along and for the congrats! :)

Why would you even go to bed?

Good question. I'd definitely considered just staying up. I think that's actually what Nathan's planning to do, and his wake up call isn't even quite as early as mine. But I'm one of those people who can't function on zero sleep. I'll be too tired and ill to participate in my own wedding if I don't get a few hours. My goal is to get 4.5...

:rotfl2: I hope you've checked closely to make sure there isn't a minion sewn into a hem somewhere or something like that.

Hmm...maybe I'd better take another closer look to be sure... :laughing:

:rotfl: I like it! Looks good and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra space on the big road trip!

I'm glad they're riding with you. I hope it isn't a long 6 hours for you. It sounds like you need some bonding time with them and hopefully that can happen!

The wedding plans look great! I'm glad you were able to take it and make it what you wanted it to be! I like the blend of the traditional with the Disney touches.

I'm pretty sure it will be a very long 6 hours...but that's okay. It may be good for us! And if it's not, eventually it'll be over.

Thanks!!

I'm glad you said it. Because I was thinking it. 10:10 buffet followed by lunch at WCC... I would make myself so absolutely miserable because I just can't not eat when there's so much good food in front of me!

Yeah, stupid stupid food decision. I'm just too indecisive and I want to taste everything everywhere!! :hyper:

Oh, you can't call your re-entry into real life as a married couple the longest and saddest 35+ hours of your lives can you? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Shoot...should have thought a bit more about that one before I wrote it... :rotfl2:

Well, I've been married for almost 10 years and I ruptured my achilles tendon and had to have surgery 1 month before our wedding. And then I woke up on our wedding day with a 101 degree fever. Between pain meds and cold meds I was on that morning I'm not even sure I should legally be married but it's still working out. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Oh no!!!

I feel horrible saying it, but that actually makes me feel better!! :rotfl:

Happy belated birthday!!!!

Thanks!

That's why you're driving... If you think you might need it, load it in the car.

:thumbsup2

Not Disney but I'd watch Avatar before you go. I know I've seen people say that the land stands alone and you don't need to watch the movie before you go, but I really feel like having it fresh in your mind will help.
As for Disney movies...
Peter Pan
Aladdin
Lion King
Moana... You're welcome!
Toy Story
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc
Pirates of the Caribbean - the first one
Meet the Robinsons - totally underrated movie and I love it!
Any Star Wars movies
Any Marvel movies

Love this list!! A lot of my favourites are on there, and a couple I probably wouldn't have thought of.

We did end up watching Avatar this week, too. We saw it together in the theatre when it came out (not long after we started dating, actually.) And we thought it was quite good then, but didn't live up to the crazy hype it was getting. We had the same reaction watching it this time. But it was really good to have the refresher because I'd forgotten a lot about it...it's hard to remember everything about a 3 hour movie!!

The Last Update *ominous music*

Well folks, this is it! This is the last update! I don't expect I'll get on the Dis much after today since tomorrow is ALL the last-minute prep, cooking, cleaning, etc., and Saturday the road trip begins, so I figured I'd better get back here today or it would never happen...

...let's be real, it probably isn't the LAST update. I could potentially be back here another half dozen times before I leave...

But for the purposes of writing this update today, I'm planning for this to be the last one!

But...not exactly.

jHScnys.gif

I've decided that I will attempt to pop back with a few pictures off and on throughout the trip. I won't be doing much in the way of live reporting, but I'm sure I'll have a few little tidbits to share when we take our resort breaks, etc.

In life news, N took off Tuesday night for his show in Boston. He will arrive there today if he hasn't already. When he left, it really hit me that this was SO real and SO close! The next time I'll see him is when we're road tripping!

Also, my burn started to blister, in case any of you were dying to hear about it! It kept seeping and getting punctured and all those disgusting things, so I had to go to the clinic and get some ointment for it that's basically just heavy duty Polysporin. It didn't seem to ever get infected, and now it FINALLY seems to be on the way to healing. There will be no bikinis in my Disney future now, but hopefully I should be mostly pain-free and mostly living a normal existence by the time we leave!

I also realized that I never came back to do a post on MNSSHP and my party priorities...but that was mostly because I'm planning to take it easy at the party and do whatever we can. I went into our Christmas party with too much of a plan and was disappointed by what we did[n't] get done. So for MNSSHP, I want to make sure I see the fireworks and the parade, get a few M&G opportunities in, do some allergy-friendly trick-or-treating, take at least one ride on HM, and that will probably fill our night pretty easily! If we happen to have any extra time, I'll see what else we might squeeze in on the fly. Easy peasy!

Today I pack and work at the diner. Tomorrow, as mentioned, I finish ALL the things. Saturday I drive to our hometown just above Maine. Sunday I pick up N's parents (1:00pm, since there's NO way they're willing to leave for a 6-7 hour car trip before church is over...) and we drive to Boston (ish) to meet N. They take his truck home, and he and I keep driving. Monday...we drive...and drive...and drive, and drive, and drive. Tuesday...we drive some more...and then we arrive at the Grand! And then this whole show gets on the road!

I really do have great intentions of posting here during our trip...really and truly...but in case that doesn't happen...and it might not happen...if you'd like to follow along with my occasional updates, I will be posting pictures once in a while to my Instagram account like I did on our last trip. You can find me HERE if you want to follow along.

I want to thank you all so much for your readership, and your awesome/hilarious/insightful comments, and for the care you've shown me and N as we get ready for this adventure! In case I don't get back here much after this, let me take this opportunity to officially wish you all a "See ya real soon!" :love::grouphug:

Oh my gosh Meghan. you have been on a whirlwind! The accident , the family drama, the wedding prep, the burn.... yikes! Poor you! Hope things are getting better now and you are looking forward to being in Disney and enjoying your magical day of days. It is going to be beautiful, I know! I just got back from my cottage in PEI for am finally getting caught up with the Dis. When I looked at your spreadsheet, there are a few times when our paths may cross....I am at EP on the 22nd in the evening, planning for EMH at MK on the 23rd, also having breakfast at Boma (9:10 am) on the 25th and going to MNSSHP that evening. So hopefully we'll be able to say hi and I'll get to hear a little about your wedding day!

As they say in the Maritimes, safe home!

Also, my burn started to blister, in case any of you were dying to hear about it! It kept seeping and getting punctured and all those disgusting things, so I had to go to the clinic and get some ointment for it that's basically just heavy duty Polysporin. It didn't seem to ever get infected, and now it FINALLY seems to be on the way to healing. There will be no bikinis in my Disney future now, but hopefully I should be mostly pain-free and mostly living a normal existence by the time we leave!
Well, I'm certainly glad that it is healing and not infected, but I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

I also realized that I never came back to do a post on MNSSHP and my party priorities...but that was mostly because I'm planning to take it easy at the party and do whatever we can. I went into our Christmas party with too much of a plan and was disappointed by what we did[n't] get done. So for MNSSHP, I want to make sure I see the fireworks and the parade, get a few M&G opportunities in, do some allergy-friendly trick-or-treating, take at least one ride on HM, and that will probably fill our night pretty easily! If we happen to have any extra time, I'll see what else we might squeeze in on the fly. Easy peasy
This makes a lot of sense. It's only a few hours. You can't do everything. I know a lot of people have this do or die list of characters to meet and you can really sink a lot of time there. The parade and fireworks are definitely things you should prioritize, but I think just going with the flow is the best way to enjoy the parties.

I really do have great intentions of posting here during our trip...really and truly...but in case that doesn't happen...and it might not happen...
Totally understand. There are far more important things going on than posting here. I'd love to see updates if you can, but if not, I totally understand! Have a great time!

I want to thank you all so much for your readership, and your awesome/hilarious/insightful comments, and for the care you've shown me and N as we get ready for this adventure! In case I don't get back here much after this, let me take this opportunity to officially wish you all a "See ya real soon!" :love::grouphug:
See ya real soon!

Again, I wish you and N the best of luck as you start this next chapter in life. This trip looks like a one in a million experience even if there weren't a wedding. I know you'll make a lot of great memories. Here's hoping the weather is mild and everything goes great for you!

Have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

I liked and dislikes things about this procedure. I missed the train station welcome show, and the new one isn't doing it for me yet.

Hmmm not sure how I will feel about this. Also I wonder how they do morning EMH with this? I guess I will find out tomorrow!

It definitely ramps up how quickly some of the lines build for those FP or RD only type attractions so being there early is huge. We never tried 7DMT at RD though.

Yes this was my worry..like they are trying to eliminate some of the advantage you get by being the first to arrive...sigh...socialists lol

I've decided that I will attempt to pop back with a few pictures off and on throughout the trip.

Yay! But don't stress if you aren't able to! We all understand!

There will be no bikinis in my Disney future now, but hopefully I should be mostly pain-free and mostly living a normal existence by the time we leave!

Oh man...I hope it does heal quickly! That stuff usually does help a lot.

Oh my gosh Meghan. you have been on a whirlwind! The accident , the family drama, the wedding prep, the burn.... yikes! Poor you! Hope things are getting better now and you are looking forward to being in Disney and enjoying your magical day of days. It is going to be beautiful, I know! I just got back from my cottage in PEI for am finally getting caught up with the Dis. When I looked at your spreadsheet, there are a few times when our paths may cross....I am at EP on the 22nd in the evening, planning for EMH at MK on the 23rd, also having breakfast at Boma (9:10 am) on the 25th and going to MNSSHP that evening. So hopefully we'll be able to say hi and I'll get to hear a little about your wedding day!

As they say in the Maritimes, safe home!

It's been a wild ride!! I hope you had a wonderful time on the Island! PEI is soo beautiful in the summer. What a nice change of pace!

I hope I get the chance to connect with you! I'll send you my contact info in a message. :)

Again, I wish you and N the best of luck as you start this next chapter in life. This trip looks like a one in a million experience even if there weren't a wedding. I know you'll make a lot of great memories. Here's hoping the weather is mild and everything goes great for you!

Thanks so much! I think [hope!] you're right. We're going to do our best to enjoy every minute! Absolutely hoping for mild weather and no hurricanes!

Wishing you both all the best on this magical trip!!!!!

Enjoy every moment!!!!!

:wave2: See ya real soon!!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

Thank you!!

Have a fantastic time, so excited for you both!!

Thank you!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!!!!!! :wizard:

Thank you, Tracy!!

I hope you have an amazing trip and a magical wedding! Enjoy your special day and remember to stop and soak it all in; your actual wedding day will fly by so remind yourself to take a moment or two and relish the here and now. All of us will be waiting and looking forward to the trip report once you return!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I hope you have an amazing trip and a magical wedding! Enjoy your special day and remember to stop and soak it all in; your actual wedding day will fly by so remind yourself to take a moment or two and relish the here and now. All of us will be waiting and looking forward to the trip report once you return!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you so much, and also for the reminder and advice! I'm already sad for when it's over and it hasn't even happened yet, so I'm sure it will fly by! I can't wait to share it all with you!

Day 1 of driving was a success! Tomorrow I pick up the soon-to-be-in-laws for day 2 of driving...and this time tomorrow I'll be reunited with my fella, on the way to our wedding adventure! Tomorrow some of my family starts flying in as well. It's happening, guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter