~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

1/29/18 - 02/04/18
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
01/29/18
Leisurely walk around the neighborhood & 1 hour of yoga.

01/30/18
Goal: 3 miles @ EB 12:20
Actual: 12:09 / 12:04 / 11:53

01/31/18
Goal: 4.5 miles @ EA 13:11
Actual: 12:54 / 13:03 / 12:56 / 13:01 / 12:59

02/01/18 I found running at a 14 min mile very uncomfortable combination of speed walking and a weird bouncy shuffle. I found it hard on my shins speed walking and hard on my knees running. I tried to do it for the first mile, but just couldn't do it. For mile 2 & 5 I ran as slow as I could without discomfort.

Goal: 2 mile WU 14:00 + 2 miles @ Tempo 10:41 + 1 mile CD 14:00
Actual: 14:12 / 13:35 / 10:31 / 10:36 / 13:34

02/02/18
Leisurely walk around the neighborhood.

02/03/18
Goal: 4 miles @ EB 12:20
Actual: 12:13 / 12:04 / 12:09 / 12:07

02/04/18 I had a real hard time keeping pace. My legs just wanted to GO GO GO!
Goal: 4 miles @ Long Run 11:56
Actual: 11:33 / 11:41 / 11:30 / 11:31
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Weight: 140.6
Current Weight: 139
Goal Weight: 125
Pounds lost this week: 1.6

So MFP has been messed up for me all week. Somehow something got checked off somewhere in my account and the more steps I took during the day the more calories it was taking away from me!!!! I was only looking at how many calories I had left for the day instead of the entire picture. It's no wonder I was so hungry and cranky all week. I figured out the problem on Saturday so my goal calories are blank because I have no idea what it was supposed to be without manually calculating it all.

01/29/18
Goal:
Actual: 1424

01/30/18
Goal:
Actual: 1536

01/31/18
Goal:
Actual: 1478

02/01/18
Goal:
Actual: 1470

02/02/18
Goal:
Actual: 1386

02/03/18 Got MFP fixed so now I'm back on track. No more hangry lady! Hangry = Hungry + Angry
Goal: 1721
Actual: 1718

02/04/18 Superbowl Sunday! I lived the first 37 years of my life in MA so I am definitely a Patriots fan. It was a lousy game, but oh well.....
Goal: 1755
Actual: 1624

I started meal planning for the week again. I find a lot recipes on cookinglight.com & myrecipes.com. Those two sites have nutritional info listed which is good for planning out the rest of my day's food around whatever we are having for dinner. I'll link the recipe if I can! My biggest meal of the day is dinner. I'm a night eater. I like my big dinner and my snack while I read before bed. My daughter has soccer practice on Tuesday & Thursday so those are normally quick meals or clean out the fridge night. This is comfort food week LOL!!! You'll also notice that I roast a lot of veggies. I do this because it is fast and easy and I can make a lot at once to use for other meals during the week.

Monday - Mahi Mahi w/ Orange Fennel Relish (was supposed to be sea bass but it was $30 per pound!!!)
Garlic & Olive Oil Pearl Couscous
Roasted multi-colored carrots

Tuesday - Tacos for kids
Tacos Salad for DH
I don't like tacos so I'll have leftovers.

Wednesday - Chicken w/ 40 Cloves of Garlic
roasted butternut squash
sauteed green beans w/ garlic

Thursday - Clean out the fridge night

Friday - Salisbury Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy (I haven't had this since I was little. I was browsing recipes and the picture of it looked yummy. I'm making the kid friendly version....no red wine & vinegar gravy. That just sounds icky.)
mashed potatoes
peas
roasted brussel sprouts

Saturday - Spaghetti (I make my own meat sauce and can it.)
Magic Broccoli
Salad

Sunday - Homemade pizza (9 mile run this day so I will have plenty of calories!)

I usually make extra food at dinner time so my DH and I can eat it for lunch & snacks. I make chili a lot, divide it up into serving sizes and freeze it. If I make soup/stew I'll make extra to can. I usually keep hard boiled eggs on hand too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news. I'm starting a book tonight about my great grandparents that was just published. It's not a very happy story though.

Lydia Hakala's Children

I'm going to a boot camp gym on Friday with my neighbor as her guest. I can't commit more than one day a week there, but if I like it, I can buy a package of visits to use when I want. The videos she sent me look like a blast and it will be awesome to get out of the house!

Last edited:
Meal plan looks good - lots of interesting recipes on there!
And roasted veggies are the best. Super easy, healthy, and yummy!

Congrats on the Patriots loss :) (sorry, I had to, I'm a Jets fan, we hate the Pats)

Meal plan looks good - lots of interesting recipes on there!
And roasted veggies are the best. Super easy, healthy, and yummy!

Congrats on the Patriots loss :) (sorry, I had to, I'm a Jets fan, we hate the Pats)

LOL! I'm not an angry Pats fan! I was just as happy to see the Eagles win their first Super Bowl.

Excited to follow your training journal!

Started my own plan today and running slower paces is tougher than I expected.

I live in MA (my gym is literally in the shadow of the stadium) - so I feel your Pats pain. :hug:

02/01/18 I found running at a 14 min mile very uncomfortable combination of speed walking and a weird bouncy shuffle. I found it hard on my shins speed walking and hard on my knees running. I tried to do it for the first mile, but just couldn't do it. For mile 2 & 5 I ran as slow as I could without discomfort.

In these situations, run the pace "as slow as you can run comfortably." Which looks like exactly what you did. I've got no issue with that as long as the pace stays between 12:20-13:11. Great week!

Ugh....today’s weather right now.

Temp 66 with a real feel of 67
Dew point 65
Humidity 96%

I overslept this morning and lack motivation for adulting today. Sigh.....maybe another cup of coffee and some breakfast will fix my attitude.

Joining in! I'm ridiculously happy to find all these new training journals! I'll never get off the Dis from all the reading I need to do to catch up.

I'm in my 50s, but hopefully still get to join into the fun. And, I actually love your son's long hair (my boy went through a surfer-boy hair thing around that age and I loved it) and I especially love his Ferris shirt.

Anyway, your training looks like it's going great so far and I'm excited to read the rest of your journey.

Joining in! I'm ridiculously happy to find all these new training journals! I'll never get off the Dis from all the reading I need to do to catch up.

I'm in my 50s, but hopefully still get to join into the fun. And, I actually love your son's long hair (my boy went through a surfer-boy hair thing around that age and I loved it) and I especially love his Ferris shirt.

Anyway, your training looks like it's going great so far and I'm excited to read the rest of your journey.

He loved that shirt! I’m still trying to track down another one since he has outgrown it.

I usually catch up on training journals on the weekend. I mostly just read and lurk, but I love following along!

So I skipped boot camp today cuz I just wasn’t feeling it. I decided instead to sleep in until 7am and rearrange my kitchen cabinets. We moved into our house last August, but I’m still figuring out where I want everything. I’ll probably end up taking a stroll through the neighborhood later.

I’ve been so hungry all week. My stomach is always growling and all I do is think about food. It’s ridiculous! It’s not like I’m not eating either. I’ve been meeting my goal everyday in MFP including eating back my exercise calories. TMI, but it’s lady time so maybe that in addition to my DB training plan is making my body freak out.

I’ve been so hungry all week. My stomach is always growling and all I do is think about food. It’s ridiculous! It’s not like I’m not eating either. I’ve been meeting my goal everyday in MFP including eating back my exercise calories. TMI, but it’s lady time so maybe that in addition to my DB training plan is making my body freak out.

That time of the month all I can think about is food. It's rough. So I definitely think it could be a contributing factor for you. Hopefully things will get better soon!

Eeeek! I am sorry I haven't posted this week's update yet. It's on my list of things to do this morning. My schedule is crazy this week.

02/05/18 - 02/11/18
02/05/18 Rest Day
Leisurely walk around the neighborhood

02/06/18 I had a hard time sticking to the pace. It just felt too slow.
Goal: 3.5 miles @ EA 13:11
Actual: 12:36 / 12:16 / 12:21 / 12:14

Today was the SpaceX Falcon heavy rocket launch. This was the view from my backyard.

IMG_2771.JPG

02/07/18
Goal: 4 miles @ EB 12:20
Actual: 12:10 / 11:54 / 12:07 / 11:52

02/08/18 This went much better this week.
Goal: 2 mile WU 14:00 + 2 miles @ Tempo 10:41 + 1 mile CD 14:00
Actual: 12:36 / 12:15 / 10:41 / 10:27 / 11:51

02/09/18 Rest Day
Leisurely walk around the neighborhood.

02/10/18
Goal: 5 miles @ EB 12:20
Actual: 12:20 / 12:08 / 12:14 / 12:03 / 12:07

02/11/18 I couldn't have asked for a better run. I felt awesome the entire time and could have kept going! My pace was all over the place though :/ I did stop to take a picture of one of the bald eagles that has a nest near our home. The pic is blurry since I was zoomed in on my phone. When I tried to get closer it flew off. We have a male & female pair and they have been mating so hopefully we will see some baby eagles take to the skies in a few months!
Goal: 9 miles @ Long Run 11:56
Actual: 11:36 / 11:55 / 11:40 / 11:36 / 11:32 / 11:47 / 11:17 / 11:23 / 11:11

IMG_2781.JPG

I just realized I never weighed in on Monday!!! I'll just wait until next week. My clothes are fitting better so I'm assuming it's all good!

Previous Weight: 140.6
Current Weight: ???
Goal Weight: 125
Pounds lost this week: ???

02/05/18
Goal: 1474
Actual: 1436

02/06/18
Goal: 1649
Actual: 1642

02/07/18
Goal: 1727
Actual: 1596

02/08/18
Goal: 1825
Actual: 1694

02/09/18
Goal: 1488
Actual: 1472

02/10/18
Goal: 1817
Actual: 1678

02/11/18
Goal: 2300
Actual: 1579
So I didn't meal plan this week. My husband is traveling for work and I still have odds and ends from last week's grocery shopping to use up. It'll mostly be easy meals. My 41st birthday is on February 17th. We usually go out for some fancy schmancy meal, but since I'm trying to lose weight and will be at Disney the following weekend we are making dinner at home. We bought a new Weber grill on clearance at Home Depot over the weekend. I have a $35 Whole Foods gift card that I plan to put towards yummy steaks to have Saturday night. Not sure what we will have with them yet. Sunday my DH is taking me to Kennedy Space Center!

This week's goals are to wake up early and get my running done before I have to bring my son to school and get myself to the gym for weight lifting. I'm using Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week program. I've done her program as is before and had fantastic results. I'm going to have to modify it because it eventually ends up as a 6 days a week plan. I really don't want to commit to more than 4 days since I'm running so much.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I just need to share my frustration and grief.

I was at the gym when the FL school shooting came on the news on the TV. We have friends that live across the street from the high school. One son graduated from Stoneman Douglas last year and they had two more sons in the high school and a son at the middle school next door. We had a falling out over something so stupid and I haven’t talked to her in months. I immediately texted her telling her that I had just heard the news and I was so sorry and I was praying for them. Turns out they had just moved back to New England a few weeks ago! I feel so guilty for not being a better friend and letting something so trivial get between us. Before we decided to relocate to central FL we had been looking for a home in Parkland to be closer to our son’s private school. I get sick to my stomach thinking that my daughter could have been in lockdown at the middle school yesterday. I don’t want to send my kids to school today. I want them home here with me where I can protect them. I know that I can’t do that. We can’t live our lives in fear.

Anyway, love on your family as hard as you can and don’t let stupid stuff get in the way of friendship.

love on your family as hard as you can
Yup. This. My 5yo DD uncharacteristically held my hand the whole time we were at the store yesterday when I got off work. I knew she didn't know what happened in FL, nor did she know how badly I wanted to leave work and grab her from school and hold her all day long after I heard the news. But she ~knew~ because sometimes kids just know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts