You’re Driving Straight Through? No Thanks…I’ll Stay Home

Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017

Sadly this was our last day. We got everything packed up and arranged. I sent breakable stuff to go home in the van and I packed as much as I could in my suitcase to be checked in.

Geoff wanted to take the girls to the M & M store to get some personalized M & M’s so they all headed that way.

nyc203 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc205 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc204 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc206 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc183 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I admired our view.

nyc52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My flight wasn’t till later this afternoon, but the family was leaving early. Geoff asked for a later check out for me so I could keep the room. I debated on a nap but in the end I decided to do some activities after a bit of resting.

It was time for them all to leave and they called for the van to be brought.

nyc224 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They loaded all the bags and extras.

nyc223 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Gail’s spot was basically wedged in between bags.

nyc208 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It made me hyper ventilate just looking at it.

We did a few family farewell pictures.

nyc207 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc177 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc178 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then they all climbed in.

nyc222 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Good bye!

nyc221 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc220 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then ran through to the other side to see if I could see them.

marquis5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I caught a glimpse of them far off down the road and then headed back to the room.

I caught up on some emails and lounged around a bit and then decided to go to the Ripleys Believe It or Not museum. I purchased a ticket online, packed my things up and took them down to be held …..and off I went.

rip14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took various pictures throughout my time there and I will post them. I don’t really have any funny stories since I was alone and honestly I wasn’t all that impressed with the place. It was nice to have something to do, but I won’t be back.

rip15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These ships were under a glass like platform and to walk on it was really weird.

rip23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Meanwhile the family was making progress on their road trip.

nyc216 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I moved along in the museum. This was one of the balls from Times Square from New Years Eve.

rip24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It would change colors.

rip27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Again, I am noticing my pictures are out of order, but I will just post them as I find them.

rip7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When people would go and sit next to this guy there would be a fart sound. Of course kids would go back over and over.

rip11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rip13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And that’s basically the pictures I took. I went through fairly fast and it just wasn’t too exciting for me. Some things I found disgusting or disturbing. I am glad I did give it a try, but I will pass on it in the future. I have done the Ripleys Aquarium before and that was really cool.

I headed out and walked back towards the Marriott. I Saw Carlos Bake Shop….and I can’t remember the show, but I know he had one. I also saw an episode where he made a cake that looked like the Disney Dream.

nyc263 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc264 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I really should have walked over there, but I was now working on little sleep and just ready to go home.

nyc265 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I moved on to Times Square and decided it was time for lunch and I found a Ray’s pizza. Now there are several Rays, which are famous and I guess in years past they all argued who’s was the first or original…I believe they are all now one in the same…meaning they all combined some years ago.

nyc266 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I sat at the table counter in there and enjoyed my slice.

I did a little shopping and then headed back to get my bags and use the restroom. I happened upon the DCL desk.

nyc267 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was actually running a little later than I had planned to be. I gave my bag check ticket and they told me it could be 20 minutes to bring them down. EEK. Now I worried that if we got stuck in traffic I might be late to the airport.

I patiently waited and they came down and I still was doing OK on time, but leaving later than I had planned. I got a taxi and off we went. He took a very different route to the airport and I got to see a lot of things along the way. I snapped away, but many are blurry.

Central Park.

nyc268 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc269 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc272 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc219 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc274 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc275 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc217 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I arrived at the airport and took my bags to the curb check in and got myself checked in. We really had made great time getting here and my worries of being late were for nothing.

Once I headed inside and whizzed through security with TSA Precheck, I found my gate area and then found a table and plugged in my laptop and went through emails and browsed the internet till it was getting close to boarding time. Then I packed my things back up, hit the restroom one last time and got ready to board.

I had forgotten today was the day of the Big Michigan/Ohio State game…which is a big thing where I live. People were discussing the game and some were dressed to support their favorite team.

We boarded and soon were taking off and on our way home. The nice thing about Delta is they have USB plugs in the seat and screens you can watch movies or play games on. I actually played some games half the way home which made the time go by fast.

Once we landed I got my bags and texted Paige, who was picking me up. She was waiting….except she was waiting at Southwest which is usually the airline I fly…my sister Amanda had told her I always fly Southwest. I tried to explain how to find the Delta terminal, which is totally different, and eventually she did find it and picked me up. At that time, Paige was off for maternity leave since she had little Ella in early Oct. I think she was starting work the next week. She was saying how she was going miss being home with the girls.

We made the drive home and I thanked her for picking me up and when I came in Claire was already home waiting for me. They made good time driving home today…of course they left several hours before I did!

And with that, my November travels were over and it was time to get ready for Christmas! It was another great trip to the Big Apple!

Thanks for reading along!

I have never been an ice skating fan...for myself that is. I enjoy watching it.

Again I am with you on this. I spent ages watching people skate at Downtown Disney at Disneyland and at Central Park. I also have a big love for watching figure skating.

Are they supposed to be soft?

Yes, they are kind of floury in texture.

I have often wondered about Ripley's Believe It or Not!, but never actually had the urge to check it out. Looks like I made a wise decision there. I have walked past the one in Orlando many times and I also seen a few in other places over the years.

And with that, my November travels were over and it was time to get ready for Christmas! It was another great trip to the Big Apple!

Oh, that sounds interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Corinna

Again I am with you on this. I spent ages watching people skate at Downtown Disney at Disneyland and at Central Park. I also have a big love for watching figure skating.

Figure skating is beautiful! Me skating? hahahaha

Yes, they are kind of floury in texture.

Still sounds gross. LOL. This was kind of mush

I have often wondered about Ripley's Believe It or Not!, but never actually had the urge to check it out. Looks like I made a wise decision there. I have walked past the one in Orlando many times and I also seen a few in other places over the years.

I have walked by them too in other destinations....now I know I don't need to go to any of them. hahaha

And........

Since this trip I went to Washington DC with Claire's class. It was a first for both of us and we did so much and it was a great time. I am not sure if I will do a mini report on that in the future or not. I edited a bunch of pictures when we got home and stopped since then to enjoy summer.

Next week....we are going on the 3 night sailing on the Fantasy! I just booked it a week and a half ago and we are super excited to be getting away.

Thanks for sharing your awesome adventure. Have fun on the Fantasy...you make cruising look amazing...I haven't cruised in YEARS.

Aws sad your trip is over. I loved M&Ms world when we were in New York. Hope you have an amazing time on the Fantasy. Check out my signature btw I have a TR and a PTR :eek::faint:

Thanks for sharing your awesome adventure. Have fun on the Fantasy...you make cruising look amazing...I haven't cruised in YEARS.

We do love cruising. I wish I could go more often....my husband wishes I never went.

Aws sad your trip is over. I loved M&Ms world when we were in New York. Hope you have an amazing time on the Fantasy. Check out my signature btw I have a TR and a PTR :eek::faint:

That store is really fun!

I will try and get over to those once I get back. Right now things are a little crazy as I am wrapping everything up before I go.

I will try and get over to those once I get back. Right now things are a little crazy as I am wrapping everything up before I go.

I've only started them both. The TR is for our Paris trip last January... I figured since I'm now stalking dis again I may as well put it up :rotfl2:

Love all your trip reports and would definitely read Washington DC and Fantasy if you're up to writing them...maybe when summer is over? Have a great cruise!!

I've only started them both. The TR is for our Paris trip last January... I figured since I'm now stalking dis again I may as well put it up :rotfl2:

I totally understand!

Love all your trip reports and would definitely read Washington DC and Fantasy if you're up to writing them...maybe when summer is over? Have a great cruise!!

I just might do that!

Next week....we are going on the 3 night sailing on the Fantasy! I just booked it a week and a half ago and we are super excited to be getting away.

I did not know that Fantasy does shorter cruises. Have fun.

Corinna

I did not know that Fantasy does shorter cruises. Have fun.

Corinna

it's not normal. They are on an 11 night sailing right now and the 3 nighter is to get it back on the correct track so it can leave on Saturdays again...so a special sailing

it's not normal. They are on an 11 night sailing right now and the 3 nighter is to get it back on the correct track so it can leave on Saturdays again...so a special sailing

That makes sense. Some people I know are on the 11 nighter.

Corinna

Great wrap up and congrats on the 3 night cruise next week! I'm on the Fantasy on 8/25 and I'm super excited!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter