Yosemite West or Wawona?

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
Looking at going to Yosemite and wondered what you thought about places to stay inside the park.

There will be 5 of us and dont want to break the bank. I have found some loft units available in Yosemite West that would be affordable, tho the reviews havent been that swell.......run down and dirty. Have also looked on vrbo.com and other places to rent out.

If you have any suggestions on which area is better, please let me know. Also if you have any feedback on rental places, I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what your budget is. However, we find staying just outside the south entrance at Tenaya Lodge works well for us. It is a very nice hotel that is not run down or dirty.

Just remember it is about an hour drive from Yosemite gates to the floor which is where you will want to tour. When booking a place ask how long to the valley floor. I found this out the hard way so like to warn others. When are you planning to go?

I booked a loft condo in Yosemite West this morning! Its inside the park and is about 15-30 minutes to the Valley FLoor.........or thats what Im told.

The road to Glacier Point is very close to the road for Yosemite West. Be sure to take some food with you, no place to dine there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!