Yosemite and Disneyland

Well, shoot. We were there on the 20th. No wonder we drove right through. Thanks for sharing the notice. :)

Actually - they say it was scheduled starting June 2, but only for weekdays. The flyer was probably their most recent update and says they expect it to continue until October.

Road Construction Delays

Expect occasional 15-minute to 1-hour delays at various locations in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks beginning Monday, June 2, weekdays only, between 5 a.m.-3 p.m., including delays to/from the General Sherman Tree, Crystal Cave, and Grant Grove.

You didn't see any heavy equipment on the side of the road? Last time I went through, there were lots of dusty areas with equipment parked that wasn't needed at that instant. However, the section they were working on at the time was a winding section on the hillside with lots of dropoffs. I get that they tend to work slowly because of the inherent dangers of working on hillside roads (same with plowing similar roads). I remember a few years back, a National Park Service maintenance worker died after he rode his riding mower off of a hillside area at the Blue Ridge Parkway.

OP here with an update. :hippie:

We got Yosemite Lodge booked for our first 2 nights, and then will stay at Wawona Hotel for our 3rd night. Yay!

MapQuest and Google maps are giving me different drive times from Mariposa Grove to Disneyland. Am I correct in assuming it will be a 6 hour drive? Would that be with or without a couple stops?

We will be driving down on a Sunday to avoid traffic.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I would assume a 6.5 hour drive, with stops for gas and a bite to eat. We usually stop in Bakersfield. That is about 2 to 2.5 hours from Disneyland.

It usually takes me 7 hours to get to Yosemite. I live near LAX airport. I forget, though, whether that includes getting to the valley or just to the park entrance off of the 41.

We are doing a very similar trip in June 2015 - except for driving from St. Louis to San Francisco. 4 Nights in SF, then 2 Nights at Yosemite (have cabins in Curry Village reserved), then 5 nights in Anaheim, and finally one night in Grand Canyon before driving back home.

I'm subbing in to follow along in case you discuss any other plans about what you'll be doing in SF/Yosemite :cool1:

We stayed at Camp Curry,3 nights- tent cabins,rustic but fun!(my family loved the buffet at the restaurant) we drove through Mariposa on our way and explored for a couple of hours,it is incredible, i think it took us about 7 or so hours to get to Disneyland....the traffic once you get near is what slows you down( oh my that traffic) it was a long day,but my sons loved Disney for 6 days when we got there...so great! We flew home from lax on swa

We stayed at Camp Curry,3 nights- tent cabins,rustic but fun!(my family loved the buffet at the restaurant) we drove through Mariposa on our way and explored for a couple of hours,it is incredible, i think it took us about 7 or so hours to get to Disneyland....the traffic once you get near is what slows you down( oh my that traffic) it was a long day,but my sons loved Disney for 6 days when we got there...so great! We flew home from lax on swa

What day of the week did you drive to DL? I am hoping on a Sunday it won't be too bad.

We are doing a very similar trip in June 2015 - except for driving from St. Louis to San Francisco. 4 Nights in SF, then 2 Nights at Yosemite (have cabins in Curry Village reserved), then 5 nights in Anaheim, and finally one night in Grand Canyon before driving back home. I'm subbing in to follow along in case you discuss any other plans about what you'll be doing in SF/Yosemite :cool1:

Sounds like an awesome trip! Other than hotels, I don't have anything planned yet. I will work on that in the spring :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!