Yokohama Cruise Terminal to TDR

dcannon101

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving on a cruise in mid October. What is the best way to get to TDR? I have read about taking local buses and trains but really do not want to do this while we are carrying our luggage. Does Disney offer a shuttle from the port? How about from one of the airports? We can get a shuttle from the ship to either airport so it does not matter where we start from.

How is the weather there in mid October? Also, we would like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Does anyone have any pros/cons on this resort?

TIA

Yokohama thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/cruise-port-to-tdr.3745532/#post-60518827

If you can get to Haneda, there's also busses from there assuming you arrive at a time that they're still running.

October is when it starts to get cool and long sleeves come out again (not freezing yet so nothing too thick). There's a chance of typhoons and rain but it's not the heavy rain that you would get in spring. It's hard to give pros/cons of staying at the Disneyland Hotel without knowing what other options you are considering. It's a nice hotel right across from Disneyland park. No real cons other than the price.

This information may be outdated at this time. We elected to take a private transfer from the port.

Yokohama Station East Exit, Sogo Department Store Lower Level Bus Terminal, Bus Stop No. 17

Time required

About 50 min. to Tokyo DisneySea

¥1,250 (one-way)

The bus from Yokohama Station is about the same experience as the bus from the airport to TDR. They are coaches, and the luggage goes under the bus.

We just did TDR to the port yesterday. Bus from DisneySea to Yokohama Station, then taxi from the station to the port. Pretty easy.

The Yokohama bus only goes to the two parks, though, not the hotels. It’s a short walk to the Disneyland Hotel from the Disneyland Park stop. In that regard it might be easier to take a shuttle to the airport and then an airport bus directly to the hotel. (Though I was sorry I booked to Disneyland Hotel instead of the park as it turned out the NRT bus goes first to Disneyland, then to Ambassador, DisneySea, Mira Costa, and then finally Disneyland Hotel. It seemed to take forever!)

Last edited:

Following this thread. Forgive me for hijacking the thread but I figured it would be a good place to add my questions on to. I will be making a trip to DisneyLand Tokyo End of November 2019 and I am still contemplating on taking a cruise or traveling through Japan via train. Has anyone done both and have recommendations one over the other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts