Yogi Bear Campground?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Am I crazy? Was the Wilderness Campground originally called Yogi Bear Campground or something similar. I swear this is where I stayed when I was younger.

When our son was young, we used to camp at Yogi Bear Campground near Wisconsin Dells. Maybe you went there, and are confusing it with a Disney World trip? :dog2:

There is also a Yogi Bear Campground or maybe it is Yellowstone (with a picture of Yogi) on I-10 after you go through Tallahassee but before you get on I-75. It has a nice , big waterslide. I wouldn't mind stopping there myself but it is too close to home. When we pass it, we are on the way to WDW and have no time to stop :earsboy:

There was a Yogi Bear Campground or Yellowstone campground off of I-4 about 6 miles from disney.

I do remember camping in a "yogi something" in Florida for Disney when I was a kid too. Definately not FW. I think it was only 10$ a night too. (really!) lol.
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

There was a Yogi Bear campground near Disney. We stayed there many time when we were kids. There were orange trees all around in the campground and you could pick a fresh orange every morning for breakfast.

SILLH2o is correct. It was a JellyStone Campground off of I4, west side. I stayed there at least a 1/2 dozen times. The land is still there, but nothing else. And they did have orange groves too !! The price was less than 1/2 FW. We used to stay in a tent for about $9/night.........(obviously, it was in the '70s)

I was just camping at Yogi's up here in NH and we were talking with somebody about that. It was located across from the Orange Lake resort. They used to camp there back when it was Yogi's. Too bad it wasn't still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter