Yoga or Pilates?

chrismiss56

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS....
Hi to all....

Will be starting a new exercise program lifting weights a couple of days a week and looking for something else............

Yoga or Pilates? If Yoga do you go to a class or use a tape at home?

Have tried Yoga and like it - never did Pilates.

Opinions please!!

Thanks and have a magical Disney Day!!::MickeyMo

BOTH :)

I have a QuickFix DVD which is 8 seperate 10 min blocks with 4 yoga and 4 pilates. you can mix and match or play them through depending on how long you want to workout. i love my QuickFix DVD!

If I go to class I prefer yoga; very relaxing. the pilates class I tried just once, I felt like I could accomplish more exercises in the same amount of time at home with my DVD.

Check your library to see if they have any workout DVDs you can try before you buy. I like Denise Austin's too.

Good luck!

I;ve taken yoga and pilates classes and to be honest it really depends on what youre looking for. I feel like yoga works my entire body, while pilates really only works my core. Also yoga is more focused on holding positions, while pilates deals with many repitions of the same movements over and over. I also find that yoga relaxes me more than pilates. Also at my gym they have a meditation class after yoga and not after pilates so its a HUGE incentive to take the yoga class.

I've never tried yoga. I have two Pilates DVDs which I use all the time. The Method and Giaiam. I like The Method DVD better. It has a sculpting workout and a toning workout. The sculpting has more of a "whole body" feel to it while the toning is all core mucles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter