YOAMD advertising

limabeanmom2003

Wilderness Lodge Memories
I was just on the disney site watching the commercials for YOAMD. There are two commercials there - a long one that I have never seen on TV and a shorter one that airs frequently. My question is, do you think that the TV ad that is currently running - the one with the pirate ship, peter pan, fairies in the jar, princess, etc dreams - is going to attract more people to WDW for their vacations this year? Personally, I am surprised that disney is not advertising more about the giveaways, like spending the night in the suite in Cinderella's castle. An average Joe watching tv at home who saw the current commercial wouldn't know about all the giveaways, unless his visited disneyparks . com as the commercial tells you to. The longer commercial gives much more info, but it is very long. Not sure were they would show this commercial. I am so excited about the giveaways this year and I am just surprised that disney is not advertising this more.

thoughts?

I love them.. I think they are aiming for people to want to experience the joy of PERSONAL dreams coming true at Disney, rather than winning prizes.. because that's not what it's all about.. but, then, perhaps one of those families going there on a trip to experience the magic that Disney creates.. does win a prize!

I think that's what thei're aiming for. ;)

I agree. The commercials are great because they show that Disney is an experience, not just a theme park.

I think thats the entire point of it .
It plays like you can dream of these things .

Then how kool when you get to the park and bam your selected to win one.

If they are advertising the give-a-ways and then someone makes a trip because of that and don't win anything .It could tarnish there time there because of their expectations .

Good points! I think the commercials are great too! I am just wondering how the advertising affects the person who had no plans to go to Disney this year. I wonder if the marketing is aimed towards getting new guests to come, getting previous guests to return, getting people who were already planning an Orlando vacation in 2007 to visit WDW or stay longer, or all of these categories. I think back to the 25th Anniversary advertising and how that encouraged all of these categories to visit WDW that year.

I love them! They make me that much more excited about our upcoming trip, and make me feel that very signature Disney feeling.

Hi,
Here are some Trading show success tips
1. Have a sales representative exhibit your line at a trade show. If you can't afford a booth and travel expenses, a sales rep who exhibits in trade shows or gift marts in your industry can present your product line without the cost of a full-fledged booth. An added benefit is that a professional sales rep has a network of connections and knows your market niche well, and is likely to be more experienced in selling and trade show dynamics than you are.

2. Rent a temporary space at a wholesale gift mart or showroom. You can plunge into wholesale shows inexpensively and without being present by renting a temporary space in a wholesale gift mart or showroom. For a monthly fee, you can display your products there for direct sales to retail shop owners. This is a good way not only to break into wholesaling on a small budget, but also to test new products. :p

Abirami said:
Hi,
Here are some Trading show success tips
1. Have a sales representative exhibit your line at a trade show. If you can't afford a booth and travel expenses, a sales rep who exhibits in trade shows or gift marts in your industry can present your product line without the cost of a full-fledged booth. An added benefit is that a professional sales rep has a network of connections and knows your market niche well, and is likely to be more experienced in selling and trade show dynamics than you are.

2. Rent a temporary space at a wholesale gift mart or showroom. You can plunge into wholesale shows inexpensively and without being present by renting a temporary space in a wholesale gift mart or showroom. For a monthly fee, you can display your products there for direct sales to retail shop owners. This is a good way not only to break into wholesaling on a small budget, but also to test new products. :p

Dang! That was random huh?? Drive-by poster!

Well first let me say that when that commercial comes on it is the only commercial where I BLAST the sound and stop whatever I'm doing and just watch it, it makes my body tingle. I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL, it is so truly magical, what Disney is all about to me, that tingly happy feeling!!! I agree though that I'm surprised they aren't going into more detail about the prize giveaways and wouldn't be surprised if they do that in future ad's but I'm not that upset because that means maybe more dreams for us when we visit :goodvibes
Lesley

The commercial with Walt for the HCOE gave me chills and made me teary EVERY time I saw it. And I watch the Travel Channel all the time so I saw it A LOT. The new commercial does nothing for me.

It seemed like last year there was a HUGE media blitz. I can't really remember seeing very many commercials for Disney before last year. There was one about waiting until the baby could walk, but they went ahead and took her to WDW and she started walking while they were at MK. After that there was the one where the parents are all dressed and ready to hit the parks for early entry, then "I'm too excited to sleep!" which was cute but didn't give me chills.

I'm not sure what market they are actually going after - I always think first-timers or people who haven't been in a long time. We didn't book our first family trip because we saw a commercial, but maybe some people do. :confused3

Sabbie said:
I love them.. I think they are aiming for people to want to experience the joy of PERSONAL dreams coming true at Disney, rather than winning prizes.. because that's not what it's all about.. but, then, perhaps one of those families going there on a trip to experience the magic that Disney creates.. does win a prize!

I think that's what thei're aiming for. ;)

I totally agree with you. I love the commercials because it just shows how magical the parks really can be. I actually start crying over those commercials. Its really silly but its really how the parks make you feel. Even if I never win a prize those commercials still confirm it for me that every time you walk into one of the parks its gonna be a magical time. Its great that they are showing people how great it can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter