Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Our first snowday here, too! I love it :goodvibes I also did some wine-ing while trying to set up my huge pain in the @$$ Christmas village :headache::headache::faint:

Thankfully we were able to meet up for a quick hello before their mine train FP.
A chunkymonkey meet up is always a must-do!

Funny aside I have slight motion sickness so when we ride the teacups I wedge my leg against the wheel so we don't spin too fast. Well after all these years I finally got caught thigh handed by Casey. #TheJigisUP
:laughing: I do NOT ride the teacups for this very reason.

As we were starving we started with the Gold Rush Western Chips
I loved these when I had them in August. Yup, you can certainly find better "nachos" even in Disney, but the cheese was delicious.

And I got one of my beloved Magic Bars.
Heavenly magical pixiedust:

Always been a lurker on your dining reports but I have to comment because I thought I saw you when I was on the teacups, and now reading your report my friends and I are in the back of your picture! Crazy. Someone's head is blocking me but the other girls are wearing Mickey ears. Anyway, I also really loved the watermelon beer and wish I had gone back for more.

Sounds like a lovely meal at WL. At some point I do plan to make it out there, but it never seems to work in my plans-also, I'm a little frightened of the whole ketchup drama ;)

DISing and wine sounds like a fun way to spend a Saturday! Hopefully all you got was the dusting of snow. How fun to meet up with chunkymonkey!! So sorry your teacup trick has been found out. I can’t even think about that ride without feeling sick. Whispering Canyon looks really good! I didn’t realize they had menu items other than the skillet. They would have had me at onion rings and mashed potato too! :rotfl2:

Our first snowday here, too! I love it :goodvibes I also did some wine-ing while trying to set up my huge pain in the @$$ Christmas village :headache::headache::faint:
US too! But, I do NOT love it one bit!!!!! BOO SNOW!!!!!
Decorating for Christmas is NOT one of my fav things either!!!!
Jeez, I sound so negative...maybe it's because I worked waaaaaaaaaay too much this week, and I'm soooooooo tired!

Well Kari, we haven't eaten at WCC in years, but those nachos sure looked yummy! I'm glad Casey had so much fun!!!! I remember when Matt and Tim did the horse races (of course, they were teenagers, who thought it would be hilarious to join in with the little kids)...:rolleyes2

Hi there stranger!!!! Hope all is well with you. Are you a married lady yet?

Not yet! Just a busy lady swamped with work recently. Much less exciting!

Glad I wasn't too lamentably far behind. Gotta love a snow day for catching up on the DIS!

I didn't even realize you could order anything different than the skillet at WCC for dinner... I should have known that but DUH somehow it didn't occur to me that they had an a la carte menu. Between thinking it was all you care to eat and the noise level that perpetually emanates from there, we've yet to experience it, but those chips and onion rings look pretty alluring!

Can't wait to see what else y'all enjoyed at the food and beer festival (I mean they really should be more inclusive with the tipsy offerings)!

Are you staying there this month????? Good news is its really bad when you enter the resort, but once you get into where the rooms are it really isn't noticeable. We had a running joke everytime we were cursing something about the resort (which largely was the buses) that we'd hold the gift card in front of us and all would be forgiven.

We are! But only for 3 nights. Then we move to All Star Sports when my mom and grandmother arrive. We had only budgeted for a moderate/value, and by the time we decided to add the extra days at the beginning of our trip, CBR was the only place with any availability left that fit the budget. (Things were booked up between the week of Christmas and New Years?! Shocking, I know!! haha) But I figured I'd rather deal with the nasty construction if the only other option was staying off property. It's only a few days. I just have a feeling that it means we won't be eating at our resort much since I don't know how many allergy-friendly options they'll have for me out of a makeshift food truck kinda situation...

We're enjoying a lovely snowy day here in DC so its lots of DIS and wine for me! And snow and hot chocolate for this little lady.
img_4855-jpg.287847

Woohoo! Casey looks thrilled! :) You can have it! We're still getting rain here being so close to the coast. The hubby was in Boston this weekend though and he said they got hammered pretty hard.

Funny aside I have slight motion sickness so when we ride the teacups I wedge my leg against the wheel so we don't spin too fast. Well after all these years I finally got caught thigh handed by Casey. #TheJigisUP

Haha she's a smart cookie! I know I couldn't handle the teacups. You're braver than I am!

but to could have been alcoholic Moosepee at this point and I would have drank it.

:rotfl2:

Anyone who knows me knows they had me at onion rings and mashed potatoes

Mmmmm carbs!! :lovestruc

After seeing other people asking for ketchup she couldn't resist asking herself. And you could say her wish was granted, 20 fold!
img_0074-jpg.287863

Her face is priceless!!

Whispering Canyon has a fun and lively atmosphere and while the food didn't blow us away, the prices were definitely fair. I thought their menu was a bit limited, but I'm presuming thats because most folks are getting the unlimited skillet. This was unquestionably Casey's favorite meal of the trip, as she asked to go back several times. So I see a lot more of this in our future.

Good review. We got the skillet for lunch last time we were there and we liked it okay. The atmosphere is fun, and I agree that the prices make it a pretty good value. We're going back :)

Hurray for snow days!! And suddenly, I want nachos!
It was a great snow day. Just enough to be pretty and make you want to stay in, but still be able to go out too. And what do you know, Casey randomly had nachos for lunch yesterday :-)

I’m here! Late to the party and hoping I can keep up. Just read the intro, which I love! Going back for more!
Hi Renee. Glad to have you along!

You guys did very well with getting up that early. I don’t know why I forget in the moment that getting up early is going to yield great results as far as Disney goes.
Yeah it can definitely yield great results (we were at Epcot just after 10) but we paid the price for it later.

I would do the $600 gift card deal for sure!
It really was a great deal. So glad we were able to use it.

Oh and from someone who is only a fan of one beer, Schofferhofer Grapefruit, that Watermelon beer sounds appealing!
If you like Schofferhoffer I think you'd like this. Its definitely tarter, but very refreshing. I've found I love sour beers so this one was right up my alley.

Now this is the spot! I’ve personally never seen FoF but this would be a good place to view it!
We've only ever seen it once when we had a FP years ago, so this was a fun refresher for Casey.

I am a huge coffee drinker but I’m not a huge Starbucks person - I’m way too cheap - except when I have gift cards (I do get a few as it’s a teacher gift go to) and they have some type of specialty beverage.
Funny we had a gift card we used as Jason seems to accumulate them a lot as gifts too.

Yay! Obviously we love WL, and we did enjoy our meal at WCC, though I haven’t gotten to that part in my TR (will I ever get there is a serious question).
I have faith in ya :-)

This was great! I quote that all the time too
Apparently Jason wakes her up most mornings with this as her alarm so she is quite the aficionado these days.

Who doesn't need a donut as big as their head??
Clearly everyone :P

Precious! I'm envious of her freckles
She does have quite a few that have sprung up over the last few years. We'll see how she likes them as she gets older though :-)

That face :rotfl2:
She's quite the ham

ur first snowday here, too! I love it :goodvibes I also did some wine-ing while trying to set up my huge pain in the @$$ Christmas village :headache::headache::faint:
Sounds like you were more productive than me. Casey and I made some cookies and they were just the pillsbury cut and bake kind. She wanted to know why we couldn't make the dough and I of course explained that was just too much work for today :-) (and I can't bake for the life of me)

:laughing: I do NOT ride the teacups for this very reason.
After getting caught I'm not sure I will ever again either.

I loved these when I had them in August. Yup, you can certainly find better "nachos" even in Disney, but the cheese was delicious.
I forgot you all had them too. Definitely good and filling!

Always been a lurker on your dining reports but I have to comment because I thought I saw you when I was on the teacups, and now reading your report my friends and I are in the back of your picture! Crazy. Someone's head is blocking me but the other girls are wearing Mickey ears. Anyway, I also really loved the watermelon beer and wish I had gone back for more.
That is insane!!!!!!!!! I'm also reading others trip report during times when I'm there just to see if I can see us somewhere. Of course its never happened. It really is a small world after all.

Sounds like a lovely meal at WL. At some point I do plan to make it out there, but it never seems to work in my plans-also, I'm a little frightened of the whole ketchup drama ;)
I'm not sure its worth a trek there, but if you are staying at WL or have time on an MK day its a fun respite. And don't be frightened of the ketchup. Embrace it. Tons of fun!

DISing and wine sounds like a fun way to spend a Saturday! Hopefully all you got was the dusting of snow. How fun to meet up with chunkymonkey!! So sorry your teacup trick has been found out. I can’t even think about that ride without feeling sick. Whispering Canyon looks really good! I didn’t realize they had menu items other than the skillet. They would have had me at onion rings and mashed potato too! :rotfl2:
It was a fabulous Saturday!!! We only got about 3 inches so just enough to be pretty but nothing to actually shovel.

Sadly I think my teacup days have come to an end. Oh well, it was a good run.

Whispering Canyon was really good and fun. The skillet is much up my alley so we were thrilled to see the items. The lunch menu is even bigger.

I almost spit out my coffee when I read this!!!!:tongue:
What can I say, all my English teachers would be so proud :P

US too! But, I do NOT love it one bit!!!!! BOO SNOW!!!!!
Decorating for Christmas is NOT one of my fav things either!!!!
Jeez, I sound so negative...maybe it's because I worked waaaaaaaaaay too much this week, and I'm soooooooo tired!
No, don't boo the snow, love it, embrace it, drink your way through it :drinking1 And i LOVE decorating for Christmas. Now we don't do too much, but its an event in our house.

Well Kari, we haven't eaten at WCC in years, but those nachos sure looked yummy! I'm glad Casey had so much fun!!!! I remember when Matt and Tim did the horse races (of course, they were teenagers, who thought it would be hilarious to join in with the little kids)...:rolleyes2
I would have loved to see them on the horse races, that would have been a sight :rotfl2:

Not yet! Just a busy lady swamped with work recently. Much less exciting!
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Hope you at least have some Disney on your horizon.

I didn't even realize you could order anything different than the skillet at WCC for dinner... I should have known that but DUH somehow it didn't occur to me that they had an a la carte menu. Between thinking it was all you care to eat and the noise level that perpetually emanates from there, we've yet to experience it, but those chips and onion rings look pretty alluring!
Yeah, they had 6 or 8 things on the menu if I remember right. They actually have more options at lunch so I was a bit taken a back by the lack of options.

It certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you're an attention loving, hijinks seeking, rib eating 6 year old, it would be right up your alley :P

Can't wait to see what else y'all enjoyed at the food and beer festival (I mean they really should be more inclusive with the tipsy offerings)!
They should be more inclusive!!! Let's start a petition. Never fear, we have some more F&W fun with Ariane coming up in a few days

Thank you for sharing. Your daughter is adorable.
Thanks so much. I think she's pretty darn adorable too, but I recognize I may have a slight bias :P

CBR was the only place with any availability left that fit the budget. (Things were booked up between the week of Christmas and New Years?! Shocking, I know!! haha) But I figured I'd rather deal with the nasty construction if the only other option was staying off property. It's only a few days. I just have a feeling that it means we won't be eating at our resort much since I don't know how many allergy-friendly options they'll have for me out of a makeshift food truck kinda situation...
What, Disney is crowded during Christmas? That sounds so odd.

Definitely don't plan on eating at CBR, but otherwise you'll be fine. The construction doesn't really impact anything where the rooms are. I would have loved to have had one of the non-pirate rooms as the reform looks great. We ended up doing uber a lot - which pretty much cost $10 or less each time - and was so convenient to get to other places to eat.

Woohoo! Casey looks thrilled! :) You can have it! We're still getting rain here being so close to the coast. The hubby was in Boston this weekend though and he said they got hammered pretty hard.
She was so beyond thrilled. Just ended up with a couple of inches, so just pretty snow to look at and no shoveling required.

Haha she's a smart cookie! I know I couldn't handle the teacups. You're braver than I am!
Though I'm shocked it took her this long to figure me out.

Her face is priceless!!
She's certainly something :-)

We're enjoying a lovely snowy day here in DC so its lots of DIS and wine for me!
Something very strange going on with the weather this year. I’ve been seeing reports of snow in the south, the far south, but so far nothing up here in the great “green” north. This time last year we had a foot of snow on the ground already.

Jason got the Chile-crusted Oak-roasted Pork Loin Rib Chop with Stone-ground Cheese Grits, Braised Chard, Cranberry-Apple Relish, and Pork Jus.
I have never tried grits but I’ve always been curious. I suspect I might like the cheese variety

Something very strange going on with the weather this year. I’ve been seeing reports of snow in the south, the far south, but so far nothing up here in the great “green” north. This time last year we had a foot of snow on the ground already.

I have never tried grits but I’ve always been curious. I suspect I might like the cheese variety
Grits bother me. Like a ground up corn porridge? That can basically be served with everything? Not sure.

We've got a snow day here too :)
My 10 year old cheered when he heard the school had texted to say they're staying shut as the road in is too treacherous!
1 very happy boy and 1 very happy mum who may just have had 1 glass of wine too many last night while watching Suits :)
Now I don't have to get dressed and face the world for hours yet as I'm off work today :)
Loved Casey's face with all her ketchup. She sounds like such a happy girl in the wee videos (laughed at you guys shushing her "king of the world").
Great update

The next morning we were up at 3 am, which I'm told is in the morning, but it might as well been midnight because we are not "morning" people. Or by we, I guess I should just say me, cause here is Casey en route to the airport.

Perfect time to start brushing up on her Espanol!

Thankfully we made it to the airport in time for our 6am flight but we were all still a little perplexed to be taking off in the "morning", yet it was still dark.
img_0057-jpg.286522

Adorable!

And doing our best Casey impression...
img_0058-jpg.286523

Nailed it!

Drinking Beverly
img_4313-jpg.286526

Quite unsuspecting…where's the "after?"

While in the area we also tried Active Eats where we tried the Loaded Mac 'n Cheese which is served with Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, Peppers, and Green Onions. Jason and I each gt a bite of this before someone hoarded it for herself. My notes say it was good. My gut says if you're a 6 year old you'll really love it.

I guess I eat like a 6 year old because I loved this, too :rotfl:

It was vacation after all and when you've been up for 9 hours before noon, beer is a must.

It's practically midnight!

After test track we decided to head over to MK for a few hours. On the way we grabbed Casey a frozen coke, because when its 2pm and your kids been up for almost 12 hours sugar is a must.
img_0060-jpg.286542

She's rockin' that frozen coke 8-)

Quick real life update, before I get to the FOOD!!! We're enjoying a lovely snowy day here in DC so its lots of DIS and wine for me! And snow and hot chocolate for this little lady.

We got a bunch of snow today, too. There's notching better than a snow day spent being cozy at home :love:

At this point I was texting with Su-Lynn aka @chunkymonkey who was also in MK. Thankfully we were able to meet up for a quick hello before their mine train FP.
img_4336-jpg.287854

Awesome! Great pic!

:laughing: This is just the start! I've got a 16 year-old and 14 year-old, and they've pretty much figured everything out!

After dinner we hit up Roaring Fork for some provisions for later then Uber'd back to Caribbean Beach to check out our ship - I mean room - for the week. And thus we have the inspiration for ye ole tipsy dining report.

Love this!

:rotfl: Your excellent strategy had a good run though, by the sounds of it. I haven't been on the teacups in 30+ years and I have NO intentions of trying ever again... :scared1:

but to could have been alcoholic Moosepee at this point and I would have drank it.
:rotfl2:

And you could say her wish was granted, 20 fold!
I'll say!

Your daughter has the best personality!!! ::yes:: Loved the videos, too!

You'll note the random stuffed animal Casey had. At this point she had been up for 12 hours and was getting a little punchy. So what better than a bribe, I mean gift, to keep a girl going.

Yay for bribes! Whatever works, I say. Of course, I have a 2 year old, so his bribes are currently of the tablet and chocolate variety.

Oops! No more rides in the teacups with mom, I guess. My husband and I rode the teacups on one of our trips 3 times in a row before we were done.

It was about this time that some of the hijinks started. Our server - who was fabulous by the way and the best of our trip - dropped napkins over Casey's head and kept throwing straws at her till she finally caught one. Casey didn't know what to make of it at first, but loved every minute.

I've never been to Whispering Canyon, but I love reading reports about it. I'm glad Casey loved it. I would have been mortified as a kid.

Turn about being fair play the table that needed ketchup after us was all the way in the back of the restaurant and clueless as to what was going on up front. Their stunned reactions when we ran up with ketchup were priceless.

I don't think I knew before that the people with the ketchup were the ones to take it to the other tables. That's too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!