Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

I'm in!

dscf4387-jpg.285067

This made me laugh, love that you included it!

So sassy!

3-11 November 2017

We were there the same time! I'll be on the lookout for same place same time situations. Can't wait to read!

Aw :sad: I just don't think we would have fully enjoyed it that day. Jason is obviously much more of a trooper than Mike or myself!
It was definitely a LOT of food. Certainly helped that it was the start of our trip and not the end

Yay! I'm ready for all the food!
Hopefully all the food is commencing soon

Hooray! Long time lurker here. I love love to read and see all your food adventures!!
:welcome: Glad to see you come out of the dark :-)

I'm just here for the free booze.

What? There's no free booze? Kari drank it all?...oh well, I guess I'll stick around anyway :rotfl2:
Drank. It. All. Gone. :P

Lurking along... as usual. Can't wait to read all about it!!
Lurk as long as you like :-)

Following along!!!
:welcome:

YAY! Looking forward to the adventure!
Hopefully I can find some time today to get this dang thing started.

Yay!!! I'm a creeper-stalker, but I thought I saw you at Block & Hans on a Boyz II Men night ... I was going to say hey, but I didn't want to be that ridiculous (plus, my gal-pal and I were pretty boozy ...), so I'm excited to hear about all of your F&W exploits!
Hi creeper-stalker :P Sounds like you did indeed see me. You should have said hi, I was boozy myself so it would have been fun :drinking1

Thanks for the heads up! I've put a request in for building 34 through touring plans and am now looking into finding a cheap car rental to try to avoid using the buses for anything other then MK.
A rental car is a great idea. We also had a lot of luck with uber if you want to consider that. We took it to contemporary one day (which you could do to get to MK and walk over) and it was only $10 or so.

Joining in and excited to hear the craic from another of your foodie ( and boozy) adventures :woohoo::drinking1:thumbsup2
Lots of foodie and boozy coming up.....

That's what the drinks will be for! ;)
:drinking1

Aargh, Cap'n. May I join this crew, too? Weighing anchor and preparing to set sail! I'll be in the galley ...
Aargh matey, ye have permission to board pirate:

This made me laugh, love that you included it!
I show no favoritism in who I post silly pics of :-)

We were there the same time! I'll be on the lookout for same place same time situations. Can't wait to read!
Most definitely! That's always fun to do

Vacation Commencing in 3, 2, 1....

Some of you may know we kept this trip a surprise from Casey. Which was all fine and good until we got to the dilemma of how to tell her. Jason ended up sending her letters every day leading up to the trip in invisible ink and on the day before the trip she received the decoder pen that led her to find a surprise. I didn't get it. Casey called the letters creepy. Oh well, either way she was excited.

The next morning we were up at 3 am, which I'm told is in the morning, but it might as well been midnight because we are not "morning" people. Or by we, I guess I should just say me, cause here is Casey en route to the airport.
Thankfully we made it to the airport in time for our 6am flight but we were all still a little perplexed to be taking off in the "morning", yet it was still dark.
IMG_0057.jpg
And doing our best Casey impression...
IMG_0058.jpg
But good news is leaving so early we landed just after 8am and we were thrilled to see morning included sun this time.
IMG_4306.jpg

We made it to the Magical Express in no time and it wasn't long before we were entering our war zone, I mean our resort:
Caribbean Beach. For those that aren't familiar they are doing MASSIVE construction here, which we were prepared for, but it was still a mess. Good news was upon check in we received a gift card for $600 to compensate us for the construction and for that much money I can take just about anything.

Not long after 9 we were headed to the parks. Or at least Casey and I were as Jason headed to the RunDisney event to register for his 10K and half marathon. Casey and I enjoyed some girl time in Ep-A-Cot taking selfies,
IMG_4309.jpg
Drinking Beverly
IMG_4313.jpg
And taking in our first food and wine booth: The Light Lab.
IMG_4312.jpg

This was a cool area made up of lots of black and flouresent light, but the "glo-nut" Casey ordered was just a regular old donut that happened to "glo" due to the black light in the room and had nothing to do with the food. Oh well, it kept my girl who had already been up 7+ hours going.

After hanging with a crazy purple dragon and cruising the seas with Nemo, eventually Jason caught up with us so we could hit up some more food and wine.
IMG_4310.jpg
Up first, Coastal Eats
IMG_4316.jpg
where Jason got us the Baked Shrimp Scampi dish (side note this booth smelled so fishy we almost didn't eat here, but thankfully I made Jason wait in line so we didn't miss out).
IMG_4315.jpg

This ended up being one for my favorite dishes of the festival. The dip was creamy with tons of garlic flavor and just a hint of spice. We needed more than the two pieces of bread they gave us and it would have been better if they were toasted, but regardless the dip was hands down legit.

While in the area we also tried Active Eats where we tried the Loaded Mac 'n Cheese which is served with Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, Peppers, and Green Onions.
Jason and I each gt a bite of this before someone hoarded it for herself. My notes say it was good. My gut says if you're a 6 year old you'll really love it.
IMG_4314.jpg

Sadly we got no booze at either of these booths as they both just had wine, which I wasn't feeling at this point. I questioned why they didn't have more beer. And Jason of course reminded me of the name of the festival. D'oh.

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
After the first two booths we finally found one with BEER. It was vacation after all and when you've been up for 9 hours before noon, beer is a must.
IMG_4319.jpg
We couldn't make a choice on what to share here (and we were hangry) so we went with the sweet pancake
DSCF4388.jpg
And the Smoked Corned Beef
DSCF4389.jpg

We also got an Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter to wash it all down. Overall we liked both dishes here. The smoked corned beef didn't taste like corned beef at all due to the great smoke on it and reminded me more of brisket. It paired beautifully on top of the chips and was a great portion. The corn pancake was a bit of a wildcard for us, but the sausage and maple jam went really well with the pancake. The pancake to topping ratio was a bit off, but overall we enjoyed it. Unfortunately I cannot say as much for the porter which tasted like coffee. Now I like coffee and I like beer, but life will be just fine if these two shall never meet again.

Bellies slightly satisfied, but the tipsy bud still in need of satisfaction we grabbed a few more beers at Light Lab. Jason and I both got the Founders Brewing Company Green Zebra Watermelon Gose Ale
IMG_4320.jpg
Now this is a beer! Light, refreshing, and just a little sour from the watermelon. I wanted about 10 more, but sadly we had a Spaceship Earth FP to make it to. But never fear this would become a common stop for us throughout the trip.

From there we burned some Rome and thanked some Phoenicians before designing the fiercest car test track done ever seen.
IMG_4322.jpg
No Memory Maker for us this trip, so thats as far as Test Track photos go.

After test track we decided to head over to MK for a few hours. On the way we grabbed Casey a frozen coke, because when its 2pm and your kids been up for almost 12 hours sugar is a must.
IMG_0060.jpg

Up next, we need KETCHUP!!!!

Lol love the video! What's a sure sign that your kids goes to Disney a lot--when she can recite the announcements in English and Spanish! :tongue:

The early bird gets the worm or at least a few treats at F&W, nice to see Casey so cheerful at 3:00am, after all it is a Disney day.

I liked the corned beef with the chips as well, that was the only thing I tried at this year’s F&W so really enjoy your reviews of the different booths. Keep it coming!

Oh so you're actually doing updates? I thought it was just the intro and.......... mic drop :snooty:

Wow we didn't try any of the stuff you had that day at F&W! I do wish I'd gotten to try the Watermelon Gose Ale though, it sounded good when you described it to me.

That car is MOST fierce!

Always enjoy your reports, and again, your daughter is so pretty and seems to be so outgoing and self confident. You can see it in her pictures and it's awesome

I’m super duper tardy to the party, but am finally trying to get back into the DIS swing of things and just knew you’d have a new report going! I’ve got my vodka and Cranberry by my side and I’m commencing to read. :drinking1

I didn't get it. Casey called the letters creepy. Oh well, either way she was excited.

:rotfl:

Thankfully we made it to the airport in time for our 6am flight but we were all still a little perplexed to be taking off in the "morning", yet it was still dark.

Yuck I agree it shouldn't be so dark in the "morning".

Good news was upon check in we received a gift card for $600 to compensate us for the construction and for that much money I can take just about anything.

I would stay at CBR during the construction too if they gave me $600 :thumbsup2

While in the area we also tried Active Eats where we tried the Loaded Mac 'n Cheese which is served with Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, Peppers, and Green Onions. Jason and I each gt a bite of this before someone hoarded it for herself. My notes say it was good.

This was one of my favorite things from the festival, yum!

Oh, what a first day, Cap'n! All that energy! All that fun and lusciousness. More power to you! That Flavours from Fire menu is making me hungry. Back to the galley I go!

The next morning we were up at 3 am, which I'm told is in the morning, but it might as well been midnight because we are not "morning" people.

:rotfl:

Good news was upon check in we received a gift card for $600 to compensate us for the construction and for that much money I can take just about anything.

OOH NICE! I wish we'd jumped on the whole "book now and we'll pay you for your troubles" thing at CBR. I'm anxiously awaiting seeing the war zone for our upcoming trip...

NOM!

I questioned why they didn't have more beer. And Jason of course reminded me of the name of the festival. D'oh.

Hmmm....oh. right. :laughing:

Unfortunately I cannot say as much for the porter which tasted like coffee. Now I like coffee and I like beer, but life will be just fine if these two shall never meet again.

:laughing:
Interesting combination...doesn't sound like my cup of tea...or coffee/beer.

From there we burned some Rome and thanked some Phoenicians before designing the fiercest car test track done ever seen.

Naturally! Because what else does one do at Epcot besides drink and thank Phoenicians!?

Up next, we need KETCHUP!!!!

:hyper:

Great start! I am a morning person and 3:00am is still not on my radar (God help me through Dopey, this January)!
I love how photogenic Casey is, and that she really knows how to "strike a pose".
I too would have been looking for some libations after being awake for 7+ hours from O-dark-early, and they wouldn't have been wine either ;)
Founders Brewing Company Green Zebra Watermelon Gose Ale
Say that 3x fast! Sounds super refreshing though.

Great start. Food looks yummy but yeah,so not a fan of travelling during the wee small hours of the morning but if you're gonna do it at least you're travelling to Disney so :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

img_0057-jpg.286522

Still amazed you guys were awake when I met you!

img_4312-jpg.286527

This was a cool area made up of lots of black and flouresent light, but the "glo-nut" Casey ordered was just a regular old donut that happened to "glo" due to the black light in the room and had nothing to do with the food. Oh well, it kept my girl who had already been up 7+ hours going.

Ah that's why! The drinks in here were downright nasty. Good thing you didn't get one!

img_4315-jpg.286529

This ended up being one for my favorite dishes of the festival. The dip was creamy with tons of garlic flavor and just a hint of spice. We needed more than the two pieces of bread they gave us and it would have been better if they were toasted, but regardless the dip was hands down legit.

I loved this too! And yes they needed more bread!

in the area we also tried Active Eats where we tried the Loaded Mac 'n Cheese which is served with Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, Peppers, and Green Onions. Jason and I each gt a bite of this before someone hoarded it for herself. My notes say it was good. My gut says if you're a 6 year old you'll really love it.
img_4314-jpg.286533

We got this as well and I did like it but I'd much rather have the dip again!

dscf4389-jpg.286537

We also got an Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter to wash it all down. Overall we liked both dishes here. The smoked corned beef didn't taste like corned beef at all due to the great smoke on it and reminded me more of brisket. It paired beautifully on top of the chips and was a great portion. The corn pancake was a bit of a wildcard for us, but the sausage and maple jam went really well with the pancake. The pancake to topping ratio was a bit off, but overall we enjoyed it. Unfortunately I cannot say as much for the porter which tasted like coffee. Now I like coffee and I like beer, but life will be just fine if these two shall never meet again.

This was an interesting dish for us. I think it surprised us because we didn't think it tasted like corned beef at all either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter