Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

After lunch we conquered the Yeti and Casey took her first ever spin on a Primeval Whirl.
I sat this out cause we most certainly didn't need a different kind of whirl.
OMG, haha, this would so be me! NO Primeval whirl or Teacups for me!

We couldn't bear to leave without a last trip to our favorite Nomad Lounge for our last bit of Disney tipsiness.

Sorry ladies, he is taken. This one had also gone up a few dollars in price.
Seriously, this had me :rotfl2:I'm so glad you are going on another trip in a few months! It's going to be hard waiting for your next report!

Love your reports! I love seeing all the things your kiddo will eat. Some day I hope mine decides food is okay to eat again. Haha. We're loosely planning a trip this spring and might try to time it around flower and garden. I think you've done both, right? Which did you prefer?

I love seeing all the things your kiddo will eat. Some day I hope mine decides food is okay to eat again. Haha

I feel your pain. I hope someday my son will eat half the things that Casey eats.

We're loosely planning a trip this spring and might try to time it around flower and garden. I think you've done both, right? Which did you prefer?

I'm interested about this answer. I would say I preferred Food & Wine of the two, but I loved them both.

Hey! I'll be at Pop from 8/12-8/14 (then going off-site, because when someone offers you a room where you only have to pay a cleaning fee, you take it). You'll find us Sunday night and Tuesday morning at the kiddie pool, I'm sure.
Can I Send you a message on here closer to the trip, maybe we can schedule a meet, that would be fun!

I've been so behind on everyone's reports!

Meet Mr. Kamals Seasoned Fries with Tzatzki Salad and Siracha Ketchup. Now I have no idea who this Mr. Kamal is but he's apparently been traveling a lot as to combine fries from France, .Greek Tzatzki , Asian Siracha and some good ole U.S. of A ketchup seems odd at best, but these were so good. The fries had a great seasoning and were cooked to order and the spicy ketchup was offset nicely by the cool Tzatzki. Well done Mr. Kamal!
You have convinced me to try these next time. I was questioning the siracha ketchup, but I do love Tzatzki sauce!

As we contemplated our choices, they brought us some of their bread I'd read so many wonderful things about.
img_4616-jpg.310964

These were fine, but nothing special. They were not even remotely warm which could have been part of the problem.
I think cold bread service is one of life's great disappointments.

Jason and I both subbed out our regular fries for truffle fries for $2.50 more and WOW, just WOW!!! They were crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and had tons of truffle flavor. They may have been some of the best we've ever had. Definitely worth the upgrade.
Yum!! I might consider the Boathouse now!

The peppermint cookie was my favorite cookie of the night, but I don't do milk so skipped right over dat one.
I think that was the best cookie (and we got to have more of them in January at the DVC event because they apparently had them leftover :laughing:) but no chocolate milk? That is a staple of my diet, because I am 5 years old inside.

Somewhere in there Casey actually let me get some photographic evidence that we were indeed at a Christmas Party.
img_0162-jpg.313057
Great picture!

Overall the Christmas party was a great way to ride attractions with little to no wait (mine train was only 30 minutes) and what kid (or grown-up) doesn't want to substitute cookies and hot chocolate for dinner? Now I of course could have used some tipsy drinks in there, but my liver was grateful for the break. But given that we had next to no interest in waiting over an hour to meet characters and Casey could have cared less about the fireworks or parade, in the end it probably wasn't worth the money for us. I'm glad we tried it though and good news is Christmas would surprisingly redeem itself the next night.
It sounds like you guys got a lot of rides done at least. I felt like all of the ride lines were much longer than I expected at the party we went to. I also had zero interest in long character lines, but I was pretty determined to meet Mary Poppins and Bert and they were really hard to find!

We of course also got some of Yachtsman's amazing onion rolls with garlic and butter, which are unquestionably the best rolls on property.
I would eat onions for these. :rotfl:

Overall Yachtsman continues to be one of our favorite restaurants on property. Despite the risotto fail, the steaks are quite simply perfection and the best we've ever had. Service this time was a bit off as our server per my notes was an "*** but attentive" (keeping it classy) but I had wine and steak so what did it matter.
I think Yachtsman will make our list for next time. We've been kicking around a September anniversary trip.

I was completely shocked at how much I loved MGM Christmas (even more so than MK, blasphemy I know) but Jason commented on the way out the more Christmas throws up the happier I am. So I guess you could say MGM vomited Christmas all over me and I loved every minute of it!
:rotfl:
I loved the Christmas Decorations here! Lighted castle or no, I think MGM still won.

Unfortunately the pain didn't stop there as we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom. Finally it came and we had the chattiest driver we've ever experienced. She proclaimed herself the rescue bus and then proceeded to talk over the loudspeaker at length about Hurricane Irma and how she worked for 3 straight days "rescuing" people. Well she was so into her story, she made a wrong turn and had us en route to a Kingdom, just a magical one instead of the animalistic variety. Apparently everyone else was so enthralled with her story no one but me noticed. Once there was finally a break in her endless chatter I yelled you're going the wrong way and she finally realized it. We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:
:scared1:

I thought Jason had it but he didn't either. Thankfully they were able to look it up and the 90 minute wait became just 10 for us. Thank you Landry's!
I've been a slacker but definitely need to sign up before our next trip! We were lucky last time we stopped in on a whim and it wasn't too bad at 20-30 minutes.

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3
:rotfl2:

I got my favorite Annapurna Zing with Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. This is unquestionably my favorite drink on property. Slightly sweet, nice and ginny, and a splash of ginger all put me in a very good place. I was sad to see the price went up $4 because they added a silly light up flower. Hopeful you can get it cheaper without.
Yum! I never would have ordered this because of the gin but tried someone else's and it's delicious!

Sorry ladies, he is taken. This one had also gone up a few dollars in price.
What a lucky lady you are!

While we could have sat there for hours, we did have a plane to catch so we eventually ubered back to our pirates lair to catch the bus to the airport. We were of course not happy to be leaving, but we were pleased with our tipsy pirate adventures.

Up next, I'll wrap this up. Until then, Yo Ho!
:sad1:

Favorite Appetizer
This one wasn't even a contest. Signature restaurants can keep their fancy cheese and charcuterie, I'll be at Sanaa chomping on the bread service any day of the week.
So many places to eat, so little time... How can I pull my husband out of the parks more often? :rotfl:

Favorite Entree
This will probably be a bit controversial as this is neither an entree nor something that I ordered, but in a sea of signature meals what still stands out the most is Jason's Thigh High Chicken Biscuits from Homecoming. I loved my steak at Yacthsman and Scallops from Citricos, but give me perfectly fried chicken and dense, yet light biscuits and I'm done for.
Also my favorite "entree"!

Favorite Meal
This one wasn't even close. Pair amazing views, with the "buffet" to beat all buffets, all you care to eat signature entrees, and bottomless mimosa's and you have the most perfect brunch ever envisioned.
Would it be excessive to go Labor Day Weekend and just eat at resort restaurants, and go on an anniversary trip later... :rolleyes1

Great trip report! My favorite part was your time spent in Japan. Specifically bringing the pick a pearl cages. I hadn't seen chunkymonkey's tip and it's a good one. I was thinking about doing this with my girls the next time we are down there.

Also the sushi! It looked incredible. I wonder if I can convince the rest of my clan to go there. They normally like the Rose and Crown. And I do too! They pour a delicious pint.

Yak n Yeti! Your tuna nachos look right up my alley! Last time we were at AK we went to Flame tree (loved it!) And Tusker House. The character interactions were good, but we were not impressed with the food. I dont think we will go back. I'm thinking we should look at Y&Y

I must admit I binge read it and really enjoyed the whole thing :drinking:

Loved your trip report! I started late but caught up to the end last night. Your family seems awesome and fun, and you have a great writing style. Very fun to read your food (and adult beverage!!!) descriptions and other crazy and cool adventures. Fortunately you have other reports I can read next!

This has been such a fun report to read, thank you! :flower3: I am contemplating writing one of my own. I have never done a food report.
Thanks for reading along with me. You should definitely do a report!!!!! For me its great to be able to extend my trip and share it with others.

Hi Kari. Thanks :drinking1for another enjoyable report. Looking forward to the next one
Thanks for reading and drinking along with me again :drinking1

Great recap!! I totally agree with you on Sanaa! Can not wait to try to Homecoming and that drink at Nomad Lounge. Back to the Deluxe resorts for you ;)
Thanks! I'm sure Homecoming and Nomads will be on our itinerary come August. And yes its the Deluxe life for me this time. The moderates are fine, but for a week I much prefer the deluxe if we can swing it.

Finally back on the boards and getting caught up with TR's. As usual your are always hilarious, plus........we have many of the same likes in food, alcohol and finer dining.
Welcome back! We most certainly are two peas in a drunkin' disney pod :-)

This video is Hilarious.Casey is just so adorable. Speeaking of which not sure why I didn't keep it for me to quote I Love the pic of Casey on her first WDW vacay.
Thanks! She's most definitely always been a cutie and keeps us in stitches.

LOL a ghost didn't steal it.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Now why didn't I think of that :P

Loved the wrap up. Someday, I will have that bread service, even though I will likely not like most of the dips or whatnot. I still want it, though. I think we may have to make a reservation at Homecoming again, too, because I think my husband dreams of that fried chicken.
Thanks. I think they give you so many dips you are bound to find one you like. We love them all, but definitely prefer some over others.

Great wrap up! I really enjoy reading all your reviews. Can't wait to read future trips.
Thanks. I can't wait to read about your wedding!!!!!!!!! :-)

Hi Kari! I can't believe I have to wait 'til August for another dining report, as yours are always soooo wonderful!
Hoping to try Nomad's Lounge in October.
Going back to Cali Grill for brunch in October, but I'll be back for dinner next week!!!!
And, of course, there will be a lot of cocktail sipping going on then as well...
Hi Jenny!!!! Hope all is well is Shy town.

You should definitely get to Nomads, and heck in Pandora while you are at it :-) Can't wait to hear all about your next trip. Drink lots for me :drinking1

Are you sure your driver was a she, and not Steve?
Hmmmmm, now that I think about it :confused3

:laughing: On my best day I can't ride this without getting sick. It was a joyous day when the boys decided they didn't like it anymore!
I could probably do it, but didn't want to chance it. Weird think I used to get motion sickness all the time, but since I was pregnant it doesn't bother me too much anymore.

This makes me so mad and then with the conflicting reports :confused3 I do like the food so I wouldn't necessarily stay away without the antics but I thought they were great. I did usually see someone annoyed that they had to get up and bring their ketchup to another table but for the other 10 families that had to do it and were hysterical, who cared about the one with the stick up their butt? I guess we'll have to wait and see what exactly happens.
Yeah, I don't get it either. Jason read on another board it was because they got a new GM who didn't like it. But for every 10 that I'm sure complained there are another 1000 of us that wouldn't eat there without it. I mean the food is fine and all, but its the antics that would bring us in.

For my August trip (on the free QS dining plan) I still wanted to do a couple table service, so I decided on an old favourite and a new prospect. Via Napoli is the old and I can’t imagine it going bad. I’ve heard so much good about Homecoming, including from your report, so I really wanted to try it. I’m looking forward to it.
No chance Via Napoli has gone bad. We eat there on pretty much every trip (this one excluded) and it has never disappointed. Its the pizza of my dreams.

You should definitely try Homecoming. Especially coming from the great white north, some good ole southern food would be perfect :-)

:sad::sad::sad: That is horrible and pathetic!!!!! Why oh why would they change perfection.

Great report! Thanks for sharing your trip!
Thanks for reading along with me :-)

Great report! We will be at the Boardwalk at the end of August/start of September!
Thank you! Looks like you will be there right after us. The last week in August is our preferred time to go, but this year they started back to school a week earlier instead of labor day.

Great report as always, very enjoyable to read and plenty of food and drink inspirations!
Thank you. Always happy to inspire some of this popcorn:: and of course this :drinking1

Seriously, this had me :rotfl2:I'm so glad you are going on another trip in a few months! It's going to be hard waiting for your next report!
He's quite the character :-) If you think its gonna be hard waiting for a report, think about waiting for the actual trip :P

Love your reports! I love seeing all the things your kiddo will eat. Some day I hope mine decides food is okay to eat again. Haha. We're loosely planning a trip this spring and might try to time it around flower and garden. I think you've done both, right? Which did you prefer?
Thanks so much. We are certainly lucky that Casey eats as well as she does. We even went out to dinner last night and she picked a lamb shank for us to share. Of course she largely picked it because the Italian name for it was "Stinco" :P

You really can't go wrong with either Food and Wine or Flower and Garden. If I had to pick it would be F&W just because there is so much more variety and I think that more booths spreads the crowds out. But of course Flower and Garden has frushi so Casey would pick it :-)

I feel your pain. I hope someday my son will eat half the things that Casey eats.
We are definitely lucky that she is such a good eater. Of course every kid is different but for her we never really gave her "kids" food. She just ate what we ate so sushi or a rare steak are just the norm for her.

I loved this report!!! It makes me so excited to do my first DTR next year!!
Thank you!!!!!! I can't wait to read your report!

You have convinced me to try these next time. I was questioning the siracha ketchup, but I do love Tzatzki sauce!
You should definite give it a whirl. A. its cheap and B. its really just spicy ketchup and its oh so good.

I think cold bread service is one of life's great disappointments.
Amen sister!

I think that was the best cookie (and we got to have more of them in January at the DVC event because they apparently had them leftover :laughing:) but no chocolate milk? That is a staple of my diet, because I am 5 years old inside.
Oh dear lord I can't believe they were still pimping those things out in January. But you can keep your chocolate milk. I didn't even drink milk when I was a 5 year old :-)

It sounds like you guys got a lot of rides done at least. I felt like all of the ride lines were much longer than I expected at the party we went to. I also had zero interest in long character lines, but I was pretty determined to meet Mary Poppins and Bert and they were really hard to find!
I really do think since we were at the first party there were so many bloggers and others there wanting to check out the "special" things that the lines for rides were great. Believe it or not, we're even contemplating a Halloween party but only because we can get discounted tickets.

I think Yachtsman will make our list for next time. We've been kicking around a September anniversary trip.
I can't believe its been almost a year already. Time is flying. Yachtsman would be a great anniversary dinner!!!

I loved the Christmas Decorations here! Lighted castle or no, I think MGM still won.
Woohoo!!! I think its official MGM Christmas wins.

Yum! I never would have ordered this because of the gin but tried someone else's and it's delicious!
I do love me some gin, but since its not really noticeable in the drink I can see how you wold like it.

What a lucky lady you are!
:-)

So many places to eat, so little time... How can I pull my husband out of the parks more often? :rotfl:
If we can pull Casey out you can do it too :P

Also my favorite "entree"!
Great minds!

Would it be excessive to go Labor Day Weekend and just eat at resort restaurants, and go on an anniversary trip later... :rolleyes1
Not at all. Or heck just take a month long trip and just spend all of September there.

Absolutely loved this report in all it's delicious tipsiness :drinking1
Great wrap up. Cannot wait to hear all about your August adventures:goodvibes
Thanks so much for following along again and teaching me some new craic words along the way :-)

Aww, boo, is it really over??? Loved your report, Kari!!!!
I do have a go fund me page set up to do another trip before August if you really don't want it to end :P

Great trip report! My favorite part was your time spent in Japan. Specifically bringing the pick a pearl cages. I hadn't seen chunkymonkey's tip and it's a good one. I was thinking about doing this with my girls the next time we are down there.
Getting the necklace ahead of time totally made this a worthwhile experience. I can't fathom having to pay Disney prices.

Also the sushi! It looked incredible. I wonder if I can convince the rest of my clan to go there. They normally like the Rose and Crown. And I do too! They pour a delicious pint.
They do have other great food that isn't sushi. Casey and I had eaten there once before and enjoyed their tempura and udon.

Yak n Yeti! Your tuna nachos look right up my alley! Last time we were at AK we went to Flame tree (loved it!) And Tusker House. The character interactions were good, but we were not impressed with the food. I dont think we will go back. I'm thinking we should look at Y&Y
We are big fans of Flame Tree too. Sorry you didn't care for Tusker House though. Its the one character dining that we actually enjoy, but we've only ever done breakfast. That said I would pick Yan n Yeti over Tusker any day of the week.

I must admit I binge read it and really enjoyed the whole thing :drinking:
Thank you so much! Hope you didn't suffer from any second hand drinking :drinking1

Loved your trip report! I started late but caught up to the end last night. Your family seems awesome and fun, and you have a great writing style. Very fun to read your food (and adult beverage!!!) descriptions and other crazy and cool adventures. Fortunately you have other reports I can read next!
Thanks for reading along. We clearly love Disney and all the food options so I love to share it with everyone. Hope you had some tipsy adventures of your own while reading it :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter