• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YMCA / Curves.

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. :wave2: I want to lose some weight for our trip to Disney next March. Sister inlaw just got a membership at the Y $5?.?? for a month.(Canadian) Now a Curves is just around the corner from me but wich one is better? DD17 wants to join me too.

I *think* (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but isn't Curves for people who are just starting to exercise?

Ok so I guess I can't comment on the Curves part, but I can on the YMCA! I pay a family membership for our family at the rate of $56.00/per month. And we have full access to all their equipment, pools and classes. Now some classes are an additional charge but it's usually not that much.

I hope this helps! Can you maybe go check out each one and see which one you like better?

One is not any better than the other. All gyms are different, I have one YMCA near me that has brand new equipment, tons of activites and is in a a huge facility. And there is another one near me that is a complete dump.

Go and check out both gyms, and see which one suits you better. Try to go during the same time of day that you plan on working out, so you can get an idea how crowded the gym will be during that time.

Check out what your local YMCA has available to you so that you can compare...
At my YMCA, they have 12 machines (they call YXpress) that are suppose to be much like the "Curves" program. Check to see if your local YMCA has these or something like it. That way, if you joined your YMCA, you would have access to a curve-like workout as well as other workout machines, a pool, babysitting, etc.
Thankfully, my YMCA has Babysitting available for some hours of the day--I put my kid(s) here while I'm working out.
For me, the YMCA is a better deal, but, depends on what you are looking for and what is available at your YMCA. Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter