Yikes - Car Seat Travel Bags $$$$$

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I need to ship through two booster car seats for my 6 yr old twins for our upcoming Disneyland trip. Someone had mentioned that they have travel bags at BabiesRus. I forgot to say they were $20 a piece.

Do most of you just cover them with in trash bag? Or do you remove the soft velour cover and just ship through the hard plastic shell?

I had the car rental company price out booster seats and they were going to be anywhere from $5 - $7/day each. Still too much money. They could not tell me what kind would be available, so I would rather feel safe and just bring ours from home.

I suppose I could bring them on the plane and let them sit in them, but we are flying from Providence to San Diego and boy I bet they would have a sore bum after a long flight - LOL.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I bought a really nice travel bag for my daughter's car seat at Rightstart.com. I had a coupon so it helped a little, but it still cost me around $20. The nice thing about this bag is that it is really durable so we will have it for a long time. National quoted me $8-10 per day to rent a seat. I would much rather have my own and have a nice bag to carry it in...hope this helps.

no no no you cant use a booster on an airplane. so dont even try.

If youre looking at spending $40, then Id buy two of the bottom only boosters and pack them in your suit cases. Then you can use spares for your husband or grandma. plus you will use them when your kids get bigger anyway. my 8 1/2 sits on his in my car.

I was thinking about getting the bottom only boosters. I looked quickly today at Target and they did not have any. But, a good idea to have an extra set of seats.

Have a great Disney night!

i always check the seats in at the gate and the airlines put them in a big plastic bag. never had a problem.

When I needed the booster seat, I just put it in a duffel bag & checked it with my luggage.

No Trouble At All.

Those car seat bags are VERY big and booster seats are very slim. I could guess you could get both of them in one bag. I know I could get two of my DD's in my bag!!!

You guys just saved me $$. I do have a big duffel bag that my brother gave me while he was in the army. I forgot I had it. Problem solved.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Most commercial car seat satchels will allow you to nest at least two same-size carseats inside; my Prince Lionheart model will easily hold 3. When not travelling, we use it to store my son's outgrown seats in our basement. (He's on seat 3 now, and we have duplicate toddler seats and an infant seat that are outgrown.)

We also use the bag to pack soft goods such as beach towels, stuffed animals, and perhaps some clothes on the way to and from. We put the extra stuff in a clear bag inside so that security can inspect it all without losing things.

A tough bag is worth it when shipping something so oddly shaped as a carseat. Ours has been repaired twice at airline expense after it was torn by bag-handling machinery. In both cases, though the bag tore, the seat was not damaged. I don't think I'd count on a trash bag to protect the seat as well.

BTW, you CAN use a high-back booster in an aircraft if it still has the 5-pt harness in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter