YIKES! 8 parties between Nov.29-Dec.15!!!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
WOW! I am running around like crazy getting ready for my cookie exchange party this Friday and Emily's birthday party next Friday. I looked at my calendar ~ we have 8 parties to attend between Nov. 29 and Dec. 15!!!!! After the 15th, life will be GREAT! I am enjoying the preparations and festivities but I am feeling a little overwhelmed. How about you? S

With my DD, Dh and mother's B-days all in December plus the usual Christmas madness parties I am always overwhelmed this time of year. I have learned however that the world won't come to an end if I decline an invitation even if I don't have anything else to do that evening other than relax at home. I find that we need to take time to relax and care for ourselves more than ever at this time of year.

We are dealing with lots of birthday parties too, including my own at my in-laws house on the weekend. I am having a cookie party this Friday night, Saturday is ds's first invitation to a bday party so that's a must-do, Sunday is my party and dd's family party, next weekend is the same thing with a Cmas party tossed in ~ I am hosting the family party with the extended family on the 14th. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding for 20+ people. Dec 15th is another cookie exchange party at a friends, it's an annual blast and I am really looking forward to it. I work 3 nights a week, have a school council meeting next week, and both kids have Cmas events at school I will be attending. I also added extra volunteer days at dd's preschool to bank some up so I can rest up in January. After the 15th, it's smooth sailing! It's pretty much all self-inflicted fun. LOL! If I can handle Commando Disney, I can handle Commando Christmas! LOL! S

Wow, Sandra, I'm exhausted just reading your schedule. LOL ! It's good that you teach an exercise program, you will need all that energy! I lead such a dull life, but we do have a dinner planned with friends in a couple of weeks to look forward to. Mmmmm roast beef and yorkshire pudding makes my mouth water and reminds me of dinners when I lived at home. Have fun!!! :p

Sandra - Your schedule sounds REALLY overwhelming. I find that I always feel overwhelmed at this time of year and usually end up having at least one hissy fit before Christmas where I accuse my family (fairly accurately) of doing absolutely nothing to help.

This year we have our usual stuff. Hanamas (combo of Hannukah and Christmas with our best friends) was at our house last weekend but that's at least over and the bonus is we got all of our Christmas decorations up, except the tree. Hannukah is at MIL's house next weekend, and I've bought and even wrapped most of the stuff for that, but there's still work to be done - at least I'll just be on the hook for one dish to bring, rather than all the cleaning, too. We also have dance and piano recitals to get through (wouldn't January be a good time for them?) and DH started his own company last year, so we need to work on the year end for that. I officially dumped that in DH's lap earlier this week. Christmas is at our house, but it's just the four of us and my mother, so we keep things pretty relaxed.

The kicker here is that we're heading down to Florida on December 27th for 7 nights at WDW and then a 7 night Western cruise on the Magic. We're also driving for the first time, so at least everything will fit into the van (I hope). I have the WDW packing list down pat, but packing for the cruise is much more complicated - good clothes, snorkelling stuff, a gianormous telescope, stuff for the kids in the car, and the list goes on and on. My list of things that need to be bought is increasing at pretty much the same rate as my packing list. AAARRRRGGGG! We're so excited! AAARRRRRGGGGG! We're never going to get ready in time!

WOW Cindy Ann! You have a lot on your plate too! We were just invited to another party last night, so that's 9 parties in two weeks. Last nights cookie exchange was a blast. I invited the perfect combination of friends. We laughed (and drank wine) all night ~ oh yeah, we ate a few cookies too! Today ds(2.5 yrs) is invited to his very first bday party by a friend from school. Tomorrow is a double whammy birthday party. Thursday is dd's bday (also Walt Disney's bday) so we are going to Chuck E. Cheese. Friday is her giant pool party with about 30 people. Saturday she goes to a neighbours party. The week after that is our family Cmas party and another cookie exchange party. Both kids have Cmas events at school ON THE SAME DAY! Fortunately, dd's school repeats Cmas sing-a-long all week during the last week before the break. Dec 4 a children's entertainer comes to school. Dec 12 is dd's Cmas Night at School, she's in the choir so that will be fun. I started Cmas shopping but I still need one or two nights to finish up. Still have to do cards and wrap. My morning classes end on Monday so that frees up some mornings. I triple booked myself on Dec 18 for volunteering at ds's school, volunteering at dd's school and my fitness club at dd's school. I laugh at my schedule because I bragged that December was going to be an easy month. dh has a week off between Cmas and New Years. So we will definately take a break. S

3 parties to go!
2 school Christmas events!
3 gifts to go!
5 volunteer days at two schools to go!
1 very silly school council meeting that I might skip out of early!

Than 7 glorious days of rest with only a couple of fun step classes in there on Monday night! YIPEE!

I can't wait to relax! S

I have been feeling overwhelmed lately, but I'm in 4th year Engineering and quickly approaching this term's final exams! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter